It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

and none of the cop haters are willing to understand how the law works and how individual rights work. Instead its 24/7/265 of I hate cops, they are rutal, corrupt and get preferential treatment, yet non one can provide any evidence that all cops have this.

That's because none of the cops realise that what they are doing is wrong. This woman was on her property, the only reason he wanted her to go in was becasue she was filming. She was NOT impeeding him in any way. You think we just have to roll over and do what ever you say, so your jumped up pals can do what ever they like, to who ever they like? THAT is why people hate the police, and that is why I will NEVER have one solitary ounce of respect for the police. You are all too happy to keep chipping away at peoples rights and freedoms. And you will twist any "law" to justify it.

How was this woman in the way, she was not in the way, she was standing in her front yard. This PIG only interacted with her, becasue she was filming him. He had NO right what so ever to tell her to go inside. She was posing NO threat. She had a camera in her hand, not a gun. Police treat everyone as criminals, innocent until proven guilty? That went out of the window long ago.

All Copper Are Bastards. Mainly becasue they have NO respect for the public. They think that they are above the law, and ALL pigs will protect one another when they do wrong. Another reason to absolutly detest the SCUM in the police force. People with no morals, and low IQs. What a great mix. Just keep on following them orders, eye?

***slightly off topic***
I got a question for you copper. Picture, if you will, that what is happening in Lybia, is happening in the USA. You have been told to go and open fire on the public to protect goverment interest. Will you carry out those orders?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Would this woman have been arrested by filming these officers through her front window in the first place,what is the difference if she was on her front lawn with a camera,If the officer saw her from inside her house and was distracted are they allowed to break in the door? so even if she followed the officers order (unlawful order imo) and filmed through her window he would have been equally distracted.

What if she had large breasts and it was distracting to the male officer?

This is how rediculous this is and is sounding to me.

Here is a video of Police umm errr? brutality in the UK.

Warning this video could make your smiling muscles sore.

The part that got me the most was lining up the bikes and after they were gone he gave a certain hand gesture.

(just to show a cop at the far opposite end of the spectrum having a bit of fun)

link   

The moment her actions caused the officer to divert his attention, she is interfering in their duties. The officers duty at that moment was to deal with the focus of the traffic stop. Instead, he had to also deal with this lady, which is by definition interfering with his duties.

She never interfered with their duties. She replied she was just observing from her property. That is within her right. She was never in-between or close to the peace officer and the main suspect.

You can keep making the same argument, but there is absolutely no law or case law that supports your claim based on this type of incident.

The law covers many arias, even how peace officers should conduct their job peacefully.

link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
There is no proof he is a cop.

If a person wanted to damage the reputation of the police, they would do as he is doing now. I do not believe he is law enforcement.

Don't let people pretending to be cops ruin your perception of your local law enforcement officers.

While there is no proof, I believe the person in question is indeed a cop. They are trying to defend their buddies, they want all of us unwashed peons to understand the "terrible burden" they, the noble police officers carry around every day. And if some of our rights have to be trampled on in defense of the state, so be it. This woman's complaint "isn't worth worrying about." She was "in the wrong" for opposing an unlawful command. Hey, cops are exempt from many laws, why not all of them?

Someone I know got pulled over and warned for going 17 mph in a 15 mph. Apparently now it's illegal to not have cruise control. I wonder if he would have gotten pulled over for going 13...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

That's because none of the cops realise that what they are doing is wrong.

Nope.

They know when they are doing something wrong, they just don't care.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Sir, your attitude is remarkably close to a racist, substituting profession for race. This shows you will not listen to reason. A KKK member wont hear that non-whites are people too, you won't hear police aren't all "juiced up pigs"

link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Apparently cops filing false reports is such a common practice that it simply doesn't register on XCathedra's radar.

And apparently asking you to support your claim of perjury is to much to ask since he did not commit perjury. If your going to drop legal terms, please know what they are first. If you make a claim, and someone asks you to provide your proof, it means just that.

Please provide your proof this officer commited perjury.

His unwillingness to acknowledge criminal conduct on the part of a fellow cop puts the lie to his claim to being a good cop himself.

Ah yes, when the legal argument you make fails because you dont know the law, you do the same thing the other people do, and personally attack.

Too funny. Apparently you dont have any proof the pofficer commited perjury.
The officer did not violate any laws either.

