It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is hussein, and I have a message for you

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Carseller4

I named my eldest with a varient of Moses......is that ok?

Why would anyone have a problem with Moses?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Thanks! You just confirmed my statement about Muslims being very messed up people. How many American parents, after WW2, named their kids Hitler?

The difference would be that the name "Hitler" was completely meaningless before young Adolph showed up in Germany whereas the name "Hussayn" held a great deal of respect and admiration in the Muslim world for centuries before Saddam reared his head.

Honoring your culture & herritage is now considered "messed up?"

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Much love coming at you, Hussein, from the heartland of America. Thank you very much for this message.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Elepheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I had this argument with my wife (who is Korean) a bit - how foreigners are treated, as well as black, asian and hispanic Americans. I don't personally believe that in general, people are rude to foreigners. I see the OP say EVERYONE was rude to him. Called him a terrorist. Honestly? I have never witnessed someone calling an middle eastern national a terrorist. Or called them rude names. I'm sure there are some idiots out there, who can't discern between government and citizens.. or religious and fanaticism. There are some stupid people, sure.

But EVERYONE? I don't buy it. I am always considerate to folks I have met of any nationality. I find it very hard to believe during a trip EVERY SINGLE PERSON you met treated you like a terrorist. Very hard to believe indeed.

I approve of the overall message, I just think it's overdoing it - not all Americans "hate" all people from the middle east, or anywhere else for that matter.

Am I being defensive? You bet. I have just as much right to defend myself as an American against claims I am an ignorant, rude "bully" who calls others terrorists, as the OP does saying that we are all good.. love everyone.. don't be so ignorant and mean. I think Americans get stereotyped just as much as others claim we stereotype others.
edit on 23-6-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Welcome Hussain,

I'm a Muslim too, and I live in the US. I'm with you on all the things you've mentioned on your post however, I'm kind of skeptical about the things you said you went through when you came here.

I've never been through anything like that. My mom is covered and my husband is dark skinned, none of us have ever undergone bad treatment from anyone because we were Muslim or looked Middle Eastern.

So I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on your experience and tell us exactly what happened. If it truly happened maybe it was due to some kind of misunderstanding between you and the people you met? I'm not sure.

I have been here for 2 years now, and like I said I haven't come across anyone who was bad to us. Although I do feel a bit of an apprehension when we tell them where we're from, but no one has been openly rude to us.
So I can safely say the haters are very small in number

Also, for those who find his post condescending, he does sound like that because of the lack of English. Most people from ME are very direct when they speak in their own language and when they try to speak in English it sounds rude or condescending, they don't really mean that so I doubt there's any reason to get worked up about it.

Edit: I agree with fleabit about his experiences. Its kind of weird that everyone was bad to him.
edit on 23-6-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

hello hussein.

on behalf of the conscious people in america, please accept our appology on how you were mistreated by the less conscious majority of the american population. the majority of the american population that are programmed and meta programmed beyond their observational perspective, blindly follow the dictated mind set and philosophy of the american leaders and government. just to let you know that the rest of us do not think this way and please do not allow these people to taint your perspective for any possibilities of other americans. it would be very joyful if you are able to see that there are good people just like you that not only occupy this country but countries around the world.

there is also a saying that the good people of the world are treated bad because they are the only ones strong enough to deal with it! Keep up the holy peaceful fight, and continue to pray and act for all the commoners of the world to unite.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just know, that not all Americans feel the way some and our government do. I worked for a Persian family for a year, they were the sweetest and loving people i have ever met. Like yourself, we are under a harsh dictatorship in the guise of democracy. We also have fundamentalist religious leaders that are dangerous and ruling our country.

I am sorry you were treated bad and welcome you here.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am a white-looking latino, but my dad and my uncles look arab, mostly because when Americans see someone that is as light skinned as them and with a bushy Mustache they think they are Arab (depending on the area of course, and yes I am aware the Iran/Iraq debate about them being cacuasian). My dad only gets double checked at airports, but that is all he has ever faced, and he looks like a taller thinner Saddam.

