It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Million Gallons of Water Drained from Reservoir after Man Urinates In It: (absolutely crazy!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Some ducks that swim in it is about all.

Last I heard, they go 1 & 2 also. Must not matter or effect taste.

What about Acid Rain, leave with junk on them, bugs etc etc etc.

Something isn't adding up here.

The ducks are what caused the recent e. coli outbreak. Im certainly not saying it adds up, im just pointing out that there are no fish or anything of that nature in the reservoir.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by Phage
Silliness. Fire the fool.
Fish do worse than pee in it.
Fish crap is also a lot less worse than some of stuff in that water. And human piss is like 99% water or something anyway. So I wonder what percentage of it was actually this guys piss?

* 0.0000000000001% of the water volume consists of this guys urine.
* 0.0000000000008% is other people urine.
* 0.00000003% is fish urine and fecal matter.
* 0.000006% is miscellaneous stuff you don't even want to know about.

Again, no fish in this man-made reservoir.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrastneyJPR
anybody want to hazard a guess as to what they're going to find at the bottom once it's fully empty?

this stinks of an excuse to drain the reservoir - [shocked voice] "geez, looky what we found right here at the bottom!"

They're going to find a cement bottom. Thats about it. It was drained two years ago as well.

I was up there over the weekend-there is nothing visible in the reservoir.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think I should just leave this here...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-6-2011 by Negotium of Verum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The only time people do something is because of money (in a business). So the reason they drained this reservoir is because of making or losing money in some respect.

Now if they are draining it saying it's because some guy peed in it? It's a code word that actually means "some company or someone dumped a bunch of crap in it and we need to drain it and start over because it's bad water now".

Just guessing without knowing. I wonder where the dart will land?

Oh well if I am totally off mark that's ok. It doesn't really matter in the end does it?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Fish crap is also a lot less worse than some of stuff in that water. And human piss is like 99% water or something anyway. So I wonder what percentage of it was actually this guys piss?

I have seen several man made reservoirs in my lifetime, and every single one of them would have full sized fish appear out of nowhere within a few weeks of the major rain season starting.

Also large communities of frogs and turtles would sprout up.

But it was in the middle of the desert in a man-made pond. No one was stocking it either.

My theory is that there are eggs under the soil laying dormant for years until the time is right to get wet and hatch. I could be 100% wrong but it seems sort of reasonable. At least for the frogs and turtles, it may not explain the fish so well.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What an unbelievable reaction. Just think of the gallons of pee and tons of faeces from all the wild and domestic animals on the surrounding hills, Plus all the same from all the marine wildlife! Oh and the birds overhead, the rotting vegetation blah blah blah.

Moronic decision by idiots who know nothing of nature!

Anyway, here's the biggest yuck factor. Due to recycling the average Londoner consumes their own urine 7 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The ducks are what caused the recent e. coli outbreak. Im certainly not saying it adds up, im just pointing out that there are no fish or anything of that nature in the reservoir.

Wrong. Of course there are fish in the reservoir. It doesn't matter that it is man made, there are fish in it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I have seen several man made reservoirs in my lifetime, and every single one of them would have full sized fish appear out of nowhere within a few weeks of the major rain season starting.

But it was in the middle of the desert in a man-made pond. No one was stocking it either.

My theory is that there are eggs under the soil laying dormant for years until the time is right to get wet and hatch. I could be 100% wrong but it seems sort of reasonable. At least for the frogs and turtles, it may not explain the fish so well.

Fish are carried to man made bodies of water via bird droppings.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Actually migrating birds will land in one body of water and fish eggs attach to their webbed feet/feathers. And when they land in another body of water the tiny fish eggs float away.

The State regulates all waterways....draining a State waterway because somebody peed in it......hope the State punishes that fool.

He only did it because he wanted to Bill the kid a huge amount of money. Hope that kid has the brains to get a lawyer.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
really?

REALLY!?

HAHAHA

You know how many people pee in swimming pools and people STILL swim in it?

HAHA

what a joke!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am sure that this is just a cover story. If they drained it, where did it go?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
as for the pee contaminating the water ha ha . it is estimated that the water taken from the thames for conumers has on average been through 6 people. The only reason i can think of for draining a resevoir is if the nitrate levels have gone through the roof . it happened over here a few years back . tptb installed massive air stones to try and mix the existing water with water from the desalinartion plant. it would appear it that they are now draining the resevoir but into the network and other resevoirs. any large body of water will attract wildlife and bacteria did anybody notice the detritus floating in the resevoir?. as for the resevoir haveing a cement base i find it hard to believe , resevoirs make use of natural strata and rock formations , 300,0000 tons of water can and will damage a cement floor. the dam is the only man made part along with the pumping station

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

This isnt that type of reservoir. Too many of you are picturing a lake. Mt. Tabor isn't that. It is a group of small water holding pools. There are no fish in there, unless someone puts them in there.

Frogs are certainly a possibility, especially since Mt. Tabor is a forested park. We dont have many turtles in this part of Oregon.

There is no soil at the bottom of this reservoir. It is man-made, and cement. It looks like a large skateboarding area when empty. I have a few things going on today, but Ill try and get up there and nab a picture of the empty tank.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CayceFan

Wrong. Of course there are fish in the reservoir. It doesn't matter that it is man made, there are fish in it.

You are wrong. Just like I said in my last post. This is a cement-bottomed holding pool. There are no fish in there.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
here is the factor nobody seems to get. Security. If a couple guys can go to the reservoir and drink a few beer and get within pissing distance of the exact water that people drink, what is to stop a terrorist from sneaking some form of poison in there? The stupid factor is off the charts. You store drinking water in tanks, like water towers and the like. That way they are enclosed and protected. I feel bad for the guy who pissed in it. he sounds like he is just scared as to what might happen to him. He admits doing it, and even said if he had a job, he would pay for it.

The city government need to re-think their whole process.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Obviously, just a cover story for some other reason. No way they drained that thing for the stated reason.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The news article in the OP got it wrong then. Big surprise.

The operation is costing the state's taxpayers $36,000 (£22,000) and was ordered after Joshua Seater, 21, was caught on a security camera relieving himself in the pristine lake.

8 million gallons does seem pretty small for a lake.

This seems to be a picture of the horribly polluted reservoir.

edit on 6/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Agreed that it *could be a liability, but there are compelling reasons for maintaining/upgrading the open reservoirs as well.

This is the *pro position and gives some decent insight into the fight and note: open reservoir can be in compliance with Fed. mandates should the city decide to upgrade... also note the costs needed to build and maintain closed/buried reservoirs at this time... If it happens at all, the transition will be very slow...

www.friendsofreservoirs.org...

As Commissioner Saltzman said last July about LT2, "this is a regulation in search of a problem... we should continue to purse all alternative options beyond a large capital project."

Given the extensive scientific data in support of retaining Portland’s open reservoirs, the broad-based community support for retaining our open reservoirs, the exorbitant cost of burial ($403million, $800 million with debt service) and the new public health risks[5] associated with covered reservoirs, it is incumbent on the City to push back and push back hard.

edit on 20-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

8 million gallons does seem pretty small for a lake.

For perspective:

6m gallon tank:
Top:

Side:

Walkthrough:

So, obviously 1/3rd larger than this tank shown...thats alot of water...not sure what that is a picture of, but from the lake in question, ya, its not really that much.

edit on 20-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join