It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Intolerant' Christians are more militant than Muslims, says equality chief

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Then a small community of Tenochca establish themselves nearby, who still practice their ancient religion.

Don't worry, be happy.

Is the guy next door, whose women only go out covered from head to toe, telling his son that my daughter is a whore? Because she doesn't dress the way he thinks she should dress.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

One of the most important verses in the whole Qur'an, proves the fallacy in the actions of those who try to lord Islam over non muslims heads, or impose the faith upon them.

In arabic it reads "Laa ikraaha fid deen."
In english, "There's no compulsion in religion."

That takes away rights of the human servant of God to threaten people with conversion or death, and also to impose the laws of the faith on those in the land who don't adhere to it. Also, it automatically negates the idea of an islamic government as a whole simply because, there is no compulsion in religion.

The salafi regime of Saudi Arabia will be the first to learn..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

They are NOT Christians..

You could say the same thing about 'muslim' terrorists.

What would you say on the subject of protestant-catholic violence in Northern Ireland? That is without doubt religiously motivated violence; the kids over there are segregated from a very early age, made to attend separate schools and taught to hate people because they believe a slightly different denomination.

Personally I think that like with most issues around this, faith is not the reason but it's a very good excuse. When the Troubles were at their worst, to be a Catholic somehow signified you wanted a united Ireland. If you were Protestant you wanted Northern Ireland to remain part of the United Kingdom. Religion isn't politics, but it's a good mask to hide behind isn't it?

I'm half Irish but Southern Irish. When we were over there as a kid there was absolutely no distinction whatsoever and in fact used to meet up for football when we had all left our respective churches on a Sunday morning.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I don't have a problem with the method of worshiping God, do as you wish.

It is the teaching that women are inferior, and the practice of making them cover themselves starting as young as 10.

If Muslims insist on teaching their sons that they are superior to women, then I don't want them around. I don't want them living in my community, free to abuse the women folk when the opportunity presents itself, because they think they are superior, and our women folk are whores for not meeting their dress requirements.

I see this issue as something that makes our cultures incompatible.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

to claim Xtianity is not a political system is historical revisionism itself.

or have you forgotten the following:

Christendom

Holy_Roman_Empire

the latter being a major part of the RCC's continuous attempts during the past 2k yrs to revive the roman empire and establish The City of God on earth, despite Augustine claiming it was spiritual.

or Calvin work in Geneva, Luther's siding with the oligarchs against the peasantry.

:shk:

sigh just ignore the religious political crap if a fanatic is causing trouble in the neighborhood, and the gov seems to be sitting on it's thumb re violent attacks,

deal with it.

on a case to case basis.
if some punk is harassing a lady, use doctor martins solution, all the while reciting from the quran:

"thou shalt respect woman, for the mother that bore you is one"

JUST DON'T GO CALLING FOR THE HEADS OF EVERY MUSLIM.

or whining for the government top "do something".

especially with the English's history of bigotry, especially against Semites
especially when your crowned parasites claim to have descent from the house of David!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Poet1b has spoken - the only reason women wear them is because their fathers have messed with their heads. Okay.

I dont doubt that in most religions there are cases where people are 'brainwashed' to a degree into wearing or doing something.. but where do you draw the line between simply being born in a family/community that follows these religious traditions, therefore seeing them as part of everyday life, and being forced into doing something you dont want to do? It really isnt for you to state any one reason why a muslim woman would wear one, unless you have something substantial to back it up with.

As for the sexism... name me a religion where women are treated as equals. Its wonderful that you seem to be an out and out feminist, but you must realise that in all major religions, and even in the bra burning/overly pc non-religious western culture, women are not treated equally.
The dress code for muslim women may be one of the forms of sexism that, visually, you can spot right away.. but every religion implies that women are second class citizens.

Another poster made a good point though - christianity is watered down. And the Christians mainly reside in western countries, so not only has the religion had time to readjust to being somewhat socially acceptable, but it has influenced western culture greatly. Of course there is the
On the other hand, muslims have traditionally resided in less developed countries where there's minimal exposure to western culture, not to mention the cultural, physical and language barriers which only serve to hightlight the differences.
So really, its not suprising that there's a clash in beliefs seeing as its only in recent times that the two have come face to face. But, like I have said previously, this doesn't mean that the muslim beliefs are inherently wrong, there just hasnt been any reason for them to evolve their belief system. Although saying that, I do believe that arranged marriages are on the decrease, so there is some change occuring.

And so, while Im not religious in the slightest, I imagine that if I were muslim and someone was stating that the religious clothing I wear is ugly, and that its only worn by women who's fathers had messed with their heads, Id find that fairly offensive. Religious or not though, its quite clear to see that comments like that have no real purpose, other than promoting intolerance.

