It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police "mistook" handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered,

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sometimes cops become criminals. Sometimes criminals become cops.

One way to guarantee good behavior is to ensure cops have no legal protections that the commoner doesn't. Otherwise we are as defenseless as peasants from armored henchmen.

A peasant usually owed their lord 20% of their earnings. They also owed the priest or bishop 10% of their ownings. Of course, knights could, and would usually demand tributes for keeping them alive. Overall, the peasant usually retained only 10-20% of their total work and earnings.
Hey, change the names and that describes an employee and taxpayer!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tie No Bows!
Shocking as it is, the real story is that nothing will come of it, ok so perhaps there may be a few dollars hush money for the kid and he's welcome to it. But this will happen again and again and the people will only stand and stare like the Wildebeest we are!

!

And of course it is not their money paying but tax payers money.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I know for the most part this is just out of control cops abusing power, but seriously this almost seems like intentional overkill.... like certain higher authorities have an agenda to see friction between police and community escalate into violence.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I hope the city gets sued for a lot of money on this one. What was the original charge? he stopped a kid riding his bicycle and all this happened. Even if he actually was "disrespecting" the officer, thats not a crime. It is not against the law to disrespect anyone, thats how dictator ships operate. Pathetic police officers, even full grown men have to resort to tasers and pepper spray to subdue someone.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Human beings simply cannot handle power. Just think, police can dp some terrible things because they have a little bit of power, now think about the power handed down to the world goverment. No wonder we have so many problems in society.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DN38416

I was being honest. I have literally never met a person who hated Cops who was not either doing drugs, drunk driving or committing other crimes. That is a factual statement from me. In my youth, I was one of them. I grew up, many did not. Since straightening out my act, the Cops are friendly to me and the couple of times I was pulled over in the last 30 years since I wised up, the Cop was very nice. That is also a fact.

People who resist arrest do so for a reason and people who talk about killing Cops are dangerous people that I'm glad they are there to deal with. I understand most are just blowing hot air out their backsides, but on the Internet how do we know who is really that insane or not. We don't even know how many here are posting from prison.

The Cop Haters here are getting as bad as the Jew Haters and neither group is fooling any sane person. Bad people are bad people and they always play the innocent little lamb routine.

If that story is completely true, if the mother is not lying to get more money and the court finds that to be the case, the Cops who caused it should be fired and jailed. Those who say it makes all Cops bad are still liars though and they usually have some hidden reason they are such Cop Haters. Mostly drug addicts I'll admit, having once been one myself. 28+ years clean and proud as hell of it. I'll never get over regretting how stupid I used to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MustangDesigns

The way i take it he went home and the police followed then his mom just sat idle by while they beat him up...some mother for ya even if it is the police it doesnt matter how could you let your handicapped son get beat up by anyone? The charges were dropped because hes mentally ill, the officer should be fired.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
These trigger-happy cop stories are far too common for my liking. I'm disgusted they'd believe they need backup to beat on a hogtied handicapped teen.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Actually i believe you believe that . I am 39 years old don't do drugs or anythg criminal. I just think you are the perfect government employee, and part of the problem along with a brainwashed society who refuse to think critically. So Am i an acception to the rule ? or is my outspoken critisism the crime I am guilty of? And way to go throwing the racial Jew card in there. Derailing the topic? or just trolling?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just another example of why I encourage people to keep their kids away from cops. My experience is that cops are like a shell-shocked soldier...the slightest thing makes them go insane and you never can tell what kinda form the crazy is gonna take.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Just because somebody breaks a law doesn't make them a bad person.

The sit-ins during the Civil Rights era were illegal. Were those people bad?

I j-walked the other day. Does that make me a bad person?

I don't hate cops; I just distrust them. They, in general, are wound far too tightly for me to feel otherwise. I'm not saying it's completely uncalled for, but it still makes me nervous.

You claim that all cop haters are criminals; I claim that such a statement sounds suspiciously like a cop.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

They used this video in police academy to show how you are suppose to keep cool in situations like that. What really happened though is before the tape was turned on, the trooper harrassed and riled the guy up. This trooper had many complaints on him for being overly aggressive and rude. So the trooper decided to mess with this guy then cut the tape on so he could say "see how well i handled that situation". I believe he was later fired for this same incident.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This wreaks of disinfo.

