It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists, be honest. We know it, you know it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

False! Another myth propagated by the religious.

I have been in terrible situations since I abandoned christianity and it never crossed my mind to turn to god. Many people come out of horrible situations only to lose their faith.

I view god as completely fictional so calling out to god in stressful situations would be like calling out to superman.

Look at Christopher Hitchens, I am fairly certain that he has not called on god.

Theists also like to lie about prominent atheist on their deathbeds. Darwin being the most well known example.

"No atheists in foxholes" is a disgusting cliche. The religious just cannot imagine that people are completely free of god in their life.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
I will not be part of any religion, is has more blood on its hands than anything in mans creation. I believe in God and as for religion, they can shove it up their ass.

Religion is a tool and that is all. I love God and I have haven't done anything wrong in my life. Oh wait, I have .. .sorry I don't read a book and follow the church. I'm sorry.

i can assure you that 99 percent of all religions are false but God does have a people for his name and we will know them by their fruitage( or actions) any bad tree produces bad fruit and a good tree good fruit.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
everyone is an absolute genius when it comes to denying god, until there is a crisis. then the amnesia goes away.

Wishful thinking of a believer.

Snore - - this sentiment is old - tiring - and annoying.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

I have been in terrible situations since I abandoned christianity and it never crossed my mind to turn to god. Many people come out of horrible situations only to lose their faith.

I view god as completely fictional so calling out to god in stressful situations would be like calling out to superman.

Look at Christopher Hitchens, I am fairly certain that he has not called on god.

Theists also like to lie about prominent atheist on their deathbeds. Darwin being the most well known example.

"No atheists in foxholes" is a disgusting cliche. The religious just cannot imagine that people are completely free of god in their life.

100% sure that if you were on a plane crashing to the earth the very last words from your mouth would be OHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

everyone is an absolute genius when it comes to denying god, until there is a crisis. then the amnesia goes away.

but yet still iresistably true......period.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by truthlite

Well to be honest I can't say exactly what evidence would convince me but it would have to be tangible. Feelings and scripture written by man will not do it. The christian bible makes demonstrably false claims so we can know that god is not the god described in the bible. As a result I can conclude that christianity's cousin, islam, does not describe a real god. The quran is demonstrably false as well though. There may be some way to detect the workings of god scientifically. Maybe some day we could detect his/her/its interference in the natural world. It is a good question though. I am completely open to the existence of god but as of right now it is an indefensible claim.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No the very last words from my mouth would probably be something I cannot post on this site.

One thing is for certain though, I will not look back on my life wishing I had spent more time in church believing in a lie.
edit on 28-6-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I'll admit though I used a rather clever technique and grabbing attention from them, it makes them come out of hiding when seeing a post so "ignorant" as mine.

You see, an Atheist who doesn't fit my description will feel obligated to post and state WHY they don't fall into that generalization

So you admit you were trolling atheists? LOLZ

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

The real reason you will not believe in Christianity is because it would interfere too much in your daily life. You'll feel like you're being forced to stop drinking and smoking and all the things deemed "wrong" by the Bible that you'll soon start to think that it's nothing more but "control".

The real reason why atheists don't believe in god is because there's no proof

There's plenty of scientific evidence to pay attention to that suggests not to smoke, or drink excessively. Have you heard of this "animal" called evidence - it's wonderful!

edit on 28-6-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster

I'll admit though I used a rather clever technique and grabbing attention from them, it makes them come out of hiding when seeing a post so "ignorant" as mine.

You see, an Atheist who doesn't fit my description will feel obligated to post and state WHY they don't fall into that generalization

Well, what else could he be doing?!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Obvious troll is always obvious. But its not very often that they pretty blatantly say "ya I was trolling".

I'd comment further but it'd just be feeding the troll. My fellow atheists have already contributed what I would have said anyways.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster

That is really funny, isn't it? He/she also thinks it was clever. Wonder if Lionhearted often strokes his/her own ego.
I have never met an atheist that fell into that generalization and I will always refute utter lies and misconceptions about atheism. I think he/she is trying to understand how people could possibly not hold beliefs such as his/her own. So it must be that we all just want to do whatever we want and we have no moral code.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh, who cares?

Team Lucifer!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natasliah
Oh, who cares?

Team Lucifer!

Lmao Team 'Light bringer' YAY, sounds good...eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Can you demonstrate how it is true please?

Actual atheists in foxholes

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Why? cause religion came about to control the masses and put a select few in power. I think it was estimated that the catholic church has a trillion dollars laying around in its coffers.. yea tell me the 10% tithe is to help people in poverty.

The bible now a days was written and edited by man with books removed because they contain to much information.

You used to be able to buy your way in to heaven..

You have to look at the big picture.. The leader of your church may be the nicest person in the world but that doesn't they are not unkowningly tricking the masses that they preach.

How about the dozen of different religions and sects all saying they are the only one that is right.. Why? because they don't get your money if your praying or meditating or doing however you want to practice your faith somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nope Lol, I don't believe in Christianity or Religion because I think it's all bull#. Doesn't have anything to do with interfering with my life.

You are wrong, goodbye.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthlite

Originally posted by Annee

but yet still iresistably true......period.

No! Not at all.

As an Atheist I gave all I had - I lived my life in this time - passing on my accomplishments to a future generations. I did my part. End of story.

Believers actually live their life for death. They live their life for the reward at the end. And don't bother telling me that is not true. I was raised Christian.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthlite

Originally posted by megabytz

100% sure that if you were on a plane crashing to the earth the very last words from your mouth would be OHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh this undeniable evidence that everyone believes in your god.. or maybe just a popular expression

I prefer HHOOOLLLLLYYYYY SSSSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Atheists need to realize that their non-belief in God is the same as believing that there is no God. Atheism is nothing more than another religion.

figured that my posts would have spoken for themselves, dont believe theres any most high creator. maybe a a most high (puff puff kind of high...) the fact that i do not believe means that there is no religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join