It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Sega gets hacked, LulzSec offers to seek revenge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

I can´t say if they are weak. But why attack a big "secure" company? There are many others they can hack with lesser effort. They do it for money. Don´t know if they do it only for the lulz. The way they speak about others or calling someone dumb, is little bit ... well not the way I would go. Makes them unfriendly, but hey, it´s kind of style they have.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
According to information posted earlier (including detailed chatlogs) lulzSec are cornered and imploding, this recent bit is a ploy to muddy the evidence pool before the feds kick in their doors.

If this is as authentic as it looks they deserve a reality check.
Anyone still on the fence or supporting them, have a look for yourself....
LulzSec Exposed
Previous ATS posting here...
Lulzsec Exposed, page 1

While this is interesting and a great addition to this thread. Nothing is conclusive yet. And I assume it will never be. Even after the official story is told.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You do not mess with a hackers games.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Personally, I am not shocked that Sega was attacked but more shocked they are still around. But I feel the same way about Nintendo who I believe was also hacked not to long ago. I remember a time back in the day when game companies said, Nah there is no way a console could get hacked. Surprise! They were very wrong. As to wanting a hacker group to strike back, by all means please if they think they can stop that kind of crap more power to them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's a hard state of mind to understand, and the more you understand it the more mentally challenged you become yourself.

Consider yourself lucky.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

CIA psyops group.

Seriously? How many people in mainstream society remember the Dreamcast?

Perhaps the alphabet agencies are still stuck in the mid-90s.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
As i have said on a few threads already.... there is no way annon or any of these hacker groups have been targeting sega/playstation (sony)/ lybian governments etc....

seems pointless plus has no real outcome, hackers hack... we know they can hack, they have no need to prove they can hack, if you steal credit cards n use them, the credit card companies make sure the card owners arnt out of pcket, and you cant spend the money without being able to be traced.

this is all inside work and or government work for an agenda.. either internet censorship or fearmongering.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

They remember and probably "love the Dreamcast" because it's so "hackable" and can play almost any type of game from any manufacturer from the systems prior using emulators.

Use your Dreamcast to relive your childhood or play homebrewed games.

Can it be a coincidence that the current explosion of emulator popularity didn't take off until a few years after the Sega Dreamcast hit the market? Sure, you could run Nintendo games on your PC for a long time, but there was something even more appealing about playing old-school console games on an actual gaming console. Though the Xbox is the modern console gamer's choice for emulation [Hack #23], the first console to be blown open by hackers was the venerable (though not especially impregnable) Sega Dreamcast.

Source

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Turq1
As far as Lulz..

encyclopediadramatica.ch...

Enter at your own risk.

I've read plenty of ED pages. The problem I have with it being for the "lulz" is that it won't be so lulzy when cybersecurity is beefed up.

Last month the Obama administration pressed Congress to pass stronger cybersecurity measures, including a doubling of the maximum sentence for potentially endangering national security to 20 years in prison.

More on the public perception of lulzsec

A flurry of cybersecurity

For the independents that are hacking for the lulz, they should remember that most computer criminals are not the most loyal bunch. Far from the hardened mafioso who will take some jail time to help out, or cover their cohorts.

I think you can find a statistic around about them turning coat once caught. So the real question is, if it's all for the lulz, how many lulz are gonna be there if the hammer comes down?

For the lulz means it's people with really poor foresight, if not, there's an agenda...

dude wake up.

Lulz is the government. This is all planned.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

While I see where you are coming from. I don't make absolute statements about things until there is enough information to warrant it.

Hypothetically, it could be 2 out of 10 people that have been compromised. Or it could be all of them. Or it could have been planned and carried out completely by a group contracted by a lobby group. Or it could be a bunch of malcontent people with time on their hands. Or it could be a bunch of pranksters.

The whole thing is definitely leaning in one direction... But to say "It's the gubbimnt" without having all the information, is to do yourself a disservice.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Here's a link that explains "Lulz" for you.

Have a good one.

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Saga still makes lots of games for different consoles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join