I would want the countries to realize that the USA is a land of immigrants. Its not a land where 100% are blonde blued eyes christian war-mongers, there are many chinese, indian, latino, african and so on, USA is a culture center of the globe. Not everyone shares in the same ideals as government, especially which so much differences that its citizens have. One minute you are in chinatown, the next you are in little-italy to the passing a few blocks of spanish from dark skinned latinos. I love being with a mixed crowd of people, I worked retail and our groups were like the united nations of computer salesmen, lol, and they were all good people, and it was never a dull momment.

As for as the ones in power, the government is the elite, and the elite always controls. Its part of humanity, I am not aware of any huge empire/country/nation or states that didnt war and didnt get that big by being the "good guy". No disrespect, but I have read history books that werent christenized to hate islam, and I have read the beginnings of islam, and i have to say, just like catholism, its full of war and domination, hence their spread through the world.

We are dangerous animals, but we are also dangerous animals with complex emotions, that spells the worst type of threat to each other and all life.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

please stop hating, please stop being ignorent please stop living with the ego head (big head) please respect other human please stop being pre judge others.

If only people understood... religion, skin color and beliefs doesn't matter - we're all humans and we're brothers and sisters.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Funny how a message of "love" attracts such positive responses, it's like fueling love with more love... yet if this thread was in a negative context, so would the participants. I guess what I'm trying to say is... the more we promote "light" the more "light" you attract.

Thank you all (most of you anyhow) for giving me and people like me hope in humanity. Every so often I wonder if humanity will even make it to the end of the century.... well today... people like you have given me hope. Thank you OP to start this train of love

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hi,decided to make an account here after reading the reacctions you're getting.It does seem to me that he was a bit hypocritical but wouldn't you have reason to be scared/annoyed that a country more wealthy and more powerful than yours is operating with impunity in your region of the globe?

I also believe that he was directing this toward people who view all middle eastern people or muslims as radical extremists.

I found it amusing that he asked for this not to become about religious debate and yet some here seem intent on making it just that.Why is it that atheists feel the need to discredit or belittle someone simply because they choose to have religous beliefs?It seems so closed minded to me.

Anywho,Welcome to the forums.....and I guess Welcome to me aswell,lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Op, very sorry that your first inaugeration into America was full of hate, But i have one disagreement with you, for one our society is not based soley under our religion. Your islam has justifications in every aspect in which you live, thus we cannot understand your religion based aligarchy, and you cannot understand our non theological society. Hope that makes sense, no hate for you or your religion, as religion should be a part of ones society, if it is of their choosing to do so
Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by cloaked4u

hussein, I have questions, why is it that the woman wear so much cloths all over body and what is the purpose?

Why ask rhetorical questions?

How come women not so much in control or in gov't.

Women are generally regarded to be in control of families in Iran as is our culture. However, in rural areas and religiously indoctrinated minds this is not regarded as true.

why stone people?

There is no excuse.

opium is that legal there?

I know for a fact that pure opium used to be subscribed as medicine by doctors not even a hundred years ago. However, since the cutting and war on drugs started the use as medicine stopped. There are plenty high position people who smoke it though. Kind of like coc aine in the US.

do alot of peoples have problems with that?

It is starting yes. Because of the high unemployment rate and at the rate the government is raping Iran's resources a lot of people have found themselves addicted to drugs, one of the most notorious ones being "glass". There is a growing disdain for these drugs, however, in a hush hush culture there exists little ground to address this issue in a constructive manner.

I hear alot that woman has a role and that if they do not stay in that role they are shun. Why is that?

This happens all over but is more prevalent in stricter cultures. The why to your question consists of cultural/religious reasons each separate from area to area.

What ritual is that or whatever that some woman have undergone operations on vaginal area to get rid of or cutting of parts so woman can not experience pleasure?

I think you're mixing up cultures there. As far as I know, this isn't done in Iran.

woman have a role, why so harsh treatments if they stray? What happens to prostitutes over there?

They get paid. No, serious. They exist in Iran like they exist in all other countries. Did you know cheating on husbands/wives is a sort of trend in Iran nowadays? Just like...all other countries.

and don't say you do not have any.

