It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about October 28th. It just got real. it's big.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

I might want to say that planetary alignment is just one of thousands of ways to cause an Earthquake.

Planetary alignments is not a way to cause quakes. So you know of thousands of ways?

Well we got EM waves, and tectonic plate movement. That is just a fraction of the big picture.

Since when do EM waves cause quakes? Another failure. Alignments is a failure and so is EM waves.

Plate movements is a cause of quakes. It is the reason there are quakes.

Oh and gravity, it's been classified by "popular" scientist as the weakest force in the universe. Weak it may be, but how fast is it? As well, gravity have a wide range of strength, so I wouldn't say it's weak. Let's make an example, if a person from Earth was to goto a bigger planet say Jupiter, what would happen? Easy, the person will gain weight by 200% or more, causing the person to be unable to move. However, if this was seen as an exercise, a way to build up muscle, then going on a planet bigger than your home planet would be the best option. And just to make one more comparison, walking one mile on Earth, you would burn somewhere around 300 Calories. Now do the same thing on Jupiter, and you will be a lot stronger, if you can take the heat.

1. Of the 4 known forces gravity is the weakest, yet it is the force that defines the universe. Two of the forces are involved only in the nucleus, and EM does not shape the universe in any appreciable way.
2. Jupiter has no known surface. You won't be able to walk on it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Because I don't think what you asked. And no it doesn't, if you look at the model further in time Jupiter is almost always in a position to pull the comet closer to Earth.

That is just not true. You are guessing and your guesses are just wrong.

The comet moves in a path defined by the forces acting on it. Your speculation on what those forces are needs to be replaced with calculations since your guesses are off the mark.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Non-the-less its still relevant research and Electromagnetic as laid out in my post is still a distinct possibility no matter how little to the topic of pre-cursors or initiators and /or catalysts for Earth-Quakes

Planetary alignments are unrelated to quakes. This issue has been investigated and shown to be a dead end. Only the Moon is correlated with any quakes. Even then the Moon is associated with only a few rare types of low intensity quakes.

Despite all of the research these precursors are not definitive in predicting quakes.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Sorry I didn't know people thought a 5.0+ quake was very major...

Sorry I guess you didn't realize that the magnitude of a quake is not related to the damage it can cause.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by mb2591

Sorry I didn't know people thought a 5.0+ quake was very major...

Sorry I guess you didn't realize that the magnitude of a quake is not related to the damage it can cause.

Yea some more of that same tone. Only thing is how much damage was caused by this quake?

If you knew so much about earthquakes you would know that 5.0+ quakes cause damage to poorly built structures so obviously in California that would be nothing. Also it took a 7.0 quake in Haiti (100's of times stronger than a 5.0 quake) to cause all the major damage.

Keep trying.
edit on 30-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

reply to post by Ghost375

the comet should be visible with the unaided eye. The alignment(6/11/2011) with Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, and Venus should have had enough force to alter the comets path significantly.

That's just a bunch of hooey. Are you suggesting that these objects are not affecting the path of other objects wen not aligned? .

Don't put words in my mouth.
And read what I actually wrote.
That doesn't just go for you, that goes for everyone.

Well I read the comet wasn't supposed to be visible till 9/11.. It sounds like he's suggesting that the aligned planets would effect the comet more so then when not aligned. Hope this clears things up.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
OK , Folks. Let's keep it friendly .

The personal sniping and Off Topic remarks are not needed or appreciated.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

sounds like someone is having a bad day.

Now I understand your skepticism as well as your pessimism, and sometimes people are who they are.

People are scared by the facts of reality.

As well I understand that you want tangible proof. In these trying times, people grow on edge. There is a wormhole in the Bermuda Triangle, planes disappear and return only a certain time in years from their present.

You may say that there is only one way to cause an Earthquake, I thought the same thing. Then I learned and progress and it turns out there are more than just one way, and some of them can be man-made. Let me hit you with one thing, What is the frequency of the Earth? EM waves can do that, mess up the frequency and cause all kinds of problems. Planetary alignment will and forever be one of the possibilities that is can cause a gravity differentiation and in the end cause a quake.

As another thing to feed you skepticism and pessimism, I used Jupiter as an example, I did not say that you have to live on the surface, you live underground and exercise under those conditions with a wind farm on top and supported by nano-tube steel frame and wires, and a good supply of food and water to feed an army of 100 men for 10 years, you can train on that planet however you want.

Also for gravity, saying it's the weakest, is like saying a black hole is weak, we are either living on a black hole or we are living in a black hole. To put it clearly, would you step out into the vastness of space and into a black hole? No you wouldn't, you'll be spaghettified before you could even see it or feel it and your remains will be shot out by a white hole. As well, why I say it's faster than light is because it acts so quick that you don't even see it. It comes in a wave, similar to the light spectrum, but either very low or very high.

An just as a question of concern, are you all right?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Non-the-less its still relevant research and Electromagnetic as laid out in my post is still a distinct possibility no matter how little to the topic of pre-cursors or initiators and /or catalysts for Earth-Quakes

Planetary alignments are unrelated to quakes. This issue has been investigated and shown to be a dead end. Only the Moon is correlated with any quakes. Even then the Moon is associated with only a few rare types of low intensity quakes.

Despite all of the research these precursors are not definitive in predicting quakes.

Again check my post again Jupiter's magnetosphere is known to interact with Earths magnetosphere.

Actually take the time to read my original post since your answer is riddled with complete denial of the facts laid out in my post.

Deny Ignorance

P.S Whispers in your ear( Moon Doesn't have a magnetosphere ) Jupiter does.

