It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is hussein, and I have a message for you

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Dear OP,

Welcome! I just wanted to simply state that our government doesn't speak for the majority of the American people. Our government has become it's own machine despite the views of the American people. Ignorance grows just as fruitfully here as other places.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

So you want to know why the people of America can't stand up to OUR government? It's because half of the people still believe that this is still a free country. Our politicians badger and point fingers to the opposing faction in our bipartisan system. If your a Republican you oppose the ideas and beliefs of Democrats and vice versa. Our government is stuck spreading propaganda by saying that it's one of the two factions fault and just run around endlessly in a circle. And people buy into it and believe it 100%. You should hear some of the bickering between Dems and Reps over here. People that watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC they buy in to most of whats said on there. They don't doubt our news media for one bit. It's all intermingled with true local news (so that you buy into it) and political propaganda to confuse the population while they do things behind our backs. Whenever there's a political race for president going on you can imagine how much things could pass right in front of us and we're too busy worrying about who we want to be president. It's like American Idol.

Many Americans don't believe that this is actually happening and that we are still free people. We're slowly turning into a Nazi type of government. To make matters worse is that most of the people have no idea that it's actually going on. But more and more people are being arrested with no crimes being committed. I was against the war in Iraq and then as far as America says, " Yay we found Saddam" then months later I watch a little bit of news just to find out that for some stupid reason we aren't stopping. We're still in war moving all over the middle east. All the while our media is claiming that we're trying to help the people. I already know it's not for humanitarian reasons. However, I can't do anything about it. Why? Because I can barely live off of my wages. I may have a decent home and a car, but I'm in no way prospering. I'm slowly sinking into more and more debt while huge companies are getting help from the federal government. People are, now more than ever, either getting richer or getting poorer.

You can't even video tape police officers doing their jobs without you getting arrested. If your in their way they will arrest you. Even if you are becoming a nuisance they will arrest you. In other words if you stand up for your freedoms you will have them taken away. Just lately there was an order from the president saying that the federal government is going to take control of education, food supply, land use, water use, recreation, property, and energy. Normally our state and local governments are the ones with that power and it was just stripped from us.

More of the problem is a lot of people believe that the laws in our country are to help the people, when in actuality, they are just limiting our freedom. There are too many people who believe that they can run our lives better than we can.

You could also look at where the real power struggle is. Money is the root of all evil. Most of our politicians are millionaires. People who eat from silver spoons and hardly remember what poverty feels like. (if they have ever been there) Look at one of our biggest runners for president this year. Donald Trump. One of the richest men in the U.S. But he'll make a campaign slogan that says "At least he knows how to make money" and he'll get elected to be our hero from the global recession.

All in all America is slowly dying and it's people are hardly aware of it. We can't raise awareness because as soon as we do they enact the "patriot act" which says that if we try to commit treasonous acts they can remove our freedoms and treat us like terrorist. So lets say I decide that I want to start talks about overthrowing our government to find something better. As soon as I start to move I'm monitored (most of America is closely monitored by the NSA for terrorists) and soon after I get a knock on my door and I would get arrested without being given a reason.

America's government is a terribly scary thing and it's not just to other countries, but to our own countrymen as well.

So to sum it all up, I am with you in that I would love to stop the fighting and the wars for oil and money by our crooked banks and politicians. I have nothing against people practicing which ever religion they choose as long as it doesn't conflict with my life and my goals for happiness. I hate knowing that our government brainwashes and manipulates it's people. I wish that it would all collapse. I would love to stand up for it if only there were someone at my side to do it. But sadly that won't happen just because there aren't enough of people like me hat would stand up for what's right. Half of us are just trying to get by with the limited lives that we are given.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

reply to post by sehren6

Islam and Buddhism? isnt that a bit odd? Can you explain OP, why both? is it acceptable in Islam to have two religions?

Something tells me im not going to get an answer to that question.

