It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about October 28th. It just got real. it's big.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shletten

You are confusing the Mayans with the Lungold/Calleman false claims.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Try and formulate an actual response. Instead of just No; that doesn't really help you're plight.

That's the funny part you can't prove it does or doesn't and either can i. You're just too ignorant of the possibilities of its causation.

Thanks for pretending to have ever provided anything substantial.

The fact of the matter is that planetary alignments are not correlated with quakes. Only the Moon correlates with some low intensity uncommon/rare types of quakes.

Your claims are as vague and disconnected as any 2012 claims.

So when you make up baloney claims and try to connect unconnected materials or make claims about magnetism being a possible quake cause and you have zero evidence you think that is meaningful?

I would not be surprised to have you answer yes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I have already laid out my evidence and claims that which you have yet to pick apart.

Saying No doesn't really refute my post.

Its a sad attempt at best.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I seek only the truth. But let me make it perfectly clear how little I think I know:
1. All of my claims are only possibilities.
2. I could be completely misinformed.
3. All of what I believe might not be true.
John Lear

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Increased emission of radon;[2]
Increased helium emission;
Increased methane gas emission, with possible formation of colored methane clouds - Earthquake clouds;
Increased activity of mud volcanoes;
Occurrence of microseismicity;
Modification of ground electrical conductivity;
Fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field;
Changes in the density of nearby rocks;
Changes in well-water levels close to a fault;
Anomalies in the behavior of animals, such as mass migration of amphibians;
Increased emission of carbon dioxide in volcanic areas; volcanic paroxism;
Occurrence of small sand volcanoes.

I've already explained your logical error: "post hoc, ergo propter hoc." You provided a list of things that sometimes precede an earthquake and claim that they therefore cause earthquakes. What about this one: "Anomalies in the behavior of animals, such as mass migration of amphibians?" Does frog behavior cause earthquakes? It would be truly convenient if it did, because we could prevent earthquakes by rounding them all up and dumping them all back in the pond!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

en.wikipedia.org...

Due to the size of Jupiter's magnetosphere there is a possibility of very weak and very brief seasonal head-tail interaction between Earth's and Jupiter's magnetospheres. The magnetospheres of the outer gas planets may weakly interact, although their magnetospheres are much smaller than Jupiter's.

edit on 9-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

These nutty claims have been pointed out as being way off the mark. You can pretend that there is something to these when there isn't.

These potential quake predictors are not reliable. They are possible side effects to the event and certainly not causative.

There is no evidence at all that magnetic effects play any role in quakes. The magnetosphere can hardly move a compass needle let alone the large masses involved in an earthquake. Quakes happen deep inside of the Earth where external magnetic effects are not even measurable since the Earth's magnetic field is stronger as you descend into the Earth. Little of the Earth's field makes it to the surface.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Linking sources for your assertions would be nice. Until then it means nothing.

Its also apparent there is no way to disprove it or prove it that these do in-fact and/or are a catalysts for earthquakes or a pre-cursor

You are just asserting without any sources.

Also how can you be 100% sure. There is no way to be 100% sure about that.

I have already listed my sources and references as well as statements on the matter.

You've done nothing except deny it.

edit on 9-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Anything can be predicted...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What did I discover? Jupiter, Earth, and the Sun are in alignment on October 28th, 2011. Jupiter is 300 times the mass of Earth. It is huge! And I think it will cause a massive earthquake on October 28th. Looking back at previous dates that Jupiter is in alignment with Earth and the Sun revealed more. Within a week of these alignments, there was always an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0+(See chart below). This time is different though. After the 9.0 earthquake in Japan, there has been much activity in the ring of fire. The plates are not in balance, this will set up an even bigger earthquake to occur when Jupiter is aligned with Earth on October 28th.

Those who post such things have zero knowledge of Astronomy but of course not everyone has studied it on University level...

Jupiter, Earth and Sun will allign? Oh noes, so big mass of Jupiter will cause havoc! ... I too think the effects will be negliable. here, read from NASA not some 2012 fanmade blog:

www.nasa.gov...

Gives answers to Solar flares too, while they say 'no big storms are predicted for 2012-2014' they are unsure about it if they would be big or not, all is speculation.

Oh and mind doing a bet? You send me 100 USD if nothing disastrous happens on Oct 21st 2011 or around that time>?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Its also apparent there is no way to disprove it or prove it that these do in-fact and/or are a catalysts for earthquakes or a pre-cursor

You are just asserting without any sources.

