It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-foaming agent found in Chicken McNuggets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Anti-foaming agent found in Chicken McNuggets

www.naturalnews.com

Some of the ingredients, it turns out, seem to belong more to an industrial factory of some kind, not a food retailer. According to the McDonald's Corporation, its famous Chicken McNuggets are made with ingredients including autolyzed yeast extract (which contain free glutamate, similar to MSG), sodium phosphates and sodium aluminum phosphate. But that's not the freaky part. According to McDonald's own website, Chicken McNuggets are also made with "hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.naturalnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

acid added to preserve freshness" and "Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent." At least two of these ingredients are artificially synthesized industrial chemicals. TBHQ, a petroleum derivative, is used as a stabilizer in perfumes, resins, varnishes and oil field chemicals. Laboratory studies have linked it to stomach tumors.

Disgusting! I thought having industrial fluoride in our water was bad enough. Now we learn that McDonald puts them in food. What other industrial chemical do they put in food I wonder. Right, what the heck, isn't this something the FDA should be all over. The FDA should be fired or abolish for doing a lousy job and acting as a front for fascist corporations.

So much for the guy who made the movie super size me. I'm sure he will be glad to know he is eating poison.

I'm positive this would be effective in getting people off fast food

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Don't forget the arsenic the chickens are being feed to begin with. Plus all the fast food restaurants hamburgers are made with cow hoofs treaated with amonia to kill the bacteria. Who knows what else we are eating.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I bet the Chicken McNuggets have more chemicals than a cigarette.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No surprise to me.

Spend a few bucks sometime and order some McNuggets. When you get them, cut them open and go through them carefully. It'll make you wonder why you ever ate them in the first place.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden

No surprise to me.

Spend a few bucks sometime and order some McNuggets. When you get them, cut them open and go through them carefully. It'll make you wonder why you ever ate them in the first place.

This post is ridiculous. I've done that, several times, and its chicken inside of a breaded shell. Not sure what the hell kind of nuggets you're eating buddy.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Good thing I stopped eating Mcdonalds several years ago. I always had a bad taste in my mouth after eating something from there.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

But they still tasty

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

No surprise to me.

This post is ridiculous. I've done that, several times, and its chicken inside of a breaded shell. Not sure what the hell kind of nuggets you're eating buddy.

LOL you think its just chicken that you are eating??
Did you even read the article??
Man if i cannot even pronounce the ingredients,
im not touching it!
I havent had McDonalds in years,
and "Im loving it" lol

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
NaturalNews news or not...most people should be aware by now that factory farmed animal 'meat' present in most all fast food joints, either it before or after the animal's rendering for 'meat', is unhealthy.
If more news does help people learn this...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Did I touch a chord with you? What a shame.

McNuggets are, and always have been, globs of compressed meat from various sources. That's gross. When I eat chicken, I expect it to come from ONE chicken. Not ten.

McNuggets are also filled with non-meat substances, also known as "extenders" and in certain circumstances "fillers," which are generally high in protein or carbohydrates (depending on whether its an extender or a filler). If you like having compressed chicken filled with non-meat substances with exceptionally high levels of protein or carbs, then by all means, eat the damn stuff. I could care less. But try not to get uptight when someone else thinks it's disgusting.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Seems like my nicotine addiction isn't as bad compared to the processed foods. Next time people tell me I should quit smoking I'll tell them to quit eating processed junk food first, then we'll talk

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

No surprise to me.

This post is ridiculous. I've done that, several times, and its chicken inside of a breaded shell. Not sure what the hell kind of nuggets you're eating buddy. [/quote ]
I work at mcdonalds, not cooking food but looking after the restaurant, i do the job because it pays my bills. Has anyone every noticed that a chicken mcnugget becomes inedible when cold, i have cooked supermarket nuggets before and that doesnt seem to happen. I think it could be quite possible to injure someone with one if you threw it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I remember a similar story a while back saying that McDonald's Chicken Nuggets contain some kind of ingredient from Industrial Caulk, or something like that.

All I can say is, it's a good thing I hate McDonald's food.....

Just gross.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

They used to be, but are not now.

They're made from whole chicken...cage chickens of course but still chicken.

The anti foaming agent is silicone based....silicone is in everything.

The TBHQ is a preservative for oil and is commonly found in many oils.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That some kind of ingredient is silicone.

Which is in everything, literally.

Even in vegetables.

Many vegetables contain silicon since they are plant-based foods. Levels of silicon vary in each vegetable. Some examples of vegetables that contain silicon are asparagus, cabbage, cucumbers, dandelion greens (edible weeds with an intense hearty taste and bitter tinge), lettuce, mustard greens, olives, parsnips, radishes, white onions, corn, sugar beets, bell peppers

www.ehow.com...

edit on 26/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Judge_Holden

They used to be, but are not now.

They're made from whole chicken...cage chickens of course but still chicken.

The anti foaming agent is silicone based....silicone is in everything.

The TBHQ is a preservative for oil and is commonly found in many oils.
As soon as i get another job im parting company with this lot. Apparantly as employees we can visit the farms whenever we like. Shall i go?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Don't.

It's cruel how cage chickens are kept, they're basically just zombies.

I've had the displeasure to spend a day at a chicken factory.

Free range all the way for me now.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why an anti-foaming agent. Are McNuggets prone to foaming?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Ryanssuperman

McNuggets are, and always have been, globs of compressed meat from various sources. That's gross. When I eat chicken, I expect it to come from ONE chicken. Not ten.

This OP is ridiculous.

Like meat coming from ten chickens makes it not chicken. As for fillers or extenders, anything from breadcrumbs, crushed corn flakes and the famous hamburger helper fit this discripction and these are foods.

On The flip side pancakes contain a foaming agent. Even homemade organic pancakes. Thats right they contain Sodium hydrogen carbonate as a foaming agent. Sound scary? Not when you realize it's just baking powder.
edit on 26-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join