Nine hours later, nothing, suprise suprise.
Dear me, ATS is starting to make me very cynical, or maybe im just learning to see through things.
edit on 23-6-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by sehren6

I appreciate and understand your message. I truly do. You see, hatred and prejudice is everywhere, including my own country here in the US. People here are from mixed heritages yet they still "hate" on others different from them. This is a universal problem, one that upsets me and breaks my heart. I get hurt and angry when I hear others rail against those of different nationalities because they somehow feel cheated out of "something." We all have many things to offer each other, I believe that should be the message. We are all human beings after all.

link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
To me, violence is not the answer, for it only begets violence.

Ignorant generalizations are not the answer, either. As I said above (and please don't consider it as me telling what you've experienced... just consider me as describing what the Muslim's you've asked experienced when you questioned them.), most people don't waste time answering insulting, arrognat questions.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

First..I would like to say welcome to ATS. I am sorry that your stay in America was not a good one, and it is regrettable that you were treated badly. we do not hate you or everyone. I don't know anyone who says they hate the people of Iran or any other country. Not here anyway.
The World Governments are the ones who make the decisions about World Affairs, not the grassroots people. Also, I don't know of anyone who likes wars or approves of wars. There are people on here, who have lost loved ones in wars, including myself.
We are not ignorant of what goes on, but you must understand that the people of America are not in control of what is happening and neither do we approve of it.
Our egos?? Most of us are so busy trying to make a living and support our families, that our egos concerning foreign affairs don't even enter it. Not everyone in America has big cars, big houses, plenty of money. There are homeless people here too. And no..I do not have a big car. a dilapidated old 89, that needs lots of work to really get it in good working order. No big house either. I live in a small 3 room apt attached to another house. No washing machine and the water here is so high that my light bill is lower!!!!! Oh! and no AC either. Got two fans running which are blowing hot air around and it is 88 degrees in here now. Much worse during daylight hours. But..hey..I got 2 grandchildren here and they aren't complaining and neither am I. My daughter pays for me to have the internet.
Respect? well that goes both ways...Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Pre-judge? I hope you are not including all people in America..because here I have never heard the conversation come up about judging any other nation and saying America is better than all the others. This is a very poor area here and people here definitely don't see themselves better than anyone else.
Blessings to you...

edit on 23-6-2011 by ellieN because: added to.....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You know guys what would be really efficient on this planet which is just a tiny spec in the vast universe....wake up one morning, all of us ...realize it, get over it burn our passports, live in peace and get essential things done, which would be mutual respect and working together towards sorting out economy and environmental issues, getting rid of all weapons and be happy to inhabit such a wonderful planet, becoming fond of our ability to love and create for good.
Has somebody shouted UTOPIA??????

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

That's quite a introduction, hope to see you around, and who knows maybe we'll learn something from you

edit on 23-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

I understand your point and that's a sad story regarding when you visisted Universal Studios.

Prejudice was mentioned in the OP; but i can certainly imagine a lot of men in Iran holding prejudice about women not being dressed "moderately". Or holding prejudice over certain reading material.

Would you agree OP?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by sehren6

Go clean your own stable before you come here and criticize us. When you stop stoning teenage girls to death, hiding behind women and children as human shields, stop bombing innocents in hospitals and restaurants, and start to leave the 4th century and begin to act like human beings, then come back, and I'll have a laundry list of other items for you to change...like stop hanging homosexuals from lampposts in your cities.

Are you going to deny that you are guilty of the above?

And what the hell makes you think Hussein does any of those things? Way to pre-judge

As far as I know, he has every right to criticize the west for launching this crusade against Islam all in the name of resources and control.

Edit to add... That "begin to act like human beings" bit made me laugh too since the west isn't exactly setting a good example, wouldn't anyone agree

edit on 23-6-2011 by MareBellator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Today I would like to give YOU a message, Please stop hating .... have you told your muslim friends there to stop hating non-muslims? Please stop being ignorant ... have you read the Qu'ran? It's pretty ignorant. Please stop living with the big head ... that's pretty preachy of you - you assume everyone here has one. Please respect other humans ... again, have you told the muslim terrorists this? Please stop being pre-judge others ... Haven't YOU done that by preaching at us with your opening post? Welcome to ATS.

sorry that is an ignorant reply... he is sharing his perspective...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Sehren9 if truly named Hussein is male, not female.

Besides, your questions rest on ignorant generalizations, anyone could answer you.

