It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an "enhanced" TSA pat-down, and I cried..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
sorry if this offends, but you got searched.... wheres the problem?
if you had been behind somebody who set the alarm off and wasnt properly searched afterwards, who then went on to hijack the flight, who would you be blaming then?
the security on airports have a job to do, and its for a good reason. they cant just take peoples word for it or the airlines would be in chaos. i used to work on a court where we searched people all day and never had any problems. some people didnt like it, but if they refused a search, they were refused entry.
i know you didnt refuse a search and i am sorry if you felt badly done to, but if you dont like the idea of being searched at an airport, dont fly.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

This crap is fascism and meant to be controlling and invasive, and it has to stop. These threads are excellent FOR AWARENESS. Really enjoy them and seeing people sharing their stories and their views on the SS NAZI state, so we can end it now.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree with you but on the same hand, if we choose to not fly it means we are reliquishing our rights to fly. They win. I see why she wanted to stay in the public eye, everyone needs to see and understand what is required by the airlines to be on a plane. This isn't something we should agree to behind closed doors. If this procedure is so invasive that it needs to be hidden from the public maybe it's crossing a line. And I don't see how boycotting by a few anti-TSAers is going to change or effect one thing. We need to continue to live as free citizens as long as possible because I don't see it lasting very long.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
If this procedure is so invasive that it needs to be hidden from the public maybe it's crossing a line.

* MASSIVE APPLAUSE *

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by impaired

This crap is fascism and meant to be controlling and invasive, and it has to stop. These threads are excellent FOR AWARENESS. Really enjoy them and seeing people sharing their stories and their views on the SS NAZI state, so we can end it now.

I agree that a Nazi-state is coming - don't get me wrong.

But kicking and screaming to the TSA themselves and maybe even making threads isn't going to do a damn thing. How many conspiracies are going on or have went on, people knew/know about them, but still do nothing and let it happen? Almost everyone. No one cares, except the Conspiracy Theorists who are already not taken seriously. No one has a chance.

It's not worth the damn fight.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Terrorism works.

That's all.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree with you but on the same hand, if we choose to not fly it means we are reliquishing our rights to fly. They win. I see why she wanted to stay in the public eye, everyone needs to see and understand what is required by the airlines to be on a plane. This isn't something we should agree to behind closed doors. If this procedure is so invasive that it needs to be hidden from the public maybe it's crossing a line. And I don't see how boycotting by a few anti-TSAers is going to change or effect one thing. We need to continue to live as free citizens as long as possible because I don't see it lasting very long.

It's not invasive and it's a procedure that's been used since people have been wearing clothes for any number of reasons. Takes less than 20 seconds and it's done for a specific purpose of preventing unwanted things from happening. It's purpose is not to get a free sqeeze in on your breast or genitles and if you can't handle this then how do these people put up with physicals from the doctor?

I've been patted down before and just throw out your arms, let them work, and move on. Ever watch cops? Every person on that show is getting patted down and it's just part of a quick search or does that mean that every cop only became an officer so he could get quick feels in.

A little common sense is a good thing

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think there are two things here that people who brushing this off are missing, and it happens to be a huge point in the absurdity of the TSA's procedures and policies:

1) If the OP alerted to a particular place on her body, why does she need her entire body felt up? If she alerted on her leg, why do they need to fondle her breasts????

2) If an agent is standing there, and all the child did was touch his mother's finger or hand with his own, and the agent sees this, why does the child then have to have his or her crotch felt up?????

Anyone who does not see a problem with these has some issues, and it's this kind of indifferent obedience that maintains and escalates these unacceptable things that are increasing in our society under the guise of "safety."

The OP says:

It really isn't patting, it's more of a sliding of the hands.

I, too, have been "searched" this way. It was like the person doing to search was getting off on rubbing my crack, orifice, and testicles--and it went on for more time than i thought appropriate, sliding back and forth in my nether-region like an intimate, yet sickening, massage. I can only imagine the horror of a female having to go through this.

I'm sorry you had to go through this Christin76, and i would suggest filing a complaint. Not that it will do anything, but just for the sake of the matter and to create a record. I suggest everyone file complains anytime something happens, just to get it on record and to let them know that we not go too quietly.

This stuff is getting way outta hand..ALL of it, across the board.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

I am not sure where your tangent came from nor am I sure why I would not apply this logic anyone and everyone? The military have explicit oaths to not follow unlawful orders and I see no reason why that should no be upheld.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
sorry if this offends, but you got searched.... wheres the problem?
if you had been behind somebody who set the alarm off and wasnt properly searched afterwards, who then went on to hijack the flight, who would you be blaming then?
the security on airports have a job to do, and its for a good reason. they cant just take peoples word for it or the airlines would be in chaos. i used to work on a court where we searched people all day and never had any problems. some people didnt like it, but if they refused a search, they were refused entry.
i know you didnt refuse a search and i am sorry if you felt badly done to, but if you dont like the idea of being searched at an airport, dont fly.

Actually if you are scared of terrorists around every corner trying to hijack planes all the time and are willing to sexually assault innocent women and children to satisfy your selfish and childish fears then how about YOU DON'T FLY. Let the big boys and girls do the things that require us to take care of ourselves and our own safety.

