It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police "mistook" handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered,

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
Some people are just trigger happy, and will find any excuse to exercise their authority, just like 'mall cop' taught us

You are exactly right. Abuse of authority comes in all types of forms

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This Is an Outrage, i don't live in america but i refuse to let such sinful crimes happen to anyone on this planet anymore, i don't know what im going to do about it but thats it!!!!
edit on 5-7-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Patrick2089

Police have a very hard and challenging, dangerous job. That said they also should never take their jobs personally or abuse their power! Some cops should never be given such power in the first place.

BALONEY! (about being dangerous) There are MANY jobs which are harder and more dangerous:

Fishermen.
Loggers.
Farmers.
Structural Construction Workers.
Garbage Men.
Pilots.
Roofers.
Coal Miners.
Linemen.

All MORE dangerous jobs than police officer. Where is THEIR respect and admiration??

That said, I wouldn't want the job, either. Respect from me is earned, I don't care who you are.
Exactly what I was thinking earlier. Thanks for checking on those occupations that are more dangerous.

A deputy sheriff was shot in the line of duty last week in my area.

Tomorrow, a major street will be shut down completely in the city of reading, PA so that a funeral procession can drive from the civic center where the funeral is being held to the slain officers home. Not a cemetary, mind you, but his house. Then they will go to the burial site. I asked a co-worker of mine that will be attending the funeral if he thought he might have the streets shut down if he was killed on the job. Ha.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MustangDesigns

Read the about us section on courthouse news website. It is a buncha lawyers who make money off suing for civil rights violations, no wonder they lack any kind olf objectiveness in this "new story". Maybe a real news paper who ask why they stopped the 17 yearold in the first place. Btw if you think it is easy to restain a 17 year old mentally handicapped person trying to flee... well, you are wrong. This article smacks of anti-police baiting and making people get their emotions ahead of the facts. Shame on courthouse news and shame on those that would allow themselves to be so vile based on clearly slanted reporting... you should be watching fox or msnbc at least they are able to be fact checked.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Horrible what the police did absolutely in-excusable. Has our friendly ATS cop member already been on to defend these police yet? I haven't time to read all these pages i would of like to see his arguments on this one...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah your right those jobs are dangerous... I remember watching ax men and seeing a tree shoot at that one logger or that crab try to stab that fisherman. Look the jobs are dangerous but mostly because of the actions of the victims. You want to talk about people who get killed by people and not accidents then you are looking at store clerks, police, and cab drivers. Police are the only ones that willingly put themselves in harms way. Nuff
said moving on to more productive people and conversations.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Righthandofthepeople
Police are the only ones that willingly put themselves in harms way.

Police Officers are the only ones? What about...

Fire Fighter
Paramedic
Soldier
Corrections Officers
Bomb Squad

... and countless others.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this is a little off topic but all my feelings towards these police officers & the incident have already been covered here...its an awful thing to have happened...now look at this -

At all relevant times described herein, City of Dayton is a municipal corporation duly
incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio, and is responsible for the regulation,
policies, customs, and practices of the Dayton Police Department, as well as supervising,
controlling, and disciplining police officers located within Dayton, Ohio.

Source:www.courthousenews.com...

A city is a corporation? maybe there's more to that strawman nonsense then people would believe...

-Bob
edit on 5/7/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

First bomb squads are police thank you. Second firefighters and paramedics don't get attcacked fire just burns whatever it wants. Paramedics I haven't heard of an attack on the cuz police stand in the way for them. Corrections could be police depending on where you live but even attcks on them are not to tghe level of street police. Lastly military inside the USA are safe but if you want to start talking about outside the USA stats and go worldwide I don't think you can properly make those accounts because of lack of reporting in some areas. So let's stick to the USA. Ready and willing to hear of your countless other... remember they have to be attcked not just an accident prone job and has to be at a rate higher than police. Good luck

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Police are the only ones that willingly put themselves in harms way.

Fire Fighter
Paramedic
Soldier
Corrections Officers
Bomb Squad

All the rest of the dangerous occupations listed earlier are working men and women that put themselves willingly in harms way. No one is working slave labor, forced at gunpoint to do their job. Some do it for money, some do it for excitement, some do it because they enjoy it and some just don't know anything else. All the same reasons that cops do their job.

The big difference between cops and all the rest... Very few jobs let you taze, beat, gas, handcuff and shoot people.

And if a cop is doing something wrong to you alongside the road at night.... who do you call for help?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Something tells me if the police got orders to get in a big circle and start having anal sex with eachother, nobody would listen. Shooting dogs, children, disabled people, though... that's all A-okay. No wonder they pander employment to the ex-military thugs that are already dehumanized.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Something tells me if the police got orders to get in a big circle and start having anal sex with eachother, nobody would listen. Shooting dogs, children, disabled people, though... that's all A-okay. No wonder they pander employment to the ex-military thugs that are already dehumanized.
Good point.

