It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man on "anime teen" forum discussion proves Homosexuality is not a sin.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Originally posted by DigitalControl

Yes. Is the bible not the reason Christians seem to hate Homosexuals?

hate is such a strong word .. i'd say its because its one of the most basic selfishness, self-centered things you can do. You only care for the sex obvisouly, and not the production of children, to further the human existance. regardless of how you slice it, or what your belief is.. for now, the only reason for life is to keep life going. and well... they cant.. so thats fine, be selfish.. cut your hair short, wear tight clothes.... honestly I dont care. be whoever you think you want to be.. just dont do it infront of me.. as I don't make love to my wife infront of you's.. yet.

We need more kids? Of course they love their partner,they wouldn't be fighting for the right to marriage just for the sex--they can do that with or without the law. And gay couples do NOT have sex in front of you, dont even try to say they do. But do you kiss your wife in public? Then why cant they?
Back to it being selfish---how is not populating the world selfish? We have plenty of population and plenty of kids--IN FACT, they often adopt, giving kids homes they wouldn't have had and saving us tax dollars.
Everyone should adopt when possible, straight or gay.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I suppose it's more an "anime " teen forum than anything---I considered it a children forum, perhaps I shoud re-phrase it.

i dont know if there are any criminal laws about preaching homosexuality, to children and teenagers... but there certainly are some social ones..

your title still sounds creepy.. i suggest you take a long hard look at your religious self and stop this nonsense.. your really not doing yourself or the bible any favours here,

edit on 25/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
reply to post by DigitalControl

Op, who exactly are you trying to convince? And no I didn't read it. Using a book of fiction to prove why some peoples sexual preference is "morally justified" in the eyes of a god who somehow managed to spawn three conflicting religions(judaism, christianity, and islam) that have plagued this earth with so much pain and suffering for over 2000 years, is completely retarded and ignorant.

P.s. Why did a grown man feel the need to do this in a childrens forum.........creepy

Your post is jumbled. I am simply proving that the common held belief that in the eyes of the Christian God homosexuality is a sin is wrong. As for the forum, I used to love Gaia when I was younger---this thread is OLD, very old. I brought it up in my christian school once when I was younger, which is why I remembered it and posted it here.
Also, please refrain from making snide remarks.
"The true sign of maturity is knowing the difference between an argument and a debate"

Your logic is flawed, made up book, made up god, made up notion of sin.....flawed.

Apparently the sign of maturity to you is trolling childrens forums.....it is creepy anyway you slice it sorry.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Op, who exactly are you trying to convince? And no I didn't read it. Using a book of fiction to prove why some peoples sexual preference is "morally justified" in the eyes of a god who somehow managed to spawn three conflicting religions(judaism, christianity, and islam) that have plagued this earth with so much pain and suffering for over 2000 years, is completely retarded and ignorant.

P.s. Why did a grown man feel the need to do this in a childrens forum.........creepy

Your post is jumbled. I am simply proving that the common held belief that in the eyes of the Christian God homosexuality is a sin is wrong. As for the forum, I used to love Gaia when I was younger---this thread is OLD, very old. I brought it up in my christian school once when I was younger, which is why I remembered it and posted it here.
Also, please refrain from making snide remarks.
"The true sign of maturity is knowing the difference between an argument and a debate"

Your logic is flawed, made up book, made up god, made up notion of sin.....flawed.

Apparently the sign of maturity to you is trolling childrens forums.....it is creepy anyway you slice it sorry.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Have a nice day

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I suppose it's more an "anime " teen forum than anything---I considered it a children forum, perhaps I shoud re-phrase it.

i dont know if there are any criminal laws about preaching homosexuality, to children and teenagers... but there certainly are some social ones..

You should have read the thread

The forum on Gaia he posted this in was the "Extended discussion" forum.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The point here is that you are wasting your time trying to convince people that being gay is OK using the same thing that says its not. I am an agnostic, I do not really see anything damning about homosexuality except the lifestyle that it promotes, I also think that gay marriage is absurd. My point is that I am not religious and I still dont agree with the whole gay agenda. Its not only religious people that think its a little odd.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
The point here is that you are wasting your time trying to convince people that being gay is OK using the same thing that says its not. I am an agnostic, I do not really see anything damning about homosexuality except the lifestyle that it promotes, I also think that gay marriage is absurd. My point is that I am not religious and I still dont agree with the whole gay agenda. Its not only religious people that think its a little odd.

And I am not arguing that homosexuality isn't WRONG, I'm arguing it isn't a SIN

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Are you the weeabo in question?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Well, no.
But would the fact I like anime and Japanese culture make the facts I am presenting any less true?
Seems no different than saying 'Your wrong because your black"

---Also, nice sig---
edit on 25-6-2011 by DigitalControl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well, no.
But would the fact I like anime and Japanese culture make the facts I am presenting any less true?

---Also, nice sig---

Naw just a question, you are reading too much insecurity into that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Well, no.

---Also, nice sig---

Naw just a question, you are reading too much insecurity into that.

