It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lies about 'PMS'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hope someone injects you with massive amounts estrogen in your sleep and spikes your drink with birth control to throw your hormones out of whack, and that you choke on you're own ignorant words.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I found a snippet on male hormones. It sounds like the sight is making women aware that their men will also go through hormonal changes in their lifetime.

Men just don't get the monthly PMS, they get hit all at once when they're older. How hard will probably also depend on the state of their health at that time.

www.epigee.org...

Have you noticed your father, brother, or partner acting strangely lately? Does he forget things, seem lethargic, or wake up sweating? If so, he may be suffering from male menopause. While this likely sounds unbelievable to most women, more and more people are suggesting that male menopause really does exist. Like female menopause, menopause in men seems to involve a drop in hormone levels around middle age. Often referred to with contempt as the "mid-life crisis," men may really be suffering from a documented illness. So grab the man in your life and make him aware of what he may be facing when he reaches middle age.

A few years ago, really only a generation or two ago, the idea of hormones was a subject that just wasn't spoken about.
It makes sense that male menopause has gone unrecognized too.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I'm familiar with this, it's humorously referred to as "manopause"
. Uh manopause has gone unrecognized because it doesn't even compare in severity to female menopause.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I've said this before, but I will repeat it for you.

All men, who think like you, will have a special little gate in Heaven waiting for them. What will it say on the gate?

ESTROGEN

(: ha!

All those who think like you will have to spend a mandatory time limit there until you BEG to be released .

You will spend some time there my friend, you will. Happy visiting. (: (It ain't pretty)

Ciao!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

After talking with my good spirit buddy, I was dead wrong and very selfish in my thinking, if I do not understand something I will ask, maybe it came out wrong, but that is what questions are for,and yes ,I am shocked to what I found out my self.i am man i was wrong,so be it,i apologize only to the civil humans on the ats about this subject matter.

OP, For your turnaround, I take back my thumbs down and give you a thumbs up instead

I am sure that there are women out there that use any excuse to be bitchy or lazy or whatever, but PMS is a nasty trick to play on women and some suffer worse than others.

Like I said I suffered with it for nearly 35 years, well before there was a name for it, or a treatment. Every month two to three days before the end of the cycle I would become very angry, dark, moody and full of despair. I indeed felt as if I'd grown claws, fangs and horns for a bit...like a werewolf maybe. Like a switch turned in my head as soon as the flow started, the symptoms lifted--as if a miracle. I learned to expect it and to take care with how I treated others during that time...because, truly, others don't deserve the sharp end of the stick when our hormones are running awry.

Now there are treatments and diet suggestions, support groups and acceptance. What a difference!

Have a care for those who are different than you. A bit of a helping hand and understanding may just be the ticket.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You are so wrong, pms or pmdd is a real problem for many women sometimes it causes me to throw up or i can't stand for a long period of time and i get physically wiped out.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well at least it was good to hear Immortalgemini527 admit he was wrong.

Now ladies...

Please go back through this thread and find all the men who knew better.Its a bit of a no brainer that PMS and period pain affect each women differently,it has little to do with strength,some may play on it a bit,but some women suffer badly from it.So you found all those that defended you? ok.....

Then the next time you laugh when you see a man whacked in the nuts that most of you find absolutely hilarious, ask yourself why? let alone hit them there for the fun of it.

Because when the roles are reversed with womens issues most of us men can at least sympathise and not laugh at you.

It should only be legal for men to laugh at other men,cause your not qualified to know,you can think yourself lucky

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Then the next time you laugh when you see a man whacked in the nuts that most of you find absolutely hilarious, ask yourself why? let alone hit them there for the fun of it.

I can honestly say I've never seen a woman laugh at a man being hit in the testicles.

edit on 15-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

*snip* I was dead wrong and very selfish in my thinking, if I do not understand something I will ask, maybe it came out wrong, but that is what questions are for,and yes ,I am shocked to what I found out my self.i am man i was wrong,so be it,i apologize only to the civil humans on the ats about this subject matter.*snip*

Good for you brother for reevaluating your position after some healthy discussion....some people don't/can't/won't

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Wow!

You guys over there don`t have "Funniest Home Videos" either? there would be at least two per show I think and the loudest laughs are from the women in the audience.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

After talking with my good spirit buddy, I was dead wrong and very selfish in my thinking, if I do not understand something I will ask, maybe it came out wrong, but that is what questions are for,and yes ,I am shocked to what I found out my self.i am man i was wrong,so be it,i apologize only to the civil humans on the ats about this subject matter.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

That was so incredibly humble and sweet.. and me in my hormonal state, got all teary eyed reading that!!! Thank you for saying that, and THANK you snow spirit for not jumping on him and understanding that he truly just did not know what it was all about!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

THANK you snow spirit for not jumping on him and understanding that he truly just did not know what it was all about!

