It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US-led soldier killed in Afghan war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

"An ISAF service member died following an attack in southern Afghanistan today," Reuters cited a brief statement released by the military contingent on Thursday.

The military force, however, did not announce the name or nationality of the victim.

So this story confuses me, but is a nice summation of the (intentional) complication of the middle east wars. So, a US-led soldier was killed, but we don't know his name or even nationality, so he may not even be American. He is an ISAF soldier, I had to look that up, it means International Security Assistance Force, so again, he's probably not American but he (or she) is US led.

Should I feel sympathy for this "unknown" international soldier. Should we raise an American flag for this fallen soldier, or maybe a German or British flag (who knows he could be from Turkey for all we know).

So yeah, does anyone else feel like this story sums up how meaningless the war in general is? (or all wars in general?)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You really believe all wars are meaningless?

So you believe that Native Americans should never have fought back while their cultures were being forcefully stipped away from them?

Or that Jewish people should not have joined the fight against Nazi's while 6 million of their people were being exterminated?

You may want to reconsider your above statement.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
what is meaningless is citing an iranian news website.

sorry thats just how i feel.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

You really believe all wars are meaningless?

So you believe that Native Americans should never have fought back while their cultures were being forcefully stipped away from them?

Or that Jewish people should not have joined the fight against Nazi's while 6 million of their people were being exterminated?

You may want to reconsider your above statement.

I happen to have studied Revolutionary history and know that some of the Native American tribes were paid off by the British to disrupt the colonies, that war was not very successful.

Uh, let's see, which Jewish people exactly are you talking about? The ones in Hitler's army? If more Jews fought back there wouldn't have been concentration camps.

Revolution is different from an invasive army.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
what is meaningless is citing an iranian news website.

sorry thats just how i feel.

ok well I guess your bias has been noted.
edit on 16-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So if all wars are pointless than the countries in the middle east should stop fighting back according to your logic.

Surely you realize that your post is biased towards anti-war and not realistic

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Actually what it tells me is its probable the identity wont be released until next of kin is notified in compliance with established procedures.

But by all means, lets turn it into something its probably not to prove a point that is not a point in an effort to call into question our actions in afghanistan in a completely new and surreptitious manner.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
RIP

new topics

top topics

join