It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix For "Flash Mob" Robberies. (or) What is going on with black teens???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The trend with black youth today is to shoplift in groups.

We've all seen the headlines:

Teen Mob Hits Walgreens On The Mag Mile

CHICAGO (CBS) — The teenage robbery mobs are at it again on North Michigan Avenue.
Some 50 young people barged into a Walgreens at Michigan and Chicago on the Magnificent Mile on Tuesday afternoon. They took bottled drinks and sandwiches off the shelves, then ran off, CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
A police report says authorities were able to nab three of the thieves.
Walgreens says the store is working with police, helping investigators with video from the store security camera.
The Mag Mile earlier this year was hit by similar mobs of young thieves. Attacks on commuters and bicyclists have become violent, and police have stepped up patrols.
chicago.cbslocal.com...

Suspected flash mob rips off Upper Darby Sears (with video)

UPPER DARBY — A mob of about 40 people stormed into the Sears department store on 69th Street Thursday, and in a flash stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, officials said.
Police were able to round up 15 juveniles and one adult, 19, all from West Philadelphia.

“They came in on the El train and hit Sears,” police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. “They stole sneakers, socks, watches, whatever they could get their hands on, and left.www.delcotimes.com...:3501255|met:300|cat:0|order:1

There have been plenty more examples lately in the news.
The fix is, as soon as have the employees realize this is happening a "panic" button is hit and immediately those roll up style gates, like stores in the mall have, drop down and lock in place.

any other doorway is electronically locked as well. The metal gates would also cover the windows so it wouldn't matter if the teens broke the windows, they could not get away.
As this is happening the employees run to a secure back office and lock themselves in until authorities arrive.

This would need to be practiced as a fire drill until the employees perform like a well oiled military unit. The assailants would not know what happened until it is too late.
After word spread that stores were protecting themselves this way these types of attacks would stop.

What the heck is going on with the black youth lately?

One possible answer is the high unemployment rate among blacks.

Maybe if it becomes politically advantageous for Obama's re-election campaign to fix the unemployment rate among blacks he would stop all the dumb policies that are holding the economy where it is. But he thinks, and rightly so, that most blacks will vote for him no matter what so why bother.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The way the economy is going, it won't be just black teens too much longer.

Look for all races, and all ages. Look for it in grocery stores as well.

doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

I wouldn't contribute this to the economy or the poor unemployment rate among blacks. I don't think stealing watches are a basic necessity to survive. These black youth have just contemplated another way of committing a crime that makes it harder for them to be arrested.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
this should become a regular weekend activity for everyone...just taking back a bit from the nasty big corps =)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Basically. Besides, what the heck is everyone surprised about?

The OG's used to do this back in the day at concerts. They show up deep then bum rush the front gates. Some would get stopped but not all.

Rinse and repeat.. nothing to see here

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Please don't start your racist little threads today. Tell me where are your black voter statistics. I want to see them. What would make you think the black vote could carry a Presidential election? Lets not be concerned with the fact that its a minority vote to begin with. How many black people out of the whole actual vote? If your in the demographic of the black male how many are eligible to even vote due to criminal records?

The President was elected by people of all races and creeds in colors. It's sad to see to the age old adage that if he has any black in him he is black. Last I checked he was half Caucasian, but that bubbly piece of negro in there just taints the whole batch.. But your not racist at all right?

How bout you just say youth in general cause , The story said it was a flash mob where are your statistics in the races of the mob that struck. Were they all black? You sure there was no Hispanic, maybe a white person here or there? What about the Pharmacy robberies on the rise most recent being a nice white gentlemen who strolled in to an NY Pharmacy and killed 4 people inside so he could get the prescription fix. But its just black youth who are screwed up.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In detroit everyone wears the "uniform" (White t, baggy Blue jeans) so when someone commits a crime it impossible to pick anyone out because everyone on the street is wearing the exact same clothing.
As for locking the doors Gas stations have tried it but it results in much more damage to the store because once the idiots find out the door is locked they resort to tearing up the store, most clerks just let the mob go rather than have their store destroyed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It wont be a problem that needs to be fixed until someone kills one of these teens, be cautious children, you know not how easily it can all be taken from you.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+92 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Please don't start your racist little threads today. Tell me where are your black voter statistics. I want to see them. What would make you think the black vote could carry a Presidential election? Lets not be concerned with the fact that its a minority vote to begin with. How many black people out of the whole actual vote? If your in the demographic of the black male how many are eligible to even vote due to criminal records?

The President was elected by people of all races and creeds in colors. It's sad to see to the age old adage that if he has any black in him he is black. Last I checked he was half Caucasian, but that bubbly piece of negro in there just taints the whole batch.. But your not racist at all right?

