It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man on "anime teen" forum discussion proves Homosexuality is not a sin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OP you must feel really guilty about liking penis. What's up with spamming these forums with being homo is not a sin threads? We get it, you like penis...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
OP you must feel really guilty about liking penis. What's up with spamming these forums with being homo is not a sin threads? We get it, you like penis...

Well, my girlfriend of two years does. The reason I feel so strongly on the subject is I was raised/live with a christian family, and many of my friends are gay. I don't like my friends feeling alienated by my family, especially on a belief that has no real foundation.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

So the point is they just want something to hate? Well, I guess that makes sense, it went from DND to magic cards to rock music to video games to homosexuals.
The evolution of hate!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

Acts:
"We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul– men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell."

Collosians 2:14, NIV
"having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

Hebrews
"The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Also, how am i spamming the forums? The first thread I posted was in introductions and got deleted because I failed to read the TOS,which did clearly state not to do...well, exactly what I did. So I posted the thread in the correct forum, used the correct quote length, ect.

Hardly Spamming

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So, I headed over to the "huge block of text"... and barely made it two paragraphs in before the poor exegesis started. Not only has this guy not proven anything, but he clearly doesn't even understand basic principles of textual interpretation, which isn't exactly lending any credence to your assertion of "100% proof".

I also take issue with the selective use of various scripture interpretations (speaking of which, to quote the NIV isn't exactly the best course of action, it's not a horrible translation, but it's not an exceptional translation either), and selective use of references (to the exclusion of others) also isn't helping.

I'm not going to sit here and write a huge treatise on why this guy is wrong and why I disagree with his assessment. The fact is, he has gone into the text assuming that homosexuality isn't sinful, and has interpreted the text according to that premise.

Valid interpretation of any text simply MUST go the other way - allowing the text to inform interpretation, and not the other way around. I appreciate his provision of context (in terms of seperating out common belief from actual biblical text, early on in his post); I think that's important, and it's a good start point... but I don't think his argument is watertight, let alone 100% incontrovertible.

It's also rather odd that he makes so many references to Levitical text, and then goes on to state that it doesn't apply. He's RIGHT, I'm not arguing that (the Levitival law was intended specifically for the State of Israel and the priesthood), but it seems odd to spend so much time establishing the anti-homosexuality nature of the books of the law, only to state that it doesn't apply.

Regardless... again, without going through the whole thing with a fine toothed comb...

I don't agree... and certainly don't agree that he has 100% proven anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Even if you don't believe in God... Homosexuality is not Natural... Nature backs this up 100%...

All you're crap aside... you cannot reproduce. Because homosexuals cannot produce life...I find you're time on earth ............short. Again..we're talking the laws of Nature and not the Laws of man where by they hand you a baby conceived by ..................that's right........heterosexual. Animals would cease to roam the earth if this was a natural law. It is not.

Being that I do believe in God and Nature.... God said... "No man shall lie down ..blahblahblah

This is one of the major problems we have in our society today. When people want to do something that they know isn't right... they justify it by any way they can. There's no justification here... Laws of Nature prevail...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Who cares if it's a sin or not... Live your life.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
All the writings in the present New Testament are directly or indirectly influenced by Paul's teachings and Jesus did indeed warn us against him.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am kicking myself for responding to this thread..for even reading it actually...why?:Because this is an outdated and wasteful old topic I have seen/heard debated for so long now its surpriseing to see it still going.I am a flameing homo and I dont GAF to hear it anymore! The more the subject is breached the more harm that is caused.It is no better for homosexuals to continue to push the issue in heterosexual faces than heterosexuals to push their anti-homo issues in the face of homosexuals.Its a no win situation at that rate.If everyone would just agree to disagree and do what you please without causeing harm,the whole issue wouldnt exist! I fear for the LGBT youth because they are growing up to hate and are being hated on as well all because someone wants to be right. And that hate is comeing from both sides of the fence.(straights and gays) My only opinion on the bible and the assumptions men/woman get from it is this: Beleive what you want,but save your judgement! The moment you put the GOD shoes on and beleive its your right to judge,you have assumed the god position and created a false idol..so you'll burn just the same.No wonder "the wrath of God" is everywhere lattely..Christ will have no other gods before him.He is a busy fellow nowadays! I would rant some more but I am tired because I have a life and I am living it regardless of what anyone thinks of my life choices as should all.Be Blessed and love to all! ~CBR
edit on 06/08/2011 by cyberboiraves because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
you again.... you already posted this same thing this morning... it didnt work then and i doubt it will now...

and btw it was me that said wall of text... its boring to read mate,

your just trying to preach to people... we dont generally like that here...

LOL, there is an abundant supply of Christians preaching about God and revelation on ATS, there is an abundance of atheists preaching about there being no God, there is an abundant supply of conspiracy theorists preaching about the conspiracies they believe, and all criticize those who don't agree.

You clearly didn't read the message as you've stated because you would see it's not "preaching". You are behaving like the sleeping sheep that are railed against on this site. You are speaking about something you haven't read, or looked out. The worst kind of ignorance. willful ignorance.. and mixed with assumptions and judgement.

