It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What muslims really think about Terrorism, Democracy and the West

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Last I checked Athens was the cradle of democracy not the middle-east.
But you claim Muslims want democracy. I claim they're hypocrites...Because they would never allow it.
Is that simple statement really that hard for you to follow?

Where did I state "muslims want democracy"?
Why do you insist on making stuff up??
How in the hell can 1.6 billion people want the SAME thing anyway? I can't speak for ALL muslims, but I can definitely speak for myself, being a muslim.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

What the hell is this? I gave you the link to the actual stats in the original posting, and you quoted back to me every word in my post EXCEPT for the link to those actual stats!!

There was no ill-intent there. I almost never quote full texts. Anyway...I´d be willing to believe that stat if it comes from a scientifcally polled source. Anything that dailymail picks up makes me "go blank".

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Really? So I can walk into a church in the south and say "HEY DO YOU OPPOSE HOMOSEXUALITY???" and then post a study online saying:

92% of Americans oppose homosexuality!

....is that then representative of 300 million Americans??

Scientific polls are taken with representatives of various groups of a country to best reflect the total. The people doing these polls are not that stupid.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Skyfloating

Those stats are a real worry for Australia with Indonesia right on our doorstep. For those scum who support terrorist groups well "start it" and you will pay. Otherwise leave us alone and don't despise us because we don't believe in the fake God Allah! For the moderates in Indonesia I have nothing but extreme sympathy for the plight and stigma these terrorist supporters have placed on their country! At least the government as whole appears civilised in their views. That is probably what is holding the thing together. I was recently pleased to hear the terrorist Bashir is now in jail! gee I wish he was executed for his role in the Bali bombing! He sure as hell deserved it!

I once heard a quote "Not all Muslims are terrorists but all the terrorists are Muslims" I would say I have to disagree 100%! Northern Irish Nationalists are right up there with the Muslim extremists as being terrorists! No doubt about it! I hope all their supporters rot!

edit on 28-6-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Not that i'm Muslim mate but please don't say "We" you don't speak for me, I know many Aussies who love the Balinese people, What "God" do you believe in???

Personally im on the side of the USA is the terrorists considering those assholes can bomb children, appologise and get away with it, yet if a muslim does it then its evil ... kill them ...blah blah bull# ... go kill Bashir yourself but im guessing ...... lol

edit on 28/6/2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Next - When a fatwah is given, it is given by a man who is considered well versed, however, his fatwah, is not something that HAS to be obeyed. That's just another dumb misconception. Just because one sheikh from some farrrrr off country says something doesn't mean anything. Fatwahs don't come from Qur'an, so yes, we do obey the Qur'an.

I can give a fatwah tomorrow, not a SINGLE person has to listen.

People like you are precious because moderate voices (muslim and non-muslim) tend to get drowned out in all the circus noise.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Muslim youth has been infiltrated by intelligence operations that introduced Internet, Facebook, MTV, Hollywood movies, music and a barrage of other stuff into the minds of muslims, thus westernizing them. Whether this is good or not I dont know. But it decreases the chances of WWIII with every day the older generation passes away.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
OP...Thank you for the post and the statistics. What you have presented is basically what I believed, and expected to see. I would also believe that the US stats for Muslims would be about the same. That is because, as others have stated...these were taken on the "streets".

My unqualified impression is that, unless controlled by a terrorist group...the people on the "streets" are the moderates. The extremists are hidden in mosques and "out of the way", secluded areas. For example...you probably don't find someone building an IED on the street.

My concern is that these "hidden" groups of people account for a much larger percentage than those (KKK, etc.) in the US. Just as a guess, I would think there is at least one such "group" per large, foreign (to the US), neighborhood. Much like gangs in US cities.

While I don't know the number of these "groups" or gangs, I would suggest making these stats about 20% more negative if you want to include all the people of these regions. It is much easier to say "I'm OK with them" than it is to say "I want them dead", regardless who you are, when you are walking the street...or stepping out from your hiding place.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You're not a muslim, so obviously have NOT been around anywhere near as many muslims as I have, yet you feel you have the authority to tell people what "the truth is" about muslims????

Everybody wants to teach, nobody wants to learn. Arrogance is the damned disease that's killing this country.
edit on 28-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

this one is absolutely true.

people are people.

statistics are just statistics.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I don't really see this as very surprising. primitives are primitive and moderns are modern, really. That's what this shows.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo

Not that i'm Muslim mate but please don't say "We" you don't speak for me, I know many Aussies who love the Balinese people, What "God" do you believe in???

Personally im on the side of the USA is the terrorists considering those assholes can bomb children, appologise and get away with it, yet if a muslim does it then its evil ... kill them ...blah blah bull# ... go kill Bashir yourself but im guessing ...... lol

edit on 28/6/2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

thank you "mate".

some of those Australians made me thinking you've been "Americanized" in your views towards "Muslim".

I am glad there are free thinkers out there.

Long live Australia.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

You see, that's where you lost me. I can understand that if you interview 99 out of 100 people, you will get a 99% "accuracy" rate......... That's 1% possible error.......that's not accurate......that's an estimate.

But these estimates can give us valuable data on how to act and handle world politics. For example, it tells me that Turkey could be my ally when negotiating with the Hamas, for example (among a few Million other uses).

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the statistics, these are a million miles better than some of the loose statements on this site about fundamentalists e.g. "Most Moslems are fundamentalist" etc. - you have real numbers to play with.

As ever with any statistics, we have to be careful how to interpret them. For example, if a Moslem from Egypt thought of themselves as militant in the uprising. would they class themselves as a fundamentalist? - they wanted and fought for change in their country so may indeed think themselves radical?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
As ever with any statistics, we have to be careful how to interpret them. For example, if a Moslem from Egypt thought of themselves as militant in the uprising. would they class themselves as a fundamentalist? - they wanted and fought for change in their country so may indeed think themselves radical?

Of course there is ever deeper discernment to get into...anti-west fundamentalists, religious fundamentalists, anti-own-Government fundamentalists, violent fundamentalists. Unfortuantely most people dont seem to have even arrived at Discernment of first base: That there are different kinds of "muslim". Once we've learned that discernment its time to look deeper.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

estimated / accurate, that is just semantics..

The accuracy can be computed from total size and sample size, and with a sample size of thousand+, it is going to be accurate to a few %. Look it up in the pdf report where details of this poll such as accuracy should be mentioned.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
interesting information, thanks Sky...

Let me just say though the numbers still make me nervous. Amongst the polled there is still a considerable percentage who think suicide bombings are acceptable in one regard or another. That to me is unfathomable.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Look at support for stoning adulterers and killing apostates. It is often at around 80 %

edit on 28/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Look at support for stoning adulterers and killing apostates. It is often at around 80 %

edit on 28/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

"Often" or in only one country?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"There are three types of lies in this world: lies, damned lies, and stastistics."

-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantisfortress
"There are three types of lies in this world: lies, damned lies, and stastistics."

-Benjamin Franklin

People keep saying that (also in this thread), but it doesnt mean anything. The polls are what they are and seem to be similar no matter who takes them.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Egypt, Jordan and Pakistan, that is 3 countries where it is high, up to around 80 %.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join