It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Sega gets hacked, LulzSec offers to seek revenge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
It would seem that they are trying to disturb the generation of gamers. Such as myself, 80s kid. Get rid of the games, news, tv, internet, etc etc=Riots. all you need is to blame a hacker,. am i looking into it too much?

First, not sure who you mean by "they". Lulsec isn't going to cause riots, and if this is by a lobby group that is hiring contractors to cause mayhem so they can push bills through, they aren't looking for riots either. Just enough sympathy to get the new laws enacted.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Jordan River
It would seem that they are trying to disturb the generation of gamers. Such as myself, 80s kid. Get rid of the games, news, tv, internet, etc etc=Riots. all you need is to blame a hacker,. am i looking into it too much?

First, not sure who you mean by "they". Lulsec isn't going to cause riots, and if this is by a lobby group that is hiring contractors to cause mayhem so they can push bills through, they aren't looking for riots either. Just enough sympathy to get the new laws enacted.

I ment TPTB. Your obviously looking at it politicly.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I was about to start working on a thread about "TPTB" and all the misconceptions that come with that overused saying. Perhaps I should start that now....

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Jordan River

I was about to start working on a thread about "TPTB" and all the misconceptions that come with that overused saying. Perhaps I should start that now....

I tried making a refrance thread on it, like yours. No one went into it.
TPTB, are unknown elitist who controls the world imo

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes I'm aware of what sega has done, yes I know they still make games, but they are far from leaders anymore. I don't have to list the three systems that have captured the market.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by boncho

Yes I'm aware of what sega has done, yes I know they still make games, but they are far from leaders anymore. I don't have to list the three systems that have captured the market.

I think you are missing the implications that go along with the attack on Sony. What is bad for the industry is bad for everyone in the industry. So by attacking one, you are attacking all of them in a sense.

There are certain circumstances where attacking one may be better for another. But even if so, Sony should be because they are a leader now? If Sega was the leader now, they would be operating any different from Sony?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

find it a little fishy that a "hacker group" will go into one company yet back another company.... To be honest I'm not even sure what lulzsec stands for. But it doesn't seem like it's lulz. Agenda here.

Its an agenda plain and simple. Tptb have big plans coming down the pipe, so expect lots of the same old same old propaganda, misdirection, and all that and also any and all kinds of way's that there think tanks can come up with to further there agendas.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Im kinda sceptical of all these attacks , tend to think its more of a psycop . I just wanted to add that i just recieved a email from codemasters "Dear valued Codemasters customer,On Friday 3rd June, unauthorised entry was gained to our Codemasters.com website Codemasters.com website

Access to the Codemasters corporate website and sub-domains.

DiRT 3 VIP code redemption page

Access to the DiRT 3 VIP code redemption page.

The Codemasters EStore

We believe the following have been compromised: Customer names and addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, encrypted passwords and order history. Please note that no personal payment information was stored with Codemasters as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

Codemasters CodeM database

Members' names, usernames, screen names, email addresses, date of birth, encrypted passwords, newsletter preferences, any biographies entered by users, details of last site activity, IP addresses and Xbox Live Gamertags are all believed to have been compromised.Not trying to derail your thread , but even though ive been lurking the boards on ATS for over 6 years i still dont meet the minimal post.Just wanted to bring something to the discussion of the current video game industry getting hacked.thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
As far as Lulz..

encyclopediadramatica.ch...

Enter at your own risk.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rootlevelaccess

You are not derailing at all. But we should explain better what exactly "codemasters" is:

Welcome to Codemasters! We're a leading developer and publisher of computer games for PC and console. We publish for all platforms including Microsoft Xbox 360™, Sony® Playstation® 3, Sony Playstation Portable, Nintendo DS, PC-DVD and Nintendo Wii™, mobile phones and provide persistent online services. We are dedicated to bringing excellent and innovative games to players across the world.

I'm a little confused about this company though, it seems they only have a facebook page?

They also have a forum as well though.

So what's the point of hacking the videogame industry? Credit Cards and Game Licenses?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
As far as Lulz..

encyclopediadramatica.ch...

Enter at your own risk.

I've read plenty of ED pages. The problem I have with it being for the "lulz" is that it won't be so lulzy when cybersecurity is beefed up.

Last month the Obama administration pressed Congress to pass stronger cybersecurity measures, including a doubling of the maximum sentence for potentially endangering national security to 20 years in prison.

More on the public perception of lulzsec

A flurry of cybersecurity

For the independents that are hacking for the lulz, they should remember that most computer criminals are not the most loyal bunch. Far from the hardened mafioso who will take some jail time to help out, or cover their cohorts.