How bout you just say youth in general cause , The story said it was a flash mob where are your statistics in the races of the mob that struck. Were they all black? You sure there was no Hispanic, maybe a white person here or there? What about the Pharmacy robberies on the rise most recent being a nice white gentlemen who strolled in to an NY Pharmacy and killed 4 people inside so he could get the prescription fix. But its just black youth who are screwed up.
Pulling out the old race card hu?
C'mon, it is blatantly black teens committing these crimes. All you have to do is watch the video or look at the pictures. Why bury our head in the sand and pretend it is a racially diverse group of teens, holding hands and singing kumbaya while they rob the stores?
I'll tell you what, how about you find a picture or a video where there is one white kid in the group and I will apologize and change my stance on this issue.

It is not racist to state the truth, we should not allow ourselves to be brow beaten into pretending the facts are not the facts.

If it were white or brown or yellow teens doing these crimes the question would be stated accordingly.

The question stands, it is stated correctly..

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Its all part of the model and its only going to get worse as the Summer wears on. Until the general public starts to resist and fight back these events will continue to escalate until someone ends up dead. We are watching the shaking of the inner city foundation LIVE! It will eventually crumble as viable and contributing citizens continue to flee the inner core in search of greener and safer pastures. The thug element will always be left behind.

Big question. Where are the prominent leaders of the African American community regarding these issues? Where is Obama on this? Sharpton? Jackson? You won't hear from any of them especially the latter.

They need this type of unrest to keep themselves relevant.

Sad to say, but, I don't have high hopes for the immediate future. It's going to be a rocky summer.

I don't know what can really be done proactively. The fear of authority and of arrest appears to be completely absent. The group think mentality takes over in these situations and only grows stronger with every person that joins the group. The every man for himself thought then takes over when the police show up. These groups feed on the fear of their victims and it might just take a bitter reality check for them to think twice. What will happen if they threaten a legally armed innocent citizen with violence. That's when Sharpton and Jackson decide to show up to defend the thugs.

I would imagine that these events are prefaced by an initial Twitter blast. Will this result in tight controls and regulations??

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The race card will be truely played when a store owner pulls out a gun and blows one of these theives away.

THEN project rainbow, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al will come out and scream racism.

Until then. . . . . meh.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada
The trend with black youth today is to shoplift in groups.

We've all seen the headlines:

Teen Mob Hits Walgreens On The Mag Mile

CHICAGO (CBS) — The teenage robbery mobs are at it again on North Michigan Avenue.
Some 50 young people barged into a Walgreens at Michigan and Chicago on the Magnificent Mile on Tuesday afternoon. They took bottled drinks and sandwiches off the shelves, then ran off, CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
A police report says authorities were able to nab three of the thieves.
Walgreens says the store is working with police, helping investigators with video from the store security camera.
The Mag Mile earlier this year was hit by similar mobs of young thieves. Attacks on commuters and bicyclists have become violent, and police have stepped up patrols.
chicago.cbslocal.com...

Suspected flash mob rips off Upper Darby Sears (with video)

UPPER DARBY — A mob of about 40 people stormed into the Sears department store on 69th Street Thursday, and in a flash stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, officials said.
Police were able to round up 15 juveniles and one adult, 19, all from West Philadelphia.

“They came in on the El train and hit Sears,” police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. “They stole sneakers, socks, watches, whatever they could get their hands on, and left.www.delcotimes.com...:3501255|met:300|cat:0|order:1

There have been plenty more examples lately in the news.
The fix is, as soon as have the employees realize this is happening a "panic" button is hit and immediately those roll up style gates, like stores in the mall have, drop down and lock in place.

any other doorway is electronically locked as well. The metal gates would also cover the windows so it wouldn't matter if the teens broke the windows, they could not get away.
As this is happening the employees run to a secure back office and lock themselves in until authorities arrive.

This would need to be practiced as a fire drill until the employees perform like a well oiled military unit. The assailants would not know what happened until it is too late.
After word spread that stores were protecting themselves this way these types of attacks would stop.

What the heck is going on with the black youth lately?

One possible answer is the high unemployment rate among blacks.

Maybe if it becomes politically advantageous for Obama's re-election campaign to fix the unemployment rate among blacks he would stop all the dumb policies that are holding the economy where it is. But he thinks, and rightly so, that most blacks will vote for him no matter what so why bother.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

Well what the hell do they expect to happen when the country is starving people and sending the money to foreign Jack boots and paying for unwarranted wars. Starve the people you're damn sure going to see more and more of this as TSHTF more every day!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here is one solution:

ID's at the door.

No ID, no admittance.

