It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Case Dismissed Against Woman Arrested While Videotaping Police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Two words.

Law suit.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's never been so 'US OR THEM' .....it's about time to pull in their leashes, they work for us, we are not their chattel.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I am pretty sure, we will see her again. I think she should of been charged or at least have a fine.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Unless this is just to troll,

PLEASE enlighten us as to why?

Oh wtf. Go ahead and tell us even if it is to troll.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Okay well i guess your right but i personally do not see how she was "obstructing" anything because she was on her lawn not saying anything or showing actions to slow down the cops doing their job.. the only reason he was able to claim obstruction was because he had taken the time to say "go in your house". Which i find this very rude of the cop to sit there and bark orders to the property owner.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
All of you that think this woman did anything worthy of being verbally abused and ordered around (all before being taken into custody), then you are just sticking up for cops just to stick up for cops. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

They(courts) dont just "Drop" cases unless they(the po pos) REALLY screwed up, because most of the time, Cops always think they are right, and will defend that till the end.
Although this time, there was no denying the bullying tactics the Police used was WAY out of their powers.
This cop thought he was God.
Courts informed him otherwise, and they get it right for a change.
yay

I say, if you dont want to be filmed, dont become a Public Servant.
Otherwise, say 'cheese'. We are the bosses watching the cameras.
They should need permission to watch us...not the other way around.
And the only people that will give them permission to watch us, is us.
(or the evil empire).
=)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Where are the charges for false arrest and imprisonment; for the officer violating this woman behind a badge? There is something very wrong when Law Enforcement can use and not use the law when and were it serves them and the citizen is suppose to just feel lucky some charge didn't stick. I know that I would be seeing an attorney and suing these officers, just like that cop who posted here earlier said but the fact is COPS get away with murder and only in recent times has their been any hope of accountability; what if this woman had just been watching and had no camera? This still stinks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Criminal charges? What criminal charges? She was merely taking a video of a police officer performing his duty. She never interfered with him in any way? I hope this will send a message to law enforcement, that "we the people" have had enough of their heavy handed tactics!! The tide is turning! I now carry a digital video camera with me every where I go, as well as a high quality Tascam audio recorder. If you can afford to do this, I would do this as well. The more we record their actions, the more careful they will be.Everyone should be carrying a video camera! Let's make it a movement!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

He is talking about the polices criminal charges..
2nd

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I know exactly where this took place, I live near Rochester and close to Ave D every time I go downtown to the clubs and bars.

After the clubs I walked with my buddy to this girls house to crash, I parked my car there but didn't know how to get back. Swear to my life, I asked some random guy politely how to get to the street and he goes "I'm #ing strapped" and pulls out his gun with a cocky attitude. No reason to say that at all on his part. So we just moved along.

Hell, about 3 weeks ago in around that area my brother was coming to pick me up from the bar, when he saw some guy get shot multiple times in front of him 15 feet away. He lived from what I read on the news though so that's good.

Possibly one of Rochester's worse area. I can see where both the cop and the lady is coming from. Officers get shot in this city, and the last thing cops want is random people near them when a gang-member is getting arrested.

That lady was trying to instigate the cop IMO. She did have her right to stand on her lawn but in all honestly I do believe the cop felt unsafe.

www.13wham.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I hope she charges them with molestation and sexual harassment since thats exactly what those childish Thug Pig Cops did to her that night

The Cop had no right to arrest her for video-taping them while standing on her own Lawn; there is no doubt about it.

The cop may feel threatened by someone standing behind him with a video camera; he has a gun though its not like he doesn't have a gun; not to mention 2 other officers were there.

I'm inclined to believe this friqin scum-bag cup Gestapo thug just wanted to feel-up the woman and thats why he arrested her. I say throw him in in-prison; the Freak, for a few years.

Set an example for other Police

edit on 27-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

why do u think that if I may ask?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
That is a pretty disgusting synopsis. You are pretty much saying that even if Cops are doing wrong, we should ignore it or they will get us in the end. So you better let Cops do what they want and listen to everything they say? And if they do always get us in the end how you can posssibly say that most Cops are good people? If most Cops were good people it wouldn't end that way ..it would end with proper justice.

The first time Cops look away from fellow officer's behavior, they stop being good people in my book. 100% or nothing.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Look, if someone tells you to that if you jump out of an airplane without a parachute, are you going to jump out of the plane just for spite? What about a bad neighborhood in South Central? Let's assume it's controlled by Crips. Are you going to wear red, just because you are constitutionally protected to do so? By all means, do both, but when you're dead, you're dead. I'm only saying that people should pick their battles. Yes, this woman picked the correct battle, with the appropriate retaliatory consequences that she was comfortable with. Kids in the county can shoot airsoft guns all day long, but if a cop tells them to drop their weapons, are YOU advising the kids to point them at the cop? That's what it sounds like to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

All humans are equal

Like most cops who are egotistic and feel self-righteous above others.

