It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawrence Leung's Unbelievable - episode on UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Lawrence Leung's Unbelievable - new Australian, Skeptic ABC series

Episode 3 - UFO

Are you brave enough to enter inside wild UFO Land
You've been warned

Youtube Description:
"From UFO hunting in Roswell, New Mexico, to launching his own unidentified object into the sky, Lawrence Leung goes boldly where no man has gone before to make contact with aliens."

Videos:
Part 1
www.youtube.com...
Part 2
www.youtube.com...

Mod Note : Posting work Written by others Please read
edit on 9-7-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod note , add external source tags

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

You do know this is a forum for conspiracies don't you???? Not skeptics

I got 5 minutes in to the first video and they wheel out the standard astronomer expounding Venus and weather balloons????

Give us all a break. This follows the standard MSM formula

This is just the same old MSM treatment ridiculing the whole phenomena straight to the usual formula. Is this formula taught in journalism school?

Step 1. Establish that the presenter is a skeptic and display some cliches with a light hearted vein

Step 2. Talk to someone who is mentally ill and exploit them for your own interest.

Step 3 Talk to an astronomer eager to get their 20 seconds of fame to trot out cliches....weather balloons, Venus etc.

blah, blah, blah

Try doing some real research and real journalism.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

I don't want to rain on your parade, oh mighty UFO believer, lol, but sometimes Venus and weather balloons are the right explanation. Just because the believer crowd has made this explanation into some stereotypical comical comeback from "close minded skeptics" and the government "cover-up" machine doesn't mean they are right either.

You tell another member to do some "real journalism" but from your ignorant post I doubt you could even find Venus in the sky, and probably don't even believe in Chinese lanterns. Folks like you keep this subject from being seriously discussed, because anything that doesn't support your ignorant delusions must be either a part of the coverup or some secret cabal with a clandestine agenda. Typical close minded and ignorant conspiracy lover right there.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

edit on 1/7/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

I don't want to rain on your parade, oh mighty UFO believer,

You're not raining on my parade but proving my point exactly. Take a cursory look at the phenomenon and assume you know the answer. I did not state what I believe but just because I questioned the method of the journalists I must automatically be "agin" them"

Nice assumption.

Just because the believer crowd has made this explanation into some stereotypical comical comeback

It's not the believer "crowd" who has made this in to a stereotype, it is the media, that is exactly my point Einstein.

You tell another member to do some "real journalism" but from your ignorant post I doubt you could even find Venus in the sky, and probably don't even believe in Chinese lanterns.

Thanks for the confidence in me based on pure assumption. I am not telling the member to do anything but placing the blame on the producers of the video.

Folks like you keep this subject from being seriously discussed, because anything that doesn't support your ignorant delusions must be either a part of the coverup or some secret cabal with a clandestine agenda. Typical close minded and ignorant conspiracy lover right there.

You are basing your entire response on assumptions. Great use of logic.

Can you quote me where I said that? Or is that just your "ignorant delusions"?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
One thing that's unusual about the show is that it stars an Asian male for once that isn't being dropped into some media stereotype or cliche.

As an AM myself I see this as a very good progressive thing as far as race representation goes, although I still disagree with the fundamental premise of the show and know that it's 'misrepresenting' for a lack of a better word the otherside.

But you know it's not a big deal, it's a comedy show that's not meant to be taken seriously it wouldn't change the way I feel or understand about Aliens. If I wanted to get serious i'd look elsewhere for more objectivity, Leung isn't an expert and hasn't done any kind of serious bonafide research.

Other than that if you can let go of your views, it is pretty enertaining to watch.

edit on 1-7-2011 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
No, I would not enter into a UFO that has landed. I would stand very still and wait what will happen. But if there is a disaster for instance an earth quake, meteor or asteroid danger, I would believe they are here to rescue us and I would enter the UFO with my son.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
this planet is but a tiny spec of dust compared to whats out there! when will you people wake up and see whats under your noses, god you make me sick

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You do know that anyone, skeptics included can post whatever they like?
Providing it's within T&C's of course.

You don't get to dictate who posts what and where.

I got 5 minutes in to the first video and they wheel out the standard astronomer expounding Venus and weather balloons????

This is just the same old MSM treatment ridiculing the whole phenomena straight to the usual formula. Is this formula taught in journalism school?

Standard MSM formula eh? I've seen plenty of MSM news articles where there's no mention of such things.

Step 1. Establish that the presenter is a skeptic and display some cliches with a light hearted vein

Whodathunkit! A satirical program that has lighthearted entertainment

Step 2. Talk to someone who is mentally ill and exploit them for your own interest

Where's the proof he's mentally ill?

You're in no position to make that claim.

Step 3 Talk to an astronomer eager to get their 20 seconds of fame to trot out cliches....weather balloons, Venus etc.

blah, blah, blah

Yeah, like you watching only 5 minutes and basing your whole opinion on that 5 minutes.

edit on 1/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thanks for the vid links OP. Too funny.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Step 2. Talk to someone who is mentally ill and exploit them for your own interest.

blah, blah, blah

Actually, you are absolutely WRONG. This is NOT a "conspiracy" board, but rather a section of a board that is supposed to be dedicated to the discussion of the UFO phenomenon, and NOT a single other reason.

You are rude and you are also a complete insult to your own intelligence. You make out the skeptic to be those with the most apparent preformed opinions???? That's insane. Just nutz.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Same old debunking, strawman tactics from day two of the Roswell incident. Venus and balloons exists therefore, real UFOs don't and those that have had experiences, well, they are just addled. And all of those pictures, fake or misidentified astronomical and natural phenomena. Please don't attempt to deny genuine UFOs unless you can disprove EVERY thing that works together to give us the virtually complete picture we have of the situation.

That is what can be called simple-minded awareness of the Universe(regardless of claims of logic and education.)

edit on 1-7-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No need to be a schmuck; The member, UFORadio, is one of the greatest current archivists of UFO video and audio. He's collected just about every UFO-related media for years and is willing to share his collection with people who share his dedication.

Outside of the guys associated with CUFOS and Project 1947, I'm not aware of anyone else with an archive anywhere close to his.

I'm not trying to flame you, just pointing out that you've fired your shots at the wrong guy.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You do realize you are wrong, right?

This is a forum for ALL - believes and skeptics. Please do not tell others who can and cannot post here. It is rude. It is off topic.

Your attitude and behavior towards others, is less than stellar. Please fully read this: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics
edit on July 1st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think it's a great show for believers and skeptics alike. Can you imagine what ATS would be like without it's better-informed skeptics?

My own personal beliefs can take some ribbing and my logical nature can always use sharpening. A witty and entertaining young man, I expect Lawrence will do well with himself.

And who knows: He may just come up against something that challenges the "Randi" in him one day.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You may want to step lightly there. The people he talked to don't sound a lot different from some of the folks that post here.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think the main purpose for what Lawrence is doing is to show amongst other things just how gullible people are.

Here's one example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join