It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, Sane or insane?brainwashing? Whats your take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I would like to start this topic by saying this is not ment to offend anyone this is just a examination, i will start off with religion and finnaly bring extraterestrials into the equasion.

Ok so lets start with this, many religious people have told me that im insane for believing in ufos but my reply has always been, "There is more evidence of UFOs in video evidence,ancient text and carvings and modern day testimonies and sighting then there ever has with religion" Which i believe is true, religion has only a small amount of things that state its presence but not its actual existance, example: A book that was magically written by who ever the author may be, church estblishments and a bunch of "followers" who "claim" they feel gods presence. In some parts of the bible the are discriptions of things to do with encounters that represent simmilarities to extraterestrial contact which in my opinion is just more proof that even religion has evidence ET's exist, the incident at Mt Cinai which is a perfect example of witness accounts of abductions and the side effects that follow but this also makes me question the if the bible is a really a fraud.

Brainwashing? Mental illness? or Willpower?
I would like to focus now on religous groups and Cults and technically they are cults, the definition is "A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object" Which hence the worshiping of God and jesus and other religious figures that are idiolised in there practaces,Now fo rmany many moons "years" people have been worshiping Jesus and god with the hope he will come back for them, we have had many years of the apparent rapture or return of christ, but yet consistantly without fail, Nothing. yet some how they still keep believing that God is coming, i personally wonder how these people feel when this constant let down happens, its odd how the media and public doesnt say to these people "Well? what happened? where is God?.When we look at cults like Hillsong and so forth it makes you wonder what is going on, are these people for real? am i missing out on something? are they crazy? or do they just have immence will power to believe in something that isnt there? i think personally its desperation mixed with brainwashing and as scientificaly proven: the human minds imagination,daydreaming and dreaming fantasies stem from particular parts of them brain depending on the topic of imagination,meaning depending on the topic each scnario steams from a particular cortex,with people who speak in tounges there is a part of the brain that reacts when the act of speaking in tounges is performed but i don not believe this is because of this influence of God . Many religious cults require injection of income from sources whether it be there followers or a big investor who has been persuaded enough to inject money into a pointless scheme only to brainwash people by the masses, i think personaly if Charles Manson can do it and so can government agencies then who says that religious leader and there enthusiast can't, a perfect example or reminder of how religions convince people to donate money is Insane clown posses song Hallelujah, it basically states in the song how religious leaders like preachers, use examples of healing and ask for the money to do so or people invest in the religious establishment for the belief and miracles, but after this miracle is performed the person who has been "Healed" isnt actually healed and there never has been from my knowledge. .

So wheres the proof? I believe and so do many others who research ufology,not all,but a decent amount believe that "God" is of extraterestrial origin and there is plenty of ancient text to prove so, nepphalim, fallen angels, a smoking pillar of fire, theres heaps of examples, if you look at the photo from one of the NASA apollo landings there is a ufo seen in a photograph that appears of a bright red or orange fire like color, this seems abit coincidential whether its a real photo or not. The main argument here is is religion the most long lasting brainwashing delusion cult to exist in the history of humans? are the followers mentally brainwashed? insane? who knows, i dont believe speaking in tongues actually proves anything, you or i could mutter a bunch of words that make no sence just like baby talk does to an adult and say, i spoke tongues, the lord is in me! there is no proof to show scientificaly that there is a common gramma structure or index of definitions amoungst those who speak in tongues, What i mean is, like with english language the is a deffinition, a comminality with word asscociation or spelling, where as tongues has not definition refference, its all just babbling, is this not similar to possable insanity? ranting and raving?