If I were ATS I'd check the guy out. If true what he is saying he could well be arrested in Iran, question is, will they be able to track him down?

Possible reasons(amongst others) that he is not replying;

1- his story is true and he has difficulties getting on the internet or has simply not gotten to it yet.
2- he has difficulties replying.
3- his story is true and he's been tracked down and apprehended.
4- he's trolling.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ganjoa
reply to post by FlyersFan

and Thank You for giving us all a shining example of those attitudes Hussein is railing against

and Thank You for giving us all a shining example of not bothering to ask the questions that beg to be asked.

This guy comes on and, in his first post, PREACHES at us .. telling us not to be ignorant (when Islam itself is ignorant) .. telling us not to not judge but he himself already has. It's absurd.

Originally posted by Revolution9
Hussein doesn't hate! Have you read his message ...

I read it ... did you? Obviously not.

Originally posted by confreak
You have a cool way of deflecting everything, it is as if you are in denial.
Let me explain how you discuss an issue:

Let me explain how Passive/Aggressive discourse goes ... no, never mind .. just go read the OP and you'll get a shining example of it.

Again ... to the OP ... welcome to ATS. We take nothing at face value and aren't sheeple.

FlyersFan - your whole mentality is on the back foot & rediculous. I live with everything you mentioned every day and I see none of what you describe the op to be; I believe your perspective is skewed...

squeegee your 3rd eye.

-Bob
edit on 23/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator

While we are having this discussion the morons in power (on both sides!!!!) have used some more tax money deciding where to buy more weapons so where to create more places to use those new weapons, create more debt and make sure citizens all over the world are busy with dogma issues, survival, differences and not going to notice how bad they are doing their jobs and and how little our opinion counts

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I respect everything in the OP, I truly do, but, the fact is many middle-easterners are far more hateful than Americans. I don't mean to generalize, but consider this, you said when you came to America and felt slighted because of dirty looks and such. If an American goes to the middle east, they're literally putting their life in danger. Even in the cities that are militarized by America, westerners (not just Americans) are kidnapped and murdered.

You admit in the original post that it's not uncommon for people in your region to view America as a "bully" country, and that's why we are hated. Well, American's a wary of middle easterners because of 9/11 and other attacks. Just like you didn't attack fly a plane into a building, I never bombed Yemen or any other country.

I'm in no way saying that Americans behavior towards middle easterners, or vise versa, is correct. It is understandable, though.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Dephyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Who started it?

One can squarely place the genesis of religious militancy in Pakistan to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979 and the subsequent efforts of the U.S.-Pakistan-Saudi grand alliance to create and support the Great Global Jehad of the 20th century.

The program ended in 1994 but the books continued to circulate: ‘US-sponsored textbooks, which exhort Afghan children to pluck out the eyes of their enemies and cut off their legs, are still widely available in Afghanistan and Pakistan, some in their original form.

www.shunya.net...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by sehren6

Islam and Buddhism? isnt that a bit odd? Can you explain OP, why both? is it acceptable in Islam to have two religions?

Something tells me im not going to get an answer to that question.

Nine hours later, nothing, suprise suprise.
Dear me, ATS is starting to make me very cynical, or maybe im just learning to see through things.
edit on 23-6-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)
You should really take a long break from ATS.

Seeing through things? No, your vision is clouding up even more. This site will do that to you, especially if you come here with a closed mind. Like I said, take a break. Maybe go interact with people who are not like you and see what happens. Open your mind a bit though, otherwise... you know what? Screw it. I'm preaching.

I'm tired of seeing glimpses of hope for humanity only to have it be shot down by cynics. Just realize that your way of thinking is being left behind, and for good reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
give the guy a break, he is correct, all the people in orth america have been condiotioned to hate all the countries inmiddle east but the tiny state of horror which is israel. Ask yourself why? because they have brainwahsed you for thousands of years to support and worship the sun everyday in your pagan churches and then support netanyahu without knowing # all.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeafterlife

What are you even talking about? I know no one that worships the sun.

This is pretty much an ignorant post all around.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

I have a statement then a question the bible quote is not from the bible the New Testemant. And here is the question If I were Jewish and visited you country of Iran would I be greeted with open arms and hugs?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join