It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Wallace asks Michelle Bachmann: Are You a Flake?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by mishigas
That's a stretch, even coming from you. You wouldn't understand; it's a conservative thang.

Is that the best you can do to answer my question? Lame.

OK, I'll answer your question. NO, I do not support the Fairness Doctrine, and the comparison isn't even good. FD means equal time, in essence. It's a strategy to strip freedom of speech away from conservative voices.

You may be surprised how many conservative positions I understand and even support.

I contend that it would be very difficult for anyone to achieve a certain age and status without agreeing to at least some conservative principles, since conservatism is a philosophy of sustaining life. So the fact that you support some of their positions it's understandable.

The fact that you think MSNBC news commentators should be forced to ask the same questions to ALL candidates, left and right, but FOX shouldn't have to? Is THAT the "conservative thang"? THAT is hypocrisy. Are you saying that hypocrisy is a "conservative thang"?

I never said that, did I? Please show me, and I'll clarify.

I'm an atheist. I have no messiah. And I don't yet know who I'll be voting for.

Oh, gawd...thanks for the belly laugh! I needed that!

OK. Did you hear her follow up to the founding father's quote? Earlier this year, she had stated that the Founding Fathers "worked tirelessly to end slavery". Now, while I understand making a mistake (even one this huge) when she came back to set it straight, she 'covered' by saying that John Quincy Adams was actually a founding father. (He was a young teen during the signing of the Declaration.) Yes, Adams worked to end slavery decades later, but he was not a founding father.

JA was the FF, JQA was the son. He was in public service from an early age to the remainder of his natural life.

Yes I did hear that. And I also heard expert discussion on how she had a valid point. As early as age 14 John Quincy Adams was his father's secretary, and a fervent anti-slavery proponent. To try to discredit Bachmann on a minor point like that is really REALLY splitting hairs.:shk: Thats what I hate about libs - their love of character assassination as a tactic.

b) Everybody does hate Obama.

You just said he's a messiah. Make up your mind. Either people hate him or worship him... I guess you say whatever's convenient.

I guess I should've said "Everbody who is anybody".

edit on 1-7-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I thought she handled it a bit too well honestly. Her verbal response to Chris Wallace was really good but I'm also looking for other clues as to what kind of person she is. She didn't raise an eyebrow or even blink. Makes me wonder how much Botox she had pumped into her brow before the interview. Honestly she looked like a deer in the headlights until she started talking.

Too well? Maybe she's just heard it a hundred times before. Seriously, what did you expect? For her to break down in a flood of tears? She's too strong for that.

Botox? Wow. :shk: Really a low blow, dbates. Is it really necessary to attack her physical person?

Finally, "Honestly she looked like a deer in the headlights until she started talking". When she did start talking she showed who was in the road and who was behind the wheel, eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

It makes me question her integrity. Granted, there are few politicians with any integrity left, but I'm not interested in bringing even MORE corruption into Washington.

So you're saying Bachmann's corrupt? Let's have a few links and facts to go along with the slimy insinuations, OK?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Bob Beckel recently said that the Dems won't have to discuss issues because they are just going to resort to character assassination.

Who is Bob Beckel and why should I care what he says?

Am I to understand the GOPs new talking point is that Character doesn't matter? That will go over great with the public. Everytime Bachmann or any other nominee lies and is called on it they can scream "Stop attacking her character!!"

Geez. "Character doesn't matter" the new GOP slogan.

When you are man enough to discuss the issues, the things that really matter, then come around. Otherwise as long as all you want to talk about is crap that doesn't matter

Crap that doesn't matter? Did you forget you started this OP, thread and topic?

This is getting hilarious.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It makes me question her integrity. Granted, there are few politicians with any integrity left, but I'm not interested in bringing even MORE corruption into Washington.

So you're saying Bachmann's corrupt? Let's have a few links and facts to go along with the slimy insinuations, OK?

I'll give that a shot

Bachmann wrote a letter of recommendation in December 2007 for a presidential pardon of Vennes for federal money laundering, coc aine distribution and illegal firearms sales convictions. Vennes pleaded guilty and no contest to the charges in 1987 and was sentenced to five years in prison, which he served in Sandstone Federal Correctional Facility in Sandstone, MN.
Six months after Bachmann recommended Vennes for a pardon, Vennes and his wife, Kimberly, who are not constituents of Bachmann's, dumped $9,200 into Bachmann's re-election campaign. The Venneses already were among Bachmann's top individual campaign contributors when Bachmann solicited the pardon, having contributed $18,200 to her campaign committees between 2005-2007. Vennes' brother and his wife, Greg and Stephanie Vennes, have contributed an additional $8,400 to Bachmann since 2005. And Vennes' personal attorney, C. Craig Howse, has donated $5,000 to Bachmann's campaign funds since 2007

On Sept. 24, Vennes’ Shorewood home was raided in connection with the multibillion-dollar Tom Petters financial investigation. According to the federal search warrant, Vennes was alleged to have hauled in more than $28 million in commissions for his role in luring five investors to pony up $1.2 billion in Petters’ alleged giant Ponzi scheme.

minnesotaindependent.com... ate

How we do corruption in Minnesota (Michele Bachmann)
scienceblogs.com...

Bachmann's had her share of government aid

The Minnesota Republican and her family have benefited personally from government aid, an examination of her record and finances shows.

A family farm in Wisconsin, in which the congresswoman is a partner, received nearly $260,000 in federal farm subsidies. Bachmann said in December that the subsidies went to her in-laws and she never received "one penny" from the farm, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

However, in financial disclosure forms, she reported receiving between $32,503 and $105,000 in income from the farm, at minimum, between 2006 and 2009.

www.latimes.com...

