It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Wallace asks Michelle Bachmann: Are You a Flake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

How can you even say that Bachmann is not a flake.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
so he did. it looks like your right. he said flake... :p

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
That's a stretch, even coming from you. You wouldn't understand; it's a conservative thang.

Is that the best you can do to answer my question? Lame.

You may be surprised how many conservative positions I understand and even support. And what, exactly, are you suggesting is a "conservative thang", anyway? Your support of fairness doctrine practices for liberals but not conservatives? The fact that you think MSNBC news commentators should be forced to ask the same questions to ALL candidates, left and right, but FOX shouldn't have to? Is THAT the "conservative thang"? THAT is hypocrisy. Are you saying that hypocrisy is a "conservative thang"?

Because while I agree with you to an extent, liberals are not exempt from hypocrisy.

And your messiah is a bumbling fool, but he'll still get your vote next year, eh?

I'm an atheist. I have no messiah. And I don't yet know who I'll be voting for.

Simple. Because

a) Bachmann is not a flake, and

OK. Did you hear her follow up to the founding father's quote? Earlier this year, she had stated that the Founding Fathers "worked tirelessly to end slavery".
Now, while I understand making a mistake (even one this huge) when she came back to set it straight, she 'covered' by saying that John Quincy Adams was actually a founding father. (He was a young teen during the signing of the Declaration.) Yes, Adams worked to end slavery decades later, but he was not a founding father.

b) Everybody does hate Obama.

You just said he's a messiah. Make up your mind. Either people hate him or worship him... I guess you say whatever's convenient.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Bachmann IS a flake. But I thought she handled it excellently!

I thought she handled it a bit too well honestly. Her verbal response to Chris Wallace was really good but I'm also looking for other clues as to what kind of person she is. She didn't raise an eyebrow or even blink. Makes me wonder how much Botox she had pumped into her brow before the interview. Honestly she looked like a deer in the headlights until she started talking.

Oh, and in case you didn't see me nod in approval earlier in the thread. Yes, she's a bit of a flake. She makes a good representative in Congress but I don't want her as President.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Hi. Good to see you again.

I really don't have a problem with flakes. I'm a bit of a flake at times. Just ask my husband.
And I've gotta say, like Sarah, I kind of like Michele Bachmann. She's attractive, if a bit plasticized, her public persona really seems to be who she is for the most part, and she fostered about 600 children, which I think is a GREAT thing to do. She helped a lot of kids, so I gotta giver her some props. But, like Sarah, I don't want her anywhere NEAR the presidency of this country.

One thing that really bothers me about Michelle is that she fights against social programs (like Medicaid), while benefiting greatly from them through the years.

Bachmann's Clinic Takes in $137,000 in Medicaid Funds

While Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-MN) has denounced Medicaid for "swelling the welfare rolls," NBC News reports the mental health clinic run by her husband "has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005."

The previously unreported payments are on top of the $24,000 in federal and state funds that the clinic received in recent years to train its employees.
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Times reports Bachmann has also "benefited personally from federal funds and federal farm subsidies."

It makes me question her integrity. Granted, there are few politicians with any integrity left, but I'm not interested in bringing even MORE corruption into Washington.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wallace better be careful, as this repscellion just might have the last laugh

In all serious here, what has happened to our news media outlets having fair, unbiased, questions, with some damn "kooth."

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As odd as it might seem that's one specific thing I don't want to judge her on. If Bachmann's husband is accepting Medicare/Medicaid payments for seeing patients he's actually doing a noble thing. Doctors take a real hit in the pocket book when they agree to see these patients. $137,000 since 2005 is just a little over $20,000 a year. Hardly enough to get by on and if she's wanting to tighten restrictions on who gets coverage we can't fault her as if she's being greedy.

But like you said, I'm sure she's a really great lady but not as President. I personally feel the same about Sara Palin. I tried to see her at a book signing here in Dallas but couldn't get a ticket to get in. Love the lady but don't want her as President either.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

It's not the acceptance of funds that bothers me. It's the hypocrisy in accepting them for years and using them for their benefit, while fighting against them for other people (who may really need them) that has my shorts in a bunch.

The GOP Polls have her close to the top with Romney, but it's so early. In 2007, Romney was at the top with McCain far below him. I don't think this poll has ever been indicative of the eventual candidate, so I don't think we have much to worry about.

Comparing Iowa Polls: 2007 and Now

My biggest problem with the GOP right now is that Ron Paul can't get his foot in the door. Of course, that's understandable. He's a true Conservative and the GOP doesn't want anything to do with that. They like their Corporatocracy.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Not to change the subject but...

Ron Paul can't win because he's more libertarian than anything.
Because Ron Paul is nuts

I think he could carry the republican part but would be too far to the right for most independents to vote for him. Unlike Bachmann his kind of "crazy" I almost like because he so sold on what he believes. And I do like his strict constitutional approach. I just think everyone is afraid he'll be too polarizing.

But Bachmann doesn't have his sold out attitude so her flakiness isn't as tolerable.
edit on 29-6-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by spyder550

And here's your "messiah" without his teleprompter teat:

Here's your "messiah", The one that allegedly went to Hahvad but refuses to show us his Affirmative Action grades:

But I'll bet you fall asleep dreaming of Nancy "Can't close my mouf cuz of all the botox" Pelosi.