Cops should not be any more trust-worthy than people when you hear testimony in court.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeNergy

Okay well i guess your right but i personally do not see how she was "obstructing" anything because she was on her lawn not saying anything or showing actions to slow down the cops doing their job.. the only reason he was able to claim obstruction was because he had taken the time to say "go in your house". Which i find this very rude of the cop to sit there and bark orders to the property owner.

Filming is not obstruction, but she said something to the cops before she started filming. Even if all she said was, "You better not violate his rights, I am filming you," that could be construed not only as interfering in police business, but also threatening a police officer.

But let's also pretend for a second, that the man they just pulled over fit the description of a wanted felon who had just shot his wife three blocks away? They may need her front yard as a tactical position on that suspect, and with her in the yard, it seriously complicates their tactical response to the primary subject. Now they have to begin to quantify the situation, rather than apply basic field tactics.

Make a beat cop suddenly have to quantify stuff like a round of speed chess, and stuff is gonna go wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Great that she is off the hook and now on the offensive I am sure ----

BUT no one ever mentions (nor thinks about) WHERE THE MONEY WILL COME FROM TO PAY HER! ------ Hope for a big settlement for her , do you? It is not coming from your money right? You don't even live in that state --- No problem, right? Nothing to take from you ------

WRONG!!! TAX MONEY - be it from property, excise, income tax or many other forms of taxation or the collection of fees for something (bed tax, insurance increase - and that means your own no matter what, a license fee, sales tax, Federal fees, and much more ----(most governmental agencies get federal funds hope you know - and you pay to the feds in many ways each and every day). ----- Think how everyone in your voter zone always tryies to get a Federal Grant -- It is free money - you think --- DUH ---- One way or another, EVERY $ spent, no matter for what, or where COSTS EVERYONE someway, somehow! We should be pissed in many ways!!!! and taking part to fix things in every way, every day!

No one (guess, but me) ever thinks of the big picture, the whole story and how everything and everyone is connected to everything all the time!

How much more waste can you afford?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

"We believe that the incident that led to Ms. Good's arrest and the subsequent ticketing for parking violations of vehicles belonging to members of an organization associated with Ms. Good raise issues with respect to the conduct of Rochester Police Officers

Just curious, do you know what organization they were referring too?

It is also not the policy or practice of the Department to selectively enforce laws in response to the activities of a group or individual. This has always been the case and it is being reinforced within the Department, so that it will be abundantly clear to everyone."

As a result of this, all police departments across the country need to reinforce that arresting citizens for video taping police actions constitute an infringement on the public's constitutional right to video tape in public as long as they are not interfering with police duties.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

It can be considered by cops to be this and that but that is irrelevant. The court will set it straight. Just because you get arrested doesn't mean that you have done nothing wrong

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I hate to be negative but...

I am so glad that they are going to do an inquiry into the police department because of their behavior.

Makes me think that YOU think this means something. Here in my world, one not known for Police violence, there are unwritten rules to cover citizen claims against Police. One that is well known and fully supported by the 'bean counters". Hell, perhaps better supported by them than LEO I suspect.

Bureaucrats thrive on the income they use LEO to generate, they HATE to pay out claims when one of their tax collectors gets caught overstepping his bounds. "Inquiry" means "lets review how we got caught and how we can avoid this in the future".
edit on 6/27/2011 by FrenchOsage because: missed a y

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think what bothered me even more than Miss Good's arrest was the turnout of cops to harass her supporters at their meeting.

This was not just one bad cop but collusion between a lot of cops within that department to harass the community in a attempt to shut them up. As much as I am glad to hear that Miss Good has been cleared I fear for her and the community that stood up to these thugs.

And if I was to put myself into their shoes I think I would be afraid of what these badged thugs would do next in retaliation. I don't think I would feel comfortable at all until I got the hell out of there which may not be possible to do right away if you were a long time or short time home owner or strapped down by a lease if you are a renter.

What these cops have done has been a great disservice to the people that they have been sworn to "protect and serve". What do you do when you fear the people that are supposed to protect you?

They should all lose their badge and never be allowed to "serve" the public again. As they have betrayed the trust that the public has bestowed upon them.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Krycheck because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I LOVE IT!! I hope she takes them for every single dime they have or will have! She's my hero for standing up and doing the right thing! You have the right the photograph a public official in the performance of their duties...never forget that! I work as a photojournalist, and we have a simple rule...as long as your feet are where they are supposed to be (public property) you're good.....the cops cannot tell you to stop photographing them.....and if they do, they'll end up paying just like this city government will...big bucks!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join