If he did, please cite those laws for us and the elenments of each to support your false claim.

Self-delusion is necessary when one lacks the ethics, courage, or whatever is required to enforce the laws upon your colleagues as well as the public, I suppose.

I could attribute the same to you and some others in this thread. Your refusl to understand the law and how it works while making claims against the officer with nothing to support it is the act of an ignorant coward. You are so scared you are wrong, that you fail to provide the evidence to support your claims.

I have provided my sources, where as you have not.

Please provide your sources and show us where the officer broke the law.

Hint: Responding with more peraonl attacks or obfuscation techniques is only going to continue to undermine your argument and reinforce the fact you dont know qhat your talking about. So please try to stay on topic and answer the question.

link   

Originally posted by Observer99

While there is no proof, I believe the person in question is indeed a cop. They are trying to defend their buddies...

Is he though?

Or is he just pissing people off and creating more 'cop-hate'?

Is this something a real cop who truly cares about the reputation of the police would do? Nope.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
All Copper Are Bastards. Mainly becasue they have NO respect for the public. They think that they are above the law, and ALL pigs will protect one another when they do wrong. Another reason to absolutly detest the SCUM in the police force. People with no morals, and low IQs. What a great mix. Just keep on following them orders, eye?

This is just incendiary fallacy, unjustified and unhelpful to this thread.

Police are humans given more power than the rest of us. Many of them abuse that power. I would not trust you, Acidtastic, to be any better-behaved than the average police officer, if you were given police powers. I would not expect the average member of ATS to be any better behaved than the average police officer either. Impugning all police officers is counterproductive.

What is productive is to debate this specific topic, which is the case described and shown on the video (showing clear abuse of power) and also the larger implications of the fact that the U.S. is turning into a police state. Scream about the police state all you want and I'll be right there screaming along with you. We, the average citizens, must protest and speak out against these abuses of power. But stop making unfounded generalizations and anti-police slurs.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Observer99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Xcathdra

xcathedra, would you feel threatened if I filmed you in public? Why dont you make a public appearance and let everyone film you. She was on private property and the officer trespassed
edit on 23-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Well for starters in the entire time ive been doing law enforcement, I have had 2 encounters with cameras that caused an issue. The first was a news reporter who felt she could just walk onto my scene and start taking pictures of an accident. The problem I had is the incident was still under investigation, and she was walking around a crime scene. She forced me to divert my attention to deal with her, and after a friendly suggestion she move to another area, followed up with a louder tone and a threat of an arrest, she complied.

The secone dealt with an indiviudal who was recording me from the middle of the street, which placed the guy in danger and posed a danger to cars coming and going. The guy was more intent on filming and less intent on watching what was going on around him.

I had to move him to the other side of the street, and dealt with him after the fact. I explained to him the issue and how to act next time. Since the guy appologized and listened without proclaiming what he thought his rights were, I let him go with the as chewing.

Aside from thos instances, I have absolutely no issues being recorded by people when I do my job. Contrary to the comments of some people, I am a proponent of the people keeping a mindful eye on the people who work for them, whether it be city council, the courts or the police.

With that being said, if an incident arises where a person is recording me and it forces me to divert my attention, I am not saying I wont take action. Its going to be dependant on whats going on at the time it occurs.

So no, feel free to come record me all you want. Just dont place yourself, the people im dealing with, my fellow officers or myself in danger from not exercising common sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

His unwillingness to acknowledge criminal conduct on the part of a fellow cop puts the lie to his claim to being a good cop himself.

There is no proof he is a cop.

If a person wanted to damage the reputation of the police, they would do as he is doing now. I do not believe he is law enforcement.

Don't let people pretending to be cops ruin your perception of your local law enforcement officers.

Out of curiosity are you evr going to actually participate in any of the threads? To date all I see you do is make assinine comments that dont contriubute anything to the thread, except to derail it and shift focus.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by Xcathdra

My lack of knowledge of the law?

Please show me my lack of knowledge. I can show you yous on page 13.

Mr. "There is not an affirmative defense in court to resist even an unlawful arrest."

Lawful order is an order based on fact and law.

Show me the law that supports the officers directive.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
I salute the way Americans come together and stand up for truth in daunting times. There's still freedom in USA compared to the rest of the world.

