It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lies about 'PMS'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Dude, it's not just your house...and why do you call them "lies" when you can't possibly know that. Try getting her some medical attention. Each person is affected by hormonal fluxes...unless you're a robot. Are you a robot?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

That particular woman was no doubt speaking of her own experience; she can't speak for what another woman is feeling during menstruation.

I've had times when I've had surges in energy and did great in sports, and on other cycles have been writhing in pain and needing to stay abed.

Don't get in each other's face; step back and give space. She's not yours to "control." Respect goes both ways.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

He's not joking. He's doing unto others as he would have them do unto him. .

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I am so glad you came to your senses and realized your error. I dont wish the wrath of a PMS suffering woman upon you. I was trying to save you.
LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Are you single? Cause if you aren't I feel for the woman in your life. You posts on women are nothing but rude and sexist.

PMS does exist. How the hell can you comprehend something you don't get? Do you have any idea what it is like for some of us and PMS? Let me tell you.

I know every month I am going to be highly tortured with pain that is unimaginable, nausea, hot flashes, bloating, mood swings (emotional for me), back aches, leg aches...pretty much I want to be asleep for the first few days...Other wonderful things happen that are not pleasant to discuss and are personal. So yeah "sorry honey I don't feel good" or "sorry honey I have cramps" are not used as lines all the time and maybe you should put yourself in a females shoes for once. It isn't fun esp not for me. I wouldn't mind the pain if it was worth it in the end but I can't have kids so it pisses me off even more that I have to be tortured every month for nothing...well that is how I look at it, it's torture!!!

So you really have no right or say in PMS since you are a man and you don't have the parts. To me that is like a male gynecologist. How the hell does he know what you mean when there is no way he does?!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If EVER someone deserved a massive kick in the crackers it's the OP.
I can't do it, I wouldn't be able to stop...
And I'm not even PMS'ing yet.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by RightInTwo

Wow!

You guys over there don`t have "Funniest Home Videos" either? there would be at least two per show I think and the loudest laughs are from the women in the audience.

Yes we do have that show. HAHA there is a live audience there but the people you hear laughing during the videos are laugh tracks and not the audience. Oh wow!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When the women of ATS get a hold of the OP it's going to make "300" look like an episode of "Barney".....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
We should make a diary, though I'm sure those who hang out here often enough will end up having synchronized visits from *Aunt Erma*.
Least OP will know to hide that week.

I don't particularly suffer from the aches, pains & weeping. I'm far more the murderous monster type.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If you mean that, then I apoligize for the jabs I took. It totally redeems you to admit you were wrong and apoligize, and be willing to learn more about it. IF you really mean it.

edit on 6/16/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
We should make a diary, though I'm sure those who hang out here often enough will end up having synchronized visits from *Aunt Erma*.

I don't particularly suffer from the aches, pains & weeping. I'm far more the murderous monster type.

After experiencing labor for 13 hours and then natural child birth of a 9 pound baby, I don't complain much over periods. Though I do enjoy my "fangs-bared, red-eyed, don't-even-#-with-me-right-now" demeanor once a month. I suppose we could take this thread to a whole new level for the OP who saw the light and accepted PMS. I wonder how he feels about child birth? HAHAHHA

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Snowspirit and Kinglizard, kudos to you. Even when faced with something that many find offensive (obviously), you attempt to counsel with kindness and understanding. You do not continue the endless cycle that has plagued this world for many years..

Immortal, it can be hard to admit when we have stepped over a line. Good job being "man" enough to do so. It can be hard sometimes, but when those things start to rise from within and slowly escape your mouth, think about it first, you know? We have had our discussions in the past, so hopefully you will know i am not judging you, it is something we all must deal with regardless of topic. We all have our moments of difficulty, but hopefully next time, you can guide them as snowspirit and kinglizard have helped you.

Sometimes it is hard to bite our tongue, but in the end, it shows strength and mindfulness if we are able to do so in the first place, and continuously.

We are all learning different lessons

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
you know to be honest, I find it quite hilarious how men get like this with women during that time of the month
I'm fine with it, go with the flow
tis normal and I understand that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Let's see....
Knowledge of the female body? Fail.
Knowledge of hormones and their effect on humans? Fail.
Knowledge about equality? Fail.
Knowledge about spelling? Fail.

Let me guess....you don't get out much, do you?

Or maybe you should have asked "you don't get much, do you?"
Sorry, bless his little heart.
Not all women experience PMS effects, but those who do I feel for. The hormones go out of whack causing all types of emotions, and the stomach cramps can be unbearable. Men can have the same symptoms, minus the bleeding, when their hormones get off kilter. Low or high testosterone is one that comes to mind. Ever see a guy have a Roid rage?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Excellent! You have found the perfect way to explain this. Bravo!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Yep, hit the nail on the head. My GF suffers from cramps and all sorts, somtimes in which she can't even hold in the tears because of the pain. I definatly feel for her.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13

Originally posted by Suspiria

After experiencing labor for 13 hours and then natural child birth of a 9 pound baby, I don't complain much over periods. Though I do enjoy my "fangs-bared, red-eyed, don't-even-#-with-me-right-now" demeanor once a month. I suppose we could take this thread to a whole new level for the OP who saw the light and accepted PMS. I wonder how he feels about child birth? HAHAHHA

I think my next thread will be,’ the myth and lies about the pain woman feel giving birth.
I mean really now, any body can have a baby, just push, breath and grab your husband’s hand, what could be so hard about that?
:loll: just playing.
I have one of those brains in which if you mention childbirth, I feel a tingling sensation down there for some reason, if some one mentions anything dealing with pain, I feel it for some reason, im weird I know.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

If you mean that, then I apoligize for the jabs I took. It totally redeems you to admit you were wrong and apoligize, and be willing to learn more about it. IF you really mean it.

edit on 6/16/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

I am a very humble person in life, but I am a man, and allot of you all do not understand that men are very clueless when it comes to the woman. Some of my threads might be a little weird and little controversial but never trolley and can always be debated regardless of what the title or the op says.

If a person comes out as troll on my thread, then I will reacted like a troll.
If a person has something sarcastic to say, I will say something sarcastic back or just ignore them.
When a person replies in a healthy way with good info, then the conversation becomes priceless .
And when a man is wrong, he should apologize with out a second thought.

I believe in the ‘MOTHER OF ALL LIFE’ ‘THE MOTHER OF ALL MOTHERS’ so I am not a male oinker.lol

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Are you single? Cause if you aren't I feel for the woman in your life. You posts on women are nothing but rude and sexist.

PMS does exist. How the hell can you comprehend something you don't get? Do you have any idea what it is like for some of us and PMS? Let me tell you.

I know every month I am going to be highly tortured with pain that is unimaginable, nausea, hot flashes, bloating, mood swings (emotional for me), back aches, leg aches...pretty much I want to be asleep for the first few days...Other wonderful things happen that are not pleasant to discuss and are personal. So yeah "sorry honey I don't feel good" or "sorry honey I have cramps" are not used as lines all the time and maybe you should put yourself in a females shoes for once. It isn't fun esp not for me. I wouldn't mind the pain if it was worth it in the end but I can't have kids so it pisses me off even more that I have to be tortured every month for nothing...well that is how I look at it, it's torture!!!

So you really have no right or say in PMS since you are a man and you don't have the parts. To me that is like a male gynecologist. How the hell does he know what you mean when there is no way he does?!

PMS does exist. How the hell can you comprehend something you don't get?

i will leave it there.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

What kind of answer is that?!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join