It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad spends $100k and counting trying so save his kids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Being against socio-political "feminism" does not make one a misogynist, any more than being against pedophiles makes one anti-Catholic.Now if you want to discuss the merits of feminism in general, or specific topics posted in the OP, fine. But if you continue with the personal attacks I am going to report you and you have you booted from the thread.
edit on 17-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The thread has many topics. I applaud the OP to put MANY different scenarios,and Links to show how prevalent injustice is,and how the manipulation of the system is being used .

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by calstorm

Calstorm...don't worry about it. I'm having my fun here exposing the misogynists who seem to think they're not. They will attack you if you say anything positive about being a mother.

I have not attacked you at all. I did however question your logic for such blind support of the mother who is the subject of the OP. I have not taken you to task for saying something positive about Mothers. Yet you call me a misogynist.

Would you shock you if I were to tell you that my Father walked out on his family and I was raised by a single Mother who worked her backside off to support 2 ingrate boys who thought they knew everything? My Immigrant Mother never took off a stitch of clothing, never sold herself, never compromised her principles. She worked multiple jobs, all while putting herself through college trying to make a better life for not only herself, but for 2 boys who depended on her. No, she was not there all the time. She couldn't be, but she did the absolute best she could with her situation.

Is it common for a misogynist like myself to actually say that my Mother is in a lot of ways my Hero?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by CobraCommander

Don't accuse me of derailing this thread. You and your fan club of fellow misogynists started lashing out at feminists. That must have been the purpose of this thread after all since nobody seems to be discussing the actual article anymore.

Denying you're a misogynist isn't going to make it less so. It's like that guy that set himself on fire. He blamed every shortcoming in his life on feminists. The more they deny it the more it eats them up.

#1. I have never been apart of a fan club in my life.

#2. I have not lashed out at feminists, as a matter of fact I have said nothing about feminists or feminism is anyway.

So can you do what I asked of you a few pages ago and point out to me exactly what I said that gave you the impression I am a misogynist?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Okay, Wendal...I'll take you off the misogynist list, if you take me off the list of radical feminists that support the mother in question in the OP.

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by laiguana

Being against socio-political "feminism" does not make one a misogynist, any more than being against pedophiles makes one anti-Catholic.Now if you want to discuss the merits of feminism in general, or specific topics posted in the OP, fine. But if you continue with the personal attacks I am going to report you and you have you booted from the thread.

Well..it's thanks to socio-political feminism that gave women their basic rights. So, by going against the accomplishments of feminism, you're advocating that women have no rights. Which is why I brought up the middle-east as being a suitable place for people like you. Women there do not have much rights at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well..it's thanks to socio-political feminism that gave women their basic rights. So, by going against the accomplishments of feminism, you're advocating that women have no rights. Which is why I brought up the middle-east as being a suitable place for people like you. Women there do not have much rights at all.

And as has been pointed out to you numerous times in this thread already, women's suffrage is over. You have your equal rights. And talk about putting words in someone's mouth, never once did I come close to advocating that women have no rights. So again, you are trying to paint me as something I am not.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Excellent thread.
I think you know my stance,on child support and the system.

The one Story that gets me is the man spending 100k . Hes spent WAY too much money to fight this. There had to have been a Lawyer or Attorney in his State that was well versed in this type of custody hearings. Even if you find proof of an EX doing drugs,it better be solid. They offer counseling through the State,Treatment programs,etc.......and are willing to KEEP someone on those programs,chance after chance. Second,He could have easily hired an investigator,to see if she was buying drugs,or on drugs. A simple anonymous call,a few choice words,maybe say HUGE amount of drugs involved,and another strike against her. You get enough of those,and a Judge WILL have to look at the evidence.Not to mention REAL charges,and maybe prison time.

Star and Flag!

Yeah if what the article states is true I am surprised that neighbors, doctors, landlords, hell her own family just hasn't been calling The Division of Child Services making reports. This to me seems odd if what the man is saying is true. If I knew someone that was a neighbor was violent, drug and alcohol addicted, and selling drugs I would call Child services, and I am not one to get involved like that but if I knew that someone was that sorry as a parent I would most definately call and keep calling until the children were placed in a better situation. I didn't read the entire article but is there any evidence any of what the man is saying is true? Is her criminal history listed? Not that it matters, a criminal history does not make one a bad parent necessarily anyway, and it also depends what the crime was, if it was assault I can understand it obviously wasn't murder or she'd be in prison, so anything else is just moot, it doesn't have any bearing of how good or bad a parent she is. Just my $.02.

I also like to add: It's also him costing her thousands of dollars I am sure to keep going to court and having her attorney, so it works both ways. Sounds like he's bitter and just wants to make her life a living hell.
edit on 17-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Women have the RIGHT to vote.
Women have the RIGHT to reproduce.
Women have the RIGHT to work.
Women have the RIGHT to choose.

According to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), nearly 75 percent of all child custody awards are made to the mother. Only about 10 percent of child custody awards are made to fathers.

The question is,wheres the EQUALITY?
WHY are men looked at differently?
Where are these independent women who cry for equality,that they already have,and WHY are they perpetuating in the abuse of the system?

If this isnt hating on one Gender only,I dont know what is.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Actually,it doesnt matter who the better parent is. It matters WHO the system can make more money on. Unfortunately,men "still" make more then women. But that Gap is closing.

