It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TYPOs drive me CRAZEY!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I was about to comment
then I read your comment under your name

Congratulations on your nigerian internet lottery win!!! (lol)

I can up you..I am currently helping a political refugee from Nigeria...he is going to give me 20 million $$! I already put a down payment on a house.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I love FA'a subtitle! That is hysterical.

For the record, I am a Zimbabwean multi-trillionaire.

And I should probably add something on topic. Here is an image I've been dying to use but never had the heart to use it on anyone lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

reply to post by AshleyD

Wait, what are you guys sayin'?

I'm reeally gonna get that money someday right?

I just have to wait for them to process my paperwork using all my private information I sent them.

You'll see, that big check will be comin' in the mail any day now.

It will, won't it?

edit on 6/24/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Absolutely.
Congratulations on your financial blessings!

I would suggest taking out a mortgage on your home and sending them the money required for taxes. That should help facilitate receiving your winnings. And make sure you don't make any typos when giving them your SSN and bank account numbers. Don't want your winnings being transferred to the wrong account!
edit on 6/24/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Amaterasu
"Their" or "There" when it should be "They're."

Actually, that was one of my retard issues I only overcame a few years ago...never really knew when to use their verses there verses they're...then someone finally clued me in about the i meaning someone...its their shoes...simple things like that

I was taught in school the most complex methods possible for a young age..such as even simple things like left and right...you write with your right, however, I also was taught the issues with strokes, so mix things up and learn to write with both hands kind of things...

Finally someone made it simple...extend your hands and look at the back...your left has a L shape going from index finger to thumb. heh...still to this day, I quickly flash my hand when taking or giving directions (in the future, right and left may be replaced with keyboard and mouse...turn mouse at the light, drive on until the next stop, then turn keyboard...

Wait, you can barely tell your left from your right? You have to look at your hands and see which one forms an L to know what is left and right? AND, you misspelled the title of your stupid thread ABOUT bad spelling?

You are an idiot. No, not even, I think you qualify as moron.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

is this a parody of yourself?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Wait, you can barely tell your left from your right? You have to look at your hands and see which one forms an L to know what is left and right?

Yes, as a young teen, I had issues with left/right until someone demonstrated the back of hand trick..to this day I occasionally get a twitch from the subconscious learned behavior when taking or giving directions...funny little nuances really...but its programmed overall that left/right quickly flashes my hands in front of my face either way.

AND, you misspelled the title of your stupid thread ABOUT bad spelling?

I see the purposeful irony was lost on you.

At least your not judgemental

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

is this a parody of yourself?

Forums are a parody of conversation.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Hahaha, stupid evolution of language.

Seriously though, the emerging language of electronics users is a problem. I had a friend who was texting me to find out when I was coming down her way for a visit. She sent me two texts, the first one said "wen r u coming?" The next followed promptly and read: "today or tomigug?"

So I named this crappy new language Tomigug and I still hate it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
"He's lieing!"

"She was dieing."

*cringe* I can't STAND that.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Actually, that was one of my retard issues I only overcame a few years ago...never really knew when to use their verses there verses they're...then someone finally clued me in about the i meaning someone...its their shoes...simple things like that

I was taught in school the most complex methods possible for a young age..such as even simple things like left and right...you write with your right, however, I also was taught the issues with strokes, so mix things up and learn to write with both hands kind of things...

Finally someone made it simple...extend your hands and look at the back...your left has a L shape going from index finger to thumb. heh...still to this day, I quickly flash my hand when taking or giving directions (in the future, right and left may be replaced with keyboard and mouse...turn mouse at the light, drive on until the next stop, then turn keyboard...

Wait, you can barely tell your left from your right? You have to look at your hands and see which one forms an L to know what is left and right? AND, you misspelled the title of your stupid thread ABOUT bad spelling?

What does your inability to comprehend simple irony make you? What is below moron?
At least Saturn has acknowledged and attempted to fix his shortcomings.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

i swear 1984 becomes more real every year!
newspeak coming but just not in the way i imagined.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Someone who needs to look at visual clues(watch) to tell them left from right might be dyslexic.Just thought i'd bring that up

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I get annoyed as well if someone bothers the language on purpose, which is sometimes the case with text generation teens of today.
I don't have a problem with people who have flawed grammar and spelling due to dyslexia or being non native English.
I have more problem with people who act like grammar nazis and have to correct every damn mistake.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yes, as a young teen, I had issues with left/right until someone demonstrated the back of hand trick..to this day I occasionally get a twitch from the subconscious learned behavior when taking or giving directions...funny little nuances really...but its programmed overall that left/right quickly flashes my hands in front of my face either way.

I still have the same problem. If someone says ''left'', then I have to quickly imagine my left hand for a fraction of a second before I actually work out which side they are referring to. It's even worse when someone says something like ''on my right hand side'' - that gets my brain working overtime.

My problems on this issue also extend to the directions of ''east'' and ''west''. I have to consciously bring up a mental map of Britain, Europe or Africa, to work out which side they mean, when someone mentions one of these.

It sounds strange, and I've tried my hardest to retrain my brain on this matter, but no matter how hard I try, I can't achieve the automatic response which I get when I hear someone saying up, down, north or south.

edit on 24-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's a form of speed reading. You can speed read if you teach your brain to leave out the vowels in many words. Many countries leave out vowels when writing text. Basically, Hebrews and the Ancient Greeks.

Look for the Cambridge Research Study. It shouldn't matter how the vowels are placed or how garbled up they are in a sentence. Your brain cognitive skills should be able to decipher it with no problems.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 24-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: whoops

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

lol
what about dyslexics?
i've got a touch, but it only happens when i'm tired.

my brother and sister, on the other hand, have it so bad that some times they use "russian" letters.
edit on 24-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: whoops

edit on 24-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: whoops, that'll teach me to have 41 tabs open

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
S&F for making me snort-laugh before I even clicked on the thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Here's a good spot for my favorite clean joke...

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

He'd lie awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join