We have many preist who commit the most heinous of crimes against children but no one says "did god tell you to do this"? because asking that would be unforgivable, or some people dont have the courage to ask, so obviously theres something that leads these clergymen or priest to do these things, when you look at the adult mind and its abillity to brainsh the weaker minded or children for example who are not mentally powered enought to know better, i think as religion is a easy brainwashing game, so is brainwashing young males as has been proven by these priest, maybe these preist know theres no Jesus or lord to punish them, so instead they use the imagination and the fear of the lord to make people do these things, this is common with bullies, parent's,Government agencies,pedophiles,Cults,occults or even something as simple as office gossip, tell something something without acutal proof and a majority of the time they will believe you, then have you and that person tell another person, and that person is convinced too, repeat this process, like with religion and it duplicates on a mass scale and eventually you will have everyone eating out of the palm of your hand and they will all be "brainwashed" and follow everything there told, it just goes to show how weak the human mind is.But then theres only one other explanation for relgions belief and it comes back to extraterestrials, maybe extraterestrials are Angels and God is a highly authoritive leader, or the extraterestrails believe god is everything in existance as a large protion of humans believe, maybe over the centuries its sort of like chinese whispers? the original explanation has been distorted far from the truth? maybe these angels are like palaedians, human appearance but with devine powers? look and the rumor of giants, yet there has been giant skeletons found in countries that represent the same design as humans. History holds the secrets to alot of the most complicated answers in todays world, after all, the ancients knew so much about space and star sytems but yet they had the most basic techknowledgy, its possible they could have been given this devine information by visitors from extraterestrial constellations, Extraterestials and God hold a close tie but which one will actually be proven first who knows, i think extraterestrails, yet there is less evidence of GOD and jesus then Extraterestrials but yet more people believe in religion, ahh the human mind, ever so powerful and complex, yet oh so easily manipulated.

Tahnya.I.
P.S: Dear mods, i dont know how to put post into catagories so you may have to do it for me, im pretty sure it will go in scociety and relgion

edit on 19/01/2011 by Tahnya86 because: added more information

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Religion, Sane or insane?brainwashing? Whats your take?,

Depends on which religion and what aspects. You can't lump them all together and there is no one word that can best sum it all up.

Psychology - man needs a higher purpose to believe in. Even if that belief is wrong.
Some aspects of religion and spirituality are good for humans. Some are bad for them.
Guilt is used by many of the religions to keep the followers in line. That's bad.
Some aspects are good ... do unto others as you would have them do unto you ... that kinda thing.

The LIES and the wars and the jihads over beliefs are a cancer on humanity.

Doctrines that keep women down ... subserviant to men ... as nothing more than sex toys and baby machines .... those are vile and ugly. Christianity (onanism) is guilty in the past of making women into baby machines and Islam still does both ... make them into sex toys and baby machines. Womens wombs are made intruments of war against those who don't worship god the same way .... outbreeding the enemy .. does it work?

People blindly follow what has been taught to them instead of investigating for themselves. Christians are told that David wrote the Psalms, and yet we know for a fact that many of them came from ancient egyptian hymns written by Akenaton to his pagan sun god. Muslims hold their Qu'ran in reverence, and yet it is full of contradictions and errors ... like Marion from Moses' time being called the Mary who is the mother of Jesus. (and yet idiots around the world will defend the integrity of the Qu'ran at the cost of their lives)

The wiccans teach 'do ye no harm'. That's sane.
Hindus and Buddhists talk about karma. That's pretty sane to me.
Islam teaches one unending sex orgy for men in the afterlife. That's absurdly insane.
Catholics teach that those who die before us are helping us. Since energy doesn't die, I'm thinking we don't either and if we care about people in this life there is no reason why we wouldn't in the next so it makes some sense.
Fundamentalist protestants (some of them) teach that only 144,000 people will get to heaven. INSANE us v them cultist mentality.

Sane, insane, brainwashing ..you ask?
Depends on which aspects.
Can't lump 'em all together.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's a tool to make people behave themselves and to explain the inexplicable. It's a useful tool though and I use it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Veryy well said, your view on the sectors of religion is dead on correct
and yes, its disgusting the way that religions teach woman to be subservant baby machines and if there not god help them, i admire your compassion
amd to the second poster, yes, it is a behavial machanisim, as i say "Religion is a guideline" its used to put fear into us, and yet i wounder if it didnt exist would the world be havoc? or would we be allot further and better off in the future? i really feel sorry for all the religous people who may one day find out its not what they percieve it to be and they have wasted their lives, but i have said to my partner, if i had to be a relion, id be budist, i have many pagan friends and i respects them all, and she agrees with me haha, but im agnostic
believe it when i see it

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86

Ok so lets start with this, many religious people have told me that im insane for believing in ufos but...

Oh, that's rich.