Whatever you do...do NOT start assaulting cops. We're "THIS" close to Marshall Law folks. Make no mistake, 'they' want it and they want it bad enough to start posting phony articles about police brutality.

Honestly, read it with a grain of salt and you'll begin to see it clearly about half way through. They either need better writers or this was written by 'Jesse'.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Omg...how can they live with themselfs

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
:shk:
Anyone come across police statements concerning the case?
Here is the lawsuit that is being filed.
www.courthousenews.com...

5. Prior to the incident described below, Defendant Hooper knew Jesse and was aware that
Jesse was mentally challenged/handicapped and a minor child.
6. On or about June 25, 2010, Defendant Hooper encountered Jesse while he was on duty
and acting within his role as an officer of the Dayton Police Department.
7. The above encounter began at the corner of Andrew Street and St. Paul Avenue, in the
City of Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio, where Jesse was riding his bicycle near his
residence.
8. Defendant Hooper approached Jesse and Jesse attempted to communicate with Defendant
Hooper, however, Defendant Hooper apparently mistook Jesse’s speech impediment for
disrespect.
9. Defendant Hooper began yelling at Jesse and after Jesse attempted to communicate with
him, Jesse, being a minor and mentally challenged/handicapped, turned and rode his
bicycle back to his home in an attempt to ask his mother, Ford, to help him communicate
with Defendant Hooper.
10. A neighbor attempted to communicate with Officer Hooper about Jesse’s disabilities and
was told to go back into his home, or he would be arrested.
11. Jesse approached his front door, in an effort to retrieve Ford for assistance, and
Defendant Hooper proceeded to chase him.
12. Defendant Howard, while he was on duty and acting within his role as an officer of the
Dayton Police Department, showed up at Ford’s house at Defendant Hooper’s request.
13. Once Ford opened the front door, Defendant Hooper and Defendant Howard fired their
Tasers striking Jesse in the back with both probes.

Wow! So Hooper knew the boy was handicapped, yet Hooper "mistook" the boy as being disrespectful? When is that a crime that warrants tasering?!?!

23. Jesse was charged with Assault on a Peace Officer, Resisting Arrest, and Obstructing
Official Business.
24. Jesse was declared incompetent by the Montgomery County Juvenile Court and the
charges against Jesse were dismissed.

www.courthousenews.com...
Thank goodness the charges were dropped. The fact that this officer conducted himself in front of witnesses too is really indicative of some of these leo's attitude. Shooting a boy in the back that is running home for help.

spec
edit on 30-6-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You guys love stories like these because it gives you the right to beat up on cops. You try to lump all law enforcement with what these two clowns dressed as cops did. So on that logic, some Muslims commit a terrorist act, then all Muslims are terrorists? If you know of some bad cops by all means call your state's internal affairs division and report them. Posting on ATS does very little besides give people who don't encounter law enforcement on a regular basis, fear of them. I never beat or tazed anyone besides someone who was taking a break from beating his girlfriend and decided to take a swing at my partner. You can't group everyone into the same catagory like that without ignorance.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I read the petition filed with the court not less than 25,000.00
in my opinion the decimal point is in the wrong place
It should read...25,000,000.00 Just my opinion tho

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

You guys love stories like these because it gives you the right to beat up on cops.

I don't love these stories, I am appalled by them. Many here have pointed out the realization that overall these cases are in the minority, but still, it is justifyable to react to these type of incidents because it is abuse of power and lends to the notion of personality disorders amongst some officers.
And, if it ever happens to you or your loved one, surely you would feel similar to how we do.
I think our reaction is that of many who see bullying and are moved to speak out, that's all, imo.

spec

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Isn't it frightening where people can shoot and kill and and do whatever they want without any fears of punishment or consequences? We call those people the police in America

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Man that is really really messed up,just...yer...

"Jesse was handcuffed and hogtied before being placed in the back of a police cruiser. "Jesse was charged with assault on a peace officer, resisting arrest, and obstructing official business."

Assault on a peace officer?!? and you bloody kidding me?!?

However, "Jesse was declared incompetent by the Montgomery County Juvenile Court and the charges against Jesse were dismissed."

Im glad that the charges are dropped.

Jesse and his mom seek damages from the city and the two lead officers, for false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution, assault, battery, excessive use of force, infliction of emotional distress and civil conspiracy. They are represented by Richard Boucher.

And i seriously hope Jesse and his Mum win the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join