I think you can find a statistic around about them turning coat once caught. So the real question is, if it's all for the lulz, how many lulz are gonna be there if the hammer comes down?

For the lulz means it's people with really poor foresight, if not, there's an agenda...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So they wont more POWER more laws more punishment.
and tell me how will this stop the hackers?
and if china uses hackers as a tool to attack USA?
or US hackers go to china and attack USA.
or use a comp link from US to china to US.
(a remotely controlled computer)
how can all the powers help stop this?
they can not stop it.
but they can control US people.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My god, has nobody here heard the REAL reason for the sony attack?

An arrest warrant was put out for geoH0t (George Hotz) for hacking the PS3 itself and instructing others how to do it. LulzSec backed geoH0t, and retaliated on Sony with the PS3 network hack.

www.slashgear.com...

Sony had tried to get the guy arrested for making tools to modify a device that people already own (If I own a PS3, why can't I add the software I want to it?). The hackers had attacked sony, as an anonymous way to stick up for people and their rights.

Sony has been able to swing peoples sympathy in their favor, by being the big giant company that suffered a hacker attack.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
So they wont more POWER more laws more punishment.
and tell me how will this stop the hackers?
and if china uses hackers as a tool to attack USA?
or US hackers go to china and attack USA.
or use a comp link from US to china to US.
(a remotely controlled computer)
how can all the powers help stop this?
they can not stop it.
but they can control US people.

How do drug laws stop drug trafficking?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor787
My god, has nobody here heard the REAL reason for the sony attack?

An arrest warrant was put out for geoH0t (George Hotz) for hacking the PS3 itself and instructing others how to do it. LulzSec backed geoH0t, and retaliated on Sony with the PS3 network hack.

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident, or the USS Maddox Incident, are the names given to two incidents, one disputed, involving North Vietnam and the United States in the waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. On August 2, 1964, the destroyer USS Maddox, while performing a DESOTO patrol, was engaged by three North Vietnamese Navy torpedo boats of the 135th Torpedo Squadron.

Gulf of Tonkin

[I]t is not simply that there is a different story as to what happened; it is that no attack happened that night. [...] In truth, Hanoi's navy was engaged in nothing that night but the salvage of two of the boats damaged on August 2.

I am not saying with certainty that this is the case here. But not always is the official story the actual story. Coming from official or unofficial sources.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There Re big players it the video game industry that make more then games (Sony and Microsoft) and one of those was hacked. I wouldnt be surprised if sony has ties to black box projects. But sega? Just a toy company may be the reason why lulzsec got pIssed.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

For the independents that are hacking for the lulz, they should remember that most computer criminals are not the most loyal bunch. Far from the hardened mafioso who will take some jail time to help out, or cover their cohorts.

I think you can find a statistic around about them turning coat once caught. So the real question is, if it's all for the lulz, how many lulz are gonna be there if the hammer comes down?

Here's that little stat I was thinking about:

The underground world of computer hackers has been so thoroughly infiltrated in the US by the FBI and secret service that it is now riddled with paranoia and mistrust, with an estimated one in four hackers secretly informing on their peers, a Guardian investigation has established.

Source

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm not going to claim to know who LulzSec are or what their motives are, but I will say this: they've given me more than their fair share of lulz throughout this whole saga.

So whether or not they are actually doing it for the lulz, they're acheiving lulz by doing it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
reply to post by boncho

There Re big players it the video game industry that make more then games (Sony and Microsoft) and one of those was hacked. I wouldnt be surprised if sony has ties to black box projects. But sega? Just a toy company may be the reason why lulzsec got pIssed.

Sega

They seem to be doing alright for themselves. There stock is about 20USD.

1 536.00 Japanese yen = 19.164672 U.S. dollars

It's a 4billion dollar company and the head is worth over 1b himself.

Sega of America

SEGA of America now makes games for PCs, handheld devices, and consoles from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft

As far as why someone would hit Sega (Sega Sammy) [besides what's already been mentioned] There is definitely a way to make money from the manipulation of stock:

UPDATE 1-Sega Sammy shares fall after cyber attack

* Shares down 1.8 pct

* Says unsure when it can restart Sega Pass

* Says no briefing, press conference planned (Adds details, latest share price)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
According to information posted earlier (including detailed chatlogs) lulzSec are cornered and imploding, this recent bit is a ploy to muddy the evidence pool before the feds kick in their doors.

If this is as authentic as it looks they deserve a reality check.

Anyone still on the fence or supporting them, have a look for yourself....

LulzSec Exposed

Previous ATS posting here...

Lulzsec Exposed, page 1

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join