The country I live in, Singapore, the authorities do not even need a warrant to raid a house. It's just the way we learn to live.

What about the fire inside of you there in Singapore. Does your slave status burn?

I am from the Netherlands and have even more freedom as the Americans(apparently), and I am 24/7 on fire. Cant except authority. Man I go crazy knowing that every move I make is in the fixed system, I did not choose for

link   

The police report of the arrest contains another apparent discrepancy from what appears on the video: Masic writes that the traffic stop targeted three individuals who "were all chalkem south gang members."

"This gang is known for drugs guns and violence," Masic notes, underscoring the danger of the situation. The video, while dark, appears to only show one man led out of the car.

Good's public defender says that as far as she has been able to determine, only one man was pulled over.

www.huffingtonpost.com... emily-good-arrested-videotaping-police-rochester_n_882122.html

link   
reply to post by chancemusky

I hate people, who hate people. I'm such a terrible person. I hate the police for many reasons. They are willing to bend any law to save their own asses. They will beat anyone, and get off scott free, becasue it is their right to batter anyone they like to oblivion and back. At least, that's how they act.

I will take anyone as I find them. Peoples actions define the type of person they are. And cops continue to define theirmselves as violent thugs, with no respct for the peoplethey are employed to protect. Instead of protecting people, they are criminalising them. Why? becasue that is their job. The police are there to turn a profit for the investors in the company that is the police force.

If it makes me "racist" to hate that, then yep. That's what I am. I am as anti police as they come. I hate those who seek to destroy peoples freedoms for profit. I hate those who, without impunity, beat anyone they see fit to beat. I hate those who feel that they have the right to arrest anyone, just for talking back. I guess you want to live in a world where this is ok, for cops to do what they like, to who ever they like? Well, enjoy your nazi police state, becasue that is what you're heading for.

link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

He filed a false report claiming to have stopped three criminals...the video proves otherwise.

The info was posted a few pages back...I'm sure if you look you'll find it.

Really.. show me in the video where there is only one person? The article states they only saw one person, but because it was dark out they couldnt see into the car. Also, please point out where it states 3 people were present at that one stop. Its not out of the realm of possibility that another set of officers were dealing with people stemming from the same traffic stop in another location.

Example:
Cops observes 2 people standing on the sidewalk and watches a car approach, stop, rill the window down, exhange items. The car drives off in one direction, the 2 people on foot go another.

If the offficer has knowledge that those people are known criminals and has dealt with them before, he has resaonable suspicion to investigate not ontl the car, but the 2 people on foot as well.

In that case, his report would list 2 people, even though he only dealt with one in the car. What will be attached to his report is a supplamental report from other officers who dealt with the other person. Also, the report is done after the fact. Whats to say that during his encounter with the guy at the traffic stop that he did not get info that resulted in a stop later on in his shift dealing with the other 2?

You guys are drawing conclusions without having all of the information. Its called a leap of logic, and its not always correct in the end.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
effin pigs.

this is how i deal with pigs.
i look at them, and i know without that gun, without that badge, we are NOT having any conversation like this.
then i walk away, knowing i am stronger than them, they could never best me physically, and my life is a million times better than these cowards.

scumbags.

i have had pigs scream at me to get me to fight them. i again, look at them, know they could never EVER physically harm me in a one on one situation, and i smile at them.
when some pig is screaming at you, he wants you to get loud with him, and the one thing i know in life is, you NEVER do what a pig wants you to do.

this chick is brave, no doubt, but the pigs are pigs. she already made them look like pigs by they way they spoke to her, so i would have gone inside.

pigs.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

You guys are drawing conclusions without having all of the information. Its called a leap of logic, and its not always correct in the end.

And officer Masic will pay for his leap of logic.

Or the department will when the lawsuit is settled.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

So you hate yourself? You just effectively said that. And using the small percentage of abusive officers to say all are abusive just shows the ignorance inside of you. And If you have nothing to contribute to the thread and topic, please do not respond, or expect a response from me

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
to be honest i probly would have arrested her also she was distracting the police from there duty and not being complient with there wishes but i also respect what she was tryen to do. now if she didnt play dumb and would have backed up to lets say her steps or somewhere farther away and they still arrested her than that would have been obvious that they were abusing there power.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join