Your mentality is what lead to the rise of the 3rd reich and now to the 4th reich in America.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Anonymous Avatar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Because in this instance I put seeing my brother's wife in front of my fears. This trip was to bring her comfort while her husband is half a world away. I thought about what my reaction would be, if I was chosen for screening, in the weeks leading up to the trip and I didn't have a plan.
Well, honestly I had this great plan where I was going to protest and everyone was going to say "bravo!" and put me on t.v. But, that is not reality.
I had to take it because I did pay for that ticket and to protest would have placed a huge burden on us getting home. I won't be flying again anytime soon...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Your post made me think of The Minority Report, and the precog's. I'd hate to see a world where we are punished for crimes that may be committed, but it is headed that way..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
You are not keeping up with Texas. Bill 1937 has been added to special legislation and is back up for a vote.

Aside from that, I am very sorry you had to go through that. It sounds cheesy, but if you saw X-Men First Class, it all boiled down to the end between Professor X and Magneto, where it was are those who "just follow orders" innocent or do they bear the burden of guilt?

I am with Magneto on this one. Just following orders is not an excuse to violate and harm another human being. The same goes for the TSA agent. The only exception I would make is for self-defense. In this case not only is it inexcusable it is also blatant violation of multiple laws of our nation.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Anonymous Avatar because: (no reason given)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! This past Monday Gov. Rick Perry approved HB 1937 for the special legislative session. It will now be referred to as HB 41.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, RICK PERRY, Governor of the State of Texas, by the authority vested in me by Article IV, Section 8, and Article III, Section 40, of the Texas Constitution, do hereby present the following subject matter to the Eighty-Second Texas Legislature, First Called Session, for consideration: Legislation relating to prosecution and punishment for the offense of official oppression of persons seeking access to public buildings and transportation. The bill, originally introduced as HB 1937 in the House, will move forward in the special session as HB 41 (SB 29 in the Senate). The Tenth Amendment Center posted news that more than 10 other states can be expected to join in similar legislation in their 2012 sessions; however, because the Texas Legislature won’t meet again until 2013, Lone Star State constitutionalists are urging that it is critical that HB 41 / SB 29 be passed now. They are calling on Governor Perry to give meaning once again to the motto, “Don’t Mess with Texas.”

The New American

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Yeah, what a great idea......and soon everyone will start coming in late for work and employers will started ti get really peeved off..........and start sacking more employees!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
I respect that you did not enjoy this, but i do believe that you had exaggerated the perception of what was happening, a 9 year old is capable of holding a child down if asked to do so, no contingencies were met by you to keep what had happened from happening ( by that I only mean your child touching you, not the metal plates). You were even asked if you needed a private room, you could've started a conversation with the woman who was patting you down while it was happening and had found her possibly quite personable. things could have gone in a very positive way despite the the negativity that is the TSA conspiracy.
edit on 22-6-2011 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

For one, you obviously do not have children, because to even think that an almost two year old boy will be held, or held down, by his brother while mom is standing right in front of him - is ludicrous!

Two, why would I need a private room? That would insinuate that this was something that needed to be hidden. If it needs to be hidden then it shouldn't be going on!!!

Three, I do not have an exaggerated perception, my perception is very real.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Thank you so much for your reply. After reading, that people think I am - dramatic, and possibly mentally unstable, your post was very refreshing. You brought up very valid points that I myself thought were key to the experience; the area of my body that alerted and my son grabbing my finger. There has to be another way. I don't understand how people don't see this as being wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I didn't see what was so wrong, it's not like they stripped you or something. Since this is ATS I forgive you for being melodramatic, since it's the norm here.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76
I seized that opportunity, made eye contact with the agent at the metal detector and pushed my 9 year old in that direction. Phew, we made it through Houston without the radiation nor molestation.

Wait, are you saying you made it through the metal detector in Houston without setting it off? How could that be? You have metal pins and things in your legs.

If that's true, then Houston's metal detectors aren't calibrated correctly, and lord knows what kinds of things they are missing. Major security hole.

As far as your experience, I don't understand the drama. You have pins in your legs, and you didn't tell them until after they became suspicious. You then begin sobbing and crying, which freaked your kid out.

It sounds like the TSA did everything right and correctly. They have to check for stuff when their metal detectors go off - you are acting like this is a new experience for you, but this has been going on for decades.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76

(The things that were going through my mind!!! I could have screamed at this woman, obscenities, and hateful names!!!!!)

My question is,....Why didn't you?
Didn't want your kids to see you get mad about being groped?
Was it worth it to not get outraged and show your frustration?
If yes, then why have you written this thread?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Okay, being gropped is not a picnic. But, you can change your attitude and consider that you are getting on a safer plane with your kids, and that the people underneath the plan are not going to be exploded over, crashed on, nuked, or EMPed. The world is having dangerous times currently, and these procedures are keeping us all safe. I don't think things will ever go back to what they were pre 911. The population is growing along with jealousies, frustrations, and hatreds. Other options include: drive when you can, take a bus , take a train, or look into chartering your own private plane. Pack less, or ship your pocessions on ahead UPS.
Besides that, after having two kids of my own there are too many if any dignities left after being through the genecological process at the OBYNs office.
I went to France in 2009, my silver horse charm necklace set off their machine. The rude French lady wanted me to set my pass port down, I said no I would hold it up in the air. She said she would pat me down, I said fine, but I was pivoting to watch my purse, coat, shoes, and luggage so it wouldn't be stolen. France has alot of petty thefts. On the plane ride over from NY someone went through my luggage in the over head bin while I was asleep. Anyways, I got the pat down and used it as my free massage and shook out all my muscles. The lady didn't like it but I had just gotton off a ten hour flight. Just be glad you don't work for an hourly wage making people mad for a living. I woundn't feel fulfilled as a human that way.
l

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join