And your messiah is a bumbling fool, but he'll still get your vote next year, eh?

Wasn't your OP about Wallace and Bachmann? Yet all your recent posts are about President Obama? Or Pelosi?

I am relatively new here, but isn't that Derailing? Baiting? Off-Topic? Seeing as you have been here a while I suspect that is intentional rather than accidental.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Michele Bachman IS a FLAKE

In this video she claims the theory of evolution is in question (it isn't).

And among the other bat-nuts insane things she says this video also references her claim that homosexuals were all abused as children.

She's not qualifed to run a McDonalds, let alone the country.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What a horrible jump around the question..

Is there a reason why she recited her resume?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I am relatively new here, but isn't that Derailing? Baiting? Off-Topic? Seeing as you have been here a while I suspect that is intentional rather than accidental.

No it is not. It is a method of showing you how invalid your argument is. How can you refer to Bachmann as a flake when your own choice for POTUS is so much more of a flake? It's a way of saying, "Go look in the mirror" or "He who is without sin, cast the first stone".

Your president is a flake and you chose him, and the condition of the US is testimony to his incompetence.

That's why Obama is brought up in a Bachmann thread. Because your credibility is shot when your own choice is so much worse.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

edit on 30-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Ron Paul can't win because he's more libertarian than anything.
Because Ron Paul is nuts

I think he could carry the republican part but would be too far to the right for most independents to vote for him.

I have to disagree? or add to? your point...

I'm an Indy and RP is way too far to the LEFT for me. His positions on drugs and illegal immigration are way too liberal for me. They are in no way conservative positions.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

How can you refer to Bachmann as a flake when your own choice for POTUS is so much more of a flake?

False binary falacy...either/or. Whether or not Pres. Obama (or as you assume - "my choice") is a flake or not has no relation to whether or not Michelle bachmann is a flake.

It is possible that they both are flakes, or niether, or just one of them...

but it is not in any way logical or rational to say they must both be flakes or neither.

Your defense of Bachmann by simply harping on Obama is derailment. An attemopt to bait people into debating the POTUS rather than your own OP subject...BACHMANN...as you apparently have forgotten.

And that apparent fear or unwillingness to directly defend Bachmann's flakiness speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

False binary falacy...either/or. Whether or not Pres. Obama (or as you assume - "my choice") is a flake or not has no relation to whether or not Michelle bachmann is a flake.

It is possible that they both are flakes, or niether, or just one of them...

but it is not in any way logical or rational to say they must both be flakes or neither.

Your defense of Bachmann by simply harping on Obama is derailment. An attemopt to bait people into debating the POTUS rather than your own OP subject...BACHMANN...as you apparently have forgotten.

And that apparent fear or unwillingness to directly defend Bachmann's flakiness speaks volumes.

Bob Beckel recently said that the Dems won't have to discuss issues because they are just going to resort to character assassination. That's true, and that's the game you want to play. When you are man enough to discuss the issues, the things that really matter, then come around. Otherwise as long as all you want to talk about is crap that doesn't matter, I'm gonna keep throwing it right back in your face. Grow up.

ObamaTrick #2: CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

About once a year, I learn something interesting from the Bush retreads on Fox News.

This year, it was from Democratic strategist Bob Beckel, who, within the last few weeks, predicted that the bad economy would not deny Obama a second term because the Democrats would simply engage in a campaign of character assassination against the Republican nominee.

This is how Democrats maintained the Senate, after their efforts to campaign on ObamaCare failed miserably.

Dems

We're wise to the libs tired old tricks.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

mishigas, it's called "changing the narritive".
or
Progressive Tactics 101

Bachmann can't be compared to Obama because it makes Obama look bad. When you bring in integrity, then they really begin to hyperventalate.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As odd as it might seem that's one specific thing I don't want to judge her on. If Bachmann's husband is accepting Medicare/Medicaid payments for seeing patients he's actually doing a noble thing. Doctors take a real hit in the pocket book when they agree to see these patients. $137,000 since 2005 is just a little over $20,000 a year. Hardly enough to get by on and if she's wanting to tighten restrictions on who gets coverage we can't fault her as if she's being greedy.

Actually it is nothing nearly quite as noble. The Medicare money being spoke of was given to her husband in the form of a training grant. Not part of patient care.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

How can you even say that Bachmann is not a flake.

Very easily. First off, what does it matter? Why the obsession with libs and character assassination? And when you call her a flake, I compare that with someone who you admire, like Obama. Clearly she wins hands down over him. Both her professional and personal achievements far outweigh his.

But you hastily avoid that discussion. Let's not talk issues or achievements, eh? Better stick with the easy stuff - character assassination, right? That's the liberal/leftist/Dem strategy these days, sine they cannot talk about Obama's many failures. Here's backup to what I say:

ObamaTrick #2: CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

About once a year, I learn something interesting from the Bush retreads on Fox News.

This year, it was from Democratic strategist Bob Beckel, who, within the last few weeks, predicted that the bad economy would not deny Obama a second term because the Democrats would simply engage in a campaign of character assassination against the Republican nominee.

This is how Democrats maintained the Senate, after their efforts to campaign on ObamaCare failed miserably.

Beckel

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join