People just don't understand the true nature of the UFO phenomenon. Especially when they think of religion and UFOs separately and as competing with each other. UFOs and 'aliens' and yes even angels must all be thought of in terms of world religion and comparative mysticism and parapsychology. Not in terms of exobiology and technology and so forth.

...the incident at Mt Cinai which is a perfect example of witness accounts of abductions and the side effects that follow but this also makes me question the if the bible is a really a fraud.

You can think about religion in terms of aliens and abductions but if you do you are getting it backwards. You should be thinking about aliens in terms of religion, because mysticism is how we have communicated with them throughout the ages, even now. Aliens and angels are both psychic manifestations of the same archetype of the collective unconscious.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Although i respect your opinion, i dont not believe ufos are imaginary, if thats what your saying, like i said, there are videos,ancient text, abductees, ex government officials", top generals,NASA videos that show there existence, yet not a shred of video or PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence that shows gods or jesuses existance!if anything extraterestrials MAY be what is interpreted as what was in the bible, but the OLD testimate is they key to that,but due to poor translation different meaning and words have been put into the new tesimate.the number of ufo sightings outweighs god and jesus.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think it could be considered as brainwashing; every child is born an atheist. They have no concept of god, or church or religion. That idea of god is, sometimes, forced upon them from an early age using arguably heinous methods i.e. telling them that they will go to hell and burn for eternity if they do not follow the commands of a celestial dictator; or in the case of Islam, murdered.

But then again, using that logic a lot of things could be considered brainwashing.

Also, regarding placing the topic: scroll to the top and you should see the blue bar, click 'forums', which will take you to a new web page then scroll down to the forum of your choice (i.e. religion, faith and theology). Click on it and then press 'new thread' when you are on the next page

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Ahhh i see! thank you on the tip of how to post in topical forums, and i agree with you, my partner and i refuse to force religion upon our child as it is brainwashing, but also nonscnece haha, its the same as the parents of the "genderless child" they refuse to reveal there childs sex because of todays influences upon whats male and female, hence why so many transgender people are so repressed in being there selves.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

Who's to say that those who say this aren't brainwashed?

Don't get me wrong I believe the same (generally speaking) but who's to say it's right?

edit on 15/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I believe Christianity was originally formed as an expression of genuine beliefs shared by a group of people with common interests. In fact I think it was quite innocuous in its origins. However, it did spread soon into the realm of politics, and there it was realised as being an highly efficient tool to subjugate society. I think not that it was developed with some kind of sadistic intent of controlling women, or any particular "minority" - that was just how things were at the time, even before Christianity came into play. However it did do its utmost to quell any threat which would have potential to topple its dogmatic regime.

I shan't delve into an history lesson here. You know what went down. But please do not think of organised religion being purely evil in design. Originally it took hold so well because it offered explanation for things which could not otherwise have been explained - but which now are can be explained with science of course! So we no longer have any need for it in a political setting, hence why secularity is a very desirable goal!

Personal belief, however, must be respected, if not agreed with. Do not attempt to debate with people who share different beliefs than you. I could say that believing in UFO's is just as ridiculous as believing in a god, but I shan't, because a person's faith, no matter where it lies, should always be a personal choice and is not my business to tear asunder with my own opinions, which perhaps form a dogma in themselves! As long as it is kept personal though, and with mutual respect for the beliefs of others, then arguing over it is futile, and such waste of time when your thoughts could so better be directed at things which require no leap of faith - but merely a collusion of logic and reason! Think how many problems could be solved then.

You should know Aesop: "United we stand, but divided we fall." Divide yourself not over personal perspectives of others, but use them to enrich your own understanding. As I have said, politics are far different to the workings of an individual mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
I think it could be considered as brainwashing; every child is born an atheist. They have no concept of god, or church or religion.

Are you sure about that? We don't know what pre-birth memories children are born with that are forgotten. It's impossible to say they are born atheist. You can say they are born without a church or a religion ... but as for the concept of god ... we don't know.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We don't know what pre-birth memories children are born with that are forgotten. It's impossible to say they are born atheist. You can say they are born without a church or a religion ... but as for the concept of god ... we don't know.

