It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an "enhanced" TSA pat-down, and I cried..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Okay, being gropped is not a picnic. But, you can change your attitude and consider that you are getting on a safer plane with your kids, and that the people underneath the plan are not going to be exploded over, crashed on, nuked, or EMPed. The world is having dangerous times currently, and these procedures are keeping us all safe. I don't think things will ever go back to what they were pre 911. The population is growing along with jealousies, frustrations, and hatreds. Other options include: drive when you can, take a bus , take a train, or look into chartering your own private plane. Pack less, or ship your pocessions on ahead UPS.

Besides that, after having two kids of my own there aren't too many if any dignities left, after being through the genecological process at the OBYNs office.

I went to France in 2009, my silver horse charm necklace set off their machine. The rude French lady wanted me to set my passport down, I said no, I would hold it up in the air. She said she would pat me down, I said fine, but I was going to pivot to watch my purse, coat, shoes, and luggage so it wouldn't be stolen. France has alot of petty thefts. On the plane ride over from NY someone went through my luggage in the over head bin while I was asleep. Anyways, I got the pat down and used it as my free massage and shook out all my muscles. The lady didn't like it, but I had just gotton off a ten hour flight. Just be glad you don't work for an hourly wage making people mad for a living. I woundn't feel fulfilled as a human that way.
l
edit on 22-6-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2011 by frugal because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am sorry you had to endure that, and sadly that is one of the reason why I wouldn't travel to the USA, which is a shame as I have lots of family, work colleagues and some great friends on that side of the pond.

Having worked with Americans for years, most of whom would (and have) punched Customs officials for less intrusive inspections I am surprised you (meaning Americans) allow this to happen.
edit on 22/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

This has not been going on for decades. Since when have passengers been subjected to pat downs? Since October 2010. I did not alert the detectors in Houston probably because there's are superior to the one's in Norfolk, duh! Also, surgical hardware is made from titanium, I have never set a metal detector off before. This is the FIRST time!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76

This has not been going on for decades. Since when have passengers been subjected to pat downs?

She was subjected to a pat down because she didn't warn the metal detector operator that she had pins in her legs. So when the metal detector went off, she played games by only answering the questions they were asking her, like did she have belt, "Why no I already took it off," acting like she had no idea what could possibly be setting it off.

Only after no other options were available did she announce she had metal pins in her legs.

That is by definition, suspicious. So she has to get searched. That HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR DECADES.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

(The things that were going through my mind!!! I could have screamed at this woman, obscenities, and hateful names!!!!!)

My question is,....Why didn't you?
Didn't want your kids to see you get mad about being groped?
Was it worth it to not get outraged and show your frustration?
If yes, then why have you written this thread?

Why didn't I? Because I was trying to be dignified. I saw the video of the mom pushing her stroller the airport and dumping out the water from the sippy cup, and I was embarrassed for her. I did not want to be that parent.
Did I want my kids to see me mad? I did not want to upset them anymore than what my emotions already were.
Was it worth it to not speak out? Hard to say, I paid for those tickets so I was subject to the search, if necessary. Had I been alone and this happened I probably would have reacted differently. I have a very smart mouth. Still hard to say, but mostly "no".

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

This has not been going on for decades. Since when have passengers been subjected to pat downs?

She was subjected to a pat down because she didn't warn the metal detector operator that she had pins in her legs. So when the metal detector went off, she played games by only answering the questions they were asking her, like did she have belt, "Why no I already took it off," acting like she had no idea what could possibly be setting it off.

Only after no other options were available did she announce she had metal pins in her legs.

That is by definition, suspicious. So she has to get searched. That HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR DECADES.

Oh my gosh, you are so wrong it's ridiculous! I never had a belt on to begin with. I have never had to tell anyone at any airport that I have plates, screws, rods - in both of my legs! It has never, ever been an issue. I have flown to Cancun, Mexico, Corpus Christi, Texas, and Denver, Colorado since my accident and not one time did I alert a metal detector. All of this since 2005. You don't know ME, so there is no way for you to assume how I was acting.

edit on 22-6-2011 by christine76 because: angry post, left out a word, or two..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

I do not see any connection between a TSA pat-down and a trip to my OB-GYN. I mean seriously? I appreciate most of what you said, but that comparison. I pay my Dr. to look after the health of my body and my baby during pregnancy, and after. I do not pay the government to run their hand up my crotch if they see fit to do so.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Originally posted by 2012king
sorry if this offends, but you got searched.... wheres the problem?
if you had been behind somebody who set the alarm off and wasnt properly searched afterwards, who then went on to hijack the flight, who would you be blaming then?
the security on airports have a job to do, and its for a good reason. they cant just take peoples word for it or the airlines would be in chaos. i used to work on a court where we searched people all day and never had any problems. some people didnt like it, but if they refused a search, they were refused entry.
i know you didnt refuse a search and i am sorry if you felt badly done to, but if you dont like the idea of being searched at an airport, dont fly.

