It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawrence Leung's Unbelievable - episode on UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
You do know that anyone, skeptics included can post whatever they like?
Providing it's within T&C's of course.

You don't get to dictate who posts what and where.

Self appointed moderator huh????

Standard MSM formula eh? I've seen plenty of MSM news articles where there's no mention of such things.

Well, bully for you.

Whodathunkit! A satirical program that has lighthearted entertainment

Yes, exploiting people with a psychiatric condition for entertainment is very lighthearted.

Where's the proof he's mentally ill?

My opinion, I'm a shrink.

You're in no position to make that claim.

Do you make assumptions about everything? Or is it just the one assumption that you know more than everybody else?

Yeah, like you watching only 5 minutes and basing your whole opinion on that 5 minutes.

Why would I watch anymore than I did? So I can watch them punch a cancer patient in the stomach?

I could see that man was suffering from psychosis and they happily exploit him for profit and other peoples amusement??

Its a disgrace and totally abhorrent. It really got my blood boiling.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
No need to be a schmuck; The member, UFORadio, is one of the greatest current archivists of UFO video and audio. He's collected just about every UFO-related media for years and is willing to share his collection with people who share his dedication.

Outside of the guys associated with CUFOS and Project 1947, I'm not aware of anyone else with an archive anywhere close to his.

I'm not trying to flame you, just pointing out that you've fired your shots at the wrong guy.

My ire was not meant to be directed at the OP, but the producers of the TV show because they were exploiting someone who is ill for profit and entertainment and I hit the roof and just launched broadsides at everything.

If the OP is offended then I apologise to him or her, they were the collateral damage in my anger.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
You may want to step lightly there. The people he talked to don't sound a lot different from some of the folks that post here.

My comment was in no way meant to be offensive, as a shrink, I get ropable when people make fun of those who are suffering and I could see that man is not well.

Not many people understand psychatric disorders when presented with them in the flesh.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yep your right, that comment was out of line.

I'll take it on the chin.

I still stand by my comments about the TV show however.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I think it's a great show for believers and skeptics alike. Can you imagine what ATS would be like without it's better-informed skeptics?

It's always good to have pple with different views around, without Skeptics you won't have pple who are driven to find as many rational explanations as possible for any event or so, and without believers you won't have people who are not constrained by rationality/reason and are open to possibilities that lie outside a mainstream paradigm.

yin and yang, you won't get the whole picture if you stay at one extreme. It's a good show, but it's not balanced at all, Leung is close-minded, adheres to the standard Skeptic agenda by not examining compelling evidence with an open mind or talk to credible and smart people who are in ufology.
edit on 2-7-2011 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I seriously hated this show and after 3 min I switched it off, total rubbish, and a total mockery on the subject of UFO's.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Great show. The episode on pyschics was brilliant.

I didn't see the mentally ill thing in a bad light (may be my own confirmation bias) I think it highlights a serious issue ie that a lot people who believe some of those things are sadly either mentally ill or on the brink, a bit like those religious people that believe they have contact with whatever god. I think people seeing that in a lighthearted manner is a positive (without being shoved down their throat) makes the general public more aware. If he had been being an a$&hat towards the guy I may of thought differently but he was polite and friendly.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks goodness there are skeptics! Im lost without them! [/Sarcasm] And I can't distinguish fake from true and as if you haven't seen me denying some cases and accepting others, taking side of both believers and skeptics.

No need to take them as something good, a person can be crazy enough to believe everything posted on the web or dumb enough to deny everything, OR just use COMMON SENSE and see what is false and what MAY BE true without calling absolutey 100% true and without making dumb denial.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

You were the one telling people that this was a conspiracy forum and skeptics weren't welcome, seems you're the one trying to moderate.

And you're a psychologist huh? And you often diagnose people without speaking with them or getting to know them do you?

That's pretty poor practise if you ask me, makes sense though, you base your opinion on a show only after 5 minutes and you diagnose someone as mentally ill merely by watching them on a video.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You were the one telling people that this was a conspiracy forum and skeptics weren't welcome, seems you're the one trying to moderate.

Ooohhh he said, she said. Sounds like fun!

And you're a psychologist huh?

Nope, psychiatrist. Two different fields dealing with the same organ.

And you often diagnose people without speaking with them or getting to know them do you?

Look up the difference between the two fields, psychologists do the talking cures. Clinical diagnosis of symptoms can be done by video or in the flesh.

That's pretty poor practise if you ask me

I didn't. Neither did anybody else.

you base your opinion on a show only after 5 minutes

I already answered this, see earlier post.

you diagnose someone as mentally ill merely by watching them on a video.

If you see someone on video whose shin is at right angles, they are displaying symptons of a broken leg, chances are they have a broken leg.

If someone is displaying symptoms of psychosis on video, chances are they are suffering from psyshosis, regardless of the underlying causation, whether its drug induced or otherwise.

You really do think you know more than everybody else don't you???
edit on 7/7/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

whats the big clue he's mentally ill?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Only those that know less than me...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Only those that know less than me...

Well, I can't argue with that......

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

whats the big clue he's mentally ill?

Without getting off topic too far, its mainly a lot of subtle things that an experienced eye can notice when you know what to look for.

What caught my attention initially was when he said he had been "on" Jupiter. Jupiter is a gas planet, essentially just a big ball of gas with no solid mass, therefore he could not have been "on" it. If he had been there he would know that. After that it was a matter of just looking for other apparent symptoms.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Dear Chadwickus

I think his main reason for making this documentary is for him to get paid.

So he has proved he can make a fake well I have seen the real thing.

So no worries.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I've enjoyed the show up until this episode. It's a pity the only UFO guys they had on were the ultra woo-woos.
What was the point of the colonoscopy bit besides putting me off my food?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join