It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News.. Brownsville Levee Near Cooper Nuclear Plant in Nebraska Just Broke! Here We Go !!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Go to this link at MapQuest:

www.mapquest.com...

1. Click on Satellite (top/right.)

2. Click the Zoom-In Plus (+) sign about 5 times.

3. Click & Drag the map downwards, to follow the river North. (You'll start to see lots of flooding)

4. When you see Atchison/Nemaha (counties I think) labeled in the middle of the river, look just to the left. I think you can actually see the 'breech.'

ETA: You will see the Atchison/Nemaha label several times before you see it next to the 'breech' I just realized!
edit on 6/23/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7be34952bdb8.png[/atsimg]

This is a screen grab off of the NOAA website.

David Grouchy

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Was watching CNN earlier today and they were saying the plant was protected. But you honestly can't trust the MSM anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
journalstar.com...

Not sure of size of break.

Manchester said the extent of the breach likely wouldn't be clear until daybreak.

I think it's around 11pm there now.

A lot can happen between now and then.
edit on 23/6/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

The plant is protected.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I want to give a special THANKS to ALL of you who are providing the powerful links to the critical info everyone wants to see regarding this flooding. I really appreciate you doing this to help get the word out. I look at this as not MY thread, but OUR thread! Thanks Again!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

The plant is protected.

This from someone that thinks nuclear power is safe even after Fukushima and Chernobyl. Hey Nosred have you bought your plane ticket to either of the exclusion zones yet? Lots of prime "safe" land there, you can live like a king!

I like how in the interview, none of the nuclear executives would answer ANY "what if" questions. 'What should people do if it blows' 'It won't' 'Yeah but what if it does, people need to be informed' 'Everything is fine.'

Yeah, everything is fine. Until it's not.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The plant is protected.

So were the towers...heck we even had fighter jets in the air practicing to protect against the exact event.

Fearmongering is bad...I agree with you...but lulling yourself into an MSM state of oblivious relaxation is just as bad.

I don't trust the media when they say "don't worry".

I trust them even less when they say "please worry more".

I guess what I am trying to say is "I am sick of hearing people who say they know the definite outcome of tragic event before it unfolds" based on nothing more then 3rd party information supplied to the masses through a lying box.

MM

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.denverpost.com...

This dispels several of the rumors circulating about this event,

www.oppd.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
This from someone that thinks nuclear power is safe even after Fukushima and Chernobyl. Hey Nosred have you bought your plane ticket to either of the exclusion zones yet? Lots of prime "safe" land there, you can live like a king!

Like I've said countless times, neither Chernobyl nor Fukushima were modern nuclear reactors and neither were up to safety standards. Both disasters could have been averted if proper safety measures had been taken.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The plant is protected.

I think you are wrong about the plant being protected. (subject matter)

Someone is coddling you as a poster. Site people, or just idiots.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

www.denverpost.com...

This dispels several of the rumors circulating about this event,

www.oppd.com...

No...THAT shows paid officals saying what paid officials would be paid to say. Shall we go through recent history right now, together, marking the various times that officials of all sorts promised one thing and then the exact other happened?

I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find similar officials telling you how oil rigs are safe and cared for, boarders are protected and strong, shipping ports are not infiltrated by all sorts of weapons to be used on citizens, politics are legitimate and honest and voting really works.

I dunno man...have you not seen Japan's officials saying much of the same about Fukushima?

Bah...never mind...you are right...a dishonest bunch of team players are supporting their team...what they say must be correct and within the best interests of all of us. Just trust them blindly and call their words "proof".

Its safe...really it is.

Again, my prayers go out to anyone in danger of this recent event. I hope everything turns out for the best.

MM

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
Go to this link at MapQuest:

www.mapquest.com...

1. Click on Satellite (top/right.)

2. Click the Zoom-In Plus (+) sign about 5 times.

3. Click & Drag the map downwards, to follow the river North. (You'll start to see lots of flooding)

4. When you see Atchison/Nemaha (counties I think) labeled in the middle of the river, look just to the left. I think you can actually see the 'breech.'

ETA: You will see the Atchison/Nemaha label several times before you see it next to the 'breech' I just realized!
edit on 6/23/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

Never "quoted" myself on this thingy, but here's a snapshot of what I see when I do the steps above. (Of course, I added the red arrow, etc.)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Is there a reason, with as many flags and stars this threads recieved, that this isn't up on any of the New Topic streams?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99
Is there a reason, with as many flags and stars this threads recieved, that this isn't up on any of the New Topic streams?

Good Question.
Well, it's on the 'Firehose' -1st column about halfway down, but not on the 'New Topics receiving Flags/Stars' stream. I wondered that myself.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
OP, you should edit the title of the thread. It's Brownville not Brownsville. Could be the problem with people searching it out on Google and such.

I don't know if this has been posted yet:

Levee Breaks North of Brownville

A levee three miles north of Brownville in Missouri failed at about 9 p.m. Thursday, right in front a pair of people patrolling there. "It happened so quick that they were concerned that they may not be able to escape," Mark Manchester, deputy emergency management director for Atchison County, Mo., said late Thursday. "The water was coming through fast and hard. … We're not sure what the size of the break is so far." Officials have ordered the evacuation of all of the county west of Interstate 29, he said. That includes the towns of Phelps City, Langdon and Watson, as well as the Nishnabotna Conservation Area. Manchester said the extent of the breach likely wouldn't be clear until daybreak.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
OP, you should edit the title of the thread. It's Brownville not Brownsville. Could be the problem with people searching it out on Google and such.

Naw, Google corrected for that-- I made that mistake and it still pulled up Brownville, NE.

Thing is, it just didn't return anything for the last couple of days. I even put "July 23, 2011" in the search string. Weird.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes, they were safe IF the proper precautions were taken, but they were not.

That's like saying a frog wouldn't bump it's ass IF it had wings.

And ultimately, we are simply not advanced enough to take that level of care.

It's like giving a toddler a machete.

Yes, he can hold it, but that doesn't mean he won't cut your foot off.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Like I've said countless times, neither Chernobyl nor Fukushima were modern nuclear reactors and neither were up to safety standards. Both disasters could have been averted if proper safety measures had been taken.

How comforting. Especially to the families of all the children that died at Chernobyl from being out in the black rains, all the families of the people who die to leukemia and bone cancers and other cancers because of the "unfortunate mistakes" of this noble industry. Tell me, friend, when I breathe in my particle of plutonium from Fukushima, and get lung cancer in 2022, where is my legal recourse or recompense? How can I even prove what killed me let alone punish anyone for it?

Nuclear contamination -- the perfect murder.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7be34952bdb8.png[/atsimg]

This is a screen grab off of the NOAA website.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/546a35eb4ab5.png[/atsimg]

The dip in river level at Brownville is much greater than originaly projected.
I can only surmise that the level breech is rather large.

David Grouchy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join