Actually if you are scared of terrorists around every corner trying to hijack planes all the time and are willing to sexually assault innocent women and children to satisfy your selfish and childish fears then how about YOU DON'T FLY. Let the big boys and girls do the things that require us to take care of ourselves and our own safety.

Your mentality is what lead to the rise of the 3rd reich and now to the 4th reich in America.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Anonymous Avatar because: (no reason given)

lol, are you serious?
maybe you need to unplug and come back to reality for a while.
anyway, would it please you if there were seperate flights for people who didnt want to be searched? i know which ones i would go on!!!
the sad fact is, there are terrorists willing to take any opportunity to exploit security, wether its on a flight, or entering buildings.
it happens and its a known fact, so to say that security personell are satisfying some sick desire to grope people is absolutly absurd.
when you take a job in security (in the UK anyway) you have to have background checks, criminal checks and all sorts. it is a bit of a joke, but they choose to do that job to keep people safe, not to publicly humiliate them by "groping" as you naively suggested.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Goodness me there are some drama queens in the world arn't there.

Hey ho, such is the strangeness of people and their ways.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Yeah I feel ya,
I say I would behave a certain way, but I think if my daughter who is six was with me I would probably behave myself more than if I were alone. in fact I know I would react more aggressively alone than with my kid present.

I guess what pissed me off the most was when your kid is sitting in the stroller without being strapped in, and I seriously doubt they will let you fix that before they give you a once over. My daughter climbed up her stroller when she was that age and it flipped and she hit her face on the floor. I think if I were prevented from keeping my kid safe by a thug I would F*** them up pretty bad, and I dont care about the politics afterward.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by wildoracle13
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree with you but on the same hand, if we choose to not fly it means we are reliquishing our rights to fly. They win. I see why she wanted to stay in the public eye, everyone needs to see and understand what is required by the airlines to be on a plane. This isn't something we should agree to behind closed doors. If this procedure is so invasive that it needs to be hidden from the public maybe it's crossing a line. And I don't see how boycotting by a few anti-TSAers is going to change or effect one thing. We need to continue to live as free citizens as long as possible because I don't see it lasting very long.

It's not invasive and it's a procedure that's been used since people have been wearing clothes for any number of reasons. Takes less than 20 seconds and it's done for a specific purpose of preventing unwanted things from happening. It's purpose is not to get a free sqeeze in on your breast or genitles and if you can't handle this then how do these people put up with physicals from the doctor?

I've been patted down before and just throw out your arms, let them work, and move on. Ever watch cops? Every person on that show is getting patted down and it's just part of a quick search or does that mean that every cop only became an officer so he could get quick feels in.

A little common sense is a good thing

No, you missed the point entirely. Those dudes getting the pat down on cops are in trouble or there's reasonable suspicion, cops are just randomly feeling your goody bits (at least we hope.) TSA is. Randomly. Babies, 90 year old grandmothers, you name it. And, when you go for a physical you are hoping the doctor isn't randomly feeling you up, you are getting a damn physical because you WANT to. Will you still be flying when they discover that terrorists are using their anus to transport weapons on planes? Draw the line somewhere man. Don't wait until you have no rights to do it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
I respect that you did not enjoy this, but i do believe that you had exaggerated the perception of what was happening, a 9 year old is capable of holding a child down if asked to do so, no contingencies were met by you to keep what had happened from happening ( by that I only mean your child touching you, not the metal plates). You were even asked if you needed a private room, you could've started a conversation with the woman who was patting you down while it was happening and had found her possibly quite personable. things could have gone in a very positive way despite the the negativity that is the TSA conspiracy.
edit on 22-6-2011 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

Are you serious? Somebody is feeling up your groin and you want to start a conversation? What about the freedom not to be molested by your government? If somebody walked up to you on the street and did that to you, you could have them arrested. This is a crying shame. Welcome to AMERIKA!
edit on 22-6-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Exactly my Wise Friend China the New U.S.A

WAR IS PEACE
STRENGTH IS IGNORANCE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

***THE MOTTO OF THE UNITED CORPORATIONS OF AMERICA***

I found this Comment from Info Wars a true reality that has come to the Westernized world

Now all they will need is for Israel to pull one of its full-flags TM attacks on the US to blame on one of it’s proclaimed enemies. Get ready to hear them cry “wolf wolf”. Both they and the brass in USA would gladly sacrifice US lives to appease the gods of war. History bares this out. The boys at the top of the ladder are as traitorous as ever could be, for they are part of a Satanic death-cult. Sickening excuses for humanity. The goyim will fulfill the wishes of their Zionist master cause they know they are just sacrificial-sheep numb-skulls who can’t think for themselves. Your military are brainless robots under remote control — brain washed Zombies, out to proof their inferiority, to the Zionist masters. The masters secretly laugh at their “war-dogs” for being so sheepishly stupid and easy to fool.

