It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Wallace asks Michelle Bachmann: Are You a Flake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Chris Wallace on Sunday stooped to the level of Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric, as well as the entire staff of MSNBC, when he asked an embarrassing question of Michelle Bachmann on a Fox News show. Bachmann totally blows him away with her very detailed response, and better yet,...after the show, Wallace realized his blunder and went on webcam to offer an apology. Bachmann craftily avoided accepting his apology, leaving Wallace twisting in the wind, and public anger at Wallace reached the boiling point.

Only after Wallace called her personally and apologized, did she nonchalantly accept the apology as if he were a mere gnat spoiling a picnic.

Way to go, Michelle.

edit on 28-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I heard the audio for this yesterday morning and had to laugh. Chris Wallace was a bit over the top with the comment, but I will admit that I've thought the same thing about Michelle Bachmann. She's a bit flaky. The only reason she's polling so high right now in the Iowa caucus polls is that she's from Iowa. Once she moves on to another state it's going to go down hill fast for her.

I still feel like the current group of GOP contenders makes us say "Which one sucks the least?"

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Is it just me, or did that appear to be completely scripted?

Don't get me wrong...I'm not condoning Chris Wallace's statement if it in-fact wasn't meant to help prop up Michelle. It just felt like a completely scripted interaction.
edit on 6/28/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The 10 Craziest things that Michelle Bachmann has ever said:
www.buzzfeed.com...

Wallace had a right to ask the question.

Isn't this about the time that the far right pipes in and shouts about how Chris Wallace is having his 1st amendment rights violated? That the Free Media is being opressed with these attacks on him? Or is that BS only applicable to when the left takes offense?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Apparently C. Wallace telephone M.B. and said Sorry. She Accepted.

Of course. She won the "Day".

Handled it with Class and Style.

She isn't a dummy. She is an atty (Tax Law) and business woman.

The comment was totally uncalled for.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I heard the audio for this yesterday morning and had to laugh. Chris Wallace was a bit over the top with the comment, but I will admit that I've thought the same thing about Michelle Bachmann. She's a bit flaky. The only reason she's polling so high right now in the Iowa caucus polls is that she's from Iowa. Once she moves on to another state it's going to go down hill fast for her.

Well, no. She's appearing in NH today, and the crowds are building up with excitement to hear her speak.

I still feel like the current group of GOP contenders makes us say "Which one sucks the least?"

Not fair! Why do you ask the too tuff questions???

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Take it from someone that leans left, that is not just a GOP sentiment. It goes for both parties. This country needs less BS in political discourse and more choices in leaders.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Apparently C. Wallace telephone M.B. and said Sorry. She Accepted.

After what I suspect was a terse call from Ruport Murdoch.

The comment was totally uncalled for.

Why? He put it in the context of how she is percieved by some.

It was pitched as an opportunity for her to respond to her detractors in a safe format (Fox).

And if she can't handle that question sitting in a Fox studio then she should get the hell out of the race now.

It's not as if people are shouting she is an unamerican terrorist for bumping fists with her husband.

Geez...softball questions on Fox gets the right riled up???? It is going to be a hell of an election season.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't see what's so insulting about it. I eat flakes for breakfast, they're tasty. Part of a complete breakfast. Michelle Bachmann is no flake...she makes flakes look bad.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Most sane people would not ask If Ms. Bachmann was a flake -- it is embarrassing to ask a question when the answer is plainly obvious.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
She placed a vote for the patriot act thus i shall NEVER place my vote for her. I care not about anything she says or what is said about her or to her in any interview that has taken place or shall take place. She sold out and she forever lost my vote and respect.
edit on 28-6-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

www.buzzfeed.com...

Actually, there is a lot of truth in most of her statements, if you would take off your partisan blinders and read them objectively...

Isn't this about the time that the far right pipes in and shouts about how Chris Wallace is having his 1st amendment rights violated? That the Free Media is being opressed with these attacks on him? Or is that BS only applicable to when the left takes offense?

Wallace had no right unless he asks the same question of all candidates that he interviews. It is the type of question we have come to expect from the left, since they have no professional standards, but conservatives expect more professionalism from their journalists.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Why? He put it in the context of how she is percieved by some.

It was pitched as an opportunity for her to respond to her detractors in a safe format (Fox).

Bullcrap. Listening to a radio show this AM, there were at least 6 alternate ways offered of asking the question, none of them embarrassing. Wallace is (supposedly) a pro; he doesn't need to stoop to liberal tactics. Wallace may have been looking for a ratings boost but it backfired in his face.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Reports said that was very offended and taken aback by it, and shaken up. I would be too. I think the question is uncalled for and quite sexist.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Bachmann should've punched Wallace in the throat.

Boo-yah! Flake THAT! Talk-show-boy!

Sorry, just free-associating here.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
It is the type of question we have come to expect from the left, since they have no professional standards, but conservatives expect more professionalism from their journalists.

My God man...Fox News? Really?

I Kid you not, I just went to the "Fox News" Website and here are the LEAD STORIES

Herman Cain: Jon Stewart's Not Racist, But...

Fake Babies: Harmless Fad, or Serious Delusion?

Or how about this question...

"Does it disturb you that so many people hate you?" Fox's O’Reilly asked Obama

The president chuckled a bit, and responded:

You know, the truth is that the people—and I’m sure previous presidents would say the same thing, whether it was Bush or Clinton or Reagan or anybody—the people who dislike you don’t know you.

That wasn’t enough of a reaction for O’Reilly, who pressed ahead. "But they hate you," the Fox News Channel host said. Again, Obama was characteristically unruffled, responding:

www.usnews.com...

It is the type of question we have come to expect from the left, since they have no professional standards, but conservatives expect more professionalism from their journalists.

REALITY DISCONNECT

edit on 28-6-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was watching this with my father in law, and we both picked up on the strangeness of the entire interview.

We spent a few minutes debating on whether it was a hit piece gone wrong, or a staged event gone right.

We came to the conclusion that Ron Paul is better, and it didn't really matter.

Then we changed the channel.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well, then please tell me who this nobel prize winning scientist is who supports intelligent design?

But with this:

Wallace had no right unless he asks the same question of all candidates that he interviews.

and this:
"Does it disturb you that so many people hate you?" Fox's O’Reilly asked Obama

The logical conclusion is that from here on out O'Reilly must ask this question to every president he gets an interview with? "Many" doesn't really give you a hint where the approval ratings must be to trigger that question, does it?

edit on 28-6-2011 by debunky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

www.buzzfeed.com...

Actually, there is a lot of truth in most of her statements, if you would take off your partisan blinders and read them objectively...

Wallace had no right unless he asks the same question of all candidates that he interviews. It is the type of question we have come to expect from the left, since they have no professional standards, but conservatives expect more professionalism from their journalists.

Man do you have low standards -- most of what she says is half truths or lies. I lie is too strong of a word for you then you would have to admit that she is just a dumbass, and if not that then perhaps she is just visiting this planet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join