Also, I think we're all well aware of what terrorist attacks have been committed by muslims, but what I thought was interesting on the links you posted were the pages concerning christian and hindu terrorism, and the fact that I wasnt familiar with a single one of them. Wonder why that is?
After a quick google search, I came across this which gives a very informative run-through of christian terrorism, and various other issues that may or may not be attributed to christianity. It is biased but Im sure anyone with more than 2 brain cells can form their own opinion, and based on the amount of information it links to, its worth looking through.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Is the guy next door, whose women only go out covered from head to toe, telling his son that my daughter is a whore? Because she doesn't dress the way he thinks she should dress.

Poet, of course there's a culture clash, and this is one of those things. But, can we live with it?

The funny thing is, there are lots of "christian" religious groups who are into "modesty" (mainly for their women), and we might hardly realize it.

I suppose no one cares about the Amish, since they keep mostly to themselves. But some of their Mennonite kin do get out and about.

How about Mormons? Did you know that many of them maintain certain "standards" that might disturb the less knowledgeable? Have you known any? Do you realize some of the things they might say about "us" behind our backs?

How about traditional christians, of various sorts. Did you know that the church Mel Gibson went to REQUIRES that women COVER their heads in church? Well, why shouldn't they? There's a scripture verse you know! And they can't wear pants either, they must wear "modest" skirts/dresses. And this in a church in Malibu, California, only so many hundred feet away from some beach babes wearing thongs! I have no idea about his supposed "rant" where he called his ex a "whore" over and over, probably fake, but who knows? Maybe lots of serious religious folk use that kind of talk.

But somehow, these others aren't all that "threatening", certainly not to me. Why is that?

Because, I like to think I'm tolerant of others, even those who are a bit "weird", in my book. And if they are calling my daughter a "whore" behind my back, isn't this a reflection on them? Why should I get my panties in a wad? Let's maybe give them time to "assimilate"...

Actually, this may be the plan anyway. As Islam "infiltrates" the West, they will become less fervent, more tolerant, and eventually, their precious Islam will be as watered-down as our Christianity.

Which will make it all the easier to implement the following phase, as we all march to the New World Order.

So, relax! We don't get to make the rules. If you like bikinis, then enjoy them while you can (as I will too).

JR

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Awen24

to claim Xtianity is not a political system is historical revisionism itself.

or have you forgotten the following:

Christendom

Holy_Roman_Empire

the latter being a major part of the RCC's continuous attempts during the past 2k yrs to revive the roman empire and establish The City of God on earth, despite Augustine claiming it was spiritual.

or Calvin work in Geneva, Luther's siding with the oligarchs against the peasantry.

I agree wholeheartedly - those are all excellent examples of attempts at a Christian political-religious system. My point is not that such systems haven't existed throughout history (obviously they have, and I cited Calvin's Geneva in my own post).

My point is that Islam, as described by the Qu'ran, is a political and religious system. Christianity, as described by the Bible, is not. There is not, nor should there ever have been, a "Christian State". This, as opposed to Islam, which mandates an Islamic State, or Caliphate.

The difference is important - and often misunderstood. In this much, Augustine was correct; the Kingdom of God is a spiritual entity, not a physical one. The attempted establishment of "Christian States" is, simply put: wrong.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Awen24 because: added final paragraph.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

That would be my personal opinion, and in general, I think a reflection of what most westerner's think when they see a Muslim woman wearing such ridiculous garb.

Islam, like any fanatical religion, owes its existence to an intensive conditioning program. Putting the young girls behind the veil at the tender age of 10 or so is one of the ways. Yeah, it is a big mind freak.

Hey, you want to believe different, that is your opinion.

Recognizing women's rights is a progressive effort of modern culture. this is true, although there have been many cultures that treated women with equal status as men. Wican culture with their Goddess worship certainly had a different view on the matter.

I would say that Christianity has been tamed. The revolt against the Catholic Church is what lead Europe to its Renaissance. One can only hope that the Muslim hordes learn form our example, and write a new page in the ole book.

If you want to really know what I think, it is Islam that has stagnated the Middle East these last thousand years, and yes, Buddhism and Hinduism have done the same things. It is not that I am against religion, just organized religion.

Would you also be offended if told that your culture forces women to wear high heels and mini skirts? How about if you found a religion teaching everyone who would listen that your ancestors stole everything they ever have, and their success only comes from them being violent and brutal. Plenty of times I have heard that little line given from Muslim sources. Oh yeah, of the newer take, the reason we are successful in the west is because we are lucky.

Your link to Christian terrorist attack reads like total propaganda. Long on opinion, short on evidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

And if they are calling my daughter a "whore" behind my back, isn't this a reflection on them? Why should I get my panties in a wad? Let's maybe give them time to "assimilate"...