You never know though(about the circle thing).
edit on 6-7-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
"Jesse was charged with Assault on a Peace Officer, Resisting Arrest, and Obstructing
Official Business."

!#$!@%#%!#$%!@^@!$^!@$^!#@^@#%#%#@!@#%!#@%#@

No words......just......disbelief.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I sit here and watch thread after thread after thread about police abuses and I notice one common theme... no one ever stands up! People are content to sit and type away and complain behind the safety of their computers, but these same people will never do what must be done to rid our country of this menace... this scourge.

The absolute power that these police have has corrupted absolutely. Write to the cities that employ these crooked cops. Write letters to the editors of the local papers in the towns where the crooked cops serve. Call city officials. Call county, state and federal officials. Organize protests. Take up arms if you feel you must. But, most of all DO SOMETHING!!!

Are you going to sit there and passively watch as your home, your town, your state and your country become one large facist state? Or, are you going to man up and do something about it?

I put my words into actions... can you say that you do the same?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The police report tells a different story, just look at the link here

The report says the officer, named Cooper, saw Kersey riding his bike the wrong way down a street and when he tried to stop him, Kersey ditched his bike and ran off towards his house, only to find the front door locked.

Then when Cooper tried to approach him, to give him a bicycle citation, Kersey started yelling and swinging his arms at him. Kersey is described as being 6-foot-1 and 160 pounds as well...

Then apparently his mother came out and tried to pull Kersey inside, it was only then that the officer used his taser. His mother and a friend then started to fight with Cooper. And it was only when another police officer arrived as backup, that they could keep his mother and the friend at bay.

It says both of them still struggled to subdue Kersey, who was obviously resisting arrest, so they were forced to use pepper spray and baton strikes to force Kersey to the ground, so that they could handcuff him.

It even says it took several officers to get Kersey to the police car, even having to place his feet into a hobble to stop him from kicking them. It also says the mother and a friend were arrested and given a 90-day jail sentence.

So, according to the report, he was breaking the law, he then attacked the police officer and he resisted arrest, it required several officers just to get him to the police car. I mean come on, disabled or not, the guy is 6ft 1 and he started attacking a police officer...
edit on 7-7-2011 by mushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Fire Fighter
Paramedic
Soldier
Corrections Officers
Bomb Squad

Actually, believe it or not, Astronauts have the highest death rate per number of personnel out of any job around at 7.5%, professional divers cannot be far behind. Usually both the professions and sports that have the highest mortality rate involve tasks that require people to be completely dependant on equipment that can break with little notice (i.e. diving, parachuting, mountain climbing, etc.)

Be careful not to confuse dangerous with deadly when looking up statistics, there are many jobs and sports that have frequent injuries but are not life threatening. I believe that Cheerleading is per capita one of the most dangerous sports, but its not a deadly sport such as base jumping or cave diving. There are no injuries rates in cave diving for example, there are only mortality rates, so it would never show up as a high injury rate sport but rather as a high mortality rate sport.

Second firefighters and paramedics don't get attcacked fire just burns whatever it wants. Paramedics I haven't heard of an attack on the cuz police stand in the way for them.

More firefighters die from heart attacks on the job then any other cause, at around 50%. Actual deaths due to the job itself tend to be from blunt force trauma (i.e. falling, crushing, having something hit you).

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Poor kid,I'm sorry he got tased. I feel this story is a little one sided though, and I'm not defending the cops at all. I wonder what happened before that made the cops do it? Need more info.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mushrooms

Wow some background research and some common sense backed by facts like mom went to jail and boom some one blows up the argument of most people posting! Thank you for the post!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Righthandofthepeople

Only if you actually believe the police report.

News flash: cops LIE.

It happens more frequently than you might imagine.

As far as making distinctions between types of ways to die in the line of work goes, I call bs on anyone who tries to make a case that cops are nobler than fishermen, roofers, or firemen. Most cops who get killed on the job die in traffic accidents, not from gunplay. Those who do get killed by gunfire, most probably instigated the incident with an arrogant attitude and willingness to shoot somebody else. To me that qualifies as self-inflicted.

There are a few good cops: I know because I've met them. There are also more than a few bad cops: again, I know because I've met them. But most cops are not actively good enough, and will quickly turn bad under the influence of a bad one.

Cops need to quit with the self-glorification and admit that their jobs are less dangerous than others, more dangerous than some, and don't deserve any special kudos or privileges for doing the job they are paid to do. They chose to be a cop, and are more than well-paid to do it, so man up and quit whining about danger. A roofer, oil rig worker or shrimper who constantly told folks how dangerous his work was would be laughed out the business as a wimp unfit for the work.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Stop evil! start Good!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join