It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-foaming agent found in Chicken McNuggets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The anti foaming agent in in the fryer oil, not the mcnugget itself. I recently owned a small restaurant / bar, and i used soybean oil with anti foaming agent in my fryers

Otherwise, you put like 20 wings in the fryer. and it boils over.

I always hated using that stuff, but i couldn't afford the alternatives

SO...almost everytime you eat deep fried food, you are eating anti foaming agent.
edit on 26-6-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ok so i love me some chicken nuggets, but one time i didnt eat them all threw em in the fridge for the morning. reheated and went to eat one and 90% of the chicken was gone from the remaining nuggets.

i have known for sometime what goes in these things but that just made me wonder. so when they are fresh they are full of meat and when not it just evaporates.

im thinking thats the anti foaming what nots making it seem full of meat when in reality there is hardly nothing there.

makes sense considering they are offering a 20 peice for 5.00 bucks

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The water hoax.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah it had people all sorts of freaked out. Then again many of the stories on ATS do the same thing.

Ahh that evil water stuff. Bad stuff.

I do not even eat McDonalds, do not care for it, people always have problems with something though.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow we eat chickens, zombie chickens, we could have a world wide Zombie chicken attack.

Quick get out the deep fryers it's going to be a long night in chicken Zombie land.

The world is coming to an end a Zombie chicken Apocalypse is coming, hold on to your Nuggets they might just get pecked off.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I havent had anything from them on over a decade.

The food that wouldnt rot even after years because of all the crap they put in it really confirmed I made the right choice.

The funny thing is when you stop eating it, the thought of it really disgusts you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

Be thankful they did disappear, reheating chicken is one of the best ways to get food poisoning.

Reheating McD is a double whammy.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Not only is the food dreadful, but many of the staff are gormless half wits who were probably raised from birth on the stuff.
My friend told me that in the UK, the burgers are made from 100% beef. Which I thought was fair enough, since their adverts claim as much. Until she also told me that the company that supplies their burgers were called 100% Beef... not sure whether thats true?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I was looking to see if anyone here checked the information that was presented here. But you already knew the answer without checking. Good for you!

Chicken McNuggets®: White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphates, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch. CONTAINS: WHEAT.

Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness).Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

McDonald's USA Ingredients Listing for Popular Menu Items
edit on 27-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm not too surprised about the anti-foaming agent.

I'm just surprised they contain any chicken at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I'm not too surprised about the anti-foaming agent.

I'm just surprised they contain any chicken at all.

There is no antifoaming agent in the Chicken Mcnuggets themselves. This is a hoax.
edit on 27-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadys321
I will continue to eat McDonalds for the rest of my life. I love me some McDonald's.

I'm with you.

What do we have, 4 years 8 months left?

No but really, I used to smile reading topics like this... because I was still unsure.

But christ almighty, even I'm sick of hearing it, and it's still brought up with the same zest as before "ZOMG YOU GUYS ARE EATING CHERMIKLS!!!"

dhmo... dhmo... everywher and not a drop to drink.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Read the ingredients list I posted several posts above yours.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Also chock full of dihydrogen monoxide. Be afraid! Be very afraid!

(People still eat mcDonalds? Really? You'd think you should know that food that tastes like that isn't good for you)

Gah beaten to it.

your dhmo addicts and your uncanny ability to post what I was going to, but a day earlier...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by badw0lf

Read the ingredients list I posted several posts above yours.

No real need to. If my cooking has not killed anyone yet, I don't need no competition.

99% of what sounds scary, you have in your coffee.

It's like when Phil Donaugh raved on about draino being in illegal drugs.. Why sure phil, it was even used to make that medication you take legally.

And ya know... at the end of the day, when I'm laying in a hospital bed, I can say with a chuckle "Yep, those chicken nuggets finally got me..Ahh but they sure tasted good..".. and as I lean over to you and ask "What about you, what got you?".. you look away, and you say "Oh... nothing... old age..."

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
Sounds so simple until you realize what all that actually means. You are eating chicken skin, bones, sinew, tendons, cartilage, fat and a little left over meat. YUM or YUCK?
edit on 26-6-2011 by survivalstation because: last line

Eating the ENTIRE animal.

And thats yuck?

No, that's the impact your consumerism has left on you. Imagine you had to gut your own dinner? "Ewww its got all this red stuff in it, yukkkk!! Mummy, I don't want that yucky stuff. I want a hamburger!"

Ironic name, "Oh it's got beaks in it... no thank you!" survival tips..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Not only is the food dreadful, but many of the staff are gormless half wits who were probably raised from birth on the stuff.
My friend told me that in the UK, the burgers are made from 100% beef. Which I thought was fair enough, since their adverts claim as much. Until she also told me that the company that supplies their burgers were called 100% Beef... not sure whether thats true?

In Oz they use "100% Aussie beef",some people claim this is also a company name,but they cannot show a shred of evidence to back up these claims,Maccas is like wanking,no body admits to it but everyone does it

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Yeah I can't seem to find anything other than other forums squealing about this 'scam'. Perhaps I should look a bit harder. Not too hard though. It doesn't exactly matter whether I find out whether there is such a company or not, people have already made their minds up as to if they'll eat McD's anymore. My mum always used to tell me it was poison, I thought she was just being cheap haha

I did find a Wiki Page for McDs more unusual 'urban legends' as they called it. While the google page had the 100% beef thing on it, the actual page had no such thing, but I did see that there was a section about how there was a rumour that McDs used earthworms in their patties, which was funny because earthworms are more expensive than the beef McDs buys
edit on 27-6-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: adding to post

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MachiventaMelchizedek
Ok so i love me some chicken nuggets, but one time i didnt eat them all threw em in the fridge for the morning. reheated and went to eat one and 90% of the chicken was gone from the remaining nuggets.

i have known for sometime what goes in these things but that just made me wonder. so when they are fresh they are full of meat and when not it just evaporates.

im thinking thats the anti foaming what nots making it seem full of meat when in reality there is hardly nothing there.

makes sense considering they are offering a 20 peice for 5.00 bucks

THAT is a scarier thought - do my chicken wings lose their flavour in the fridge overnight.

I mean, we've all heated up dead food and get zombie food that has distant memories of the night before when even the anchovies were too sexy to leave alone, but the next day you are left with all the mucked up makeup, the chunks of the night before stuck in your cheese, and the salami appears to resemble chunks of gravel strewn across the inside of the pizza box and inevitably, the floor.. But we still eat it.

How does a mcnugget do this?

I can entirely imagine it. like really crap stale chips. french fries to you non-english speaking persons.

the full shape is there, but.. what's this? It's empty. The potato has absconded.

Now I can add chicken to this mix.

Tales of the elusive chip and chaffed chook. Come what'sonthetelly. There is something a foot. A shoe!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

McDonald's Food Ingrediants - Page 6 Chicken Nuggets

Chicken McNuggets®/Chicken Selects® Premium Breast Strips/Sauces

Chicken McNuggets®:

White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphates, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch.

MmmmMmmmm..... sodium aluminum phosphate....

/drool

With that being said there are a lot of components used in food that are used in other aspects of non food industry. Just because someone says ingrediant A is also used in say shoe polish, and the warning on the bottle of shoe polish says do not consume, does not mean the chicken nuggets you are eating are a health hazard.

Compounds react with other compounds in different ways.

just saying.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

Hahahaha I have actually heard of that. I suspect it's a rumour tho, it's too classic to be true.

And before anyone asks at all, an angus burger is just a crap burger made smaller. Really.

Smaller bun, floured, lettuce, bugger all cheese, and ... viola.. a run of the mill beef pattie.

yay $8.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join