Bachmann Husband's Clinic Accepts: $137K from Medicaid Annually
www.myfoxtwincities.com...$137K-Gov't-Funds-Annually-jun-29-2011

I can keep googling, but it is nothing you can't do yourself.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Bob Beckel recently said that the Dems won't have to discuss issues because they are just going to resort to character assassination.

Who is Bob Beckel and why should I care what he says?

I'll answer that with one of your own responses:

Am I to understand the GOPs new talking point is that Character doesn't matter? That will go over great with the public. Everytime Bachmann or any other nominee lies and is called on it they can scream "Stop attacking her character!!"

Geez. "Character doesn't matter" the new GOP slogan.

Character does matter. Nit-picking over a mis-speak is a waste of time.

When you are man enough to discuss the issues, the things that really matter, then come around. Otherwise as long as all you want to talk about is crap that doesn't matter

[quote[Crap that doesn't matter? Did you forget you started this OP, thread and topic?

This is getting hilarious.

I notice you've been pretty active in this thread. What does that say about you?

edit on Fri Jul 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed duplicate part of post

link   
duplicate post removed
edit on Fri Jul 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
duplicate post removed

link   
duplicate post removed

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I'll give that a shot

Bachmann wrote a letter of recommendation in December 2007 for a presidential pardon of Vennes for federal money laundering, coc aine distribution and illegal firearms sales convictions. Vennes pleaded guilty and no contest to the charges in 1987 and was sentenced to five years in prison, which he served in Sandstone Federal Correctional Facility in Sandstone, MN.
Six months after Bachmann recommended Vennes for a pardon, Vennes and his wife, Kimberly, who are not constituents of Bachmann's, dumped $9,200 into Bachmann's re-election campaign. The Venneses already were among Bachmann's top individual campaign contributors when Bachmann solicited the pardon, having contributed $18,200 to her campaign committees between 2005-2007. Vennes' brother and his wife, Greg and Stephanie Vennes, have contributed an additional $8,400 to Bachmann since 2005. And Vennes' personal attorney, C. Craig Howse, has donated $5,000 to Bachmann's campaign funds since 2007

On Sept. 24, Vennes’ Shorewood home was raided in connection with the multibillion-dollar Tom Petters financial investigation. According to the federal search warrant, Vennes was alleged to have hauled in more than $28 million in commissions for his role in luring five investors to pony up $1.2 billion in Petters’ alleged giant Ponzi scheme.

minnesotaindependent.com... ate

How we do corruption in Minnesota (Michele Bachmann)
scienceblogs.com...

Bachmann's had her share of government aid

The Minnesota Republican and her family have benefited personally from government aid, an examination of her record and finances shows.

A family farm in Wisconsin, in which the congresswoman is a partner, received nearly $260,000 in federal farm subsidies. Bachmann said in December that the subsidies went to her in-laws and she never received "one penny" from the farm, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

However, in financial disclosure forms, she reported receiving between $32,503 and $105,000 in income from the farm, at minimum, between 2006 and 2009.

www.latimes.com...

Bachmann Husband's Clinic Accepts: $137K from Medicaid Annually
www.myfoxtwincities.com...$137K-Gov't-Funds-Annually-jun-29-2011

Means nothing. What have you proved? Nothing. So Bachmann has a fan club that likes to donate a (very) few bux to her. So what?

Her hubbie is a doctor that accepts Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements. The man is a good man. Many dr's won't even accept those patients anymore.

All you have is innuendo and low whispers of rumor.... insinuate insinuate. I like that word....it sounds like it's definition. I like the second one the most:

1. to suggest or hint slyly: He insinuated that they were lying.
2. to instill or infuse subtly or artfully, as into the mind: to insinuate doubts through propaganda.
3. to bring or introduce into a position or relation by indirect or artful methods: to insinuate oneself into favor.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

FYI - You posted your response 8 times, double post in post, posted four times.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Her hubbie is a doctor that accepts Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements. The man is a good man. Many dr's won't even accept those patients anymore.

Bachmann herself has said otherwise.

"the money that went to the clinic was actually training money for employees. "

I'd like to hear from thiose employees how that 137k was spent on thier training.

It is Taxpayer money after-all.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Jeezus. I'm sorry. Thanks for the heads up.

Frigging keyboard!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Bachmann herself has said otherwise.

"the money that went to the clinic was actually training money for employees. "

I'd like to hear from thiose employees how that 137k was spent on thier training.

It is Taxpayer money after-all.

Better yet. They didn't enrich themselves with the money, which was my point. And it is your right to seek out info on the funds, if you want to.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
They didn't?
The last time the government gave me several hundred thousand dollaras to spend on my "training" it meant I was able to keep my own hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on my private jet. This is a really basic concept. When tax dollars pay for your training programs, you do not have to pay for them. You know how numbers work?
edit on Fri Jul 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote of previous post removed Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Youmakemewonder

The previously unreported payments are on top of the $24,000 in federal and state funds that Bachmann & Associates, the clinic founded by Marcus Bachmann, a clinical therapist, received in recent years under a state grant to train its employees, state records show. The figures were provided to NBC News in response to a Freedom of Information request.

Funds

Now what's so sinister about that? :shk:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b013ce132473.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Now what's so sinister about that? :shk:

The blatant hypocrisy.
No wonder you missed it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Wow yeah she's pretty dumb. I stand corrected. Millions are sick of hearing the Tea Partiers cry about their freedoms all the time, but science is taking away her freedoms too?

That's too much. That and she married a guy who can fix gay people by putting them in "Time-Out"

edit on 1-7-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Youmakemewonder

Now what's so sinister about that?

The blatant hypocrisy.
No wonder you missed it.

There's no hypocrisy there...it's only in your mind. You're just grasping at straws, as I illustrated above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join