Understand that gravity is not the only possible pre-cursor or catalysts in Earthquakes

Planetary alignments are unrelated to quakes

Thats a pretty bold statement; there is no conclusive evidence against such so you're statement is highly irrational

Mainly because perhaps some alignments do have a causation and/or catalysts for Earthquakes because to state such is highly ignorant.

Even if only 1 in a million or less Planetary alignments caused Earthquakes it still could cause Earthquakes

Deny Ignorance Have an Open-Mind

You are forgetting to note the point i made with the magnetospheres of Earth and Jupiter can interact and have been known to interact and fluctuations in the Earths magnetosphere can be catalysts causation for Earth-quakes or one of the variables for causation

You simply posted no evidence proving otherwise in your post

So you're statements saying there is no argument and thats its conclusive that alignments do no cause Earthquakes is absurd and highly irrational.

Keep thinking that though.
edit on 1-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I'm with you.

Deny ignorance, have an opened-mind, don't close it. If you close, that means you have given-up, and it means they have won you over.

Universe, I'm with you on your information.

Space is a really big place and the possibilities that can happen are endless.
edit on 1-7-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Double Post (Weird O.o)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yes you should see my previous posts how i point out that Jupiters magnetosphere can sometimes possibly interact with Earths magnetosphere. Post is here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Your understading of quakes is not that good.

The damage is done in 2 ways: 1 the construction and 2 the materials upon which the construction sits.

In Japan well built apartments fell over intact.

So please do a little reading. You can learn a little about the difference between the magnitude of a quake and the energy experienced at the surface.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Well I read the comet wasn't supposed to be visible till 9/11.. It sounds like he's suggesting that the aligned planets would effect the comet more so then when not aligned. Hope this clears things up.

The path of any celestial object is due to the forces acting upon it. Astronomers are able to determine this with great precision. Consider that occultations of stars by small asteroids can be done so well that the towns that see the event can be predicted well in advance.

The path of the comet can be predicted well in advance knowing early initial conditions. The force that cannot be known in advance is outgassing from the comet itself.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

People are scared by the facts of reality.

Trying to assign that to me is unwarranted.

There is a wormhole in the Bermuda Triangle, planes disappear and return only a certain time in years from their present.

The Bermuda Triangle is a fantasy. There is no wormhole there. Planes do not disappear and return years in the future. The tall tales of the Bermuda Triangle are just ficticious versions of actual events.

Planetary alignment will and forever be one of the possibilities that is can cause a gravity differentiation and in the end cause a quake.

The only object that might be affecting quakes is the Moon and then only a few uncommon low intensity quakes. Other planets do not cause or affect quakes. EM waves do not cause quakes.

I used Jupiter as an example, I did not say that you have to live on the surface

There is known surface on Jupiter. There is no known underground either. It's a gas giant. Sheesh.

As well, why I say it's faster than light is because it acts so quick that you don't even see it. It comes in a wave, similar to the light spectrum, but either very low or very high.

1. Gravity travels at the speed of light, not faster.
2. Your claims about black holes are meaningless and not germaine to the discussion
3. There is no reason to suppose that black holes are connected to white holes.

This is indicative of your posts - they end to be unsubstantiated personal musings rather than based on fact.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Again check my post again Jupiter's magnetosphere is known to interact with Earths magnetosphere.

There is nothing your post that suggests that this is affecting quakes. EM waves and magnetic issues do not affect earthquakes. Are you confusing earthquakes with spacequakes?

Actually take the time to read my original post since your answer is riddled with complete denial of the facts laid out in my post.

You did not provide any relevant facts. I did not deny anything other than the suggestion on your part that irrelevant information was connected to earthquakes.

Understand that gravity is not the only possible pre-cursor or catalysts in Earthquakes

This is your claim. The problem is that these events are not known to be indicative of a quake. A precursor is not the same as the initiator, the cause. What is clear is that objects except for the Moon are not associated with quakes.

Thats a pretty bold statement; there is no conclusive evidence against such so you're statement is highly irrational

That is false. Just because you do not know this is not a surprise. This issue has been studied and that is how the Moon is seen to be correlated with a few low intensity types of quakes. That is rational. To claim against all of the studies done by seismologists is irrational.

Mainly because perhaps some alignments do have a causation and/or catalysts for Earthquakes because to state such is highly ignorant.

That is an unsubstantiated and highly ignorant claim. It just shows that you need to do a lot of research.

Even if only 1 in a million or less Planetary alignments caused Earthquakes it still could cause Earthquakes

Are you admitting the failings of your claims? Yes you are.

You are forgetting to note the point i made with the magnetospheres of Earth and Jupiter can interact and have been known to interact and fluctuations in the Earths magnetosphere can be catalysts causation for Earth-quakes or one of the variables for causation

You never showed anything along that line of thinking. Go back to your own post and see why this is a falsehood.

You simply posted no evidence proving otherwise in your post

You have posted irrelevant material and drawn whimsical unrelated conclusions.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

There is a huge difference between an open mind and being gullible. I do not see open minds. Rather I see gullible posters that are having trouble discerning fact from fiction.

The issue of planetary alignments and quakes has been studied for decades. It was easy to show that quakes in general are not related to other planets or the Sun or Moon. That research has been refined looking for possible correlations with special types of quakes. There is a correlation with a few uncommon low intensity quakes and the Moon.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Many studies in the past have shown no significant correlations between the rate of earthquake occurrence and the semi-diurnal tides when using large earthquake catalogs.

Several recent studies, however, have found a correlation between earth tides (caused by the position of the moon relative to the earth) and some types of earthquakes.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join