They are incapable of rational thought and, as past lives have never been proven, it would not be unreasonable to say they have never heard of a god

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

The vast majority of religious individuals are perfectly sane, though I think some of their beliefs and practices range from a bit odd to totally excrement on the wall insane. Brainwashing...not so much. It's more like being comfortable with what you grew up with. You're less likely to change a belief that you've held your whole life.

My take is that religion is a cultural institution that began at a time when people weren't able to explain the world around them and is based in several known psychological phenomenon that cause people to see and hear intention in everything, even though we're just hearing the rustling of a bush.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86
I would like to start this topic by saying this is not ment to offend anyone this is just a examination, i will start off with religion and finnaly bring extraterestrials into the equasion.

I know you do not mean to offend the local Christians here, but rest assured some will get that way. Good post, by the way. Care if I comment some?

Ok so lets start with this, many religious people have told me that im insane for believing in ufos but my reply has always been, "There is more evidence of UFOs in video evidence,ancient text and carvings and modern day testimonies and sighting then there ever has with religion" Which i believe is true, religion has only a small amount of things that state its presence but not its actual existance, example: A book that was magically written by who ever the author may be, church estblishments and a bunch of "followers" who "claim" they feel gods presence. In some parts of the bible the are discriptions of things to do with encounters that represent simmilarities to extraterestrial contact which in my opinion is just more proof that even religion has evidence ET's exist, the incident at Mt Cinai which is a perfect example of witness accounts of abductions and the side effects that follow but this also makes me question the if the bible is a really a fraud.

Friend, you think a lot like I do. I have heard all of the labels, crazy, on drugs, what are you smoking, '___' freak, need mental help, and so on. I know there are ETs for a fact, I have seen them, and rode on one myself. No, I don't have photos, or a piece of the craft, or any proof whatsoever, You will just have to take in on Faith. You know, like Christians take everything they believe in on Faith. I have read the KJB twice, and have been involved in the study of religions for many years now, having read a great many books on the subject. I would say most of the OT stories are taken from older writings from Ancient Babylon and Sumeria. The NT, research shows, was authored by a roman family. Even Christians attribute it to Paul, he was in fact a Roman.

Brainwashing? Mental illness? or Willpower?
I would like to focus now on religous groups and Cults and technically they are cults, the definition is "A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object" Which hence the worshiping of God and jesus and other religious figures that are idiolised in there practaces,Now fo rmany many moons "years" people have been worshiping Jesus and god with the hope he will come back for them, we have had many years of the apparent rapture or return of christ, but yet consistantly without fail, Nothing. yet some how they still keep believing that God is coming, i personally wonder how these people feel when this constant let down happens, its odd how the media and public doesnt say to these people "Well? what happened? where is God?.When we look at cults like Hillsong and so forth it makes you wonder what is going on, are these people for real? am i missing out on something? are they crazy? or do they just have immence will power to believe in something that isnt there? i think personally its desperation mixed with brainwashing and as scientificaly proven: the human minds imagination,daydreaming and dreaming fantasies stem from particular parts of them brain depending on the topic of imagination,meaning depending on the topic each scnario steams from a particular cortex,with people who speak in tounges there is a part of the brain that reacts when the act of speaking in tounges is performed but i don not believe this is because of this influence of God . Many religious cults require injection of income from sources whether it be there followers or a big investor who has been persuaded enough to inject money into a pointless scheme only to brainwash people by the masses, i think personaly if Charles Manson can do it and so can government agencies then who says that religious leader and there enthusiast can't, a perfect example or reminder of how religions convince people to donate money is Insane clown posses song Hallelujah, it basically states in the song how religious leaders like preachers, use examples of healing and ask for the money to do so or people invest in the religious establishment for the belief and miracles, but after this miracle is performed the person who has been "Healed" isnt actually healed and there never has been from my knowledge. .

Well, it is a kind of mental illness to believe a book written so long ago by men is the actual words of God/Jesus. It is a mental illness indeed when people believe in talking snakes, donkeys and shrubbery. It takes a mental illness to believe that a senior citizen built a big wooden boat and was then able to physically load EVERY pair of animal species in his lifetime from all over the planet and then believe they all lived for 40 days and nights. Especially so when Egyptians records exist thorough-out that time period which would have been destroyed by the "world-wide flood". It takes a mental illness to believe that a book which is filled with contradictions, atrocities, and absurdities is of a "divine " "supernatural" "perfect" creator/being. Especially with all of the really bad things the God of the Bible did to those people. And the cult definition here fits perfectly, doesn't it? The Christians in my town in Southern Ohio are all very cult like. Jesus is their God, only the NT is real, any other book was inspired by Satan. All aliens/ET being are in fact Satan's Demonic Army, you don't have a soul unless you have Jesus in your hart and are "saved." And they actually eat their God and drink his blood once a month.