Bravo sir, bravo!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You really should change the title of this thread, "Man on anime teen" forum, you are really distracting and hurting the message you're spreading. That's probably one reason why your previous attempt at posting this didn't work so well.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Even if you don't believe in God... Homosexuality is not Natural... Nature backs this up 100%...

All you're crap aside... you cannot reproduce. Because homosexuals cannot produce life...I find you're time on earth ............short. Again..we're talking the laws of Nature and not the Laws of man where by they hand you a baby conceived by ..................that's right........heterosexual. Animals would cease to roam the earth if this was a natural law. It is not.

Being that I do believe in God and Nature.... God said... "No man shall lie down ..blahblahblah

This is one of the major problems we have in our society today. When people want to do something that they know isn't right... they justify it by any way they can. There's no justification here... Laws of Nature prevail...

Actually homosexuality occurs naturally.. in nature. Animals exhibit homosexual behavior at an equivalent frequency. There has been a consistent documented percent of the human population that has been homosexual since being recorded, it hasn't gotten significantly bigger or smaller over time. It is no threat to the survival of the species. Your argument is uninformed.

You are basically saying that people born deaf or blind are unnatural. It occurs naturally in all living things with eyes.. at a consistent rate. It's a natural genetic difference.. blind, homosexual, deaf, deformed.

Not to say being gay is a deformity, but it's natural yet different in this way.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You can't prove homosexuality is or is not a sin.
It's all opinion.
/thread

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalControl

Mate, I'm very interested in hearing what this gentleman has to say, as he no doubt put a lot of effort into his research here. I wasn't going to post until after I do, but I figure before the thread gets too long I'll say this:

I know you mentioned that if we're not willing to read this wall of text, we most likely haven't read the Bible in it's entirety, and I know you also mentioned you read it fully from front to back.

I'd just like to say that because one has read the Bible, it does not mean they understand it, and this applies both ways. Someone could have only read a single paragraph of the Bible and still be saved and have their name written in the Book of Life for all eternity.

This doesn't mean that one who reads the entire Bible won't have a good point or two - I'd just like to let it be known that there are also people who claim to have found contradictions in the Bible, simply by reading it - USUALLY out of context.

However, S&F for you for this find (I saw your earlier thread that got locked, as well) and I'll definitely take the time to read all of this, and if this thread gets too long and out of control, I can send a message to you if you wanna have a further discussion about this?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I think a lot of ATS members think its wrong because its not what nature intended, it doesnt matter what it says in a book that has been corrupted by man over a period of hundreds of years.

Sounds like theres a closet you ve been hiding in - need to justify yourself etc etc

By the way it is tedious reading a wall of text

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Also, I will tend to only include books from the standard protestant Bible, NIV edition.

The NIV isn't the standard Christian Bible, the KJB is. Secondly, there were open homosexual members on the editorial board of the NIV.

NIV = Non-Inspired Version

Dr. Mollenkott, one of the literary consultants for the NIV translating committee, is a professed homosexual. This is verified by her own words in an interview in the Episcopal publication, "Witness" (June 1991, Pages 20-23). The interviewer, Sue Pierce, asked the question, "Why was it important to both of you to come out as lesbians?" Dr. Mollenkott's reply was, "My lesbianism has always been a part of me. I tried to kill myself in my teens because they told me I'd never be healed, that God had no use for people like me. I couldn't stand the thought of living a life that was useless or offensive to God. I tried to be heterosexual. I married myself off. But what I did ultimately realize was that God created me as I was, and that this is where life was meaningful."

Realizing Dr. Mollenkott's moral direction, one could expect her views to strongly affect the outcome of the NIV translation, and it does, as can be seen in the in the treatment of the sin of Sodom from which the term "sodomy" is derived. This word, generally used in homosexual behavior is defined in Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary as "copulation with a member of the same sex or with an animal." As can be seen, sodomy implies more than homosexual behavior, but Dr. Mollenkott was not interested in the human-beast relationship, she was only concerned about justifying the same sex relationship of sodomy.

Sodomy and the NIV

I'm sure this teen can show that homosexuality is not a sin in the NIV.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Before we can even see what's right or wrong we have to see what the definition of sin actually is. Sin and evil are interrelated but are also distinguished.

Sin - corruption of our free will

Evil - intentional irrationality

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I just had this conversation with a good friend of mine who believes that God created all individuals free of sin, however I pointed out to him that homosexuality can still be in the presence of God because God can do whatever He wants. So in the end, the question of being born a homosexual or etc. does not really matter because in the end its God willing.

I definitely feel that nowadays people claim to be homosexual and do it for attention, but homosexuality has been around since time immemorial, we're just beginning to accept it as a norm in today's society.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I definitely agree with this, homosexuality definitely does occur naturally, as a medical student I can definitely tell everyone on this thread that there is a gene in our body known as the SRY gene that regulates body testosterone levels. If that gene mutates or malfunctions in a way, our testosterone levels become inadequate up to a certain age that's essential for being attracted to the opposite sex and in the end, we get homosexuality. It's definitely proven medically, we just fail to accept it, that is why it is possible to be born gay.

Respect and honor for all people, humanity, and God's creation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join