It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hugo Chavez on his Death Bed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How many times you've been to Venezuela?
if you know that country well, then I'm sure you do not know anyone who belongs to the "so called lower classes.
Chavez has done very much for these people. If your government would do only half as much, the States wouldn't be in such a bad situation now.

As to Cuban healthcare: one of the best of the world. In every Caribbean nation people choose the Cuban doctors over the not Cubans. We prefer waiting in line for a consult with a Cuban doctor, rather than go to a Dutch, American or whatever doctor. They are very very good.
If we have to undergo an operation which is paid for by the insurance when done on our own island, we prefer to go to Cuba and pay for it. If we have the money of course.

If Chavez really is dying, it would be a great loss for Venezuela

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by SirMike

Nope and failing to submit its financial results with the US Securities and Exchange Commission is not really evidence enough of some corrupt machivelian conspiracy at work, at least not for me anway. Considerin what Citgo, Venuezualas U.S subsidiary does for America, i thought Americans would like him more. Why is it you dont like him?

news.bbc.co.uk...

PDVSA used to submit to an external independent audit and report the results back to the Venezuelan parliament and the Ministry of Energy and Mines. Its always nice to know that your production numbers jive with sales numbers. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to explain why they no longer do this: corruption.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Liked your reply, I haven't just visited Venezuela, I lived there for nearly 15 years. Like you I know he is good for Venezuela. I have personally met him on a number of occasions. The health care in Cuba is excellent.
He sees what we see. He is not against the U.S. or any other country. He is against organisations/ people who try to manipulate, use, coherse and make us gretaer slaves than we already are. He wants his people to be free and self substaining. He does not want to rely on external banks bringing his people into greater debt. Is this a bad thing?. We in the UK, USA and other parts of the world could learn a lot from him.
Peace and Love

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacefulwarrior3
reply to post by notsosunny

Liked your reply, I haven't just visited Venezuela, I lived there for nearly 15 years. Like you I know he is good for Venezuela. I have personally met him on a number of occasions. The health care in Cuba is excellent.
He sees what we see. He is not against the U.S. or any other country. He is against organisations/ people who try to manipulate, use, coherse and make us gretaer slaves than we already are. He wants his people to be free and self substaining. He does not want to rely on external banks bringing his people into greater debt. Is this a bad thing?. We in the UK, USA and other parts of the world could learn a lot from him.
Peace and Love

Lol, yes, peace and love, that's why i can't really write what i think about him because now if we talk # about Chavez or his politics we go to jail.

Well, if you want to learn about it, addopt him so we can live in peace.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

Lol, yes, peace and love, that's why i can't really write what i think about him because now if we talk # about Chavez or his politics we go to jail. Well, if you want to learn about it, addopt him so we can live in peace.

because now if we talk # about Chavez or his politics we go to jail

but that is the same in canada and america, in the case in canada recently a Senate pager managed to stand just metres away from the prime minister with a sign saying “Stop Harper” during the government’s throne speech in Ottawa.

And what happened to her? her future as working as a senate pager is over she will be banned for having another government job again,

Canadian loss of freedom of speech

You go on claiming people get arrested for speaking about Chavez or his politics i have to ask you how well you know the country or its politics?

As for these people getting arrested by Chavez they are nothing more then power hungry
just like obama becoming a Caesar by ignoring the countries laws, and its constitution putting militia groups into prisons for no reason at all only seeing them as a threat to him and the hidden elites.

So MonteroReal wheres the peace and love in america and canada? the only peace we have is a fake peace.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Imagine how dreadful medical care must be in Venezuela if Chavez has to go to a hellhole like Cuba to have surgery. Even top Cuban officials go to Europe for anything outside of routine surgery but Cuba, being a closed society, does have the advantage of keeping a tight reign on information regarding Chavez's health.

Cuba has managed to get it's health care right. I am not of supporter of the Cuban regime, but even I will acknowledge that they have a good health care system in place. I don't remember Fidel Castro going to Europe for treatment though I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just read that there are rumors that Hugo Chavez is dead. Supposedly in Havana, for surgery, and now someone is tweeting that an area near Havana is shut down in all telecommunications because 2 methodist church pastors have let the cat out of the bag that he is dead.

twitter.com...#!/yoanisanchez

Time will tell very quickly if this is true.

The ramifications could be large on the stock market if this is true.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I read yesterday that his family made an emergency flight to Cuba. Apparently, cancer?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by SunnyDee

I read yesterday that his family made an emergency flight to Cuba. Apparently, cancer?

Yeah just looking into this right now. People are speculating prostate cancer. Couple of twitters that he's dead, but no official confirmation. If he is, I think this will be another chink in the chain that is around the neck of the regular people and pulling them(us) under. First off, gas prices will most likely spike since we get a good amount of our oil from Venezuela, secondly, Venezuela will be ripe for a take-over, a coup...which could lead to another invasion.....this would be a big deal.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just saw Fox News reporting on the rumors of Chavez's health and if he is alive. Was on the bottom of the screen.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Those few days have stretched to 11, punctuated by false alarms over the date of his return. On Monday, a ruling party lawmaker said Mr. Chávez was hours from touching down in Caracas and urged his supporters to prepare a "tremendous" welcome for him. The claim was quickly refuted on the Twitter account of Venezuela's Communications Minister Andres Izarra.

-----------

Imagine how dreadful medical care must be in Venezuela if Chavez has to go to a hellhole like Cuba to have surgery. Even top Cuban officials go to Europe for anything outside of routine surgery but Cuba, being a closed society, does have the advantage of keeping a tight reign on information regarding Chavez's health.

If Chavez is dead, or near dead, Venezuela will still be a wrecked country. He has installed loyal cadres in the courts and the armed forces and forced much of the opposition out of the country.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

Here comes the CIA puppet dictator. Yeah like clockwork.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I hope he is dead
Do you really believe he is good for Venezuela, or even for the rest of Latin America.
Wake up people, I am from Ecuador, and our president is taking the same steps that Chavez has been doing for many years now.
These include take all the power for himself, divide the country and create a lot of tension between social classes, create military tension in the Colombian border, deal with Iran and Rusia just to piss the USA.
My girlfriend is Venezuelan and she saw her best friend die with a bullet in the head in a revolt against Chavez's autocratic dictatorship regimen.
This guy is no good, the crime rate has increased extremely, prices are all over the top, how can anybody think this guy is doing the right thing???

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

You obviosly live in a little box and have no clue about Cuban medicine, you shouldn't post such a thing if u are malinformed

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruthisouthere
I hope he is dead
Do you really believe he is good for Venezuela, or even for the rest of Latin America.
Wake up people, I am from Ecuador, and our president is taking the same steps that Chavez has been doing for many years now.
These include take all the power for himself, divide the country and create a lot of tension between social classes, create military tension in the Colombian border, deal with Iran and Rusia just to piss the USA.
My girlfriend is Venezuelan and she saw her best friend die with a bullet in the head in a revolt against Chavez's autocratic dictatorship regimen.
This guy is no good, the crime rate has increased extremely, prices are all over the top, how can anybody think this guy is doing the right thing???

Well said , I happen to think he is a tool too. Tin pot dictator with some power.
the world need good men and woman like Mother Teresa.Gandhi,Daliyama.
Not puffed up little men like Chavez and Castro
edit on 27-6-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join