It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad spends $100k and counting trying so save his kids

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I read the article and it seems more like a "Friend" of the father has written it. There is no proof of anything of which they speak in the article. If police said this and doctors said that, like I already stated before they are under OBLIGATION to turn her case (Call in a report) to the Division of Child Services. Has she been investigated? That was not mentioned only that doctors have supposedly checked his kids and said get them out of the home, again they are UNDER OBLIGATION to report any such things to the correct authorities, sounds to me like it all BS accusations with only what the father said and a friend filing an article backing him up.

Well, it's your prerogative whether or not to trust a news source, but I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the article or the information in the supporting links, particularly when I have seen such an extreme case personally from beginning to end. I have also seen similar cases many times in various stages, and even cared for children who were caught up in struggles such as these and placed in state care for a time. This article is but one example of an epidemic, not an aberration.

Where you talk about all these "obligations," yes, they do have these obligations. That is exactly the point. They are failing in their obligations as a direct result of socio-political feminism.

I'd have to see it first hand to believe it or at least some evidence. Some REAL evidence other than I saw the paperwork. Well make the paperwork public. The court is supposed to find in the best interest of the child so, going by the article and what I know I would have to say something is amiss with the source. JMO. I never seen a case like this up close, and if I did maybe I'd be able to make a better assessment. I have seen cases of Fathers saying this kind of stuff and it not being true.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

And if you think all women get off easy or get special treatment...
Read this:
Woman sentenced to Jail For Spanking Her Kid

As MOST here have been saying.The system is corrupt. For EVERY story I hear like that,I can give 5 more where a father gets shafted. Just ask the 90% that dont have primary placement of their children,based on gender bias.......
edit on 17-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Do not fall for this trap.

The poster linked a Criminal Court case to show that women have it just as bad as men, but there is a HUGE difference between Criminal Court and Family Court. When it comes to Criminal Court, we all have it bad. Criminal Courts do not care if you are male or female. Family Court is completely different and it is Family Courts who do favor women.

This is common for people with little knowledge of how law actually works. In the U.S. our courts make a distinct difference in a number of areas of law. Such as Family Court, Criminal Court, Traffic Court, Probate or Surrogate Courts, Landlord-Tenant Courts, etc etc. Fact is most States divide up their trial courts' business according to the case's subject matter and the amount of money (or other remedy) requested. This is done to allow Judges and other Court personnel to build an expertise in a particular area so that they may handle cases quickly.

Now Judges normally make rulings based on earlier rulings. This is what is known as legal precedent. So what may apply to a Criminal Court case, will not apply to a Family Court case.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'd have to see it first hand to believe it or at least some evidence. Some REAL evidence other than I saw the paperwork. Well make the paperwork public. The court is supposed to find in the best interest of the child so, going by the article and what I know I would have to say something is amiss with the source. JMO. I never seen a case like this up close, and if I did maybe I'd be able to make a better assessment. I have seen cases of Fathers saying this kind of stuff and it not being true.

Cases like this happen all the time. That is no secret and you know full well that they do if you are being at all honest with yourself.

As far as making the paperwork public, well you see, that would NOT be in the best interests of the children, which makes cases like this even more easily ignored and swept under the carpet.

Yes, something is amiss, absolutely. The court is not doing their job because of the feminist agenda.

So now if a man isn't a deadbeat, then he must be a liar? Come on now. Why would a guy lie. I'm not saying it never happens, but if we are to believe the feminist mantra that men are deadbeats who want nothing to do with their children, why would a man lie to get custody?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I Wasn't going to fall for anything......

Just pointing out the "whole" system is corrupt. All branches.........

Also pointing out that gender bias exists in family court.........

All good brother..........

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Cases like this happen all the time. That is no secret and you know full well that they do if you are being at all honest with yourself.

As far as making the paperwork public, well you see, that would NOT be in the best interests of the children, which makes cases like this even more easily ignored and swept under the carpet.

Yes, something is amiss, absolutely. The court is not doing their job because of the feminist agenda.

So now if a man isn't a deadbeat, then he must be a liar? Come on now. Why would a guy lie. I'm not saying it never happens, but if we are to believe the feminist mantra that men are deadbeats who want nothing to do with their children, why would a man lie to get custody?

Well............

An initial custody arrangement will be set up as part of a divorce, but changes in one parent's circumstances or desires (or if the parents were never married so there is no divorce decree), a separate child custody suit may be filed.

Typical costs:

Legal fees start around $3,000 -$5,000 for a relatively simple child custody case, but could be quite a bit less if both parents are in relative agreement and can settle out of court. However, legal costs can jump to $5,500 -$35,000 or more for a custody battle that includes taking depositions, hiring experts to testify, extensive "discovery" in the other parent's records, and lots of time preparing for and holding a trial.

LINK

Really,not out of the realm..........

And one of the saddest story's,as all cases,another child playing the role.........

So what, you ask, was so terrible that this young girl counldn't bear to live any longer? She was in the middle of the battle of her life, the battle between her parents. You see, her parents were divorcing and were in a bitter custody dispute. She could no longer take the tug of war, the constant arguing, each parent's righteous indignation that he/she was the best parent. This couple, whom I can only assume loved their daughter and wanted what was best for her, were so caught up in their own emotions and the custody battle over her, that they lost sight of her all together. They missed the signs. They didn't see what they were doing to her. They didn't realize what they were putting her through. These parents missed what was right in front of them, a little girl, their little girl, who believed her only way out of this situation was to kill herself.

The Ultimate Price of a Custody Battle

Gotta love the system.......

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading these recent posts, I'm having a hard time seeing anything posted ON TOPIC.

Dad spends $100k and counting trying so save his kids

Please post on topic, there will be no further name calling, suggestions that members are misogynists, or any other thread derailments.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is some insight into what it costs a man to fight for his children. It is about a lot more than just the money too.

EDIT to add: But just to be clear, I am not in total agreement with the doctor here either and would debate him on a number of points raised. He seems as much of an apologist as much as a psychologist, but sadly, his credentials have no doubt given him much say in the family courts system.

Ten Reasons for Men Not to Fight Custody Battles

1. By the end of a marriage, a woman’s rage over feeling she has been controlled and abused is at a peak. She sees custody issues as the final battle ground and will relentlessly fight to any extreme in order to win Attorneys feed on this adversarial tone and see it as a way to make money as they stoke the rage. She will pull out all the stops, and drain the father and the finances in this final stand to not let him get his way “this time”.

2. In most families, children have a stronger emotional connection to their mother. In painful custody battles, because the children are vulnerable and threatened, they will bond even more strongly with her and will perceive what father is doing through other’s eyes. Whereas a man may believe his children will appreciate how hard he is fighting for the right to be with them, he is wrong, just as fathers have traditionally been wrong in the belief that they will be loved for being good providers. What the child sees is that dad is abusing mother and is a jerk.

3. If a man has a loving bond already in place with his child, he will be missed by the child and a mother who blocks the child’s ability to be with him will find her life made hellish by an angry and rebellious child.

Dr. Herb Goldberg is a licensed clinical psychologist practicing in Los Angeles and a
Professor Emeritus at California State University. Los Angeles.

edit on 17-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jun 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: shorten lengthy quote

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
And let us not forget this man, this Father's Day. who has given so very much, and who's children have given more than most will ever know trying to get home.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

And let us not forget this man, this Father's Day. who has given so very much, and who's children have given more than most will ever know trying to get home.

Well said!

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join