That is what this is coming to.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Instead of using social media and mobile devices to better themselves, learn things, and break away from the poverty/jail cycle they use it to organize a mob petty theft ring. Nice.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Well what the hell do they expect to happen when the country is starving people and sending the money to foreign Jack boots and paying for unwarranted wars. Starve the people you're damn sure going to see more and more of this as TSHTF more every day!

You can't be talking about the US.

Have you seen the money confiscated from tax payers to fund the food stamp program?

This savage mob looks pretty well fed, if you ask me.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 second edit rule

+53 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is a nationwide problem and it seems there is no end in site. Not until one of the kids are shot dead. Then people will stand up and take notice and speak out - but probably against the cop who shoots or the shop owner who shoots the poor teenager.

This is happening in WDC, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas and Minneapolis. Probably more. But there is a common theme and it cannot be ignored. Click here for an overview of all the cities, including video.

These teens are not stealing food (bread, milk, TP, etc) nor the necessities of life. If they were, Im sure there would be a bit more understanding. They are stealing clothing (from mid/high end stores), beer, snacks, etc etc. Nothing that they NEED to sustain life. This is not happening in grocery stores or stores that have things we need. This is happening in small shops that have clothing, beer and snacks. This is not a "woa is me the government is keeping me down". This is pure crimininality because they believe they can get away with it - and well, they are. This is nothing but a bunch of criminals stealing from others because they can. These criminal acts are being tweeted and FBd beforehand to organize the MOB. These are not down and out teens. These are teens with technology and the brains to organize such an event. THEIR criminal acts will take away the freedom of those who abide by the law. See how that works? Criminals create laws to give us all less freedoms. In this case, it may be the scruitiny of those entering a store. It may mean only a few people allowed in a store at a time. It may be scanning for IDs before you can enter a store. It may mean higher prices to cover the costs. And let us not forget how dangerous this is. We have no clue if these criminals are carrying weapons. What if someone tries to stop them? It is a dangerous crime. Nobody knows what to expect, except a group of criminals will go in and mob a store with the purpose of stealing for themselves.

These criminals screw it up for everyone else. And how anyone can make an excuse for them, is beyond me.

And stop pulling the race card and saying that people are racists for pointing out that every video shows these are black teens. *removed* Fact is, the criminal enterprise of these flash mobs consists of black teens. That is on record. It is not racists. It is fact. These are clearly teens who lack authority in their lives and respect to anyone but themselves. Blame it on the parenting, not the government. Blame it on them not those who call out what they see.

It is a concern though on many levels. Why are leaders in the Black community not standing up an speaking out on this when they are VERY quick to speak out against crimes against the black community. Why not try and help the young population in their community - because clearly these teens need help. They need someone to reach out to them and tell them - this is not the way to be living....

This does NOT mean that those pointing out the obvious feel this way about all in a particular race. It is pointing out that there is a clear and obvious problem that needs to be addressed. Nobody thinks all black teens are criminals and participating. But a segment of the population are participating in this new criminal activity.

I know my post will not be popular....but something does need to be done....and we cannot hide behind being politically correct and all of that - that will never solve anything.

edit on June 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I was informed that the old saying "calling a spade a spade" is considered a racist remark. While that is not my inention...I have removed the saying as to not offend
edit on June 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

They probably cut their food stamps. I know very good friends of mine who are disabled who can't work, have not gotten a raise in their SSDI for 5 years, can not get food stamps and they took away their medical. It's getting real bad. And to me they look way too thin, they're thinner than I was as a teen and I was thought to be anorexicby dr's (I wasn't just had a high metabolism). Everything is being cut to fund the blood oil wars, even the old folks' medicare and Social security hasn't been risen in 5 years and the cost of living keeps going up. You obviously don't live in the USA.
I expect to see more and more of this. And it's going to be all races, creeds, ages, etc... have you not seen the tent cities? Did you even know if you don't have a proper address you can't even get welfare/medicaid foodstamps?? I am surpirsed there isn't bands of tent city people doing this, oh wait there is, You'll just never hear it in the paper because they're white folks in the suburbs living in tents...right behiind super walmart in a south jersey town doing the very same thing...how do I know? Because I have friends who have seen it, but you'll never see that in the paper...noooooooooo....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think you're wrong you must have skipped the ENTIRE first article where the things listed they stole were sandwiches and drinks...

My God, you really can lead a horse to water, but not make him drink.

ETA:

The teenage robbery mobs are at it again on North Michigan Avenue.

edit on 27-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: sp

edit on 27-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And the kids will keep doing it thanks to the enabling attuitude demonstrated here....Forget political correctness, the black community doesn't care, and never will care until one of these thugs is gunned down. Then it'll be whiteys fault all over again. A never ending cycle of liberal bs, misplaced white guilt, and political correctness gone wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join