Yes and they will implement their full-fledged take-over of all your rights

You will be subjected to pat-downs and x-ray naked body scanners soon coming to a bus and sub-way and/or train transport coming to a city near you.

Its for your own good my Sheeple

The Zionist War masters have finished their plan 911 was the work of the MOSSAD
edit on 22-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wildoracle13

Your right to fly is to buy your own jet, fuel and pilot.

Not what the airline "company" "owes" us Americans.

If the T.S.A actually starts these security check points at bus stops and train/ subways/ trolleys, will you complain that they have hindered your right for ground transportation. No, you simply must need to purchase a vehicle for your self. your right has not been hindered, the transportation companies simply want there passengers and employees in the least danger possible.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

Your post made me think of The Minority Report, and the precog's. I'd hate to see a world where we are punished for crimes that may be committed, but it is headed that way..

Christine, check out this old thread of mine...
Suspect Detection Systems
One of the creeps behind those systems actually made a reference to that film, and that technology is starting to spill over into the private sector. Groping people's crotches is one aspect of an alarming trend towards Orwellian reality, but it seems to me that handing over the security of our nation's airports and transportation hubs to former IDF and Mossad goons should be completely unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
lol, are you serious?
maybe you need to unplug and come back to reality for a while.
anyway, would it please you if there were seperate flights for people who didnt want to be searched? i know which ones i would go on!!!
the sad fact is, there are terrorists willing to take any opportunity to exploit security, wether its on a flight, or entering buildings.
it happens and its a known fact, so to say that security personell are satisfying some sick desire to grope people is absolutly absurd.
when you take a job in security (in the UK anyway) you have to have background checks, criminal checks and all sorts. it is a bit of a joke, but they choose to do that job to keep people safe, not to publicly humiliate them by "groping" as you naively suggested.

Let me explain this as clearly and simply as possible. The TSA has hired known rapists and sex offenders. The TSA admits they have caught ZERO terrorists. They also admit that their techniques and equipment would not catch the types of threats they were supposedly hire to catch.

To say that terrorists are waiting around every corner for the opportunity to hijack a plane or any other public place is pure mindless drivel.

To violate the privacy and and sanctity of innocent children, women, and men simply because simpletons like you drink the government koolaid and see boogey man everywhere is affront to humanity in general. If you are that scared of the world then stay home and whine to yourself. Again let the big boys and girls of the world who don't need the Government or anyone else to hold their hand and protect them from the very problems they create live their life without it being intruded upon by your childish belief that terrorists are waiting around every corner.

Simply put, grow up and get a grip. The only terrorists I can see are the ones who pass and enforce these draconian laws while robbing us blind of our finances. Those people at least know what they are doing and willingly lie about it. What is sad is the people like you who believe the lie and will let others suffer for your ignorance.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I expected to come in here and read about a horrible experience where you got cavity searched and humiliated...you are definitely overreacting...these type of minor pat downs are done everywhere...at events, night clubs, anywhere that there is a fear of people bringing in unwanted items...come on!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
I respect that you did not enjoy this, but i do believe that you had exaggerated the perception of what was happening, a 9 year old is capable of holding a child down if asked to do so, no contingencies were met by you to keep what had happened from happening ( by that I only mean your child touching you, not the metal plates). You were even asked if you needed a private room, you could've started a conversation with the woman who was patting you down while it was happening and had found her possibly quite personable. things could have gone in a very positive way despite the the negativity that is the TSA conspiracy.

This is the most absurd and far reaching attempt of "rationalizing" that I have ever seen...

next thing you will be preaching is how that woman who got raped could have a much better time if she was screaming "YES"!!! "YES!!! " instead of "NO!!!" "NO!!!"

you have absolutely got to be kidding me with that psychotic anti-social rational you came up with to put the "issue" back on her....

seriously...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
TSA is an absolute waste of taxpayer dollars. There are a million other things that I am more likely to be killed by than a terrorist attack. So terrorism isn't my main concern when I am driving, flying or just walking down the block. TSA and friends are just a bunch of low skilled government employees, that's all they are.
The truth is that not all of us can opt out of flying. Many businesses depend on airliners. The airliners themselves are a private industry that have been infringed on by Homeland Security. What I see here is a Weimer Republic in the making. People are being conditioned to accept these unecessary provisions. If people don't make a fuss about it now...before you know there will be mandatory strip searches at airports. It's a slippery slope indeed.
edit on 22-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Sorry to read of your experience.

I have read some replies that you were over dramatic. I think what people need to realise is that some people are more sensitive than others. It affected the OP this way and that is her reaction to it. So it is obviously having an adverse effect on some if not a wide proportion of people that have to go through it. To the OP and many others it IS intimidating.

I get stopped every time going through any international customs just because of my appearance. Afterwards I always feel really stressed and getting on the plane after being put through being stripped down to your boxers is very hard as flying can be stressfull enough.

But then you do get priority treatment marched ahead of the crowd as your guard gets your passport stamped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join