Haha, I see what you did there.

Another question, did adinajhad say that he would wipe isreal off the face of the planet?

No. His rhetoric didn't involve the words you used. He was talking about the REGIME and not Israel as a geographic state. So no, he did not say what you typed there.

Just a few questions, these came up with friends and are they true, if so why and what do you have to add.

I have my share of questions for you now, if you don't mind?

(I took the liberty of answering some of your questions as I find myself to have the answers).

you are not sehren6, i asked her , not you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Salaam, Hussein!

First off, congratulations on having the highest Karma rating that I have ever seen here on ATS. I'm not sure how this thread slipped around the 20-post rule, but it worked out awesomely for you.

Secondly, thanks for the message itself. Despite the people here giving you a hard time for being preachy or dogging on America, they can't argue the facts - America's up for being dogged on at this point. Does that mean Islam itself, or followers of Islam aren't? No. But unfortunately there are douchebags in all groups, and the scum usually rises to the top. To those being so offended by this thread - well, in short, eat it. Someone comes speaking truth, whatever the motivation, and we start backbiting and retaliating and talking about agendas. Boo hoo. If the message is true, then who cares about the messenger? Again, no other group or country is blameless here, but the US has been off for awhile and in big ways - deny it if you want, you're only lying to yourselves. Not to say people in the US don't also do a lot of good, but that only mitigates somewhat.

The generalizations and "collectivizations" being lobbed about by some here are quite disheartening, BTW.

Anyhow, Hussein, congrats again on slipping by rules that catch most people up, and thanks as well for the wise words. A little more introspection on all our parts would do us well - we tend to often focus too externally on what everyone else is doing that we don't realize we're not part of the solution, but are merely adding to the problem.

King offered an excellent interpretation of something Chris mentioned:

"Why should we love our enemies"? "The first reason is fairly obvious. Returning hate for hate multiples hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction."

Let's listen to the message, say screw the motivation, screw the group classifications, remove the planks from our own eyes, see the world like children, and let our lights shine.

I love you all.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Bless you Hussain! You are 100% right. We Americans have a lot, many do not appreciate. Our government does lie, create and sustain wars for no good reason. You keep your beliefs. I respect Muslim Islam.. and have found that all families are respectful, kind and care greatly for the feeling of others.

I am not an American that hates you or your belief system... Wish I could meet you. Here is a "cyberhug" over the Interent.. From an American to a Muslim... I love and embrace you with peace and light! Blessings to you and your family.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well Hussein,

I got a message for you.

I totally hate war and all the atrocities committed by man against man.

But, I have yet to hear just 1 muslim person say that they will not spread their religion by the sword.

Think of it.

I have asked many muslims this question, and they never answer me.

Why?

Why, I'll tell you why, because the Muslims believe that spreading their religion with violence is sometimes necessary.

This is totally against my beliefs.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

I have a message too Sehren6, firstly you give the impression of being genuine regarding your message apart from the fact you didnt mention one friendly person on visiting the US in your post.
Either your leaving the friendlies out of your post or your trying to stereotype all US citizens. Anyway my message is start making plans to do what ever it takes to get out of the middle east, you dont have too long.
And welcome.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
sehren6 hussein, you have not answered my questions and you have someone else answer them for you. WHY?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I love you for who you are and thank you for being here.

Welcome.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Sehren6,

I am sorry to hear of your experience in America. Having known a number of Iranians during my college days and through the years since, I found every single Iranian (men and women) to be highly intelligent, thoughtful, cultured and in one case, absolutely intoxicatingly gorgeous....17 years later, I can still remember her name "Sima".

As for your treatment in "My Country", you must understand that not only have we been the magnet to the "Huddled masses yearning to breathe free; the wretched refuse" from every land and now, much of my country's population are Godless, Rootless, No-class Mongrels and Bullies". It is almost as if the "melting pot" has turned to sewage in many cases and these are the people, the ignorant, the mob who lashed out at you and this I apologize for. Plans are underway to rid the planet of these and I hope you and the best of the best are able to rise above the culling fires that are coming.

edit on 23-6-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join