It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Service Annoucement ----- Do not leave your dog unattended ever!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
who cares, its just a damn DOG! Dogs are meant to be outside anyways! Besides I hate pets they are annoying as hell,so what if the guy left his dog in the car it had water to live on. I dont see why people have to care so much about their pets as if they were real people it makes me sick!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourloko911
who cares, its just a damn DOG! Dogs are meant to be outside anyways! Besides I hate pets they are annoying as hell,so what if the guy left his dog in the car it had water to live on. I dont see why people have to care so much about their pets as if they were real people it makes me sick!!!

Perfect example of why I prefer dogs over humans...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hmm, dogs dependent on man you say...

I detect strong emotions attached to this statement which may prevent you from reading my post here with an open mind or heart.

But here goes: Dogs in the wild are surely independent of man. They will turn feral and go back to their wolfish ways and perhaps form a new breed or species like the Dingo (I'm just stating a fact that they consider most new feral dogs a "new species" probably for political reasons?). Please do not attempt to tame a wild dog. It is perfectly happy and healthy where it is.

As for domesticated dogs: They do need man to survive. For in the domestic setting, there are only two choices: 1) Co-inhabit the land with man or 2) PERISH. Unless you are part of an indigenous tribe who hunt animals for food and coexist in the most primal and natural way ever, you are most likely part of the neo industrial civilization wherein all untame animals cannot co-inhabit their land. So I guess yes, in that sense the domesticated dog is bound to be dependent on man - lest it be like its less domesticated animal brethren and end up as...

ROADKILL!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Someone has probably already mentioned this already, but this week in the UK a police dog handler left his dog in his patrol car and it died. A sad story, but one which keeps reocurring.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'll just say this. Don't tell me how to raise my animals, and I won't tell you how to raise yours. The thing about the car is your own belief, and beliefs are like (forgive the crudeness) penises. It's all fine and dandy to have one, just don't try and force it down my throat. I know a family that leaves three little poodle-type dogs in their car during church, even on hot days, and they have survived many years of that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rosar098
I know a family that leaves three little poodle-type dogs in their car during church, even on hot days, and they have survived many years of that.

I know families in concentration camps in North Korea that are still alive. It's not always about survival...
edit on 29-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yea i never understood why people don't just leave them home....

They say they don't want to leave them alone, in a roomy house...yet they will leave them ALONE in a cramped and hot car....

It's not a baby...you don't have to take it with you everywhere....it's an animal and it's born with survival skills.....

It will be ok for a few hours alone......

I'm not even a dog lover...too be honest I can't stand the barking....drives me crazy so I dont' think I could ever own a dog........but seriously .....just leave them home alone a few times and they will get used to it.....

We let me cat for 16 years roam as an outdoor cat with reports from friends of it ending up a mile away....( my sub is HUGE ! ...mile long ) anyways yea and she survived....even with front paws de-clawed for 16 years just roaming and coming and going as she pleases....

She was fine!!!! long trips for 3-4-5 days....no problem....litter box....3 bowls of water and 2 of food...just incase...

( which is more than enough) and she was fine...

People are just dumb.......give a dumb person anything and they will find a way to do something dumb with it.

We need to stop people from doing dumb things instead of dumbing down our country because they can't keep up with the other 75% of us.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourloko911

It makes you sick for a reason and that tells us a lot about you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rosar098
I'll just say this. Don't tell me how to raise my animals, and I won't tell you how to raise yours.

This is completely wrong and doesn't apply to raising your children either. If what you do harms your children or pets we have the obligation to step in and put a stop to it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

And I totaly agree with you. The dogs we had were wolf hounds so they are pretty much adapted to any weather but, like I said, we have to use common sence when it comes to our pets. If you have a BostonTerrier, it will required different needs indeed.