To protect your daughter. Those are fighting words.

Actually, this may be the plan anyway. As Islam "infiltrates" the West, they will become less fervent, more tolerant, and eventually, their precious Islam will be as watered-down as our Christianity.

It took the beheading of more than a few monarchs, and numerous battles to tame Christianity. Do you think Islam will come more quietly?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It took the beheading of more than a few monarchs, and numerous battles to tame Christianity. Do you think Islam will come more quietly?

No, Islam isn't going to be easy, that's for sure.

I think that TPTB have a pretty good understanding of this. They know that it will take an extreme level of violence, and considerable death and mayhem to achieve the goal.

The "good news" is that they are doing a good job of containing the war, for the most part, keeping it on their soil. Islam has suffered hundreds of thousands of casualties, they have the most powerful military outpost ever in their midst (Israel), and even after all this, the West is still mostly "safe". Except for the infiltration, and constant demographic pressure! But these "immigrants" (refugees), they're a consequence of this war, to some extent. In other words, they're part of the plan.

This idea that most of what we experience is "planned", at least to some degree, it's too often ignored. Yet, it is very important. "If" there are high levels of planning taking place, then what's the point of complaining about natural consequences of those plans? Instead, we need to think about practical ways of dealing with it.

We may not like it, but I think we're going to have to figure out how to "live" with it. That doesn't mean we have to live next door to Abdullah, who will no doubt say terrible things behind our backs. As for those who are at the cutting edge, perhaps their area is suffering too many migrants, and all that implies, I would suggest they do the traditional thing: Run. Just move, leave these areas. This is the single most powerful, and rational thing anyone can do for their family, as this ugly chapter continues to unfold.

As for our children, and grandchildren, we must instill in them this notion as well. Let them continue to run, finding small, temporary safe havens, here and there. Eventually, maybe a century from now, the world will be a rather placid plantation, if our rulers have their way, and we'll have new things to complain about.

JR

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think the PTB are a bunch of greedy idiots, who got to the top out of sheer greed, and deep seated desire to prove themselves. This is how our planet has turned into such a screwed up place.

The traditional answer has not been to run, but to fight for what is right.

We succeed because we refuse to put up with the BS, and that is what we will continue to do.

You have a right to defend yourself against the aggression of others. When refugees become violent aggressors, it is time to send them packing back to their nations of origin.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The traditional answer has not been to run, but to fight for what is right.

Most people don't want to fight. Not even for what's "right".

They run. They ran from England hundreds of years ago, came to the New World. And Spaniards too. And eventually others, Germans, Irish, Italians, and later various others too.

They RAN. They came to places like America, to escape whatever it was in their homelands that was intolerable. It's not something to be ashamed of, people have done it for millennia.

But, eventually the fight may come to them. Sometimes, this can be necessary, but usually, it's not what regular, simple, average people do.

I realize that eventually there will be "no place left to run", but, if we take in the big picture, this is a drama being played out over centuries.

I suppose the idea of "running", vs. fighting is bothersome to many. But when we fight, who exactly are we fighting for most of the time? It's like, we're shooting ourselves in the foot when we cooperate with TPTB. Sure, we get to wave our flags, but they surely laugh at our naiveté.

Anyone remember that old '60's song, about how you can be the first one on your block, to have your son, come back in a box? Fighting for what is "right"? That's NOT the traditional thing to do, at all.

BUT, if we can get enough people believing that, we can sure do our part for the NWO, and feel pretty darn good about it too.

JR

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
At some point, all monotheist religion will be considered extremist. It's already being injected into the MSM. Most Muslims are normal people who wouldn't think of strapping a bomb to themselves or want to cause another harm. I don't know of any Christians who would either. The public image of both of these religions have been and will continue to be smeared and vilified. It's got to the point that anything I see in the MSM, I consider to be a lie or half-truth at best.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

While some left the Europe to get away from the system, most came for new opportunity in a new land.

They had to fight to succeed, they had to fight for their liberty, to throw off the monarachy, and to defeat their enemies. They had to then fight against big business that would make them slaves.

In Europe, the people were also fighting for their rights. First they defeated the Catholic Church, and then they began taking down monarchs.

We enjoy our liberties today, because our ancestors were willing to fight to gain those liberties. We have more ability than ever to defend our liberties.

While some may choose to fight for their religious beliefs, we choose to fight for our liberties, and we will continue to do so.

That is probably this equality chiefs real problem, Europeans aren't going to put up this his gentile monarch routine.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

im pretty sure both religions have blood on there hands

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
does this count as militant?

www.forceministries.com...

be careful my internet security did not like this site

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join