It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is hussein, and I have a message for you

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

I think this can go both ways.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but on the other hand i think these problems exist in your country as well. Do your people not chant "Death to Israel, Death to USA!" at prayer rallies?

While you claim to treat women as "pearls", do you not bar them from certain jobs? Can a woman go out in public on a hot day in a short tee shirt and shorts? Or does the law subject them to 70 lashes and up to 60 days imprisonment?

In 2006, did women not initiate the "One Million Signatures" campaign to ask for equal rights in the eyes of the law and end discrimination agains women? Such discrimination as womens testimony afforded less value than the same testimony if taken from a man? Monetary damages paid for the wrongful death of a women are half of what would be paid for a man in the same case. Are women only half as important to the Iranian government?

Its important to note that the four women who organized the Million Signature drive were jailed in 2008.

My main complain against the Muslim cultures are their treatment of women. Equality is still a long ways away over there.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_rights_in_Iran#Hijab

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Wow, i cant believe this thread is STILL here.
truly amazing.

Me too.

I am starting to think that there is definitely some kind of preference of some sort............Any other poster about any other religion and I believe this would have been 404'd..............It seriously makes me wonder why a muslim thread is alowed to go on so long with no other post from the op...........

I have seen countless threads closed for the time being until the op contacts a mod. Here in this thread we have a mod sticking up for the mysterious op???????
Thankyou I started to think it was just me and i was paranoid.

Deny Ignorance definitely took the back seat here............First post, 200+ flags, and only one opening post from someone from a country that seriously monitors their material, from someone who says they are on ATS all the time, but their intenet is shut down, but yet they still made this thread?????????

What gives?
edit on 28-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I know that all Muslims are not bad and all Christians and Jews are not good. But it seems very confusing to see that the believers in Islam are the only group who seems to intrepriet their bible as sayings it's ok to strap a bomb to your chest and kill innocent civlians in the name of God. Here in American we have all kinds of different faiths but we don't walk down the street killing each other because we have different religious beliels.

I have never read the Koran but it seems strange that some many Muslins are able to pull the same interpretation from their bible saying you will be rewarded in Heaven for killing you enemies. The bible I read tell me to love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

this is not true either, we do not burn churches, the extremist burns the bible after the racist says to burn bible.

BUT The hardcore believers the Bosnian Muslims do that and did that in bosnia conflict, oh and as for burning churches

kosovo Albanians burned chruches and are still burning them, they have no respect for any other minority's

Heres an a video of Albanian Muslims Destroying historical buildings and then they go even further by claiming that its there territory.

Albanians Destroying Churches

So as an Iranian what your peoples view on the Albanians?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

As an Iranian, I feel that any religion is an abomination to mankind.

But, I also do recognize that others have a right to believe and express their beliefs without harming another human.

Therefore, these Albanians that destroyed the churches need to be persecuted by law if they aren't already.

If you were asking about Albanians in general? I've met good Albanians, also Muslims, very well integrated. Because religion is crap of course :-)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

As an Iranian, I feel that any religion is an abomination to mankind.

Star for you !!

I couldn't have said it any better !!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Thank you Zamini for that kind of reply, religion is a method to enslave us.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Could i just say, especially to the moderator, this thread has made ATS lose a lot of credibility in my eyes. I used to think that ATS was the dogs b*****ks, but having see this thread continue and continue, im confused and really disappointed.
I still dont understand why its still, still no response from the OPs first post, Or did i miss it and he came back? I dont think so.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thank you Zamini for that kind of reply, religion is a method to enslave us.

Indeed. And while I enjoy the secularism in the place I live in, giving me the right to question any religion here, I always, always imagine the impossibilities and hardships the bright people in my country of birth must feel. They have no right to criticize Islam in Iran, even though it is not even part of our own culture, and the masses there are not secularist Muslims, they are indoctrinated Muslims....I hope one day this changes when this Islamic regime is "wiped off the face of the earth" to use someones words against him and I hope one day the Iranians inside of Iran will be able to offer what they have to the rest of the world, because it is a lot.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

So your saying the mods should close this thread? On what basis? Jeez most here are big on freedom of speech but when someone defends Islam we all seem to want their threads closed. Deny Ignorance is our moto not Deny Freedom of Speech.

If I saw Chrisians doing the same I would be all for it, luckily they aren't being attacked and labled extremists. The only reason this thread should be closed if it turned to an all out ad-hominem attack match. From what I see, it hasn't broken the T&C's.

