It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TYPOs drive me CRAZEY!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendPritchett
Hypocritical CRAZEY dip#. Get over it and take the corn cob outta your asshole.

Your time on ATS is similar to my time married...

limited, noisy, and ultimately meaningless

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am flooint in tipos. Sin't everyone? Personally I am so fluent in them that I rarely ever notice legitimate typos or common spelling mistakes. This is why I don't write much nor try and proofread for any friends if asked.

What drives me crazy is when a person breaks out their thesaurus in the belief that better words will somehow make their incorrect information more valid. Syllable count has nothing to do with factual accuracy! But that's a rant for another thread, so I'll stick to typos.

My best typo ever was in ATS chat, typing the phrase "a few bucks". I type pretty fast and for reasons I don't fully understand I accidentally inverted the "f" and the "b". I even visually caught the typo right as I was pushing the enter key. I was positive I was going to be chat banned and possibly post banned. It was definitely a few minutes of stress.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

lol We're just volunteers. But we do get a gold Rolex Rolodex when we retire.

Anyways, I never vocalize it and try not to point it out in a thread by harping on typos but garbled posts is a sure fire way to get me to scroll right past. lol

And I HATE typos in thread titles! LOL! Although I understand the OP did it on purpose in this one. But in general it's nails on a chalkboard to me and I don't understand how an OP can just leave it sitting there like that with a title cut off, a misspelled word, or a syntax error.

A title is your thread's first impression but you're sending it out into the world with broccoli stuck in its teeth, a wrinkled shirt, and a ketchup stain on it's pants!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
A title is your thread's first impression but you're sending it out into the world with broccoli stuck in its teeth, a wrinkled shirt, and a ketchup stain on it's pants!

Yes, I think that is definately the one place that requires perfect spelling and grammar...you can muddle the rest up as much as you want (because your ultimately trying to convey a concept verses a heading), but the titles do require perfection.

To leave spelling errors in a title is simply crazie!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendPritchett
Hypocritical CRAZEY dip#. Get over it and take the corn cob outta your asshole.

Ah hahaha best post evvaaaarrrrrr

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I was positive I was going to be chat banned and possibly post banned. It was definitely a few minutes of stress.

Naa, mistakes happen.

however, you know the rule about discussing the ban procedures...your out...benched!!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I stink at grammar and spelling and sometimes type faster than my brain. Who cares.

nac uoy daer siht?

cn u rd ths?

Obviously, you can comprehend.

Just because it makes sense to you doesn't mean it makes sense to everyone else. I'm not going to sit there and try to decipher poorly written text when there is a perfectly good language that exists and makes sense, or a perfectly good spell checker built into the site for that matter.

Most of the time I just ignore the posts with typos and bad grammar. It usually means a lack of education. The problem is that a lot of people didn't learn English as their first language, so as bad at spelling and grammar as they may be, they may in fact be much smarter than they appear. You can generally spot the non-English users from the lazy ignorant people, though.

I think it's an interesting point about all the auto correct these days. It reminds me of the movie 'Idiocracy'. It's about our future society where everyone speaks gibberish. I thought it was kind of dumb because I couldn't see how society could allow itself to become so stupid. Only a few years later, though, and I already am seeing the decline.

Ya, it may not be the biggest deal all the time that people make mistakes, but it shows our society's lack of desire to do things well and with care. That is a huge flaw. I for one take time in my endeavors to try and execute them as well as possible. Call me a perfectionist, or someone who just wants to be as good a person as they can be, but I think it's a noble approach.
edit on 6/24/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is always amazing to me how people don't get extremely obvious irony or even turn it into an insult. I as well htae typos and would shoot people who make them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The banning process isn't arcane or secret. At least not the one I use. I just do four tequila shots, blindfold myself, have sombody spin me around fifteen times, and then do this "eenie - meenie - minie - mo" deal...

It's all very technical!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The banning process isn't arcane or secret. At least not the one I use. I just do four tequila shots, blindfold myself, have sombody spin me around fifteen times, and then do this "eenie - meenie - minie - mo" deal...

It's all very technical!

Thats actually...a lot more coherent than I suspected..at least you lot count first

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's only the commonly repeated spelling errors that annoy me. Such as to and too, the there and their's, the lose and loose and the were, we're and where's.

I support this rant!!!!!

Some people are just lazy, I see those lazy spellers as being slightly disrespectful to their fellow posters. There's nothing wrong with the odd mistake, I do it, we're all human of course. It's just those too lazy to check their posts before posting, those people who blatantly and constantly do it without caring.

Maybe I have slight O.C.D, how about you, SaturnFX? Do you crave neat and tidyness in your life?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Saturn. Yure a huut.

What happens should the day come where a giant EMP event destroys all electronics and we have to use good old pen and paper to record our thoughts and history...will we suddenly be a bunch of babbling fools?

Wasn't there an Outer Limits episode along these lines? Where the one guy who could read and write, became the teacher for the whole community? (The new series. Not the old series)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

we're all human of course

Yes! We are all just like you homans! Why would anyone suspect anything else?!
If you suspect that we are not just like you, a regular homan doing homan things, then you are probably crazy or on your terrestrial illegal chemical substances you like doing so much.

Maybe I have slight O.C.D, how about you, SaturnFX? Do you crave neat and tidyness in your life?

-eyes the random mountains of paperwork on his desk-

Erm...sure...ya..lets go with that vision.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I remember that episode!
I'm a huge OL fan.

Basically, reading and manual learning were obsolete. People had a chip in their brain where they could 'upload' information by connecting to a source. As in, if they wanted to gain all of the knowledge in an entire set of encyclopedias, they just connected to the source and absorbed all of the content in seconds.

Or instead of reading restaurant menus, you would be connected to the restaurant's menu and it would be uploaded directly to your brain.

Due to an accident in his childhood, one man couldn't be fitted to the chip so he had to do things the old fashioned way- read books. Because of that, he was considered disabled and mentally slow.

Then one day there was a malfunction with the core which caused the chip to fry people's brains and it had to be disabled.

Suddenly, everyone else was disabled but the man who could read became everyone's teacher and was the smartest man alive.

Darn you Firefox spell checker. Darn you!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Wasn't there an Outer Limits episode along these lines? Where the one guy who could read and write, became the teacher for the whole community? (The new series. Not the old series)

Now that you mention it, yes...it was some sort of internet connection they all shared, no need to learn to read as they are fed the information directly...words might as well be little more than chickenscratch

then oops, the net goes down forever...and the one person unable to connect to the net and therefore had to read books...considered the poor disabled idiot becomes the only one able to bring these fools back into a basic understanding of anything.

would be awesome if they restarted them all, they were amazingly brilliant conceptually....each one could be made into a full blown movie, perhaps even a mini-series.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I prefer a vision of entering Saturn's ring.

Can you help?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I prefer a vision of entering Saturn's ring.

Can you help?

-punches you in the head, raises hand in victory to the cheering crowds-

(trust me, that vision is better than an alternative I had in mind..which I found quite disturbing)

yep, this is off topic

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hey Sat, next time that happens, just sic these guys on 'em:

They'll beat the snot outta anyone who even thinks about misspellin a werd.

Oh crap!

Now their cummin after me!!

<< 1    3  4 >>

join