This has been a hostile thread as of yet, excuse my defense.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The bible doesn't specify that it IS a sin; in the same way that it doesn't specify that wearing mixed fabrics is a sin.

Deuteronomy 22:11 (King James Bible)
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together.

The doctrine states that it is an abonination; not a sin.

Leviticus 20:13 (New American Standard Bible)
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

edit on 25-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

The bible doesn't specify that is IS a sin; in the same way that it doesn't specify that mixed fabrics is a sin.

Deuteronomy 22:11 (King James Bible)
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together.

The documents state it's an abonination; not a sin.

Leviticus 20:13 (New American Standard Bible)
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

In either case, abomination or sin, the old laws were cast out and Christians should NOT be giving homosexuals such a hard time.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Yes. Is the bible not the reason Christians seem to hate Homosexuals?

hate is such a strong word .. i'd say its because its one of the most basic selfishness, self-centered things you can do. You only care for the sex obvisouly, and not the production of children, to further the human existance. regardless of how you slice it, or what your belief is.. for now, the only reason for life is to keep life going. and well... they cant.. so thats fine, be selfish.. cut your hair short, wear tight clothes.... honestly I dont care. be whoever you think you want to be.. just dont do it infront of me.. as I don't make love to my wife infront of you's.. yet.

You should get it through your head that they are BORN that way. A gay persons brain is physically different than a straight persons brain. This has been proven by science.

And there are ways that a gay couple could have a child as well, but sadly you christians are against that as well.
And they have sex because they LOVE each other.

America is really decades behind when it comes to homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

No rebuttal huh? Knowing when to admit defeat, that IS a sign of maturity, unlike trolling childrens forums. You have found a way to get upset that the majority of people in this thread agree they either support or are ambivalent towards homosexuality, but don't agree with your using the bible as proof.

The fact is, christians view homosexuality as a sin. No amount of wordplay with the bible will convince christians otherwise. Religion is 100% about interpretation, the christian majority interpret that homosexuality is a sin. The world religions aren't the problem, it is the interpreters.

But uh good luck with your crusade....

Was that jumbled as well, or should I use smaller words?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

In either case, abomination or sin, the old laws were cast out and Christians should NOT be giving homosexuals such a hard time.

Matthew 5:17
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Jesus fully agrees with the "law" within the Old Testament and has a habit of refferring to it throughout the book.

Also, not until the "Gentil Jesus; meak and mild" was Hellfire introduced. Sure; slavery, genocide and racism were promoted in the Old, but not hellfire; not eternal damnation.

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament law. (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) 7:9-10

Passages are there; you are free to research yourself. Jesus doesn't protest slavery OR the Old Testament.
edit on 25-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Who exactly are we "decades behind" in gay rights? Just curious. I'm pretty sure that the majority of the world wouldn't even know what "gay rights" were if it hadn't been spearheaded by the US.

Of course the notion of gay rights, animal rights, human rights, any "right" really is complete lunacy. There is no such thing as "rights" in nature. They are a human construct and the word "rights" should be replaced with "luxury". Just ask a somalian or sudanese what they think of human "rights", I believe they would consider them luxuries they don't have.....

The grass is always greener on the other side, but when it comes to the US, the grass doesn't get any greener. We are so entitled we don't realize how good we have it, to our detriment.

Your whiny post set me off...sorry.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

I'm very jelous of your Constitution that separates church from state.

Damn Monarchy

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Who exactly are we "decades behind" in gay rights? Just curious. I'm pretty sure that the majority of the world wouldn't even know what "gay rights" were if it hadn't been spearheaded by the US.

Of course the notion of gay rights, animal rights, human rights, any "right" really is complete lunacy. There is no such thing as "rights" in nature. They are a human construct and the word "rights" should be replaced with "luxury". Just ask a somalian or sudanese what they think of human "rights", I believe they would consider them luxuries they don't have.....

The grass is always greener on the other side, but when it comes to the US, the grass doesn't get any greener. We are so entitled we don't realize how good we have it, to our detriment.

Your whiny post set me off...sorry.

Well, I don't know the details about all their "rights". But here in Norway homosexuality is mostly accepted now with the exception of a few narrow minded individuals. We have gay/lesbian priest, we have legalised marriage including in church, they have equal rights when it comes adoption and so on.

The most important thing is that people accept it here. I know of a couple of gay people that live in towns in USA where it isn't accepted at all and this has had a serious negative impact on their life.
So yeah USA is at least decades behind when it comes to acceptance.

Who you love should be no one business.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

We have all those things as well. how many people live in norway, is it 300 million+? Oh no its less than 5million. How many states, with their senators and representatives, have to agree on a law to make it national, is it 50? No, its none......

It's a lot easier to get things done when you are dealing with a small amount of people. The wheels turn slowly in the US because they are big freaking wheels. New york just legalized gay marriage, nyc alone has 3x your countries population not including the rest of the state.

I repeat, where was the genesis of the gay rights movement, the US. And what quantitative data shows we are "decades" behind? Its easy to judge when you don't consider the circumstances. How far behind is iran by the way?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join