It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man on "anime teen" forum discussion proves Homosexuality is not a sin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Welcome, all! Loki, here, to try to teach everyone a thing or two about a little religion I ascribe to. People think they know about it, and yet they fail to know even the most basic knowledge from this religions holy texts. I am, of course, talking about Christianity. It’s a religion that, in America, 83% of people claimed in 2004. Yet, out of that 83%, maybe only 40% can name the 10 Commandments. Shameful, isn’t it? Therefore, I’m going to try to give a little view of what Christianity at it’s most naked is. I won’t tell you that your denomination is wrong and mine is right. Rather, I will refer to the Bible, not denominational beliefs. Also, I will tend to only include books from the standard protestant Bible, NIV edition. If you have a problem with that, www.biblegateway.com has all the Bibles you could never read. It is to now be noted that this thread will be long. We’re going to cover a lot of subjects, including definitions of some terms, certain misconceptions popularly permeated through the Christian world, as well as defend Catholicism from those that would claim it is not Christianity.

www.gaiaonline.com...

A user on a children forum can prove that homosexuality is not a sin using the bible as proof.

NO ONE POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU READ THE ENTIRE LINK

He leaves no room for argument---his proof is undeniable.
And for everyone who says "wall of text, didn't read" then I doubt you ever actually READ the bible. I spent 12 years in a private Christian school, and I can say I have read the bible front to cover twice In my life. If you can't read two pages worth of argument then you need to go back to school.
I know some people will refuse and still post the same verses he already proves inert, and I will paraphrase his argument's in this thread for those of you incapable of reading.

edit on 25-6-2011 by DigitalControl because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2011 by DigitalControl because: People can't read,apperantly

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The bible has been edited a lot by man. This is where we get misconceptions from. For instance, going to church every Sunday is bull.

Its called the 'King James Bible' for a reason.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
you again.... you already posted this same thing this morning... it didnt work then and i doubt it will now...

and btw it was me that said wall of text... its boring to read mate,

your just trying to preach to people... we dont generally like that here...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So what are you trying to prove with this?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
you again.... you already posted this same thing this morning... it didnt work then and i doubt it will now...

your just trying to preach to people... we don't generally like that here...

A lot of ATS holds the belief homosexuality is wrong. I post PROOF that it is not, PROOF to one of the most controversial topics in America, and you cant read TWO PAGES? Have you EVER read a newspaper? Or a book?
I am not preaching. The bible never says homosexuality is wrong. Why don't you check out the thread on New York passing gay marriage, 90% of that thread is Christians Bawwing...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalControl

Imagining someone in a sexually pleasing to you manner is lust, a sin. However, it is not a “great evil”.There is no sin that cannot be forgiven, except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And that’s a Biblical fact.

(From the source)

So homosexuality IS a sin; but it can be forgiven?

How about this for an argument; and i don't even need the bible:-

Homosexuality is a form of love; and for that reason alone; it deserves our respect.

Mind you, i am an atheist; and we are sinners by default; because we disbelief (or are skeptical of) the extraordinary claims that the bible makes. The extraordinary claims that it daringly fails to provide even ordinary evidence for.

To claim there is a deity is one claim (Deism) to claim to understand the deity's mind (Theism/Religion) is an entirely different claim, and a claim that's even more extraordinary than the first.
edit on 25-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
So what are you trying to prove with this?

That anyone who hates Homosexuals is too lazy and/or stupid to read two pages.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

Imagining someone in a sexually pleasing to you manner is lust, a sin. However, it is not a “great evil”.There is no sin that cannot be forgiven, except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And that’s a Biblical fact.

(From the source)

So homosexuality IS a sin; but it can be forgiven?

How about this for an argument; and i don't even need the bible:-

Homosexuality is a form of love; and for that reason alone; it deserves our respect.

Mind you, i am an atheist; and we are sinners by default; because we disbelief (or are skeptical of) the extraordinary claims that the bible makes. The extraordinary claims that it daringly fails to provide even ordinary evidence for.

