It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an "enhanced" TSA pat-down, and I cried..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The TSA did do those things, (expose a woman's breast in public because of implants, stick their hands into the diaper of several people, routinely humiliate those with medical implants) and as an aware person, she probably knew that those things DID happen. They have been in the news.

It is knowing what they have done in the past, what they are capable of that drives us Wuss' into anxiety attacks over a representative of our current government deciding to fondle us on what seems to us like an unjustified whim. Some of you macho men may not understand that not everyone can remain stoic. Some of us are so terrified of our government agents that just them saying they want to touch our genitals make us say ok, and cry like pitiful Roman slaves at the hands of their masters.

Probably makes the people in the government who long for Chinese like control over us very very happy.

Sometimes people HAVE to do things in life that terrify us, like facing a bully or thug in order to see our family members across the country. I certainly can relate to her anxiety.

For those of you who can't. Well, our society has succeeded in convincing you that Big Sis knows best and empathy is for the weak and wussy. For those of you who think it is necessary to treat millions of people like Roman slaves who must strip whenever asked by their masters, I feel sorry for you. Once we quit caring for others, we revert to a Hitlerian society and mindset that those who are weak are to be made fun of and deserve bullying or worse.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Thank you for your reply. It really made me feel better after wading through some negativity. When I started this thread I didn't really think there would be so many hateful & insulting replies.. Those are the same type people who will be kicking down doors and robbing food from babies mouths, instead of banding together and helping their neighbors, IF there were a teotwawki situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Once we quit caring for others, we revert to a Hitlerian society and mindset that those who are weak are to be made fun of and deserve bullying or worse.

A person who conforms and settles for something that he/she dislikes is... *sigh* meh... I can't stand those people. If you don't like it, do whatever necessary to stop that. Don't stand there crying like a baby and taking it.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Are you serious? Like.......really serious? Typical manifesto of the sheep " oh it's what you make of it ya know!" I intend no offense....but really! Come on! Why are you even on ATS if you're okay with all of this? (serious question btw, not personal attack) I can honestly say that if some asshole tries to give me the "special pat down" before I get on a bus or a train, I'll bloody deck him. Probably wouldn't work out too well for me in the end but that is what my reaction would be. Yay for anger problems!!!!!!

edit on 22/6/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well... add it to the reasons I don't fly, I don't go to sporting events, and I don't go the the mall.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I take it you don't have children. She had her little ones with her. For her to cause a huge scene with them there would not have been good for the kids and she probably would have been arrested. I think what she did was the best way to go about that particular scenario. By not going into the room, she thwarted their attempts to keep the frisking out of sight and out of mind by having it done in front of everyone. Maybe she even opened the eyes of some fellow travellers. Who knows? You have no right to criticize others until you, yourself have been in their shoes.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Jepic

I take it you don't have children. She had her little ones with her. For her to cause a huge scene with them there would not have been good for the kids and she probably would have been arrested. I think what she did was the best way to go about that particular scenario. By not going into the room, she thwarted their attempts to keep the frisking out of sight and out of mind by having it done in front of everyone. Maybe she even opened the eyes of some fellow travellers. Who knows? You have no right to criticize others until you, yourself have been in their shoes.

A scene? Oh no! The game is simple. Let this be a lesson to all kids. If you consider something as going too far, get the game on.

Besides that would have been an excellent example and lesson from her towards her children. It would have taught them to have some respect for their bodies, not to take it and to basically not let yourself get f***** with...

And what she should have said if she was uncomfortable with her children watching a potential scene is to tell one of the agents to take them to that private room until they are finished with her pat-down.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You're taking it out of context. Who would it have benefitted if she had been arrested? Definitely not the kids. You're letting rebellious ideas get in the way of common freaking sense buddy. Now, if it were me on the other hand....I don't have any kids........hint hint

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by christine76

First of all, thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. Star and Flag.

I have a couple of questions for you though. Please do not take any of the following the wrong way.

But you mentioned feeling anxiety for weeks in advance due to the TSA methods. Why did you not boycott the airlines? I understand the world cannot stop turning over this madness but why did you not protest via your pocketbook?

Then in your OP, although you are crying and angry, you mention three times you responded with 'Fine' or 'Okay.' I understand once you are selected for search that you cannot leave without facing fines or arrest (which is another rant for me in and of itself lol). But it all goes back to the fact we put ourselves in that position to begin with KNOWING this could happen.

