It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police "mistook" handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered,

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gakus

Actually you do have the right to resist an unlawful arrest, up to and including killing the officer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Me too.....me too, with a smile on my face and a song in my heart

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by usgovhater

They are actually not classified as non-lethal. They are classified as LESS LETHAL.

They're categorized the same as beanbags and rubber buckshot.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You plan to murder somone for tasing your child...

Sounds like you have a stable mind. Its a good thing it wasnt a christian that said what you did.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

In my career I ensured that 19 people who were unsuited for the job didn't get the chance to abuse anyone. I did my part
Thank you.

It is good to know that you took the citizens matters to heart.

link   
Why did the cop taser, mace, and beat the mentally handicapped boy on his bicycle?

Because America's a Police State and the cop can get away with it.

Why'd the chicken cross the road?

To get out of Amerika and into Canada.

Hopefully that mentally handicapped boys mom gets a lawyer and makes that cop homeless....pretty sad when we're rooting for Lawyers isn't it?

link   
This is so infuriating

1. They obviously never gave the kid a chance to actually communicate otherwise they would have realized he wasn't being a sarcastic kid

2. Just because a kid "disrespects" a cop, doesn't give said cop the right to taze the kid, pepper spray him after he freaks out when something he didn't understand happened to him, and then punch him in the chest and leg.

3. TAZERS ARE MEANT TO REPLACE DEADLY FORCE. They aren't meant to MAKE people be obedient.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Based on the OP and the info given...

I'd probably have Tased the officer doing the Tasing. No BS.

An EDP needs to be handled with kid gloves. They do not have the capacity to reason that you or I do. They do not respond to stimuli like you or I do.

That being said- I have 2 nephews who are SEVERELY autistic. One is 19 the other 23. Both are over 6 feet and 200+ pounds. When they are out of control they are essentially unstoppable and a Taser in that case would be appropriate because once they are wound up they remain in that state for hours on end. Going hands on increases the chance of serious injury to both parties and Matt has dealt me a butt whooping on more than one occasion because I was trying to control him versus hurt him

Of course the best option is to allow family members to deal with the EDP as they know the triggers and ways to calm him/her down so long as the EDP is not presenting danger to him(her)self or others.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
This is so infuriating

1. They obviously never gave the kid a chance to actually communicate otherwise they would have realized he wasn't being a sarcastic kid

2. Just because a kid "disrespects" a cop, doesn't give said cop the right to taze the kid, pepper spray him after he freaks out when something he didn't understand happened to him, and then punch him in the chest and leg.

3. TAZERS ARE MEANT TO REPLACE DEADLY FORCE. They aren't meant to MAKE people be obedient.

1: Correct

2: Correct

3: Incorrect. Tasers are not meant to replace deadly force. There is no replacement for deadly force. Period.

They are meant to provide an intermediary step in a use of force continuum before hard hand, impact and chemical. Where that lies is the individual department's SOP but ALWAYS before chemical as most OC propellants are alcohol based and there is risk of fire.

They are also specifically employed to force compliance on a non-compliant subject in a safer manner than an impact weapon or hard hand can provide. I've been Tased numerous times as an instructor. It hurts for a few seconds then you're fine. This assumes you are in good health and have not ingested stimulants. If you have there is risk of heart attack- the same as if you were in a fight (hard hand).

BTW- I'll take a Tasing over a hard hand strike, baton strike or pepper spray any day of the week. I HATE PEPPER SPRAY!!

Damn stuff runs down your body the next day when you shower and when it hits the package.... I scream like a little girl

edit on 30-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MustangDesigns

Shoot!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lacyisarobot
This is horrible, makes me sick. Cops give donuts a bad name.

Lacy, I gave you a STAR!

you know why.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Seems they are only employing people with god complexes these days to be cops.. I cant possibly try and explain the actions of a police man in the US, but I know for sure, if that happened here in NI (Northern Ireland, for you more geographically challenged) the Police man would lose his job and probaly end up doing time for assault. Im not a 100% certain, but Im pretty sure that America is one of the only '1st World' Countries not to formally recognise/sign up to the Human Rights Council - Hence Guatanamo (not sure if correct spelling) even though Mr Change Obama said he would shut it down in his first year!!!! - Sure Barack... ....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

perhaps that is the problem,people are not following the example,lol.money fixes all these days.there is no honor in any way about going to court and getting a lump sum wile the criminal walks free just cause he is a cop.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by butcherguy

Ahh,if you did what you want to do to the cops'
donuts,you wouldn't have a job very long!
If the donut shop were to have cameras around
the facilities,your "actions" could end up in a
you tube video going viral over the net.

Maybe even a thread dedicated to your actions here on ATS!
edit on 30-6-2011 by mamabeth because: added

Still can't star you Mamabeth... but that other one you put up got a star.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This boils my blood. Its one thing to wrongfully assault a minor but a handicapped kid as well? He wasn't even armed and they had the nerve to try and say they were victims of assault?
Civil Conspiracy indeed!

They were even being yelled at by multiple people that this kid was handicapped and they simply used their herder instinct to get the sheep, oops I mean witnesses away.

I hope this lands them in a nice cell with some big burly inmate ready to act some real justice!

I know its been sheep hunting season for quite some time know...anyone know when pig hunting season starts?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
:shk:

Anyone come across police statements concerning the case?

Here is the lawsuit that is being filed.

www.courthousenews.com...

I read this document. Demand for Jury trial - good. If I were a juror finding for the plaintiff, I would push for a punitive award that would have TWO commas. This crap needs to be punished. Yeah, I know that the taxpayers ultimately pay, but you know what? A couple awards like this and the city will rien in their hothead cops but FAST.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by Anthony1138

i hope the cop has a good lawyer to so they can find out the mother put her son up to do this .

you're too funny immortalgemini....are you related to donald trump? He thinks all the gods love him too

edit on 30-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think it's time we took the taser away they are starting to over use it. Lets give them sling shots and pepper spray paint balls instead.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
10% is a big number. Unemployment hasn't hit 10%, yet it's helping crash our economy. Taxes haven't hit 10%, but if they did people would be outraged. Take a step back and put it in perspective. Everything is relative.

There are 120,000 Full time police officers in the US. By your math that would make 12,000 bad eggs. The problem isn't that there are bad people in this world. That is inevitable and a whole different problem within itself. The problem is that these people are allowed to be in positions of power.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

A question - how many things like this often have their roots in real or perceived CoC?

2 definitions - and they are strictly my 2 cents.

Perceived CoC = this case is a good example. It doesn't sound like this kid has the mental abilities to knowingly try to tick the cop off - but the cop perceived what the kid was doing as CoC.

Actual CoC = maybe the other thread about the lady who didn't go in her house. Yup she probably meant to tick the cop off or didn't care if she did.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join