It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA.. Land Of The....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm an American citizen living in the pacific northwest. I can honestly say I am ashamed and embarrassed to be a american citizen. I'm only 24 years old so I have a lot of living and learning ahead of me I hope, but how can you people living on american soil put up with everything happening???huh?? Anyone have a good explanation for me????? prices going up and no work, Make-believe illegal WARS, China owns a percent of OUR land, and so on. . Something has to happen really soon.

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." George Washington.

Sorry George, America is a JOKE!! It would be a lot easier if china just nuked us all. But we will see what happens

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The majority of people are not aware. The majority of the people cannot become aware. Our generation is aware and questions these things. The high majority of older baby boomer generation are the ones that cannot see or see past the illusion. Things will change. This social system is disgusting. It's only a matter of our will power and coming together with our hearts and minds, balanced.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Because people turn a blind eye to anything that isn't their new car or new tv. Thats all people care about these days is money and objects. People don't care if other people are unemployed, until they're unemployed themselves. They do not know that these wars are illegal because they drink up everyting the msm has to say.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
God, where do I start?

China maybe? Hey China please don't nuke us. We have people here that hate the direction the country is taking, know what I mean?

Things may be bad, but they will get better, research Oklahoma, Republic vs Democracy.

This is the starting point, the rest is on you.

Don't give up, it's what they want, apathy!
edit on 3-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I live on a fairly nice street, we have a canal going through my backyard that flows out into a big lake
Good fishing.

I have broadband internet (library at my fingertips). I have decent neighbors, I make a few bucks, enough to keep me somewhat comfortable, but not enough so it encourages me to try a bit harder or do things a bit differently to see if I can somehow make a little extra from week to week.

I like -some- television shows, I get frustrated with commercials, so I tend to limit my television watching to a few hours a week.

My family is still around, and we get along well. in this manner, I am blessed.

I get frustrated with politics, but feel that if I speak up enough and get people to view my logic, things may slowly change over time...however, the news that tells me what I am supposed to care about rarely makes a difference to me personally...so I rarely find the desire to buck the system...end of the day, I am more concerned with local politics and how that effects me than national.

I am not ashamed (or overly proud) to be an american...I am proud to be part of my family and what personal accomplishments we have made.

If I was to base my happiness on what the country as a whole does, I wouldn't be very proud, if I was to base my happiness on what the entire earth as a whole does, I would feel full of fail.

Is your life the life of everyone and everything, or are you simply a person whom will decide what makes you happy or satisfied based on what you and those closest to you create?

Perhaps if people focused on improving just their own neighborhood...the overall picture would change...too much energy sent to the top, at the expense of the bottom turning to dust...the foundation holds the top up, not visa versa

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. I do allot of traveling and out of shame and fear for my well being I am in the habit of telling people I am Canadian. I don't see any hope for change in the future. For my own piece of mind and my own well being I plan on immigrating later this year. I hope to return someday when I can be proud to be an American again. I love my country and wish very much it was the America I grew up thinking it was.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

I don't see anything you've brought up that hasn't been going on at some point in our history in one way or another.

If you believe these wars are illegal than you believe most of our wars have been illegal since the reasons aren't all that different, we've always had foreign investment in this country, people were stating the same thing you are during the Civil War claiming the government's killing it's own people and Lincoln was destroying the Constitution, which he did for awhile till the war was over.

Actually America's seen far worse times than today but made it through.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Tell me what country doesn't have its problems?

Furthermore, what have you done personally to help bring about a change?

Finally, if America is a joke, what the hell are you still doing here?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

The answer lays under if you believe in advertisements or not .

Is America as big as it is told in MSM ?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nicely put!

I think being American it's hard for Americans to see what they actually have. We shouldn't feel upset over what we have or don't have, only what the minority few want to take away from us.

As I type this, sitting on my deck eating a salad from my own gardan, planted on my little acre I call home I know that to the vast majority of Humanity I am living like a king.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

but how can you people living on american soil put up with everything happening???huh?? Anyone have a good explanation for me?????

The same reason you still live in America.....because we have too. Most of us were born here, no nothing else and we will sink with the ship if it comes to that. Most people are scared of any place other than America and most remain blind to what America has become. That's my opinion any way.

Sorry George, America is a JOKE!! It would be a lot easier if china just nuked us all.

America as it was intended to be is not a joke at all. It was a well-formed government. It is the people that did it wrong. The greedy, the selfish, the power hungry, the control freaks and so on took the freedoms we were granted and used that freedom to manipulate the entire system of government.

China will not nuke us, but we may nuke them. Don't ever doubt that.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Tell me what country is as corrupted and evil as america.
Ive done my part so far by getting a education,
and im actually considering moving to BC.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Just curious OP, do you have any foreign friends? have you lived outside the U.S? If America is a joke, it's arguably the best joke to live in, that is unless you don't like comedies and would rather prefer your country a tragedy, I hear North Korea is serious business...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Oh no. We are the land of the free. We still are. Not until we lay down and submit, do we lose our freedom. I do not believe we have reached the point in which we either stand up or lay down. Not yet. When we do reach that point. You watch just how quick, we the people, stand up, in the name of freedom.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
whats with the America bashing today? New way to celebrate the fourth? That guy doesn't even live here, but to you?...At the risk of quoting Tom Cruise..

"Love it or leave it".

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Now that I can agree with. America isn't going anywhere.

Patience will prevail!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Tell me what country is as corrupted and evil as america.

I'm in no position to bad mouth other nations. I don't live there. But the main difference is that our problems get highlighted internationally on a daily basis. Guess that comes with the territory of being one of the world's superpowers.

Wish ya the best on whatever you choose to do. Main thing is that your happy.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have been to other countries and seen first hand that we do not have it as good as we have been told. Yes we are much better off than say Mexico or India but lets compare apples to apples. I have friends in several other countries who have the same freedom of religion and speech we enjoy however none of them will ever need to choose between paying the light bill and getting medicine that will keep them alive, Their children will never fear that even if they are smart enough to go on to college they will not be able to attend. They can be proud to live in a country that is not ok with torture. The list goes on and on. I have seen the alternative and now can not be satisfied with what I find here at home. I have been actively trying to change things but have discovered that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The fact that you can even get an education should speak volumes. As admittedly corrupt as our government is I would say it's probably one of the least corrupt among nations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join