So it appears your fine with people expressing their opinion, but when it conflicts with your there thread should be closed. I hope you don't become the president.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just want to say i thought your post and what you said was a real eye opener and i for one thank you for your words.... I am English and on television over here, in newspapers and on the radio ALL we are shown and told about your country (religion too) is that it is hate filled and every muslim would without a second thought offer themselves as a suicide bomber in the name of Allah, wouldnt matter if it was men, women or children they killed, the higher the number of deaths the better!! You are seen as terrorists crazy on religion and hatred of the western world...... We are shown the worst of your country just as you are shown the worst of England and America....... the powers that be decide what we see and hear and what we don't........manipulation, conspiracy and cover up!!....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

So your saying the mods should close this thread? On what basis? Jeez most here are big on freedom of speech but when someone defends Islam we all seem to want their threads closed. Deny Ignorance is our moto not Deny Freedom of Speech.

If I saw Chrisians doing the same I would be all for it, luckily they aren't being attacked and labled extremists. The only reason this thread should be closed if it turned to an all out ad-hominem attack match. From what I see, it hasn't broken the T&C's.

So it appears your fine with people expressing their opinion, but when it conflicts with your there thread should be closed. I hope you don't become the president.

Man your so way off the mark here. Where did i say that i didnt agree with the OPs message?f. Show me please cos you ob vously made a judgement on my beliefs with very little evidence..
I can see your quite a new member, and my issue was that ive seen threads closed because of the criteria displayed I here, one being the OP has not shown up since his OP,Surely it cannot be healthy do have a huge discussion about an issue when the instigator has left? I mean, this is meant to be a discussion forum, RIght?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Where did i say that i didnt agree with the OPs message?

So, for the record... where do you stand with the OP's message?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow 25 pages of philosophy and so very few of saying hello and welcome to ATS

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Where did i say that i didnt agree with the OPs message?

So, for the record... where do you stand with the OP's message?

Where do i stand? i believe there is something very awry going on in the world today. I believe the middle east has been targetted unfairly by the usa and us, i think there is so much more to this middle eastern crisis than we are lead to believe. In other words in asking "WHO IS ACTUALLY THE BADDY HERE". I believe that bad people exist in all compartments of society,
As for the message, it appears to be honest and heart felt initially, and i think i even gave him one of the original greetings,however my issue was that he has completely abandoned the thread. Ok, you could say that he has trouble getting an internet connection ( a thought he put in our heads by the way) but im sorry this has gone on far far to long.
As i said ive seen threads with far more expericied and bright ATS members being contributing being close,
That was my issue not the OPs message;
best wishes. Im leaving the thread now with no plans to return. No point flogging a dead horse;

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Can you point to me where in the T&C's does it state the OP must continue the discussion after posting his/her thread?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
As a person living in America, I see alot of what you talked about and i aggree with you for the most part.

Hate and racism is a powerful tool used to fight wars.

I have seen friends join the marines and come back with so much hatred for any muslim regarding them as sub-human and deserving to all die.

I feel bad for their mis-guided souls and i belive it is possible for them to change their hateful ways because i too once hated all muslims.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I guess when this was in the Introductions forum, the proper response would have been "Welcome". As is, I am minded of dwellers of glass houses who should refrain from tossing stones around.

A curious side note:

How is it the OP has been allowed to start a new thread topic when he has not made the twenty post minimum required of everyone else who joins? And did so by misuse of the Introductions forum?

To wit, a quote from Super Mod Mirthful Me:

"The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed."

To be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Re-location of a busted intro thread circumvents the intent and procedures of the Introductions thread and the rules of the road posted by Mirthful.

As of this date and time, the OP has 1 post and 1 topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-7-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

edit on 7-7-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: More link

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I said i wasnt gonna come back but i have to back up the poster aboves opinion. The moderator Mirthful says that any thread started in the intro forum that is a topic thread will be closed. I say this was very much a topic thread. This thread has now been moved to middle east issues forum.
Would someone like to tell me how this thread was SO not an "about me" thread, but a topic thread purposely created to start a heated discussion with regards to islam.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I totally agree with both of you. I was the very first one to reply when it was indeed in the Introduction Board.

Well since this is an introduction board, I will only say...

Welcome to ATS !

Hope you enjoy.

Then for some reason, a decision was taken to move it. I would think that it must have been a staff decision (meaning not just one mod) and I also think that they must have had good reasons to move it.

BUT...

Even if it has been a very popular thread, (for very obvious reasons), the fact remains that it's a dead end. Only Hussein knows the exact motivation behind his post and as I see it now, it is very unlikely that he will return. My personal opinion is that he's made a fantastic troll thread but it's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Since it has been asked a few times to either close or trash the thread and nothing has happened - and again I am sure that the staff have their reasons - I would recommend we just avoid it. Let it die its good death...

From this point on, this is what I'm gonna do.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join