It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is MTV giving the American people a Sign?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So this is my first post and hopefully not the last. But I wanted to bring up how MTV's music videos and the songs in general on TV/radio are weird these days and they talk about the end of the world and aliens. I may be going crazy, but watch the video and listen the the lyrics and the video closely and please tell me what you people think. This is a music video called E.T by Katy Perry ft. kanye West.They talk about being aliens, alien DNA, abduction, people from different dimensions, having sex with aliens, and so on. This is a big hit on the radio but I don't think people are listening the the lyrics close enough. Anyone thing the government is preparing the people for a encounter by foreigners from another planet?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Worst. Song. Ever.

Lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yes its a very clear sign for those with a pair of functioning ears. The sign is, if you enjoy good music avoid MTV at all costs.

Do you really believe MTV is sending a sign through a pop video?
edit on 20-6-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I dont even see why anyone give a crap about MTV these days.. They air maybe music 1% of the time now while rest is reality tv crap that is more or less unrelated. The few times they air music videos they only show the latest top 10 mainstream hits or so over and over again.

I will go so far that MTV is mainly responsible of destroying modern music.
They also bought up all independent music stations here in Europe and made them into another mtv copy with same 10 hits, sms spam and those damn reality shows.
edit on 20-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
MTV still plays music?

Line 2 just cuz.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

lol yeah in between jersey shore and the real word

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm curious as to why you believe musicians might be privy to classified information. I doubt if they know any more than the rest of; but only speculate like the rest of us, perhaps.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
MTV = Empty V

They kind of tell you in it's name, it's empty television, for the mindless, hopeless generation of posers and wanna be trend followers. My friends who still watch Empty V are the biggest losers I know, they've gone through all that fads and trends they see on that channel.... painted nails, chain wallets, backpacks, mock mohawks, tattoos of bands and star symbols, eye make up.... and now what is the new stuff, vampires & Snookies?

Anyone who watches MTV over the age of 13 is going nowhere in a hurry, stay away from those with arrested development and stagnant in mental growth.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

most musicians these days don't write there own music. Only a slim percent do these days.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

I actually agree with this notion. Think about what is happening in that video, it starts out depicting her (us) as aliens, so you think- and then it is revealed that she is an animal (half animal?) is this telling us that we humans are merely animals? then the "alien" come out and it isn't an alien at all, this seems like its trying to turn our perspective around, like the OP was suggesting, trying to get ppl to see themselves as animals (sheeple!) and to view aliens as natural, as people.

I don't know guys, don't jump on my back, but ive been looking at this video for a while thinking "hmm?" so thats my take on it.

I would suggest looking up Britney's dance until the world ends, Ke$hs's Blow, Katy Perry's firework song, Seether, Country Song- the first thing that happens in that video include images of astronauts, and one of my personal favorite new bands, Awolnation- Sail... There are so many more but its a waste of time to list them all, i suggest doing some research of your own, look at the recent top 40 and you will be shocked the theme throughout it all.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
MTV always gives people signs. But most people don't understand them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I don't think this is really about MTV. We are talking about the themes seen in recently released songs. I don't have cable, I use my internet or the radio.... So try to stay on the subject its a pretty valid topic, IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

post by GreenFurnNW
most musicians these days don't write there own music.

Most musicians do still write their own music , most pop stars don't and never have written their own due to the fact that they are employee's of the record company that signed them , and as such dance to the tune played for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Then I guess The Final Countdown is actually a real vision of the future where humans have destroyed the Earth (or was it aliens?!
) and mankind will relocate to Venus where apparently friendlier aliens will greet us

Uh, maybe not. Extraterrestrial is a silly song that's just about sex. And more sex. Though I must admit, the thought of humping against a humanoid butt in a pair of furry deer legs isnt that unappealing.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I dont really watch too much of MTV but I do hear the songs on the radio as my wife likes Katy Perry and some Brittany. B.Spears new song with the lyrics repeated through out the song say," keep dancing til the world ends". So if you look at that with the NWO twist, are these lyrics saying dont mind if the world is collapsing around you, stay oblivious. Or are these lyrics presented with a "NEW AGE" twist? Such as "Dont worry if the physical world is collapsing around you, Just stay positive and it will be alright". hmmmmm

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Apologies OP, in no way do Musicians have access to classified information, nor do MTV. It will never happen as long as people can talk..

One band which pops to mind for an example though are HeD p.e.

They are a heavily conspiracy based G-Punk Band which tackle issues such as, Aliens, UFOs, 911, NWO & Many more topics.

HeD p.e. Lyrics:

"I am prepared to state that while i was there
we saw living bodies..
dead bodies of entities
that were not born on this planet...

We have contact!" - Lt. Clifford Stone

2008 - Another fake election
Another fake politician
Another Distraction
Brought to you by your fake tv station
Number one source of manipulation
Number one source of fake information
Stand by... mesmerize the nation
Lets induce mass hallucination
Load them all up into the concentration... camps
God damn uncle sam
I'm not just a number - I'm just a man

Etc...

I do appreciate that many ATS members will not appreciate this band, you old gits!

edit on 20/6/11 by TrixXxtaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How is MTV sending people a sign through music videos when MTV does not actually make or create music videos? MTV only airs music videos.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IvoryRadience

this is so deep but you got it!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
LOL, you guys haven't heard of the concept "pop-culture" the whole end of the world is really getting around and the media want to create stuff for people to relate to.
Nothing special really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join