It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Million Gallons of Water Drained from Reservoir after Man Urinates In It: (absolutely crazy!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Or enough water to keep your average American family in daily water for 316.8 years

I wanted to edit my post but was outside the 4 hours..... Actually this is pretty depressing that this amount of clean treated ready to drink water would be wasted on such a trivial issue - someone really does need to be fired. - You have to consider what the true value of a similar amount of water would be to people in lands where every cup of water is cherished.... That figure of 316 years for an average american family could easily translate to 2 or 3 THOUSAND years worth of water for the average Ethiopian family and that is including the cow and the chickens

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That urine is a lot more dangerous than animal manure that constantly gets dropped with these forest dwellers taking a drink. Rotting carcasus around, in the water. This guys need fired and fined for restitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
It almost sounds like they used this guy peeing in the lake as an excuse to drain it for some other reason. Not conspiratorial or anything but maybe it was a way to get the money to do something they been wanting to do and used this incident as the sole reason.
It just strikes me odd why they would do such a stupid thing. How many could have thought that this was a good idea?
edit on 19-6-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Well that actually makes more sense than draining it.

It's the cell phones, my eyeballs are crossing, avoid cell phones,

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

A portion of the Mount Tabor Reservoir had to be drained Wednesday morning when a 21-year-old Molalla man admitted to urinating in the water.

www.kgw.com...

This one has a picture of the video catching the guy in the act.

I wonder if they got cameras set up to cover the whole reservoir.

side note, if they hadn't released the fact that someone peed in the lake very few would have known.
edit on 20-6-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

What was the reason for the cameras in the first place?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Some of the water reserves have a huge fine if you go near them here in Colorado. Some of the man made lakes here are already processed water, and only goes through a final filter process right before you drink it. Dont know about draining the lake to allieviate 8 ounces of urine but i know here he'd be looking at 1,000buck fine and maybe some jail time

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

We here in Oregon are subject to many stupid Government workers and politicians.

I do not live in Portland yet most of our taxes go to fund legacies of the wicked there.

Cool trains instead of buses, a multi million dollar tram to take doctors to the hospitals on the hill.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Probably the guy was urinating near a pumping station or the reservoir's dam. Security cameras would be employed at such spots to deter / prevent vandalism or someone possibly trying to bomb a dam or poison the water supply.

Anyway, this whole incident (and the discussion in this thread) reminds me of the decades old Firesign Theater skit for Bear Wiz Beer:

"As my Daddy said, 'Son, it's in the water. That's why it's yellow.' "
edit on 20-6-2011 by Forrest because: Edit to correct video link

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I live blocks from Mt. Tabor (actually walked over there on saturday and marveled at how empty the reservoir was. Two years ago there was an e. coli outbreak in this reservoir-I have to imagine that is playing a part in the decision here.

A couple of factors, just to clear up some questions I have read in this thread:
-It is a man-made reservoir, not a lake. The bottom is cement. Nothing will leave the reservoir until it is drained.
-It is open-air. The ducks that swim in the lake do far worse things than pee in it.
-There are multiple reservoir chambers up there-I see no reason why they all have to be drained.

The thing that bothers me the most is, the way Mt. Tabor is set up, anyone could put anything in there. The only way they'd find out is after the fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
David Shaff. I have to send this guy an email thanking him for doing his part in protecting us from the ever evolving threat of natural body function.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by anon72

We here in Oregon are subject to many stupid Government workers and politicians.

I do not live in Portland yet most of our taxes go to fund legacies of the wicked there.

Cool trains instead of buses, a multi million dollar tram to take doctors to the hospitals on the hill.

That's funny, everyone in portland is annoyed at how slow the MAX expansion is going because those outside of the city keep crying about it. There is nothing wicked about a very efficient, very low cost mass transit system. Especially now that Portland is set up to have more bikes than cars.

The tram on the other hand, was a gross waste of money.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by jam321

A portion of the Mount Tabor Reservoir had to be drained Wednesday morning when a 21-year-old Molalla man admitted to urinating in the water.

www.kgw.com...

This one has a picture of the video catching the guy in the act.

I wonder if they got cameras set up to cover the whole reservoir.

side note, if they hadn't released the fact that someone peed in the lake very few would have known.
edit on 20-6-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

What was the reason for the cameras in the first place?

They do have cameras all over the reservoir. It is in a public park, and is open air. They HAVE to have it under surveillance.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It seems strange that such an expensive and seemingly big project would be allowed to be made by just one person. I would think this would have to be voted on by the citizens of the town or at least by city administrators/council. Maybe there's something they're not telling, another reason for the draining. If so, they probably should have come up a better story cause this just makes that "David Shaff, an administrator at the Portland Water Bureau" seem like a nut!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
One word, Chlorine.
And btw. All the fish and crabs and other critters that use the lake for a toilet don't bother you?
silly.

It's a man-made reservoir-there are no fish or crabs or anything. Some ducks that swim in it is about all.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The thing that bothers me the most is, the way Mt. Tabor is set up, anyone could put anything in there. The only way they'd find out is after the fact.

Maybe not, I have been made aware of several types of testing that can and do 'live' test water at various stages... But they would likely only be there for expected containments, won't do jack for something unexpected.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Some ducks that swim in it is about all.

Last I heard, they go 1 & 2 also. Must not matter or effect taste.

What about Acid Rain, leave with junk on them, bugs etc etc etc.

Something isn't adding up here.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Silliness. Fire the fool.
Fish do worse than pee in it.
Fish crap is also a lot less worse than some of stuff in that water. And human piss is like 99% water or something anyway. So I wonder what percentage of it was actually this guys piss?

* 0.0000000000001% of the water volume consists of this guys urine.
* 0.0000000000008% is other people urine.
* 0.00000003% is fish urine and fecal matter.
* 0.000006% is miscellaneous stuff you don't even want to know about.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am from Portland and this is hilarious. Sounds about right from a state with one of the highest cost-of-living ratios in the US. Just goes to show the world we live in...

Full of fools

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
anybody want to hazard a guess as to what they're going to find at the bottom once it's fully empty?

this stinks of an excuse to drain the reservoir - [shocked voice] "geez, looky what we found right here at the bottom!"

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Maybe not, I have been made aware of several types of testing that can and do 'live' test water at various stages... But they would likely only be there for expected containments, won't do jack for something unexpected.

What I meant was that the only way they know that something has been put in the water, is after it is already in the water. Anyone can walk up to the reservoir, and their only deterrent is a chainlink fence and some warning signs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join