By the way I love Rottweilers.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't understand how can people just go on and treat animals as if there a type of human being. There not there wild animals . I'm not saying that leaving them in a car unattended is alright, but there just animals nothing more than any cow, pig, or horse. If you say it's not right to abuse dogs or mistreat dogs you should say that about those animals your going to be eating for supper.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
WHAT THE FU** DOES THIS THREAD HAVE TO DO WITH ABOVETOPSECRET?

ATS SEEMS TO HAVE BECOME JUST ANOTHER HATE PIT FULL OF HATE-MONGERS AND THE JOBLESS IGNORANT..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

A maligned breed for sure. In light of human ignorance that runs rampant, I think a permit with a training course needs to be necessary (for the human not the dog) before they can bring home a bully breed. I know I did my homework before bringing home this rescue rott.

Rotts rock!

reply to post by ZforZionism

There are threads like this because most people have more on their minds than just conspiracy. It's easy to pass them by. It takes a bit more energy to contribute to one.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

As someone who lives on a ranch, I really, really, REALLY have a problem with messages like this. Good lord if it was up to city folk every animal would be clothed in bubble wrap and never let off a leash.

What in the flim-flam heck is wrong with leaving an animal in a car on a cool day, with the windows down? To say to a person that they should never, ever, ever--absolutely under NO circumstance--leave an animal in a car is flat-out ridiculous. It makes me want to ask what is wrong with YOU?

Tell me, what is the difference between a car and a kennel? Do you think that simply because the walls of a kennel are chain link that the animal is somehow better off? Shade is shade, PEOPLE. On a cool day it makes not a boatload of difference if the animal has wire walls, or a window down.

Now, if the temperature is above 80 degrees, then you might have a case. I say MIGHT. Depends on the day, how long the owner will be gone, if there's a breeze...etc.

Sorry, I totally disagree.

Pam

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If it was time for the dogs to go,then so be it...'its a doggy dog world out there'.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by NoClue206

It's called respect, it's called love.

We had a farm dog, Sugar and my A%$$ h*&%$ brother in law left her out in a "dog pen with dog house" in 30 below weather - her blanket froze, she had 12 puppies and dug a hole under her dog house.

I was 10, I was scared to stand up to my brother in law who I had to live with - and who beat me if I so much as looked at him the wrong way.

Sugar and her puppies were okay that long cold Missouri winter, but I begged him to just let them in the bathroom for a few nights until the weather warmed up. He wouldn't. I should have stuck up for Sugar, I should have stood up to the cruel, mean tyrant but didn't have the courage.

I would go out to feed her and watch her shiver and shake............her puppies crying.

Being a slightly disillusional animal lover and getting angry with other people who don't treat their animal pet as a human person is not going to compensate or make up for your past abuses. That is something you need to deal with on your own.

Back on point, I wish these dog owners would leave their dogs at home instead of bringing those smelly and dirty mutts into my store.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I agree with you OP, but posting a picture of a dead dog, I feel that's really in bad taste and can't stand to look at it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
fact of the matter is you are all saying poor people should not have dogs. some people wouild rather coddle a lion ripping them apart than their fellow man. so what kind of vets did they have in the 1700 and 1800's. the doctors then where terrible, cant imagine vets being better.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

You know what, you're right, tomorrow I will be taking my dog back to the humane society where she has already spent too much of her life. then in two weeks when she is transferred to the pound I will go and watch them pu5 my poor baby into eternal sleep. but at least she wouldn't have spent any time in my car, god forbid.

Amen.

I once left my dog in a car while I ran inside the grocery store. I was gone for MAYBE five minutes. It was 70 degrees outside. The windows were down. My dog could have jumped out of the car if it'd wanted to get out badly enough. Yup. There was a note on the car about what a horrible pet owner I was for leaving my dog in the car. Un-real.

Get a life, people.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

A pet dog is just like any other animal if it's kept as a pet. In the terms you're putting it, a pet dog is indistinguishable from other pet animals, including pet gerbils, turtles, fish, cats, rats, etc. Would you consider fish, turtles, and rats to be comparable to children, too?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join