It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Hugo Chavez on his Death Bed?

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Is Hugo Chavez on his Death Bed?


online.wsj.com

CARACAS—Venezuela's voluble and ubiquitous President Hugo Chávez hasn't returned to the public eye after a surgery in Cuba that has friends and foes alike speculating about the state of his health and the future of his rule.

Mr. Chávez has been in Cuba since June 8, when he was felled by a pelvic abscess for which he underwent an operation two days later. Soon after, Venezuelan officials said the flamboyant leader was in good health but would recuperate in Havana for a "few days."
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Those few days have stretched to 11, punctuated by false alarms over the date of his return. On Monday, a ruling party lawmaker said Mr. Chávez was hours from touching down in Caracas and urged his supporters to prepare a "tremendous" welcome for him. The claim was quickly refuted on the Twitter account of Venezuela's Communications Minister Andres Izarra.

-----------

Imagine how dreadful medical care must be in Venezuela if Chavez has to go to a hellhole like Cuba to have surgery. Even top Cuban officials go to Europe for anything outside of routine surgery but Cuba, being a closed society, does have the advantage of keeping a tight reign on information regarding Chavez's health.

If Chavez is dead, or near dead, Venezuela will still be a wrecked country. He has installed loyal cadres in the courts and the armed forces and forced much of the opposition out of the country.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Interesting, thank you for this thread I would not have heard a thing about it otherwise. Couldn't someone get Sean Penn or Danny Glover to give the man a call and find out? There must be others that have known him that can confirm I would think.

At any rate, I will check in on this thread, it has been some time since this thorn has been in the press and I had completely forgotten about him.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I surely hope this is not true, his eternal vigilance against U.S corruption is an example to us all, i rest easy at night knowing champions of democracy such as he are safegaurding my freedoms from the likes of U.S corporations.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike
 


Cubans have a higher life expectancy and lower infant mortality rate than the USA. Despite a trade embargo and being a third world socialist country they still manage to be just as healthy as the 'richest country in the world'. Given that they have the highest life expectency in the region it's really no surprise that Chavez opted to have his surgery there.

Chavez and Castro have long been a nightmare for the US and it's allies given their open opposition to many of our more clandestine and questionable policies and practices. People imagine these countries to be stuck in the dark ages for some reason, whilst they are extremely poor as they always have been, they aren't hellholes, at least not compared to how they were before.

edit on 22-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred
 


Yeah Cuba's healthcare is top notch, even better than the US in many respects...mostly because its socialized and you dont have to pay much or at all. Sounds like the OP reads too much Readers Digest and CNN scrolling title bars both of which HATE huge chavez and fidel castro.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred
 


Shhhhhhhh

Its talk like that that will get you reported to Mr McCarthy!!.

I FOUND HIM EVERYONE!, HERES THE COMMIE!!!!NOT ME, NOPE NOPE BUT THIS MAN HERE!!!!! HE WAS THE ONE HIDING UNDER YOU BED!!!! IVE FOUND THE RED SCARE RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!

GO TEAM U.S.A!!!!!!!!!



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I pony up for tulips.

Who wants to go in on it with me?

Seriously, wouldn't THAT be a hoot?



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
I surely hope this is not true, his eternal vigilance against U.S corruption is an example to us all, i rest easy at night knowing champions of democracy such as he are safegaurding my freedoms from the likes of U.S corporations.


Thats a joke right?

You ever wonder why the Venezuelan national oil company PDVSA put a halt to independent audits of it operations in 2004? A champion of democracy and and anit-corruption indeed!



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze
 



champions of democracy such as he


??????

Second line of ?????



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage
 



Couldn't someone get Sean Penn or Danny Glover to give the man a call and find out?


Ver ver funny!
You can add Jimmy Carter or Harry Belafonte to the list.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by SirMike
 


Cubans have a higher life expectancy and lower infant mortality rate than the USA. Despite a trade embargo and being a third world socialist country they still manage to be just as healthy as the 'richest country in the world'. Given that they have the highest life expectency in the region it's really no surprise that Chavez opted to have his surgery there.
edit on 22-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)


They also lead the region in sucides ... betcha didnt know that.


The problem is that international statistics on infant mortality are helpful in revealing large differences, but when it comes to small differences such as that between Cuba and the United States, often other factors are really behind the numbers.

The primary reason Cuba has a lower infant mortality rate than the United States is that the United States is a world leader in an odd category — the percentage of infants who die on their birthday. In any given year in the United States anywhere from 30-40 percent of infants die before they are even a day old.

Why? Because the United States also easily has the most intensive system of
emergency intervention to keep low birth weight and premature infants alive
in the world. The United States is, for example, one of only a handful countries that keeps detailed statistics on early fetal mortality — the survival rate of infants who are born as early as the 20th week of gestation.

How does this skew the statistics? Because in the United States if an infant is born weighing only 400 grams and not breathing, a doctor will likely spend lot of time and money trying to revive that infant. If the infant does not survive — and the mortality rate for such infants is in excess of 50 percent — that sequence of events will be recorded as a live birth and then a death



edit on 22-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I really hope the US had something to do with his demise.

We are very crafty like that!



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Those few days have stretched to 11, punctuated by false alarms over the date of his return. On Monday, a ruling party lawmaker said Mr. Chávez was hours from touching down in Caracas and urged his supporters to prepare a "tremendous" welcome for him. The claim was quickly refuted on the Twitter account of Venezuela's Communications Minister Andres Izarra.

-----------

Imagine how dreadful medical care must be in Venezuela if Chavez has to go to a hellhole like Cuba to have surgery. Even top Cuban officials go to Europe for anything outside of routine surgery but Cuba, being a closed society, does have the advantage of keeping a tight reign on information regarding Chavez's health.

If Chavez is dead, or near dead, Venezuela will still be a wrecked country. He has installed loyal cadres in the courts and the armed forces and forced much of the opposition out of the country.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)


You are kidding right? Cuba has some of the best medical services in the world (best in Latin America without a doubt). They may not be rich, but you can't knock them on health care which is probably their strongest area.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I really hope the US had something to do with his demise.

We are very crafty like that!


You also better hope that if they did, that there will never be any way to prove that.




posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
went to cuba for healthcare?

must have watched michael moores "movie".

i wont shed a tear if thats true.

1 less tyrant in the world is a good day

edit on 22-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   


I suggest the OP watches this. It might give you some perspective. You might learn something. Chavez is painted as a boogeyman because he opposes the United States and it's insidious interests.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I dont think Hugo Chavez is on his Death Bed thats what the western imperialistic mainstream news outlets have said the same thing about Castro.


When your a journalist, writer you will do anything to gain money in a western news press agency, including by creating fake news headlines.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
People should watch the documentary South of the Border directed by Oliver Stone. It might give you a different perspective on Latin American countries and their leaders.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike
 


Nope and failing to submit its financial results with the US Securities and Exchange Commission is not really evidence enough of some corrupt machivelian conspiracy at work, at least not for me anway. Considerin what Citgo, Venuezualas U.S subsidiary does for America, i thought Americans would like him more. Why is it you dont like him?

news.bbc.co.uk...



new topics




 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join