Nothing will ever change if we say 'Fine, Okay' through tear filled eyes. Nothing will ever change if we feel anxiety in our gut for weeks ahead of the trip but we go anyways.

We're angry, our rights are being violated, we're getting molested, we're anxious. But as long as we just say 'Fine, Okay.' it will only get worse. We have to boycott this madness even at our own inconvenience.

Thanks again for sharing your story. I hope I don't get flamed for this. Just wanted to say we're all crying about this yet still go along with it through our anxiety, anger, and tear filled eyes.
edit on 6/22/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

I agree to a point although I think the problem is that we are all mind controlled in some form or another, sometimes its more subtle sometimes more overt. Here at ATS we pride ourselves on being awake and to a certain extent "free" from programming, yet if put in the same position many of us would choose to act in just the same way as the op, she wanted to see her sister in law, she felt the most convinient way or the only option available was to fly, on return she was put in a demeaning situation where the option was to either put up with the assault or make a fuss and either end up in jail or be seperated from her children or worse, remember whether it was right to buy the airfare or not she could not take it back once the drone started groping her and how many of us can afford the option of travelling across the country by car instead of fly its not as if we expect to get assaulted when all we want to do is visit someone.
I actually think the op was very brave for not allowing the drones to hide their actions behind closed doors, if she had agreed to go into the room then the drones actions would not have been witnessed by everyone else thus making it clear that it is the drone in the wrong for all to see rather than the op, and then alone in a room the drone may have even done worse to the poor women.
What I find most disgusting about this story is that a mother on her own with her young children was being molested by the scum that is TSA, her own children were also subjected to this molestation and yet no-one in that line spoke up on her behalf, why is this?
I would like to think that if I found myself in line at an airport or mall or whatever and someone was being abused in this fashion that I would step out of the line and come to their defense, but would I really? Would I be brave enough to waste money on that air fare, risk incarceration, or have my children taken off me, for the sake of a stranger?
And therein lies the issue, we have been conditioned to take the path of least resistence, to veiw one another as seperate (strangers) rather than as the family we are, and again we are under varying degrees of mind control; Take the op, she was being assaulted, her children were being assaulted and all she could do was cry and think swear words in her mind (note that I am not attacking you op, or trying to embarrass you more or make you feel worse, note that I feel you were very brave under unimaginable circumstances), yet she could not voice those swear words nor was she physically able to defend herself or her children (through no fault of her own) and most of us would be the same;
instead of growing and raising our own food we buy grocery store food (path of least resistance)
instead of building our own houses or huts we allow TPTB to herd us into cities where we rent or get someone else to build our homes (path of least resistance)
instead of walking we drive or bus or fly (path of least resistance)
instead of making our own laws we allow old greedy men in suits to make our laws (path of least resistance)
instead of saying f### off you f###ing perv (when faced with these drones) and causing an uproar we say "ok" through our tears (path of least resistance)
Its not because we are cowards or whatever, its because we have been socially conditioned to act in this way. TPTB are masters of psychological warfare, they know the human brain and they know history and they know that we will put up with this and worse.
So dont be hating on the op. she took the only path that was available to her, and when you are in the moment there is no other path, the people you should be ragging on are those who watched it all yet said nothing, she had small children there would have been men in that line without children why did they not speak up? They are the ones who should have been ashamed, not the op.
The only way to put an end to this nightmare is if we collectively CHOOSE to not walk the paths that TPTB have laid out for us, it means taking the paths least travelled, the paths of resistance.
But I bet we wont.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Good! Even better! Hell you know what? I'D TAKE IT TO COURT. Let's be a leader to yourself and to your kids. You know those few people that you praise for taking action against something? She would have been one of those few. A true leader and defender of what she believes in.

Besides they have nothing... You defended yourself against an abusive move by the TSA pig...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Man if you think none of us will speak up just wait. If I ever have to fly and I'm ever in line with a mother and her children being harassed by TSA(or equivalent agencies) you bet your ass I'm gonna be sounding off.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Problem with that is trials require lawyers. Good lawyers are expensive and you can bet your ass that TSA has some VERY GOOD lawyers waiting to back it up. Sure she could fight it in court, but she'd probably go bankrupt in the process. It doesn't matter if their case can't hold water, they'll delay the proceedings until the funds dry up on the plaintiff's side. Again.....common sense. (Not so common any more I guess...no offence intended)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
A scene? Oh no! The game is simple. Let this be a lesson to all kids. If you consider something as going too far, get the game on.