You provide links to sources that do not support your case.

Also how can you be 100% sure. There is no way to be 100% sure about that.

What do you mean that you can't be sure that alignments are not correlated with quakes? There is the entire science of statistics that provides methods to determine if a set of data is different or in some sense meaningful or in this case if a relationship exists. The answer is no.

I have already listed my sources and references as well as statements on the matter.

You have listed sources that show you are wrong. Your logical error was pointed out to you by djw001 who even told you the name of the logical fallacy.

The burden is on you to support your claim. At best you have shown some links, but you have not shown how these links are meaningful. Maybe that is where the problem lies. Maybe you don't understand the material that you linked to.

When you do provide meaningful links that connect your claims then it might be worth providing links, but so far all you have are logical mistakes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by athenegoddess

Anything can be predicted...

Math and physics have shown that there are unknowable issues. When a particular atom fissions cannot be predicted. The behavior of large numbers can be predicted, but not the finer levels. In many cases a particular outcome cannot be predicted, but the expected value can be predicted.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Oh and mind doing a bet? You send me 100 USD if nothing disastrous happens on Oct 21st 2011 or around that time>?

Can you provide a definition for disastrous? Would a war battle, a regular hurricane, a train crash, a hotel fire, a sunken ship, plane crash, etc. qualify?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

With one look at your birth chart I can predict your love life, your career, your mother and father's influence over you, your personality, interests, manner of death... etc. Same is true for everything in existence. Our civilization has no clue that's why most people are sheep.

Science is missing something dire, and that's the use of spiritual tools. I will say though, the most powerful people in the world DO predict, and DO KNOW what will happen. They are completely aware and do indeed utilize.

But seeing of something of this magnitude is a no brainer in astrology. If you can read it you can predict it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess

With one look at your birth chart I can predict your love life, your career, your mother and father's influence over you, your personality, interests, manner of death... etc. Same is true for everything in existence. Our civilization has no clue that's why most people are sheep.

Science is missing something dire, and that's the use of spiritual tools. I will say though, the most powerful people in the world DO predict, and DO KNOW what will happen. They are completely aware and do indeed utilize.

But seeing of something of this magnitude is a no brainer in astrology. If you can read it you can predict it.

Feelings are not facts, only the truely disturbed confuse the two.

Perhaps when you refer to science missing spiritual tools you might actually want to look up the definition of the word science? Here you go.

1. A branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general demonstrable laws
2. Systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Um, astrology isn't feelings. It's math and utilizing your mind to the highest degree to decipher the barrier between the spiritual and the physical/material. Tell me, why do you follow 'scientists' who have given us nothing!

I can easily use that formula with astrology. Astrology is a very deep art! I'm betting you know nothing.
edit on 7/9/2011 by athenegoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess
Um, astrology isn't feelings. It's math and utilizing your mind to the highest degree to decipher the barrier between the spiritual and the physical/material. Tell me, why do you follow 'scientists' who have given us nothing!

I can easily use that formula with astrology. Astrology is a very deep art! I'm betting you know nothing.
edit on 7/9/2011 by athenegoddess because: (no reason given)

I was referring to the 'spiritual tools' comment and the many previous posts rather than astrology.

As for astrology, just because you use math as a component doesn't make it scientific or have any basis beyond a belief. There's nothing wrong believing in it but it isn't demonstrable, that doesn't invalidate it but it isn't scientific.
edit on 9-7-2011 by clangers23 because:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I do not believe that you can predict anything about me from my "birth chart". That's a rather bold claim and no one has been able to do that. Were you able you'd be able to win the million dollar prize.

More huge mistakes. It is the removal of spiritual tools that makes science so strong. Science is strengthen by the elimination of these failed concepts. Your claims of people making predictions is true. That has no bearing on whether or not they are correct. Lots of people make predictions. They are more often wrong than right.

Astrology is a failure. Astrologists can't even predict the existence of undiscovered planets. It took astronomers to locate Neptune and Uranus. It's a no brainer than astrology is a failure.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Astrology is a sham with silly numerological formulas. It's certainly not math. It is arithmetic. It is a sad joke.

So scientists have given us nothing.

Scientists have produced the computers in front of you and are deciphering the heavens. The latter is something no astrologer can do.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Can you tell me how astrology works please?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
omg am i a Virgo or a Leo... major dilemma. This has to be the END.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join