To claim there is a deity is one claim (Deism) to claim to understand the deity's mind is an entirely different claim, and a claim that's even more extraordinary than the first.
edit on 25-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

"God is the source of all love (John 4:7-8)"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Op, who exactly are you trying to convince? And no I didn't read it. Using a book of fiction to prove why some peoples sexual preference is "morally justified" in the eyes of a god who somehow managed to spawn three conflicting religions(judaism, christianity, and islam) that have plagued this earth with so much pain and suffering for over 2000 years, is completely retarded and ignorant.

P.s. Why did a grown man feel the need to do this in a childrens forum.........creepy

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
whats this guy doing on childrens forums talking about homosexuality? sounds a little pedo if you ask me.. should we really listen to him?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap

Op, who exactly are you trying to convince? And no I didn't read it. Using a book of fiction to prove why some peoples sexual preference is "morally justified" in the eyes of a god who somehow managed to spawn three conflicting religions(judaism, christianity, and islam) that have plagued this earth with so much pain and suffering for over 2000 years, is completely retarded and ignorant.

P.s. Why did a grown man feel the need to do this in a childrens forum.........creepy

Your post is jumbled. I am simply proving that the common held belief that in the eyes of the Christian God homosexuality is a sin is wrong. As for the forum, I used to love Gaia when I was younger---this thread is OLD, very old. I brought it up in my christian school once when I was younger, which is why I remembered it and posted it here.
Also, please refrain from making snide remarks.
"The true sign of maturity is knowing the difference between an argument and a debate"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
whats this guy doing on childrens forums talking about homosexuality? sounds a little pedo if you ask me.. should we really listen to him?

I suppose it's more an "anime " teen forum than anything---I considered it a children forum, perhaps I shoud re-phrase it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalControl

A lot of ATS holds the belief homosexuality is wrong. I post PROOF that it is not, PROOF to one of the most controversial topics in America, and you cant read TWO PAGES? Have you EVER read a newspaper? Or a book?
I am not preaching. The bible never says homosexuality is wrong. Why don't you check out the thread on New York passing gay marriage, 90% of that thread is Christians Bawwing...

Wrong according to what?
The bible?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Wrong according to what?
The bible?

Yes. Is the bible not the reason Christians seem to hate Homosexuals?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

of course ive read a book.. although i generally reads what interests me this does not...

i dont know why you have taken this as your own personal mission to convince people on a conspiracy forum, that homosexuality is right... and im sure reading your link is not going to PROVE anything.. (you could at least sum up the main points of your argument)

dont worry about it, let it go... everyone will have their own opinion on this.. your rant is not gonna change that..

anyway, its saturday night, isnt there anything happening at the blue oyster bar tonight?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

"God is the source of all love (John 4:7-8)"

So the bible claims. Would a source of such love demand the destruction and enslavement of an entire race? Would such a deity condemn someone to an eternity of torture; because they honestly couldn't bring themselves to believe?

So says the bible that you quote with such ease.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yes. Is the bible not the reason Christians seem to hate Homosexuals?

hate is such a strong word .. i'd say its because its one of the most basic selfishness, self-centered things you can do. You only care for the sex obvisouly, and not the production of children, to further the human existance. regardless of how you slice it, or what your belief is.. for now, the only reason for life is to keep life going. and well... they cant.. so thats fine, be selfish.. cut your hair short, wear tight clothes.... honestly I dont care. be whoever you think you want to be.. just dont do it infront of me.. as I don't make love to my wife infront of you's.. yet.

link   

if i could give you 100 stars for that comment, i would....

link   

of course ive read a book.. although i generally reads what interests me this does not...

i dont know why you have taken this as your own personal mission to convince people on a conspiracy forum, that homosexuality is right... and im sure reading your link is not going to PROVE anything.. (you could at least sum up the main points of your argument)

dont worry about it, let it go... everyone will have their own opinion on this.. your rant is not gonna change that..

anyway, its saturday night, isnt there anything happening at the blue oyster bar tonight?

It's noon. WHOS BEEN DRINKING
Anyway, I can agree with you on some points, and I apologize for suggesting you didn't read. To summerize the thread, he shows that anything from Leviticus is no longer in effect, sodom was destroyed for other sins, ect.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

if i could give you 100 stars for that comment, i would....

Lmao.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join