It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police "mistook" handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+92 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

DAYTON, Ohio (CN) - Dayton police "mistook" a mentally handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered, pepper-sprayed and beat him and called for backup from "upward of 20 police officers" after the boy rode his bicycle home to ask his mother for help, the boy's mom says.

Courthouse News Service

Seriously? Really? How do you even do this? What kind of human being do you have to be to even attempt to try something like this. Unforgivable. Let me tell you something, even IF this kid wasn't handicapped, and even IF he was being "disrespectful" to the Officer by mocking him, I don't believe that gives the Officer authority to chase him down, pepper-spray and Taser him. The police force are given entirely too much control and power. If I was that Officer I'd be so ashamed of myself. Grrrr.... I don't want to turn this in to a rant!

Every time I read something like this, it always begs to me the question; What can I do to help? or What can WE do to prevent the Police from abusing their power.

+46 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Disrespect or "contempt of cop" is not an excuse for this action.

The fact that they would try to excuse with "contempt of cop" as if that makes it all okay is frightening.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
smh sorry sometimes a 1 liner is all thats needed sometimes..............

edit on 6/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I want to say something so bad I can not stand it but if I do my post will get pulled and I could get banned for ATS for it. I will leave it at that.

+45 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MustangDesigns

I haven't read the whole article, but after reading the title it occured to me. I have children, and they will be teens one day. If they are ever attacked, intimidated, abused, or otherwise harmed by someone, in or out of uniform, and if there is ever a need for retribution, I won't be using tasers.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I can tell a disability from a random bloke getting lippy. You know what I mean ? If I say what's really on my mind I'll be banned and sitting back at GLP waiting for the end as usual.
This is wrong, police are ridiculous these days.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"Respect my Authoritaw!"

Why do you think these cops are getting so high-strung? Are they putting amphetamines in their morning brew?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
"Respect my Authoritaw!"

Why do you think these cops are getting so high-strung? Are they putting amphetamines in their morning brew?

Oh Cartman!
I don't know what's going on with this, maybe something in the donuts. My grandma always said you want to control the people mess with the food..........maybe old gram was right

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
More jumped up filth acting like jumped up filth. But no doubt these actions will be praised by some on here, as being brave and heroic.

Like others, I can't say what I'd like to say, a ban would soon follow.

I just hope that these cops loose their jobs. They won't, becasue the system is geared up to protect scum like this.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
While for the most part I have had very good experiences with my local police few things worry me more than a lazy police officer, especially one who is overweight and pressured to lose that weight. I think they should scrutinize every taser incident and determine if the officer used it out of laziness, a lack of willingness to engage with the public in anything other than a goon force...or if they are taking diet pills. This is really bad.
edit on 30-6-2011 by ChrisCrikey because: spelling

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, here's more proof that the cops need to be reined in.

Don't worry, there will be a couple of cops post here soon. They will tell us why we see it all wrong. They will say the kid deserved it.

Pith on them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by Darce
"Respect my Authoritaw!"

Oh Cartman!
I don't know what's going on with this, maybe something in the donuts. My grandma always said you want to control the people mess with the food..........maybe old gram was right

I know what I'd like to do to their donuts.

Oh, if I only worked at a donut shop!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Don't worry, there will be a couple of cops post here soon. They will tell us why we see it all wrong. They will say the kid deserved it.

Pith on them.

Their arrogance will increase because they can do these things and get away with them.

Sure, people of today can pity the cops. The people of tomorrow will hunt down cops.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MustangDesigns

"Contempt of Cop" is starting to look like you're going to get the
Royal Treatment if you don't even fit the authorities' profile of
normal. Who's next I wonder? This is posted after fixer's response,
and I must admit to say how this makes me feel (about how things
are getting) would get me a lot more than banned.
This should get a lot more attention on a national scale than you
know it's going to-- and that's why TPTB will succeed. Enjoy your
short ride to the long ditch, boys: there's room for you in there too.
I personally believe the best will be saved for last, and I'm glad
there's every chance I won't be around to see it.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What really scares me here.... is how obvious it is that you have no power or control over anything in the presence of a police officer. If they want to pepper-spray you, tase you, beat you, arrest you. They can and will, then come up with the excuse later.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think that this is so inexcusable that no one, not even cops will attempt to defend this. But you never know, just when I think people can't get any lower, they surprise me and sink to new depths.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Absolute ****ing disgrace.

Wander how much coverage the local TV news gave that almighty cock up?

Disgrace

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
:shk:

Anyone come across police statements concerning the case?

Here is the lawsuit that is being filed.

www.courthousenews.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is horrible, makes me sick. Cops give donuts a bad name.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
These thugs need to lose their jobs plain and simple.
If you have multiple people telling you that someone is handicapped you need to approach the situation differently.

I hope they get a zillion dollars and bankrupt the city. Maybe then they will change the way they do things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join