So wheres the proof? I believe and so do many others who research ufology,not all,but a decent amount believe that "God" is of extraterestrial origin and there is plenty of ancient text to prove so, nepphalim, fallen angels, a smoking pillar of fire, theres heaps of examples, if you look at the photo from one of the NASA apollo landings there is a ufo seen in a photograph that appears of a bright red or orange fire like color, this seems abit coincidential whether its a real photo or not. The main argument here is is religion the most long lasting brainwashing delusion cult to exist in the history of humans? are the followers mentally brainwashed? insane? who knows, i dont believe speaking in tongues actually proves anything, you or i could mutter a bunch of words that make no sence just like baby talk does to an adult and say, i spoke tongues, the lord is in me! there is no proof to show scientificaly that there is a common gramma structure or index of definitions amoungst those who speak in tongues, What i mean is, like with english language the is a deffinition, a comminality with word asscociation or spelling, where as tongues has not definition refference, its all just babbling, is this not similar to possable insanity? ranting and raving?

Oh, NASA? They are in league with the Devil, I have been told. so are scientists. If it ain't in their book, it ain't real, and does not exist. they believe is beings they cannot see, no matter how many time they say they did see, but aliens? they are made up and fake, as are every photos and video of ET or their craft.

The really sad thing is, friend, no matter how much evidence we show them, or how many time we prove to them their book is wrong, they still are going to believe Jesus is coming on a cloud to save them, only them, and the rest of us sinners can just roast in their version of the Afterlife. Sad, really sad. I am beginning to think religion damages the brain so that it never believes anything else but what they are told by their Church.
A few final thoughts.

Christians claim some of us are possessed by demons, but ever notice who actually gets possessed by demons? Ever notice that only Christians think they have the only path to the Divine? And that that only Christians believe in Hell and Satan? Ever notice that Atheists know more about the Bible than Christians do?
Ever notice that only Christians blame the feminists, gays, lesbians, and ACLU for natural disasters?

Aliens are very real. There are at least 18 different species watching Earth right now. America has it's very own UFO fleet,when you see a triangle shaped craft, it is piloted by American pilots. There is constant inter-galactic war between some of the faction. The grand plan is to enslave Earth, and separate humans from their souls. Human beings can then be slaves of the New World Order.

Currently, there are 57 underground bases and bunkers around the United States that are in use for various purposes. There are 439 bunkers in the entire world. ALL of these bunkers and bases are controlled and maintained by the Illuminati/Reptilians. The largest underground bunker so far is in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This bunker has the capability of holding up to 5,000 people for a period of up to ten years. Powered by a nuclear reactor and stores for 10 years. And then there are the seed banks, and DNA stores maintained by the government, and collected since the 50s in school. Remember the smallpox test? The famous "National Debt" is owed to a private banking cartel, who charge us for using their fiat money.
I don't yet know the true purpose of cellular phones, but i am certain their is one. Our food, and water is poisoned. Need I go on?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Lets focus on the question about religion, is it insane or brainwashing?
If it is insane, why does a lot of people in the world believe in religion?
Try to make something insane and get followers as much as religious people in this world, can you do that?
Supposed to be a sane person would over in many things easily to an insane person.
But must define first what is insane and what is sane.

If it is brainwashing, there must be someone or a party as first party to do that and the goal of brainwashing.
And then the technique how to do brainwashing that really effective.
Question will be who, for what and how.

From this thread and those reply, there are lots of generalizing religion seen as one subject without knowing the meaning as life guidance or the goal after life.
But no need to explain that cos it will be too hard. Just do simple thing. Answer how many religions in this past 3000 years, major religion including tribesman religion around the world. Lets start from africa and asia first. This will be good for a start if want to put all religion as one thing.

new topics

top topics

join