Just remember.....100k,being spread around,and NOT on his kids.........
edit on 17-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

She is a known prostitute and drug user who takes up with men who have sexually abused her children. And this case is not at all rare. The $100k price tag is what makes the news stand out, most men simply could never afford it.

But I know a man personally who spent nearly 3 years fighting for his daughters who were in a very similar, dangerous position. They were molested by her boyfriend, she was arrested for drugs, they lived in squalor so bad that the city stepped in and threatened to condemn the place on two separate occasions. And the man I know was not even fighting to bar the mother from the kids, just trying to get them out of her house to come live with him.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Feminism has always been about women's suffrage. Women still get paid less than men by the hour for the same job. Studies show that this is under the impression that men have to support families and women don't. So...I would say it's not quite over yet.
I have three pets to take care of and I don't have the luxury of adding them to my deductibles when I do my taxes every year.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Actually,it doesnt matter who the better parent is. It matters WHO the system can make more money on. Unfortunately,men "still" make more then women. But that Gap is closing.

Just remember.....100k,being spread around,and NOT on his kids.........
edit on 17-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

That's actually not true anymore in a practical sense. The only reason that men make more than women is because of top-heavy loaded stats. If you took out the billionaires and only looked at professionals and blue collar workers you would see no gender based wage disparity. And in fact, in my own experience in service and retail jobs, women are often shown favoritism for job hours, promotions, wage increases, etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Feminism has always been about women's suffrage. Women still get paid less than men by the hour for the same job. Studies show that this is under the impression that men have to support families and women don't. So...I would say it's not quite over yet.
I have three pets to take care of and I don't have the luxury of adding them to my deductibles when I do my taxes every year.

You're kidding me right? You're telling me that feminism today is about adding your cats as a tax deduction?

Aside from that, read my last post regarding wages. You might also be interested to know that more women have college degrees than men.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Who said a woman cant make it in a "Misogynistic" Mans world...............

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Okay, Wendal...I'll take you off the misogynist list, if you take me off the list of radical feminists that support the mother in question in the OP.

Well maybe this is the difference between you and I.

I never placed you on any list to start with.

Again, what I have done is question your logic for your blind support of the mother who is the subject of the OP, and rightfully so. I have not claimed you are a radical feminists. As a matter of FACT... I have not used the word feminists in any of my postings for the exception of pointing out that I have not used the word or made any mention of feminism.

If you truly believe what you are saying, it should never be an issue to have your logic questioned. It simply gives you an opportunity to explain your position and maybe even get others to see things in a different light. Instead you have attacked everyone who disagrees with you and have made no attempt to explain your actions for doing so.

I do not care if you leave me on your misogynist list or not. What I would like is an answer to my question. Can you please show me what I said that gave you the impression that I was a misogynist. If you are unable to do that, then I have to ask, why did you even bother to call me a misogynist? Fact is, you called me that on at least 2 occasions in replies that were directed at me specifically. Or is that just the cool word you toss out for anyone who disagrees with you?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

No..not cats, 2 iguanas, 1 large dog...They are high maintenance too, just like kids.

Anyway...while women may be getting more degrees...they are also going into debt faster. A degree doesn't always guarantee someone a job either. I stalled grad school to work and mainly because I had no desire to get into heavy debt.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm a female and I find no one in this thread to be a misogynist. We have our equal rights. There may be some kinks to work out in some places, but that is minimal. In fact, I feel like I can do whatever a man can do aside from some of the biological differences. I don't feel the least bit oppressed just because I'm a female.

I have always disliked how the courts handle custody battles. I have felt that often good men are overlooked in the cases purely because the other person has a womb even if that person can't financially afford to take care of the child, and may in fact neglect the child. I'm not saying all women are bad nor that all men are good. It is based on the individual. However, I have often seen men who bust their humps to pay child support and the woman is doing nothing yet she seems to spend a lot of time at the salon or shopping for really nice clothes despite not actually being employed. That's the sort of thing that gripes me most. It's really not equal in the courts, and could use some serious reconsideration on how things are handled.

It's obvious the children mentioned in the OP are not being helped by the courts at all. It's a real shame because it sounds like the good of the kids is being disregarded purely so the mother can have custody simply because she's the mother.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No..not cats, 2 iguanas, 1 large dog...They are high maintenance too, just like kids.

Anyway...while women may be getting more degrees...they are also going into debt faster. A degree doesn't always guarantee someone a job either. I stalled grad school to work and mainly because I had no desire to get into heavy debt.

I really don't care what pets you have or what their maintenance is. You chose to buy the pets, it's your problem, not men's.

Now did you not see what I just posted about women earning more as well? Have a look at Sonny's videos.

Show me where women are going into debt faster than men, and then show me how it's the fault of men that women can't control their spending habits.

Fine, you chose to stall grad school. How is the the fault of men?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Apparently you jumped into it...not even bothering to read anything I've said regarding the mother in the OP...and accused me of supporting her without question.
By misrepresenting what I've said..I was forced to point you out as a misogynist. Now...I don't care if you continue to say I still favor the mother in this case, because it's not true...and I will be happy to continue making reference to your misogynist agenda.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tenpenny

And that is the status quo. Big star for your post ma'am. (Tips hat)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join