It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Case Dismissed Against Woman Arrested While Videotaping Police

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Im gonna say the same thing i said with the other forum showing the arrest, if shoe would just shut her damn mouth this never woulda happened

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Personally, I think it is disgusting that some of you continue to defend this cop who clearly violated an innocent woman's rights. I am done discussing this issue. Some people will never understand the true meaning of liberty and freedom. See you in another thread.
edit on 6/27/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

If you come back to read, please understand that I am not defending the actions of this cop. In fact, I sent him a nasty email personally to his private business. However, the fact remains, and as scary as it is, what he did was legal. And THAT my friend, is the real problem, and the reason why I "hate" all police. It has nothing to do with good cop/bad cop anymore and everything to do with the corrupt system they uphold with deadly force.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

whoa there grasshopper.

We may have won that battle but we have not won the war.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Are you kidding me she was well within her right to video tape the officers..
She was on her own lawn fer cryin out loud. I hate when people agree with the arresting officer on something that was clearly wrong in the first place.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeNergy
reply to post by Manhater

Are you kidding me she was well within her right to video tape the officers..
She was on her own lawn fer cryin out loud. I hate when people agree with the arresting officer on something that was clearly wrong in the first place.

She was arrested for obstruction, not for taping or standing in her lawn.

It's just like the cops who followed up with the stupid parking tickets afterward. Legal. But stupid, highlighting the fact that it is the system itself which is corrupt and which acts against the best interests of the people.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
nevermind.

edit on 27/6/2011 by InnerTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I'm astonished that - for once - sanity has prevailed.

I hope she gets a nice settlement.

S&F 4U OP
edit on 6/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

I would be happy with a VERY VERY PUBLIC apology...and them publicly admitting exactly which rights they violated of hers!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
lol and I was thinking before I read the thread that she was charging THEM. LOL..i'm like damn I hope they get charged. find out she's the one getting charged but luckily it's dropped. still a good lol for today

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I am sure that she will. I do find it interesting that when the police do something wrong, or shoot someone and are put on "administrative leave", that they continue to draw pay.
Start making their leave unpaid, and terminating police officers for their actions, and things will turn around.
In fact, we should already have in every community a citizens review board, consisting of a rotating panel of registered voters.
That in itself would clean alot of this up.
Perhaps, when the ex-officer has been cleaning toilets for a living for a while, he will come to Jesus.
Or, maybe not.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Good to hear, it's a bunch of crap.
I am not sure what the laws are for where you all live, but I know Illinois (US) for example is 1 of about a dozen states where it is ILLEGAL to film the police as well as being ILLEGAL to film another person without their consent.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I am pretty sure, we will see her again. I think she should of been charged or at least have a fine.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

You mean should HAVE been (you edited, why?) however absurd such an opinion is!

What's really needed in the good 'ol USofA, is better EDUCATION. This whole dumbing down process obviously needs to begin to swing in the other direction, so that people, when forming their viewpoints, can be not only better informed, but able to communicate properly.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HandBanana

But, it is ok for police officers to film you and it is ok for TPTB to take pictures of you

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABWarrior58
Im gonna say the same thing i said with the other forum showing the arrest, if shoe would just shut her damn mouth this never woulda happened

See my last post, ditto on this one!

Then again, there's no age requirement for ATS, so it's entirely possible that many members are still in public school..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
reply to post by HandBanana

But, it is ok for police officers to film you and it is ok for TPTB to take pictures of you

No way.. broken camera and broken nose for those that try.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Now she needs to sue.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I am pretty sure, we will see her again. I think she should of been charged or at least have a fine.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Absolutely DISGUSTING comment. Thanx for increasing my blood pressure.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I thought a little cross-threading action might be good here...

Technology and police hypocrisy

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Xcathdra - one thing I haven't seen you touch on in this or the other thread is CoC or PoP. If you have and I've missed it - I'm sorry. I'm sure you know CoC = contempt of cop and PoP = ****ing off Police.

Even back when I worked with officers in one job I would have officers tell me that this one or that one was in for CoC or PoP. It really wasn't a secret that it occurred. The usual charge for that was obstruction, disorderly, resisting or whatever kind of "catch all" charge they could make fit. I remember that one old sgt would tell them that PoP wasn't a crime as he knew most of the charges would end up tossed out. So he would basically tell them to make sure if they brought someone it had better be for something other than "PoP".

At least that's how it was many years ago in the area I worked in.

I've seen a good number of these taping vids. I gotta be honest, most of them seem like cases of PoP. As that old sgt told me - a cop that wants to arrest you can always figure out some reason to do it. It may not stick - but they can do it.

How many of these things are just PoP - and why isn't this one?

edit on 27-6-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I doubt she'll get rich from it but if she does so be it, either way if you sue the police force your asking for trouble

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am so glad that they are going to do an inquiry into the police department because of their behavior. At least the judge has some respect for the Constitution, unlike some others, as well as politicians in the highest of offices. I am glad to see a happy ending to this case, as I was disturbed by this story when it was posted not too long ago.

I don't think that they need "special training," but rather police officers should not make the mistake of thinking they can act with immunity. They also need to understand that just because they are police officers does not give them the right to absolute authority over citizens who are not breaking any laws. And in fact, some should realize that even when a citizen is breaking a law, that doesn't give them the right to respond with more force or actions than are necessary for the situation. That is in regard to the videos we have seen on the forum of police officers tackling and throwing people who aren't even resisting arrest. I get pretty angry over crap like that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join