It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-foaming agent found in Chicken McNuggets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Well it's a little bit fancy innit.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
$8 for a burger?! Is that for the meal or just the burger alone? I dread to think how expensive earthworms are....lol

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by badw0lf

Well it's a little bit fancy innit.

Oooh I read that in Michael Catons voice.

Fancy as in "Fancy that, I could have sworn I had some left.."

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It doesnt matter what they put in the food. Its making them money. These people have no souls to knowingly gives this garbage to children.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm happy to inform everyone that I only will eat chic fillet when it comes to fast food - lol.

But I won't promote that place because they are closed every sunday, and sometimes I find myself shouting " HELLO?! " into the call box for 4 minutes before I realize that they are all at church praying.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
$8 for a burger?! Is that for the meal or just the burger alone? I dread to think how expensive earthworms are....lol

I forget, but yeah, if it was with a meal, it was small.. $8 for a meal is cheap. $5 a burger usually - it's been a long time, so I am not up to scratch
- but for a deal at least 8-10.

Earthworms? What the hell sort of burgers are you eating???

I tend to get the meals since I get a drink and while I don't eat the fries, it's still cheaper.

And the worst thing is, I was not hungry till reading all this..

ahhhhh nil desperandum. In a few hours I'll be able to turn wet bread and moldy cheese into a gourmet meal fit for someone about to watch repeats of black books.

8]

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

No surprise to me.

Spend a few bucks sometime and order some McNuggets. When you get them, cut them open and go through them carefully. It'll make you wonder why you ever ate them in the first place.

This post is ridiculous. I've done that, several times, and its chicken inside of a breaded shell. Not sure what the hell kind of nuggets you're eating buddy.

Do you know what REAL chicken meat looks like? Happy to live in France and be able to buy real chicken from the farm (but it's getting harder)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
In Denmark you can get some sort of cheddar dip for your McNuggets. If you thought the ingredients in nuggets were bad, you shouldn't read the label on the sauce, it ONLY contains 7% cheese!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

There are no antifoaming agents in the chicken mcnuggets. But there is some in the fry grease. I think the mcnugget ingredients sound pretty decent. I was expecting much worse.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i just leave that:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don't eat at Mc Donalds anymore, not after more than twice on occasion that I have ordered from there, and there was a foul smelling taste in my mouth after I ate the food, that I ended up getting sick not once but twice. Taste smelled like a cleaner. Makes you want to get sick. I cook my own food now.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Why an anti-foaming agent. Are McNuggets prone to foaming?

That's what I was thinking.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Reply to post by Suspiria

The fryers are. The agent is in the vegetable oil.

This thread is much ado about nothing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Shouldn't the headline read...

Chicken Found in Anti-foaming agent?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Since I happen to have a kid who adores nuggets, I went poking around, and it looks like fearmongering to me.
This article agrees

Thats just one article, while I was poking around I discovered if you're so paranoid about this anti-oxidant that prevents food from going bad you can no longer eat
Twinkies
Kellog's Frozen Waffles
Cheez-its
Butterfingers
Reece's cups
PAM COOKING SPRAY
.... and others people are not so quick to name by brand

Pretty much ANYTHING WITH UNSATURATED FAT seems to come standard with a maximum of 0.02% of TBHQ to prevent it from going bad.

Its always a good idea to cut back on these kinds of foods, but yeah if you eat 10 twinkies, you're probably going to feel nauseous. SO DON'T EAT 10 - everything in moderation people.

On the other hand, it seems that a lot of so-called "natural additives" aren't good for you either
Source

What are we supposed to eat?

P.S. Chic Fil A uses TBHQ
edit on 27-6-2011 by Forevever because: lalalastarve

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I heard that they spray dihydrogen monoxide in our water supply...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I've said this before and I'll say it again: people are complete fools to put any faith in government organizations like the FDA. Consumers must either band together to form their own private organizations or accept their life of being fed industrial waste. Consumer Reports and Consumer Labs are a great start. But, they don't go nearly far enough as the OP shows.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid = Margarine's Compounds...
edit on 6/27/11 by Solsthime331 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As a food additive, it has the E number E900 and is used as an anti-foaming agent and an anti-caking agent.[citation needed] This silicone can be found in many processed foods and fast food items such as McDonald's Chicken McNuggets and Wendy's French fries

so yummmy

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

They ARE foam...They just boil the chicken parts all together and form the remaining goo.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join