Men and women are often like two different species, each comes with it's own set of strange stuff. Stuff that we often don't understand about ourselves, let alone the other gender

I got lucky with my man. There was often times he'd look at me and ask if it was almost "that time" , because HE had a headache
Very empathic, except that when he got my pms headache, I wouldn't get one that month.

edit on 15-6-2011 by snowspirit because: grammar

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Do you have a menstrual cycle for which to speak from experience? So you'd know every woman is different, so unless you've had monthly cycle you have no clue as to what it's actually like and most certainly wouldn't know what your friend's girlfriend is experiencing.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Its bad enough I’m living with 6 females and 4 of them are bleeding all over the place every month, its bad enough when I am eating dinner, I have to see a tampax bloody commercial every 3 minutes.’ mental picture’ GAG! And it is even worst when they try to pull the’ I’m cranky card’ as if I care.

Im a woman and I agree the PMS excuse is many times just that, an excuse. However, I really feel sorry for the women in your life.

I have one woman that i have been with for 14 years, and i will not allow such lies in my house.

Holy crap, Andy did you join the Dark Side?

What an a-hat.

lol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I feel bad because I found out he smacked his girl, which is not expectable in my book

Humm..

I had no idea people could use the Rant forum to actually talk utter tripe in their attempt at trolling.

This is, imo, slightly less in scale than the OP saying "Yeah so I hate those homeless people, and I want out last night and bashed a few. Might upload the video to youtube. Stupid homeless people. It was fun."

Because I find the entire thread offensive and the OP someone, while obviously trolling, who has no 'expectations' (as opposed to something being 'acceptable/expectable') of being anything but offensive.

For this, I have not enough palms or face...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I find it quite amusing how this was an obvious troll attempt and most of you fell for the bait. However just in-case it really wasn't a post to get attention, I will pardon the serious replies as they do add something good to the thread. Think about it; there are so many topics to choose from many of which get little to no attention, but when an ignorant and/or troll post arrives on the premise it receives 6 pages [so far] of comments. People on ATS are quite enthusiastic when it comes to posting in defense of their ideologies.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

wow all these stars and not one for you?
there you go!!

man is still the dominant species on this planet.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by czygyny

OP, For your turnaround, I take back my thumbs down and give you a thumbs up instead

I am sure that there are women out there that use any excuse to be bitchy or lazy or whatever, but PMS is a nasty trick to play on women and some suffer worse than others.

Like I said I suffered with it for nearly 35 years, well before there was a name for it, or a treatment. Every month two to three days before the end of the cycle I would become very angry, dark, moody and full of despair. I indeed felt as if I'd grown claws, fangs and horns for a bit...like a werewolf maybe. Like a switch turned in my head as soon as the flow started, the symptoms lifted--as if a miracle. I learned to expect it and to take care with how I treated others during that time...because, truly, others don't deserve the sharp end of the stick when our hormones are running awry.

Now there are treatments and diet suggestions, support groups and acceptance. What a difference!

Have a care for those who are different than you. A bit of a helping hand and understanding may just be the ticket.

TextHave a care for those who are different than you. A bit of a helping hand and understanding may just be the ticket.

I told my girl I did this thread. After I told her, she said 'remember that day your stomach was hurting so bad and you just didn’t want to be bothered'
I said yes.
She said>Well times that by five and you will see how us woman feel.

I honestly could not times it by five or think to times it by five ,because I would have probably killed my self, but I clearly understand that…pms is not a myth and it is not a lie…in some cases when its not abused.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

*snip* I was dead wrong and very selfish in my thinking, if I do not understand something I will ask, maybe it came out wrong, but that is what questions are for,and yes ,I am shocked to what I found out my self.i am man i was wrong,so be it,i apologize only to the civil humans on the ats about this subject matter.*snip*

Good for you brother for reevaluating your position after some healthy discussion....some people don't/can't/won't

A man does not understand a woman as much as they should, I had one woman snap on me 2 times in my life, and that is because she was pregnant.
I remember one time in my life not to long ago, my stomach was hurting so bad, I could not walk think, and I did not want to hear any noice at all.
My girl reminded me of that day, so I think I understand now…but then again she did say ‘times that by 5 and you might see what we go through during the first 2 to 4 days‘....lol,i coudnt even times it by 2 with out passing out thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

It's called "empathy," dude. Look it up. And even though I might be using a tampon right now (I'm not, actually), let me come out of my menstrual hut to learn you to spell "pants."
We're not on this planet to command each other ("don't do unto others what is hateful to yourself,") but to help one another.
There are moments when we all need some alone time. How about investing in a freezer and a microwave and cook double-batches so when either one of you isn't feeling so well, you can feed yourself. Compassion is good; posting like a woman-hater__not at all.
Women are your equals; have respect for them as well as for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join