It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is MTV giving the American people a Sign?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Artists sang about shoes.
Artists sang about Applebottom jeans.
Artists sang about grills.
They've sang about boats, motorcycles, fancy cars, and private jets
Artists sang about outer space stuff (space ships, the moon...)

It is a trend. My thought is that artists nowadays have such an inflated ego that they think they've mastered all there is to master on Earth so they want to 'dominate' outer space. Whatever that means.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
MTV started off great and remained cool while they simply did what they started out and intended to do..... and that was Simply play music without any political soapbox. Then they became self aware and have since lost their way.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenFurnNW
So this is my first post and hopefully not the last. But I wanted to bring up how MTV's music videos and the songs in general on TV/radio are weird these days and they talk about the end of the world and aliens. I may be going crazy, but watch the video and listen the the lyrics and the video closely and please tell me what you people think. This is a music video called E.T by Katy Perry ft. kanye West.They talk about being aliens, alien DNA, abduction, people from different dimensions, having sex with aliens, and so on. This is a big hit on the radio but I don't think people are listening the the lyrics close enough. Anyone thing the government is preparing the people for a encounter by foreigners from another planet?

www.youtube.com...

Congrats on your first post, S+F for your trouble.

I see what you are getting at here but try turning it through 360 degrees for a moment. The age group of the people that this type of music is aimed at, is the age group of people whome watch aliens on youtube all day and believe everything they see (because it's cool to) rather than the people like us who will either dismiss the obivous fakes or investigate further to try and debunk if they can. Consequently, these youngesters lap this stuff up because it fits in with what they think is cool and being impressionable young people, they probably believe that Lady Gaga is an alien anyway.

To be fair, I am not entirely sure she isnt either!

The point being is that this stuff is created for the market who is gonna buy / download it and for those outside of the previously mentioned demographic that also like the music, its because it's good to shake your rear to, not because it contains and substance.

Well, thats my opinion anyway

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Pop culture and pulp fiction have referenced subject matter such as the end of the world and aliens for a long, long time.

Consider Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom book series started in 1912 about a Martian civilization. Also, there is the 1902 silent film A trip to the Moon about Earth people going to the moon and finding creatures that already inhabit the Moon. If "they" are trying to give us a sign, "they" are taking a long time to do so -- 100 years in the case of Edgar Rice Burroughs' books about Mars, and over 100 years for the pop-fiction film A trip to the Moon. There are many other example that are even older. Consider Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.

I don't think the makers of this pop-culture entertainment is sending a sign. It's more likely that the public in general are interested in the subject matter of aliens and the end of the world, so pop artists and writers seize upon that interest and create music and literature that mirrors the public's pre-existing interest. Basically, they try to give the people what they want.

It's art imitating life (taking cues from the pre-existing interests of the general public).
It's NOT art influencing life.

edit on 6/20/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I concur with popular culture influencing movies/music, look at all the movies that have come out lately dealing with Aliens/conspiracy's/comic books. Hell the number one Broadway show in America is spider-man lol. Cant wait for the new movie aliens and cowboys I mean two of my favorite things in one.

Aliens and Cowboys trailer

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
that song was such garbage.

but here enjoy a remix.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah they are preparing for something. Just like the last year or so something strange is really going on. Did you know that MTV is an Masonic Temple? Check this out.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

Forgot to mention Ke$ha's song "blow"
www.youtube.com...
and britney spears' "til the world ends"
www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-6-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think it all boils down to this fact: there are some artists who are aware of a change, or simply wish to help change along. These artists have given people like us something to relate to. Use these safe songs as a way to bring up the bizarre (but plausible) to your friends. People who are ready to wake up will see something in these songs or videos. These are the little things that keep me holding on to hope for a better world. There are good messages being spread and people are opening up.

Great thread idea btw

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This new video about 28 days later zombies?

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by solsticebaby87

damn that song was kinda catchy too but when i watched it again it seemed a little odd..nice find

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

crazy! I guess the best place to brainwash little children would be MTV.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

what's a snookie?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I can see where your coming form. It could be a big coincident for sure. But the 20th century is here, and UFO's still fly around to this day. I think our government cant hide this anymore so they are trying to inform the world not too dramatically so the people wont start killing themselves and go crazy...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join