It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TYPOs drive me CRAZEY!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Horrible spelling, bad grammar, etc...ok, we all make typos now and then...it happens, either through rushing through a word and the fingers going faster than the brain, or simply not sure how to spell something so just typing a best guess.

What really bugs me are endless typos, where not even a sentence is put down without some basic word being slaughtered.

I sort of blame texting. auto spell correct, and other types of programs to not sharpen the brain. What happens should the day come where a giant EMP event destroys all electronics and we have to use good old pen and paper to record our thoughts and history...will we suddenly be a bunch of babbling fools?

So, this thread is a rant about frustrations with the text generation, typonese, and the like...however, you must make as many spelling mistakes on simple words (while still being readable)...because as much as it annoys us, we also tend to do it also (much to our shame)

So, get on it, stert ranting about the ignorunt peeple whom cannot speel for the life of tham.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Oh, wanted to also state:

I do not base the subject of the person's topic or post on their spelling...sometimes the most interesting concepts comes from a posting of letter salad...so, I try to overlook endless spelling mishaps and murder of words...but my brain tends to pick up on the spelling mistakes anyhow...(theirs, not mine) and the little spelling nazi in my brain starts marching around demanding it get attention.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You spelled crazy wrong.. Are you serious.. Talk about basic words :/
Anyway wgaf how it's written as long as everyone can make sense of it
edit on 24-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Very funny thread.

There are people who correct other people's grammar and there are people who have there grammar corrected.

I have my grammar corrected. With the size of the universe that we are part of I have no idea why people get so upset about other peoples grammar. I find it really amusing. How can people allow themselves to be upset by something so trivial???

I'm sorry if my grammar is not up to scratch in this post but I am sure there will be many replies purposely filled with typo's and bad grammar. I am sure you must have realised this when you began the thread. Maybe , secretly, people who correct grammar get off on it some how? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I find it amusing that "CRAZY" is spelled "CRAZEY" in the thread title. LOL!

I have issues with misuse of the apostrophe. And the word "to" when it should be "too." And "Their" or "There" when it should be "They're." And may other things.

But the issues are My own, and I let them go. [smile]

link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I am sure there will be many replies purposely filled with typo's and bad grammar. I am sure you must have realised this when you began the thread.

Yes, actually, I put in t3h ops that poeple should maek posts with typos innit..cause we all make them. .perhaps by unlodeing them hear, they won't make them in better threads..sort of like a quota filling for the day

you no what I meen?

link   
reply to post by mb2591

OMG. you just corrected the OP's grammar.

You are one of them too.......

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
"Their" or "There" when it should be "They're."

Actually, that was one of my retard issues I only overcame a few years ago...never really knew when to use their verses there verses they're...then someone finally clued me in about the i meaning someone...its their shoes...simple things like that

I was taught in school the most complex methods possible for a young age..such as even simple things like left and right...you write with your right, however, I also was taught the issues with strokes, so mix things up and learn to write with both hands kind of things...

Finally someone made it simple...extend your hands and look at the back...your left has a L shape going from index finger to thumb. heh...still to this day, I quickly flash my hand when taking or giving directions (in the future, right and left may be replaced with keyboard and mouse...turn mouse at the light, drive on until the next stop, then turn keyboard...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Part of teh topik is about ironie when being a spelling nazi also..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
STUF ! Nazi GRammmaere Polica!

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I sort of blame texting. auto spell correct, and other types of programs to not sharpen the brain.

So, get on it, stert ranting about the ignorunt peeple whom cannot speel for the life of tham.

I sort of blame texting. auto spell correct, and other types of programs (that) do not sharpen the brain.

edit on 24-6-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

link   

I sort of blame texting. auto spell correct, and other types of programs to not sharpen the brain.

I think the education system is partly to blame too, I knew a guy who made it all the way though school and still couldn't read a fast food menu. How did he (and others I'm sure) make it all the way through school and still be illiterate?

I think technology is going to cause the most rapid evolution of language ever in human history. I don't think "texting" style shorthand is going to phase out any time soon. The language that my generation uses may just become the norm and by the time I'm an old man English could be some crazy mix of acronyms, phonetic words and gibberish. It's sad in a way, but if it's more effective/efficient for the common means of communication then it may prevail regardless of the resistance from old timers.

edit on 24-6-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by mb2591

OMG. you just corrected the OP's grammar.

You are one of them too.......

Or the irony of his spelling...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Naa if your going to make a whole damn thread about spelling and grammar your sh!t better be perfect

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I stink at grammar and spelling and sometimes type faster than my brain. Who cares.

nac uoy daer siht?

cn u rd ths?

Obviously, you can comprehend.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm very hard on myself when I make a mistake like confusing their/there/they're or too/to/two when I KNOW the difference. Or I garble a sentence and press submit too fast. My fingers just go faster than my brain.

I'm a lot more lenient on others. Maybe English just isn't their first language. Maybe they're just not an OCD addict like I am. Maybe they're young.

But members like this I refuse to excuse: lol

Garble is a mystery: Is he a foreigner with only tenuous grasp of English? Is he on drugs? Does he suffer a serious mental debility? Is he typing wearing boxing gloves? Garble's rampant typos, malapropisms and execrable grammar can't be blamed solely on poor typing skills. Garble is all the more puzzling because if one manages to hack his way through the tangled muddle of his messages a discernable idea will often emerge. For example, in a forum discussion about a painting he might say, "Sorry the picchr the har is wrog. The culir. I liike the lips bot teh Paintng is sucs". When someone refers to his random capitalization Garble might say something like, "oPS i HITTED THE CAPDLOCK". Garble drives Grammarian and Nitpick absolutely nuts, but he disdains all efforts at correction, and if complaints persist he will indignantly sign exit saying, "yuor forum si stupef. bYE!" HINT: Garble may be Net Rat.

redwing.hutman.net...

I understand one's ATS membership is not our career and we're not exactly writing a college thesis here. It IS a message board for fun after all. But a little bit of effort to make your posts legible for others is courteous and goes a long way.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Naa if your going to make a whole damn thread about spelling and grammar your sh!t better be perfect

I make the ruels here!
I am a god in this thread!
Behold my grateness...!

incidently, you forgot a comma in your sentence!!! -smites you with the letter H-

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I understand one's ATS membership is not our career and we're not exactly writing a college thesis here.

Hey, wait...aren't you a paid mod/newscaster here?!
-eyes suspiciously-

and erm...so your suggesting I can't use ATS posting for college credits? sonofa... I was just going to use the time here as reference for political science and psychology class...grrr

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The spelling errors and grammatical mistakes bother me too. I think many do not care if their spelling and grammar is correct...it just does not matter to them.

Many people today have the spirit of entitlement and they figure that it is up to us to understand them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
nac uoy daer siht?

Obviously, you can comprehend.

Actually, I have no clue what that says.
"knack you why dare sit" is what I keep coming up with..

perhaps my netanese is not up to date...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join