Besides that would have been an excellent example and lesson from her towards her children. It would have taught them to have some respect for their bodies, not to take it and to basically not let yourself get f***** with...

And what she should have said if she was uncomfortable with her children watching a potential scene is to tell one of the agents to take them to that private room until they are finished with her pat-down.

For crying out loud, have you not read the horror stories of foster care? Had she been arrested her children would have been immediatly put into a foster care home, I dont know if she has a partner but if so it would take him ages to get the children back, if she does not have a partner then it would be even harder for her to get them back. It doesnt matter what country you live in once the empire has a hold on your children they dont give them up easy, sometimes never at all.
The op was brave to the best of her ability, she refused to let the drone hide the assault and for that the op should be commended. Its her childless fellow travellers that should of stood up to the plate and been a good example to her children on what community and human love and compassion is about, but they did not and that is what should be bothering you!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Problem with that is trials require lawyers. Good lawyers are expensive and you can bet your ass that TSA has some VERY GOOD lawyers waiting to back it up. Sure she could fight it in court, but she'd probably go bankrupt in the process. It doesn't matter if their case can't hold water, they'll delay the proceedings until the funds dry up on the plaintiff's side. Again.....common sense. (Not so common any more I guess...no offence intended)

Then you go bankrupt damn it! And like I said. The trial will be over quicker than you can say TSA even with them having the best lawyer in the planet because the incident is simple; the TSA agent stepped over the line and crossed into the abusive zone. Game over.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

For crying out loud, have you not read the horror stories of foster care? Had she been arrested her children would have been immediatly put into a foster care home, I dont know if she has a partner but if so it would take him ages to get the children back, if she does not have a partner then it would be even harder for her to get them back. It doesnt matter what country you live in once the empire has a hold on your children they dont give them up easy, sometimes never at all.
The op was brave to the best of her ability, she refused to let the drone hide the assault and for that the op should be commended. Its her childless fellow travellers that should of stood up to the plate and been a good example to her children on what community and human love and compassion is about, but they did not and that is what should be bothering you!

Uhm hello! It's not up to other people to come to the rescue. It's up to you.
And off they go to foster care then...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Rhebefree

Man if you think none of us will speak up just wait. If I ever have to fly and I'm ever in line with a mother and her children being harassed by TSA(or equivalent agencies) you bet your ass I'm gonna be sounding off.

YAY! Glad to hear it, and I too am going to toughen up and become brave, if anything good has come of the experiance of the op its that it has made me question my own courage and the lengths I am willing to go to for others, let us all remember this story and promise ourselves to stand up to injustice whenever we can!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin
I guess everyone experiences things differently. My fiance and I flew about a month ago and somehow she NEVER had to be groped nor put through the new scanners. I got lucky on the flight out, but on the way home I got chosen to be in the scanner. I don't know what everyone's problem is, these scanners take a half-second to work so can't be too bad....

Not so bad if you dont mind cancer in the future i guess...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You all do realize that when you buy your ticket and enter the screening area you have agreed to the security measures.. dont you??

www.techdirt.com...

The "dont touch my junk" or Im suing you guy.. what was he told? The TSA supervisor told him, “By buying your ticket you gave up a lot of rights..."

“What he’s done, he’s violated federal law and federal regulations which states once you enter and start the process you have to complete it,” TSA’s San Diego security director told the Fox 5 News.

www.wired.com...

If youre going to argue how tough youre "gunna be when they come an grope yer junk" at the VERY LEAST know the law.. and what you have already agreed to by purchasing the ticket and entering the process.

IN other words.. BOYCOTT IT.. dont fly.. DONT agree to it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

I received a super duper pat down in Atlanta and low and behold TYE dIGGS was in the special area with me. I fell in love. It was worth it to me because well..he is a freaking hottie.

I dont mean to minimize what happened to you. I am sorry you had to go through that. I just wished you got to share a pat down with a hottie. It does make it better.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

Uhm hello! It's not up to other people to come to the rescue. It's up to you.
And off they go to foster care then...

It most certainly is up to other people to do something when they witness injustice!
When you see someone being abused, you go to their aid, you dont hold the "holier than thou attitude" that its their fault! My gads man have you no compassion?
If me and my child were being intimidated and assaulted by some pervert in front of heaps of people, I would hope that someone would have the compassion to atleast say something, instead people like you would avert their eyes and say "oh well, if she wont defend herself then I dont have to"
I bet your the kind of person who spits in the general direction of a woman being abused by her husband arent you?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join